Author Topic: Anfield not on FA 2028 for Euro's Shortlist  (Read 6574 times)

Offline bennoman57

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Anfield not on FA 2028 for Euro's Shortlist
« on: September 23, 2022, 12:12:00 am »
With a year to go until UEFA decide who to name as tournament hosts, more detailed plans are being put together, including the choice of stadiums.

UEFA have requested an initial list of 10 venues that could later be expanded to 12, and The Times report that Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will each submit one while Ireland will submit two.

Therefore, England will submit five, potentially expanding to seven, and have put together a 10-stadium shortlist.

Anfield and Stamford Bridge have not been included on it with the pitches at the grounds of Liverpool and Chelsea deemed too small.

The Emirates is also not a candidate, with Wembley Stadium, Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and West Ham's London Stadium being those on the list from the capital.

The other seven being considered are Villa Park, Old Trafford, the Etihad, the Stadium of Light, St James' Park, Everton's future Bramley Moore Dock ground, and most surprisingly of all, Stadium MK in Milton Keynes.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Re: Anfield not on FA 2028 for Euro's Shortlist
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 08:00:06 am »
This has kind of been discussed to death on here. We’ve not been in the running for European finals for years because of the pitch. The club don’t seem particularly bothered as if they were going to do anything about it they would have addressed it with the Annie Road expansion. I’m not particularly that bothered. Hope Everton get it as it will be good for the city. Seems a scorching hot topic on Skyscraper city if you want some outrage.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 08:27:22 am »
This has kind of been discussed to death on here. We’ve not been in the running for European finals for years because of the pitch. The club don’t seem particularly bothered as if they were going to do anything about it they would have addressed it with the Annie Road expansion. I’m not particularly that bothered. Hope Everton get it as it will be good for the city. Seems a scorching hot topic on Skyscraper city if you want some outrage.

Did they change the rulings after Euro 96?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 08:27:29 am »
Good. Fuck UEFA.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 08:35:54 am »
Good. Fuck UEFA.

Agree...reckon the Club do too, as I reckon it was not too big a task to extend the pitch a few feet if we really wanted to.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 08:39:56 am »
Agree...reckon the Club do too, as I don't reckon it was too big a task to extend the pitch a few feet if we really wanted to.

It's 2.5 metres at either end... They'd literally have to remove the first few rows of terracing from both ends which would then play havoc with the accessibility/exit routes/disability areas etc and be done during the season. Then put it all back again. Guess it's not worth the hassle or cost.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 09:22:09 am by meady1981 »

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2022, 09:15:41 am »
I did also read somewhere that there are regulations about the closest train station. Though that might have been on the old wives tales section of SSC

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2022, 04:53:31 pm »
I did also read somewhere that there are regulations about the closest train station. Though that might have been on the old wives tales section of SSC

MK Dons ground is in the middle of nowhere.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2022, 08:44:06 pm »
MK Dons ground is in the middle of nowhere.

It’s in the middle of Milton Keynes, albeit Milton Keynes is a bit of a nowhere place.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2022, 02:21:29 pm »
It's not just the pitch - it's the zone around the pitch for camera angles (who cares about people in the ground...). Can't remember the actual margin required but it would make a nonsense of a 'tightly packed ground' with 'the crowd on top of the opposition'.

Although a greyhound track would be nice.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2022, 03:50:10 pm »
Here's the updated 14 shortlisted stadiums for the UK & Ireland 2028 bid.  I think it'll be reduced to 10 or 12 for the finals.  So we may not see games being played in the Ev's half-built stadium.

(Dublin Arena is the Aviva / Landsdowne Road stadium).
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2022, 04:37:30 pm »
(Dublin Arena is the Aviva / Landsdowne Road stadium).

Never heard of Croke Park before. They love a stadium with 3 sides in Dublin! God forbid a pitch is 20cm too short though...

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2022, 08:28:13 pm »
Who cares?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2022, 08:30:55 pm »
What are they going to do when Evertons Slave traders Stadium doesn't get built?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2022, 08:32:43 pm »
How did Sunderland's crappy little stadium get in that list

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2022, 08:36:55 pm »
How did Sunderland's crappy little stadium get in that list
It's been 13 years since the beach ball. Let it go.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2022, 09:29:47 pm »
Kind of funny that Ild Trafford isn’t listed as Manchester.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2022, 09:41:34 pm »
Never heard of Croke Park before. They love a stadium with 3 sides in Dublin! God forbid a pitch is 20cm too short though...

:shocked Third biggest stadium in Europe. Most famous stadium in Ireland.
I find it amusing that Casement Park is on there but Windsor Park isn't. Some will be bitter as fuck about that  :D

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2022, 10:16:31 pm »
Kind of funny that Ild Trafford isn’t listed as Manchester.

Because technically it isn't, its in Trafford, which isn't in the City of Manchester.  There is actually only one club in Manchester ;D

Keep telling my missus she's not a real Manc as she was born in Trafford General, as was one of my kids, the other has Salford on his passport.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2022, 10:38:28 pm »
Because technically it isn't, its in Trafford, which isn't in the City of Manchester.  There is actually only one club in Manchester ;D

Keep telling my missus she's not a real Manc as she was born in Trafford General, as was one of my kids, the other has Salford on his passport.

I know that. But normally they’ll claim any part of Greater Manchester as their own so seems weird not to have it listed as Manchester on what’s presumably the official bid.

With the exception of London, but crap to have more than one stadium from the same city.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2022, 10:31:53 am »
I know that. But normally they’ll claim any part of Greater Manchester as their own so seems weird not to have it listed as Manchester on what’s presumably the official bid.

With the exception of London, but crap to have more than one stadium from the same city.

The local MP is stepping down and becoming Deputy Mayor, the head of Trafford Council is standing in the By Election, so he might be trying to get Trafford on the map ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2022, 10:33:45 am »
:shocked Third biggest stadium in Europe. Most famous stadium in Ireland.
I find it amusing that Casement Park is on there but Windsor Park isn't. Some will be bitter as fuck about that  :D

Just realised the significance of Casement being selected over Windsor. : ;D

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2023, 09:58:28 pm »
for those people who have various questions why Liverpool FC cannot in 2028 but did in 1996, I would suggest you have a read of this document, if you are on a trans Atlantic flight or bored off your head.

https://www.uefa.com/multimediafiles/download/officialdocument/uefaorg/regulations/02/46/30/61/2463061_download.pdf

just a heads up, note the quantities, the numbers, the figures, call it what you want,  but more to the point, note the lack of them, just in case you don’t know, think UEFA are squeaky clean, the hypocrisy is astounding

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2023, 05:07:38 pm »

Well, I'm absolutely shocked to see certain members of the community up in arms about this  :lmao