Author Topic: Dejan Lovren  (Read 503201 times)

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
Re: Dejan Lovren signs new long-term Liverpool contract
« Reply #2720 on: July 12, 2018, 09:24:56 am »
Haha the reactions are great. The lad has played well recently as I said. But he is no way world class. I hope the lad continues his form and maybe develop to be world class. Snowflakes on here la.

Snowflake is the fucking biggest load of shite insult to come out of 2017/18.

As for Lovren proclaiming himself a top defender, CL Final and now WC Final, in both he has been a starter and key piece.... I say he's entitled to be feeling on top of the world right now.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #2721 on: July 12, 2018, 09:25:31 am »
Lovren was absolutely outstanding last night. Won so many important headers at set pieces. That has been England's biggest threat over this whole tournament and he played a big part in negating that threat.

He's just got to a World Cup final so I can understand him giving it the big one. Taken a lot of stick off some of Liverpool supporters so he probably felt like it's his time to answer some of those critics. Not sure it has to do it though.

Anyone saying he's not one of the best CBs in the World currently definitely has an agenda against him. I'm viewing one of the best CB in the world as being top 10.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2722 on: July 12, 2018, 09:26:29 am »
No it’s because you show one of our own no respect and talk him down he had one bad game learnt from that and been excellent since guess all that passed you by fella.
You are typing out of your arse. Show me the posts where I have "disresepected" Lovren. Go ed.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2723 on: July 12, 2018, 09:27:40 am »
Him coming out and saying that just says to me that he’s brimming with confidence.

Fair fucks to the lad, he’s had his doubters (and a lot of them,) but he’s silenced them with his performances this year. Become a very very good defenders.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2724 on: July 12, 2018, 09:28:15 am »
ok, he said he is one of the best centre halves in the world. He is not. He is in a good run of form and I said I hope it continues and he develops into world class purely as it would benefit us. Fucking reactions on here would think I had called for his bollocks to be chopped off and hung from the crossbar. QUILTS.

As I said in the other post, his last year probably puts him in the top 10 for a lot of people. I'd say that equates to 'one of the best in the world'.

It's debateable, but it's hardly outlandish.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2725 on: July 12, 2018, 09:28:30 am »
Show me in the last few posts where I have criticised Lovren. I have said he is not world class.

Someone said he was one of the best CBs in the world and you quoted it and just put 'Hahahahaha'

With all due respect, how are you expecting that to come across? Its much the same as when the manager said there weren't many CBs he'd have over Lovren, and he got shit for it. But if you actually sit down and try and write down the CBs who you think are better than him, there really aren't a huge amount at all.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2726 on: July 12, 2018, 09:29:42 am »
You are typing out of your arse. Show me the posts where I have "disresepected" Lovren. Go ed.

Hahahahahahaha.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #2728 on: July 12, 2018, 09:35:56 am »
So because I don't think the lad is world class I should stop supporting the Reds? Behave soft lad.

Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2729 on: July 12, 2018, 09:36:48 am »
I put hahaha because it made me laugh. I really, really, really hope Lovren stays as consistent as he has been over the last few months as it would benefit us. I hope he wins the World Cup and has a great game. No agenda, no fucking hidden meanings.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2730 on: July 12, 2018, 09:37:12 am »
Not to beat the Karius drum but he should learn from Lovren and try and gain the same mentality as him.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2731 on: July 12, 2018, 09:38:11 am »
Not to beat the Karius drum but he should learn from Lovren and try and gain the same mentality as him.

If Karius came out with half the stuff Lovren does he'd be crucified on here  ;D

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2732 on: July 12, 2018, 09:38:32 am »

So by laughing at a post I have disrespected Lovren? Really?

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2733 on: July 12, 2018, 09:39:28 am »

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2734 on: July 12, 2018, 09:40:21 am »
If Karius came out with half the stuff Lovren does he'd be crucified on here  ;D
No good on crosses as it is.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #2735 on: July 12, 2018, 09:41:42 am »
Anyone saying he's not one of the best CBs in the World currently definitely has an agenda against him. I'm viewing one of the best CB in the world as being top 10.

I’m sorry but this is incredibly biased. Would you care to roughly list that top 10? Cause I think I’d find another 10-15 players you’d have left out.

This logic of ‘he started for a CL and a WC finalist so he has to be up there’ is so so silly.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2736 on: July 12, 2018, 09:42:00 am »
Who could have possibly guessed at the start of the season that Lovren would be playing in a Champions League and a World Cup final this season? Really happy for him. Not sure I'd put him as one of the best defenders in the world but he's definitely in the top 20 centre backs. Maybe top 10 on current form. One of the things I didn't really get until I saw him live toward the end of last season is how good his distribution is too - so many quick passes out of defence to the feet of the midfielders and full backs. Really looking forward to seeing him play a full season with VVD next year.

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #2737 on: July 12, 2018, 09:45:09 am »
Probably Croatias best player last night next to Perisic, was unbelievable!

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2738 on: July 12, 2018, 09:45:25 am »
I’m sorry but this is incredibly biased. Would you care to roughly list that top 10? Cause I think I’d find another 10-15 players you’d have left out.

This logic of ‘he started for a CL and a WC finalist so he has to be up there’ is so so silly.

Doesn't really matter either way, he said he's one of the best in the world. This isn't an era where you've got the likes of Nesta, Cannavarro, Ferdinand etc parading around. I'd say personally Varane and VVD are the two best CBs in the world and after that? A lot of 'good' CBs, which Lovren would be amongst. Probably from the PL you'd stick Vertonghen, Aldeweireld, Kompany etc in there but again we're talking about it being laughable to say Lovren is up there....which it isn't.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2739 on: July 12, 2018, 09:47:36 am »
Probably Croatias best player last night next to Perisic, was unbelievable!

Vrsaljko was boss as well.

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #2740 on: July 12, 2018, 09:47:48 am »
He's the best defender of for a team which reached the final of the world cup mostly by defending well. He also was a mainstay of a team which just reached the champions league final.

He is entitled to be confident.

Absolutely this.  And fair fucks to him, hope he wins the bloody thing.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2741 on: July 12, 2018, 09:48:41 am »
Doesn't really matter either way, he said he's one of the best in the world. This isn't an era where you've got the likes of Nesta, Cannavarro, Ferdinand etc parading around. I'd say personally Varane and VVD are the two best CBs in the world and after that? A lot of 'good' CBs, which Lovren would be amongst. Probably from the PL you'd stick Vertonghen, Aldeweireld, Kompany etc in there but again we're talking about it being laughable to say Lovren is up there....which it isn't.

Think Ramos, Varane, VVD and Godin are a very long way ahead. Would say Umtiti, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Gimenez, Azpilicueta are superior as well. Would have him up there with the likes of Pique, Hummels etc these days though.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2742 on: July 12, 2018, 09:51:40 am »
haha good on you Dejan, did he say that ?  Good for him.
Here's my take on Lovren. He's certainly not world class, but he does put in some world class performances at times and often in big games.  He has the other side though that holds him back.
He has all the attributes you want in a centre back, Big, strong, aggressive. 2 good feet. Not slow. Decent in the air.  You can see why Klopp likes him because if he can get the consistency....
Anyway, one characteristic I really really like about him is he seems to revel when he has to prove a point, No way he was letting Kane get the better of him. But according to whopper's like Gary Neville, Kane must of been carrying an injury. Sound
I'd like to see him take that aggression and no nonsense approach in every game. We need an angry fucker or 2 in our team at times.
Go on and have the game of your life in the final. You already showed the world in the CL final you're not the liability people thought, so do it against so they are in no doubt.

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #2743 on: July 12, 2018, 09:52:14 am »
Think Ramos, Varane, VVD and Godin are a very long way ahead. Would say Umtiti, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Gimenez, Azpilicueta are superior as well. Would have him up there with the likes of Pique, Hummels etc these days though.

IMHO, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, and Azpilicueta aren't better than Lovren, whatsoever.

Varane is a defender I personally don't rate that much...for the rest I can agree with you.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2744 on: July 12, 2018, 09:52:55 am »
haha good on you Dejan, did he say that ?  Good for him.
Here's my take on Lovren. He's certainly not world class, but he does put in some world class performances at times and often in big games.  He has the other side though that holds him back.
He has all the attributes you want in a centre back, Big, strong, aggressive. 2 good feet. Not slow. Decent in the air.  You can see why Klopp likes him because if he can get the consistency....
Anyway, one characteristic I really really like about him is he seems to revel when he has to prove a point, No way he was letting Kane get the better of him. But according to whopper's like Gary Neville, Kane must of been carrying an injury. Sound
I'd like to see him take that aggression and no nonsense approach in every game. We need an angry fucker or 2 in our team at times.
Go on and have the game of your life in the final. You already showed the world in the CL final you're not the liability people thought, so do it against so they are in no doubt.

He said one of the best in the world. Not that he is world class.

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #2745 on: July 12, 2018, 09:53:27 am »
He said one of the best in the world.

and he is right to say so.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2746 on: July 12, 2018, 09:54:50 am »
IMHO, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, and Azpilicueta aren't better than Lovren, whatsoever.

Varane is a defender I personally don't rate that much...for the rest I can agree with you.

I'd say Azpilicueta is the second best defender in the league. Absolutely world class player. Exceptional at CB and RB, doesn't miss a game, barely makes a mistake.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 09:57:03 am by Gerry Attrick »

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2747 on: July 12, 2018, 09:55:10 am »
Sad for England obviously, but very pleased for Dejan. It's no coincidence his form has looked more impressive again since switching to the right side of central defence. He's simply far more natural on that side.

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #2748 on: July 12, 2018, 09:59:01 am »
I'd say Azpilicueta is the best defender in the league. Absolutely world class player.

I don't agree with you at all. But you are entitled your own opinion.

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #2749 on: July 12, 2018, 10:03:44 am »
Harry kane was supposed to embarass him???

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2750 on: July 12, 2018, 10:09:12 am »
Harry kane was supposed to embarass him???

Would love to know what Lovren and Alli were saying to each other first half. You could see they do not like each other. Pretty sure one of them was calling the other a twat

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #2751 on: July 12, 2018, 10:22:41 am »

The thing is we could get everyone to write down a list of the 10 best CB in the World and I suspect there are about 5 or 6 centre backs that would be virtually on everyone's list -  the likes of Godin, Varane, Alderweireld, Umtiti, VvD, Ramos. Then there be a whole host of other centre backs named - maybe another 10 or so of all similar-ish quality. At this moment Lovren would be one of these players along with the likes Pique, Vertonghen, Hummels, Thiago Silva, Miranda, Boateng, Bonucci, Kompany,Chellini, Manolas, Koulibaily etc..

So no doubt you could name 15-20 centre half that you think are better. Reality is that I don't think Lovren isn't in that very top bracket of those 5 or 6 centre backs. He's in the next bracket down. That still makes him one of the best defenders around.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2752 on: July 12, 2018, 10:31:02 am »
He has attributes better than many of those as a CB though. Better in the air than Varane, Umtiti, Alderweireld, Gimenez, Azpilecueta by a long shot for example. I wouldn't back any of these defending against England's set pieces.

Offline Phil1986

• Main Stander
« Reply #2753 on: July 12, 2018, 10:35:46 am »
Honestly, I like him. had a tough childhood, as a refugee to Germany and made his way til where he is now.

However, those quotes about being one of the best defenders in the world are predestined to see a big blunder from him on sunday. That would be typical. Like Karius during a self-confident interview with Sky Germany before the Champions league final... Wait and see... ;)

Offline JCB

• Sponsors of Digger Barnes.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2754 on: July 12, 2018, 10:35:47 am »
Who are the Lovren equivalents for a rival who has got to a CL and World Cup Final recently, where they were excellent in both runs?

Then we can advise if we'd be pissing ourselves with laughter or not :)

Not being contrary here but just pointing it out... Varane.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2755 on: July 12, 2018, 10:37:42 am »
Not being contrary here but just pointing it out... Varane.

Not sure we'd really class them as rivals though

I think he was more talking about United/Everton/Chelsea CBs

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2756 on: July 12, 2018, 10:39:49 am »
I dont give feck if he said that he was Muhammed Im Hard Bruce bloody Lee. Over the course of lasr year hes had 3 bad performances in all the games hes played.

If he didnt have the confidence in himself  he would have never bounced back

And the snowflak shite you can feck that comment right off, fexking diarrhea trump supporting words have no place here

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #2757 on: July 12, 2018, 10:41:54 am »
The thing is we could get everyone to write down a list of the 10 best CB in the World and I suspect there are about 5 or 6 centre backs that would be virtually on everyone's list -  the likes of Godin, Varane, Alderweireld, Umtiti, VvD, Ramos. Then there be a whole host of other centre backs named - maybe another 10 or so of all similar-ish quality. At this moment Lovren would be one of these players along with the likes Pique, Vertonghen, Hummels, Thiago Silva, Miranda, Boateng, Bonucci, Kompany,Chellini, Manolas, Koulibaily etc..

So no doubt you could name 15-20 centre half that you think are better. Reality is that I don't think Lovren isn't in that very top bracket of those 5 or 6 centre backs. He's in the next bracket down. That still makes him one of the best defenders around.

See, I personally think Lovren sticks out like a sore thumb on that list. There’s no way he’s as good as all those players for me, and I think you’d have a very hard time finding any non-LFC football fan who thinks differently.

It’s true that there isn’t much between those defenders in the second bracket but that’s not Lovren’s level imo.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2758 on: July 12, 2018, 10:45:53 am »
See, I personally think Lovren sticks out like a sore thumb on that list. There’s no way he’s as good as all those players for me, and I think you’d have a very hard time finding any non-LFC football fan who thinks differently.

It’s true that there isn’t much between those defenders in the second bracket but that’s not Lovren’s level imo.

He is as good as Pique presently, Hummels  Boateng(have you watched him play in the lasr 12 months), Koibaily

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #2759 on: July 12, 2018, 10:46:18 am »
Love the crazy fucker to bits, slowly becoming one of my favorite players. Has every right to consider himself top 10 maybe 15 in the world. Compliments VVD extremely well with contrasting defending styles which imo gives us one of the best defensive pairings in world football. We're pretty much gonna lose 0% of aerial duels in our box next season lol.

Oh and bet he was bouncing to 50 cent and busting caps all over the place after the game! Well in Dejan