Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 603610 times)

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
Re: NBA Season 2015-16 Discussion
« Reply #160 on: November 30, 2015, 06:38:16 am »
That poem was brilliant. So heartfelt.

Disliked Kobe when he started off. Didn't like his attitiude at all. He was arrogant and brash. Then when he won the championships with Shaq, it was even worse. Lakers fans and his fanbois in general were unbearable.

But, in the last few years, I gone from hating him to respecting him to liking him. I know, I shouldn't like him but for some reason, I do. Say what you want about Kobe, but even his biggest detractors would admire how much effort he gave and how much intensity he played with every game.

All things said and done, one of the greatest players to have graced the game of baksetball. Top-5 or Top-10 is up for debate and that will always go on. But, it was fun watching Kobe play. Adios Mamba.
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #161 on: November 30, 2015, 06:47:28 am »
I have always found this Chris Paul debate extremely interesting. Statistically, you have to say he has been one of the best point guards over the past ten years as he has consistently averaged around 20 points and 10 assists a game.

Personally, it is hard to consider him as one of the best point guards of all time since he has been unable to perform at a high level in the postseason, when it actually matters. This has been a problem with him since his time in college at Wake Forest when they were upset in the second round by West Virginia. In his 10 years in the NBA, he still has not reached the conference finals. Let that sink in for a second. Sure, he played on a mediocre New Orleans team for a few years, but even then he choked away games in the playoffs during his time there. With the Clippers, he has continued to show the same tendencies, despite being surrounded by talented players such as Griffin, DJ, and Crawford. The Rockets series last year was a perfect example of that, as they threw away a 3-1 series lead to a team seriously lacking leadership. Ultimately, is he really the guy you want leading a team to a championship or taking the last shot at the end of a game? I can confidently say no because at no point in his career has he stepped up to the stage and performed at a high level. Based on that, how can he really be considered one of the top point guards of all time?

Nah man, i follow basketball closely. When he was with New Orleans, he was special. He's been what 4 years in Clippers,
almost every single one of their fans would admit that they expected much more from him. He hasn't been clutch, he was great defender before coming to Clippers, not anymore, except when refs call fouls on offensive players when CP3 flops to take charge. I agree with you, only time he looked like his old self was last year against the Spurs but keep in mind, he was against a washed up and injured Parker.

Where was his leadership when his team lost from 3-1 lead to Rockets or lost 4 in a row against Grizzlies after 2-0 lead a year before.
Everyone expected him to take himself to next level when he came to L.A. but it didn't happen. His best assists and steals years are still with
New Orleans.

I am not saying he isn't good or anything, but he hasn't been a Top 5 guard in this league last few years when he was Top 2 after Nash
even in his rookie and 2nd years.

But CP played well in both the series. He won them the series against Spurs as well. It really comes down to supporting cast. He had an average supporting cast at New Orleans, with whom he was never going to compete for a Championship. And the supporting cast at Clippers is as flawed as it gets. Last playoffs, their major problem was their bench. He and Blake were gassed out and their bench was atrocious. Thats how Houston got back into the game in the fifth game after trailing by so much.

People criticize CP but he can do so much. Blake goes AWOL in most of the fourth quarters and when the game slows down and teams make Clippers play half court offense, he is far from being a superstar he is in genral. Their so called, third option DJ, isn't reliable at all. His offensive game is fuck all and is a liability in fourth quarters because he can't shoot FTs. Crawford is a chucker. Sometimes he will take boneheaded shots and make them but a lot of times he will take stupid shots. The second best player for Clippers in end game situation is Redick. That speaks volume, IMO.

They really fucked up in the summer. Should have let DJ walk and simply got a more all-rounded Center for cheap and a much needed Small Forward next summer.
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: November 30, 2015, 07:33:15 am »
You sure?

I think he is a Milan fan.
said he was a fan of us as a kid cause of digger

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #163 on: November 30, 2015, 08:26:51 am »
said he was a fan of us as a kid cause of digger
I'm almost 100% certain he is a Milan supporter too. I remember him talking about Maldini in the past. Grew up in Italy, speaks Italian too.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #164 on: November 30, 2015, 10:35:20 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GZJHrNIp2Gw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GZJHrNIp2Gw</a>
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #165 on: November 30, 2015, 11:24:13 am »
So the 76ers start the season 0-18, Brett Brown's coaching record thus far is 37-145. Going to take some 60 win seasons to get back to .500  ;D

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #166 on: December 1, 2015, 04:53:41 am »
My Dubs 19-0

What a game that was against the Jazz.
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline evanz89

• Anny Roader
  • JFT96
« Reply #167 on: December 2, 2015, 11:10:46 am »
Lakers....  ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: December 2, 2015, 11:16:30 am »
Lakers....  ;D

;D Was the Sixers' best chance for a win all season and they didn't fuck it up to be fair. Lakers shot 37%, 23% from deep. Bryant had a 7-26 night, the Lakers are absolutely torrid.

Offline evanz89

• Anny Roader
  • JFT96
« Reply #169 on: December 2, 2015, 01:11:32 pm »
;D Was the Sixers' best chance for a win all season and they didn't fuck it up to be fair. Lakers shot 37%, 23% from deep. Bryant had a 7-26 night, the Lakers are absolutely torrid.

I thought about back the Lakers to win then gave my head a shake  8)

Highest paid player in the NBA... What a great move by the Lakers. Be interesting next season to see what moves they make. Wish Kobe just stopped now to be honest. How the mighty have fallen.

Offline evanz89

• Anny Roader
  • JFT96
« Reply #170 on: December 3, 2015, 08:05:23 am »
So the Lakers win with Kobe hitting 31 points.. What do I know  :D

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #171 on: December 3, 2015, 10:44:19 am »
Defeated the Clippers too. Win streak keeps going on. Think we will lose tonight at Portland though. Not because of the team but a back to back on a road trip is always a bitch.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: December 3, 2015, 10:45:38 am »
So the Lakers win with Kobe hitting 31 points.. What do I know  :D

Wizards beat the Cavs and then the next day lose to the Lakers  ::)

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #173 on: December 3, 2015, 12:50:29 pm »
What a shambolic performance by the Sixers against us last night. Easily one of the worst performances by a Knick opponent that I've seen since probably the Raptors more than a decade back. Horrible execution, and a complete exclusion of even the basic basketball fundamentals (bounce passes, pick and roll defense, boxing out) that one might expect a bunch of professionals to maintain.

We racked up a 20 point lead and got bored during the last 20 or so minutes, this could have easily been a dominant one-sided affair. It's almost unacceptable for a team to be playing at that ridiculous level of play, and absolutely the worst type of mentality to subjucate their younger (promising) players to. They should have brought on some veteran players that could lead the team in the locker room, and help iron out their bad habits, otherwise it'll simply be another generation of youngsters that fail to fulfil their promise.

Racking up a team full of promising young talent, in the expectation that they'll grow and mature together progressively over time only works in the virtual gaming world. In reality, a balance is neccessary, and I've never, ever, seen a team of youngsters blossom into title contenders. Something always goes wrong (remember the Dallas youth tactic when they had Kidd, Mashburn, Jackson, and had expectations of a future dynasty built around that core?)
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: December 3, 2015, 12:57:59 pm »
What a shambolic performance by the Sixers against us last night. Easily one of the worst performances by a Knick opponent that I've seen since probably the Raptors more than a decade back. Horrible execution, and a complete exclusion of even the basic basketball fundamentals (bounce passes, pick and roll defense, boxing out) that one might expect a bunch of professionals to maintain.

We racked up a 20 point lead and got bored during the last 20 or so minutes, this could have easily been a dominant one-sided affair. It's almost unacceptable for a team to be playing at that ridiculous level of play, and absolutely the worst type of mentality to subjucate their younger (promising) players to. They should have brought on some veteran players that could lead the team in the locker room, and help iron out their bad habits, otherwise it'll simply be another generation of youngsters that fail to fulfil their promise.

Racking up a team full of promising young talent, in the expectation that they'll grow and mature together progressively over time only works in the virtual gaming world. In reality, a balance is neccessary, and I've never, ever, seen a team of youngsters blossom into title contenders. Something always goes wrong (remember the Dallas youth tactic when they had Kidd, Mashburn, Jackson, and had expectations of a future dynasty built around that core?)

The roster is horribly put together. A lot of athletic players but very little outside shooting. Players like Sampson, Noel, Grant, O'Connell aren't scoring threats really. Force feed Okafor is the strategy which is great for his development, but they've an absolute ton of work to do before they're even a play off team. They don't have a starting level PG, Stauskas is miles off being what he was thought to be, Covington is a serviceable player and Noel can't score the ball. Aside from Okafor, Noel, Covington and potentially Stauskas they're all D-League level players

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: December 3, 2015, 01:19:31 pm »
The roster is horribly put together. A lot of athletic players but very little outside shooting. Players like Sampson, Noel, Grant, O'Connell aren't scoring threats really. Force feed Okafor is the strategy which is great for his development, but they've an absolute ton of work to do before they're even a play off team. They don't have a starting level PG, Stauskas is miles off being what he was thought to be, Covington is a serviceable player and Noel can't score the ball. Aside from Okafor, Noel, Covington and potentially Stauskas they're all D-League level players

I'd forgotten to add that Okafor was on suspension, so that was probably the Sixers at their worst. I haven't been paying too much attention to the Sixers' transfers, though it sounded as if they presented an emphasis on their long-term blueprint to success, mostly founded on their vision of building around a young core. Taking into account your above points, it paints a rather different picture. Surely all the losing isn't worth what they've produced, 18 wins last season, 19 the season before that, and this season looks like it'll amount to the same.

I'm not sure it's a coherent tactic in so much as it's a ploy to keep cashing in on the fanbase, minimise salary costs, and hope they strike it lucky in the lottery.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: December 3, 2015, 01:32:04 pm »
I'd forgotten to add that Okafor was on suspension, so that was probably the Sixers at their worst. I haven't been paying too much attention to the Sixers' transfers, though it sounded as if they presented an emphasis on their long-term blueprint to success, mostly founded on their vision of building around a young core. Taking into account your above points, it paints a rather different picture. Surely all the losing isn't worth what they've produced, 18 wins last season, 19 the season before that, and this season looks like it'll amount to the same.

I'm not sure it's a coherent tactic in so much as it's a ploy to keep cashing in on the fanbase, minimise salary costs, and hope they strike it lucky in the lottery.

I suspect there may be something in your last point, they're showing no signs of improvement whatsoever, in fact they're on pace to be even worse this season! Look how the Timberwolves have started to make big strides forward in the space of a couple of seasons. Traded Love for Wiggins, drafted Levine and Towns and have surrounded them with good players like Kevin Martin and some veterans like Garnett and Miller. Teams like the Knicks and Celtics to some extent have also shown it doesn't have to take years and years to become a good team again.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: December 3, 2015, 02:39:49 pm »
40 points on 18 shots for Steph last night. Unreal.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: December 3, 2015, 06:31:48 pm »
Last night was bad. I turned it off after half-time. The team had no choice but to rebuild after the roster was gutted during the Bynum trade. They were going to be sitting 4-10 in the lottery in the near future. The city is not a free agent spot at all either. It was a massive deal when Elton Brand signed years ago, and he was hardly a star. The funny thing is all of the major sports team in the city suck at the moment. The Sixers have the most positive fan base out of all of them despite being the worst, because they know there is a better chance to rebuild quicker with better talent.

Probably 60% of the players are off the team in the near future, so it is hard to determine any type of outlook. There is no guarantee either that Hinkie intends to keep all the top prospects. The whole purpose of Hinkie/Morey-ball is to acquire assets to upgrade (Harden to the Rockets for example). The trouble is finding that opportunity when it arises.

I suspect there may be something in your last point, they're showing no signs of improvement whatsoever, in fact they're on pace to be even worse this season! Look how the Timberwolves have started to make big strides forward in the space of a couple of seasons. Traded Love for Wiggins, drafted Levine and Towns and have surrounded them with good players like Kevin Martin and some veterans like Garnett and Miller. Teams like the Knicks and Celtics to some extent have also shown it doesn't have to take years and years to become a good team again.
Knicks already have Melo, and the Celtics made bank on aging stars. Sixers never had that. There hasn't been a star here since Iverson. As I said above, the Bynum trade depleted the team, leaving it with almost no value or assets. You can only rebuild at that point through the draft. The T-Wolves essentially gained two first picks with KAT and Wiggins, which is what the Sixers are trying to do, just very blatantly.  ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: December 3, 2015, 06:45:45 pm »

Knicks already have Melo, and the Celtics made bank on aging stars. Sixers never had that. There hasn't been a star here since Iverson. As I said above, the Bynum trade depleted the team, leaving it with almost no value or assets. You can only rebuild at that point through the draft. The T-Wolves essentially gained two first picks with KAT and Wiggins, which is what the Sixers are trying to do, just very blatantly.  ;D

Surely your high draft pick next summer will be a guard/SF. I guess the thinking was to draft the best available player but already it's looking the Embiid gamble might have bust. 2 centres and a borderline centre for your last 3 high draft picks have left you with a bunch of D Leaguers in the backcourt

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: December 3, 2015, 11:52:50 pm »
Last night was bad. I turned it off after half-time. The team had no choice but to rebuild after the roster was gutted during the Bynum trade. They were going to be sitting 4-10 in the lottery in the near future. The city is not a free agent spot at all either. It was a massive deal when Elton Brand signed years ago, and he was hardly a star. The funny thing is all of the major sports team in the city suck at the moment. The Sixers have the most positive fan base out of all of them despite being the worst, because they know there is a better chance to rebuild quicker with better talent.

Probably 60% of the players are off the team in the near future, so it is hard to determine any type of outlook. There is no guarantee either that Hinkie intends to keep all the top prospects. The whole purpose of Hinkie/Morey-ball is to acquire assets to upgrade (Harden to the Rockets for example). The trouble is finding that opportunity when it arises.

Not having that, Philly is a big market in the US, and have sufficient, vociferous fans (remember how loud they were in the Iverson years?), and historically are a big team in the NBA (they're a big club, as we'd say in football!). If they had a strategy beyond "let's bring in youths and hope they develop over 5-10 years", that also involved finding shrewd bargains (and there are plenty!), and trying to build a team that works hard, I'm sure they'd get a listen from free agents. It's certainly no Minnesota or Utah (no offense to anyone from there!). I think they've picked the least financially risky option, and the passive option, and I doubt most of the fans filling up Wells Fargo are buying their "moneyball" tactics. Nothing moneyball about it.

Players won't go to Philly because the ownership haven't shown the desire to win in the near future. And to top it off, they've wasted lottery picks on centers coming off injuries (even after getting burned with the Bynum transfer), traded Jrue Holiday coming off an All Star year (a player worth keeping around on a great contract-4 years 40 mill), which sheds doubts on their ability to nurture (and retain) talent. At best, they're incompetent, at worst, they're keeping things clicking along whilst cashing in on their loyal fanbase and abusing their loyalty with their "rebuilding moneyball" nonsense. They're like Arsenal except instead of being satisfied with being 4th, they're satisfied with avoiding relegation.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: December 4, 2015, 07:40:23 am »
Not having that, Philly is a big market in the US, and have sufficient, vociferous fans (remember how loud they were in the Iverson years?), and historically are a big team in the NBA (they're a big club, as we'd say in football!). If they had a strategy beyond "let's bring in youths and hope they develop over 5-10 years", that also involved finding shrewd bargains (and there are plenty!), and trying to build a team that works hard, I'm sure they'd get a listen from free agents. It's certainly no Minnesota or Utah (no offense to anyone from there!). I think they've picked the least financially risky option, and the passive option, and I doubt most of the fans filling up Wells Fargo are buying their "moneyball" tactics. Nothing moneyball about it.

Players won't go to Philly because the ownership haven't shown the desire to win in the near future. And to top it off, they've wasted lottery picks on centers coming off injuries (even after getting burned with the Bynum transfer), traded Jrue Holiday coming off an All Star year (a player worth keeping around on a great contract-4 years 40 mill), which sheds doubts on their ability to nurture (and retain) talent. At best, they're incompetent, at worst, they're keeping things clicking along whilst cashing in on their loyal fanbase and abusing their loyalty with their "rebuilding moneyball" nonsense. They're like Arsenal except instead of being satisfied with being 4th, they're satisfied with avoiding relegation.
I've lived here for the majority of my life. Philly isn't a big market basketball city. I dare you to name a big name free agent (aside from the aforementioned Elton Brand) that has came here since 1990. During the Iverson era, he was drafted and the majority of that team was acquired via trade.

The general Philly sports fan is a front runner. Even when the Sixers were a 6-8 seed, they were among the lowest 1/3 of teams in attendance. When the new owners bought the team, there were even rumors they wanted to move the team to NJ (since they don't own Wells Fargo, but own the Prudential Center in NJ).

As a lottery or sub lottery team, you overpay for free agents. You are better off having flexibility with your cap, just like your Knicks have finally done. As for some of the other stuff, it was obvious the team wanted Wiggins over Embiid, but lost the lottery to a team with a 1% chance of getting the 1st pick. Embiid is a total question mark of course. Not much you can do there. Jrue Holiday isn't even a top 10 NBA PG and we gained two first round picks including a player that was touted as the top pick of that season and Dario Saric, who is coming next season. Like I said previously, the loyal fan base is satisfied at this point with their long term plan.

Online child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: December 4, 2015, 07:57:13 am »
The media has gone Kobe crazy. I mean, I like him, but give it a break, there are like 60 more games of the regular season. Was it the same in 1994 and 2003 with MJ?
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: December 4, 2015, 02:02:40 pm »
I've lived here for the majority of my life. Philly isn't a big market basketball city. I dare you to name a big name free agent (aside from the aforementioned Elton Brand) that has came here since 1990. During the Iverson era, he was drafted and the majority of that team was acquired via trade.

The general Philly sports fan is a front runner. Even when the Sixers were a 6-8 seed, they were among the lowest 1/3 of teams in attendance. When the new owners bought the team, there were even rumors they wanted to move the team to NJ (since they don't own Wells Fargo, but own the Prudential Center in NJ).

To the first point, the fact that free agents aren't clamouring to join Philly is less of an indication of their market and more of an indication of their management and how free agents view rebuilding. In spite of New York's big market appeal, we also failed to bring in any elite free agents over the latter few seasons simply because we didn't look like a team that could win. The Spurs, Heat, Bucks, among others, all managed to bring in free agents and they're not big market basketball cities. Philly is easily among the top 10 biggest market basketball cities in the US, their history didn't start in the 90s.

Their current moneyball philosophy (which I would argue is actually not that) whereby they focus solely on youth is a blueprint that has not been replicated elsewhere, it just sounds like a great philosophy. Teams like the Thunder lucked into the lottery picks that resulted in Durant and Westbrook, and then very quickly built a team and philosophy around them, others like Houston wisely manouvered enough cap space at just the right time in the hope they would luck into some free agents and Harden happened to fall onto their laps. Neither of them went through several seasons where they won less than 20 games. You can't plan a philosophy around lottery picks and end up succeeding and that's the issue, it's not a guarantee. The Sixers have had the worst run (record wise) over the latter few seasons than any other team (including the expansion teams when they started out), and that isn't about their market size. And that is why free agents have , and will continue to, avoid them.

To the latter highlighted point, there are very few fanbases that support their team irregardless of their record. Very few. For the most part, either a winning season , or a superstar player attract the fans. Since Iverson, has there been any player that could have made it to the All NBA 3rd team? Iguodala is your best shout, but even he wasn't considered among the best in his position. Elton Brand might have become one if he hadn't succumbed to injuries. And 6th place in the East isn't exactly a highlight, since the 2000 season the Sixers have only had 4 seasons when they've won more than 40 games, and only one season when they had more than 45 wins(and that was 48 wins). That's over 15 seasons, in the East! That will challenge any fanbase.

The Philly fans deserve better, anyone over 30-35+ can remember when they were a bonafide force in the league, now they're clutching at the hope of a lottery, followed by the hope that potential will turn to reality, followed by the hope that that results in them becoming a contender. In the meantime they're watching their team lose at a rate never seen before.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2015, 02:06:09 pm by Doc Red »

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: December 4, 2015, 02:11:24 pm »
The media has gone Kobe crazy. I mean, I like him, but give it a break, there are like 60 more games of the regular season. Was it the same in 1994 and 2003 with MJ?

Jordan retired after the season had ended (after the 92-93 season, and after the 97-97 season) so there wasn't a chance to give him the same exposure. Kobe's a sneaky smart fella, wouldn't be surprised if revealed his retirement plans with an eye to change the narrative that was already working 24/7 before his retirement speech. Instead of discussing the crazy fact that this season there are only 7 players that dominate possession more than Kobe, inspite of his age and absolutely atrocious stats, we're now discussing his legacy and his highlights.

edit: yes Jordan's final year was the same (forgot about his Washington period!), but he was also playing well at the time. And it was his 3rd time retiring so it probably wasn't as big of an issue  ;) And the media was different before the social media era, but he got ovations at every stadium.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2015, 02:13:48 pm by Doc Red »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: December 4, 2015, 02:15:41 pm »

Tell me about it, bored of hearing about him already. The media were jizzing because he scored 31 points against Washington, but he went just 10-24, talk that he should postpone retirement etc on the back of such an outing is ridiculous.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: December 4, 2015, 06:48:52 pm »
It will be funny if Duncan happens to retire after this season too. Greatest PF ever, equal amount of rings, more MVPs, more Finals MVPs, tons more of 1st/2nd All NBA Defensive teams, signed a reduced contract to better his squad, and total team player. The Anti-Kobe.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: December 4, 2015, 07:54:58 pm »
If Tim Duncan was to retire, he'd probably do it in a Tim Duncan fashion, avoiding the limelight with as little fanfare as possible, and probably at season's end (after their title run). Duncan isn't just on the shortlist of best players in NBA history (I ahve him down as the best PF), his character and personality set a benchmark for other players to aspire to. Something Kobe never did, or cared about. His example to future players in terms of personality and teamwork was greed, selfishness, and a bullying leadership style that revolved around shifting the blame onto the rest.

Hands down my least favourite player over the latter two decades. Thankfully, there isn't another player in his mold. Whilst others may remember his highlights, records, and success, I'm just thinking "good riddance".

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: December 5, 2015, 12:36:07 am »
Great first quarter for the Knicks, the Nets...less so  ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: December 5, 2015, 10:31:21 am »
Bucks have been a disappointment so far, haven't followed them too closely but a lot of people tipped them to do well this season. Not convinced MCW is a starting level PG, he doesn't have an outside shot

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: December 5, 2015, 05:48:57 pm »
They certainly look great on paper, just the right amount of balance of veteran and youth. I think I would be more disappointed with Jason Kidd as their coach. I certainly expected him to blossom into a great coach when he'd eventually transition, but he's surprised a lot of people with his coaching style. I think this season, more than any other, is showing the difference and extra value that a great coach with technical knowledge can bring to a team.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 5, 2015, 05:51:06 pm »
after a woeful first couple of games, been pretty impressed and happy with the pacers since :)

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: December 5, 2015, 07:33:18 pm »
Yup, it's annoying nice to see the Pacers on a good little run. Considering the changes to their backcourt, are they playing better offensively at a faster rate, and how about defensively, have they regressed after losing Hibbert?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: December 5, 2015, 07:46:54 pm »
Yup, it's annoying nice to see the Pacers on a good little run. Considering the changes to their backcourt, are they playing better offensively at a faster rate, and how about defensively, have they regressed after losing Hibbert?

I think the Pacers are still one of the best defensive teams in the league? I find them much more watchable now they've got rid of Stephenson. He made them more unwatchable than the style of play. Suits the Clippers down to the ground he does

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: December 5, 2015, 10:48:23 pm »
First time i've seen GSW this season - Curry is something else

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: December 6, 2015, 12:42:44 am »
Lowry was brilliant but couldn't halt the Warriors. I'm fucking sick of DeRozan's shit shooting, take ridiculously difficult shots, chucking up everything in sight

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #196 on: December 6, 2015, 10:12:57 am »
Lowry has lost some serious weight, hasn't he?

Lost to the Jazz again. Didn't see the game but read we did some serious mistakes that should have won us the match before OT. Oh well. it's a marathon and all. GSW  up next at Indy ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: December 13, 2015, 09:09:48 am »
So, the Bucks eh?...   :o

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: December 15, 2015, 01:06:03 am »
When the Raps are bad it's real bad. In the last 18 minutes of the half we scored 15 points ::) That's how you turn a 21 point lead with 6 to play in the 1st quarter into an 11 point half time deficit. Ugly, exceptionally ugly. This offence is dire

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #199 on: December 15, 2015, 10:04:32 am »
When the Raps are bad it's real bad. In the last 18 minutes of the half we scored 15 points ::) That's how you turn a 21 point lead with 6 to play in the 1st quarter into an 11 point half time deficit. Ugly, exceptionally ugly. This offence is dire

Was amazing to watch. Basketball is a game of runs etc. but that one today takes the biscuit. All in the 1st quarter.