Author Topic: Match Preview: UCL QF 2nd Leg City 0 v Liverpool 3 [10 April 2018, KO 19:45 GMT]  (Read 126920 times)

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I wish we had their cultured tactics of trying to hit long, diagonal balls over Trent's head to Sane.

I do wonder if Guardiola has sent Fernandinho out with that long balls comment to troll us. Guardiola was very fucking sly to say that Pogba comment prior to the Manchester United game. He certainly has it in his locker. We play beautiful football, mixing directness and sharp possession. But it’s not our fault if Man City choose to be a stupid bunch of c*nts and play into our hands, passing it around aimlessly at the back against the best front pressing team in world football. Keep playing our way and torture their fucking team :)
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
I'm surprised you guys have even bitten, so far from the truth it's an obvious attempt to bait.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
 ;D

Can I just say,  I love Narutoreds!  Better than John's wife and the tealeaves.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Liverpool 3-0 City
Long Aerial Balls played 43-69

Liverpool 4-3 City
Long Aerial Balls played 41-55

You were saying Fernandinho?

You take stuff on here far too literally mate.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline ByrdmanLFC

• Anny Roader
I think the impression with the long balls comes from when we are defending a lead (like the 2nd half on wednesday), our players tend to hoof the ball away instead of trying to pass it around to keep the ball.

I realised that against Everton when they tried to come at us at the end of the game, maybe it's just our players being exhausted, but on wednesday i didn't feel city pressed us aggressively and we still just went for clearences instead of trying to hold the ball a bit. That's the one point that pisses me off when we defend a lead.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
I'm surprised you guys have even bitten, so far from the truth it's an obvious attempt to bait.

Exactly. Plus who gives a shit, really.

People are getting really flustered easily lately, if it's not posting a 'look what those bad people on bluemoon said' its about a player making a flippant comment about us playing long balls and in a second language too. It's like a need to be offended or upset by absolutely anything. Don't get it. I know not everyone commenting on it is doing this but you get what I mean.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2018, 02:21:30 pm by Andy82lfc »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Exactly. Plus who gives a shit, really.

People are getting really flustered easily lately, if it's not posting a 'look what those bad people on bluemoon said' its about a player making a flippant comment about us playing long balls and in a second language too. It's like a need to be offended or upset by absolutely anything. Don't get it. I know not everyone commenting on it is doing this but you get what I mean.

Same with anything a commentator/pundit says, I don't understand why their shit opinion is worth consideration.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
Missed presser as in work - any injury updates?
Cheers
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
I'm a lot nervous. *touchwood* City looks confident and we need to be alert. Not giving a goal early and killing their momentum is key.

Wijnaldum at Midfield and perhaps no salah . It will be a fantastic achievement to reach Semis. Come on you redmen. Please no stupid mistakes

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There clearly is doubt about Mo. Who would have played instead of Mane?

Bet you a twix he starts. No doubts.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Missed presser as in work - any injury updates?
Cheers

Some discussion/information in this thread - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=308265.8280.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
If Mo plays tomorrow, what do you do with him for the weekend? Rest him or hope he can play again?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If Mo plays tomorrow, what do you do with him for the weekend? Rest him or hope he can play again?

If he plays tomorrow he should be able to play at the weekend. I would play him at the weekend if he starts tomorrow and is OK.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan

Rest him. Maybe have him on the bench in case we're labouring.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan

If he is fit he plays. We can always bring him off on 60 minutes with the job hopefuly done.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
I don't care about the weekend personally, if he's fine he'll play if not he'll be benched at least. We got plenty of time until then and kick off is later in the day. It's the last thing on my mind.

More importantly, can we please wear our orange kit tomorrow xD

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Liverpool 3-0 City
Long Aerial Balls played 43-69

Liverpool 4-3 City
Long Aerial Balls played 41-55

You were saying Fernandinho?

That's ok, no one believe him anyway. It's just a bit of winding up.

Fernandino will have his hands full trying to stop Ox and Robertson in the centre and right side of midfield. Stopping one of them is hard enough and he cannot expect Silva or KDB to step in to help out defensively.

Aguero is the only player that I am afraid of as he always deliver the goods and despite his small stature is deceivingly strong on the ball. Only Pep thinks he isn't good enough.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Bet you a twix he starts. No doubts.
Funny you mention twixes.

My ex missus broke up with me because I kept fucking with her chocolate and putting it in different wrappers.

Really got her Snickers in a Twix.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
If Salah is remotely fit he starts

Our best chance is to give City as many defensive problems as possible - with Salah on the pitch they can't pour forward with impunity plus he gives us the best chance to score to kill the tie

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Of course we play long ball football, Salah must have hit the ball 40 yards when he scored in the league game and that pass from Trent in the build up to the first must have travelled 50 yards at least before Mo picked it up. ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan

Definitely play him. Semi finals aren't for three weeks and we play three Premier League games in that time. Win them all and top four is sown up so we can then rest everyone for the semi's and hopefully the final.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
let's just get through tomorrow, as a wise man once said, just score and we'll discuss the options later

Offline tHe^CuLpRit

• Legacy Fan
  • just another Malaysian Red
If Mo sits this one out, maybe another option would be to play Klavan just ahead of VVD/Lovren and let Ox move higher up.

I can see VVD releasing the top 3 with some quick clearance if Klavan does the sweeping well. Just dreading any lapse of concentration or pace from Milner and Gini to be honest.
As Shankly once said form is temporary, being shite is permanent.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
If Mo sits this one out, maybe another option would be to play Klavan just ahead of VVD/Lovren and let Ox move higher up.

I can see VVD releasing the top 3 with some quick clearance if Klavan does the sweeping well. Just dreading any lapse of concentration or pace from Milner and Gini to be honest.
Never going to happen.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
If Salah is remotely fit he starts

Our best chance is to give City as many defensive problems as possible - with Salah on the pitch they can't pour forward with impunity plus he gives us the best chance to score to kill the tie

Right.  He did not look inhibited walking off.   I hope to god he did not pick this niggle up with his celebration slide.  Sweet Lord.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan

Not sure playing the slowest player in our squad (probably including keepers) in a brand new position to him at CDM, against City, is going to be something Klopp considers.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
He'll be fine

He came off when we'd have probably considered resting him anyway, and he didn't play against Everton because they're fucking yard dogs and we rested pretty much anyone who we could afford to. I really wouldn't worry yourselves.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline tHe^CuLpRit

• Legacy Fan
  • just another Malaysian Red
Not sure playing the slowest player in our squad (probably including keepers) in a brand new position to him at CDM, against City, is going to be something Klopp considers.

Fair enough plus it'll be an open invitation for them to attack. I just can't see Klopp starting either Ings or Solanke at this point.

Perhaps Clyne/Moreno ahead of TAA/Robertson wouldn't be a bad thing if they can cut in.
As Shankly once said form is temporary, being shite is permanent.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
Just read that a team winning the first match by 3 goals has only not gone through twice. Barca vs PSG and Deportivo vs Milan. Lets hope we don't enter the record books again tomorrow.

In fact teams winning the first leg have only gone out 40 times in 26 years.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2018, 04:01:25 pm by Dull Tools »

• Legacy Fan
IF, he doesn't play then I'd go with  this

--------------------Karius-----------

--Clyne-------Lovren---------Van Dijk---------Robertson--------

---Trent------Ox------Wijnaldum------Milner----------Mane----------

-------------------------Firmino----------------

• Legacy Fan
Fair enough plus it'll be an open invitation for them to attack. I just can't see Klopp starting either Ings or Solanke at this point.

Perhaps Clyne/Moreno ahead of TAA/Robertson wouldn't be a bad thing if they can cut in.

They already have an open invitation to attack, it doesn't matter what we do, they're going to attack regardless, the first leg dictates that, and the way they play dictates that.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
Team pics itself

Karius

TAA - Lovren - VVD - Robertson

Gini
Ox-Milner

Salah-Firmino-Mane

Leaves a bench of Mignolet, Klavan, Ings, Solanke, Moreno, Clyne and whatever youth players Klopp fancies.

Let's hope plan A goes well cause the bench gives no plan B. Maybe throw Solanke on towards the end to hold the ball up, if we're still leading the tie.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Really got her Snickers in a Twix.

Keep on Topic
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
Salah didn't look that bad coming off, he was on the bench pretty sharpish plus he needs a rest in the weekend anyway. Would be very surprised if he doesn't start. The team for tomorrow picks itself.

Shitting it already, another very hard game and even though we are 3-0 up,they are certainly capable of scoring that amount past us. We had a good training match on the weekend though where they had a very hard fixture and obviously lost, so hopefully that has an effect on them mentally and physically.

Need to go full force again in the first half and try and nab a couple of goals (or st least 1) and then they will have a mountain to climb
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Keep on Topic
Fine.

Having Salah back would give us a big Boost.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Definitely play him. Semi finals aren't for three weeks and we play three Premier League games in that time. Win them all and top four is sown up so we can then rest everyone for the semi's and hopefully the final.

As Klopp said, if he is fit, he plays. That's the simplest form to an easy question.

I am arrogant in saying this, having watched all the other semi-finalist, none of them could live with our attack. So Salah will have lots of games to play.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fine.

Having Salah back would give us a big Boost.

Very good.

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
Stop with these terrible puns before the mods call a Time Out.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Well... all eyes will be on training today...

If Salah trains, it seems he’s fit..

But, is there not a chance to play the odd mind game here?

Don’t let him train with the team, give them a bit of excitement and then name him in the starting line up and let their hearts drop just a little.

Maybe it doesn’t work that way?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W