Author Topic: Rafael Benitez  (Read 6351 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rafael Benitez
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2019, 10:10:32 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2019/jul/02/i-want-to-leave-a-legacy-benitez-joins-dalian-yifang-after-newcastle-exit-video

Here's the Wikipedia page for their current season, Dalian are currently in seventh - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Dalian_Yifang_F.C._season. They've won their last three league games, two of those under Rafa.

They're also being linked to Salomon Rondon.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2019, 01:39:26 pm »
To be honest, I'm not overly thrilled about him going to China either because it's about as far from a project you can get (same with Real Madrid) but it's his career and his choice. If he wants to cash out, he can do since he's put up with a lot of shit at Newcastle so I'll give him a bye on this one. He's probably also gone to get away from the English media, explore a new culture, etc. However, one thing he is not is sly.

In fact it's his honesty that's been his downfall, he could have kept his mouth shut and still been our manager.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2019, 01:40:43 pm »
In fact it's his honesty that's been his downfall, he could have kept his mouth shut and still been our manager.

We wouldn't exist as a club if Rafa had kept his mouth shut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2019, 01:42:02 pm »
We wouldn't exist as a club if Rafa had kept his mouth shut

True but I'm sure if he had been sly and kept quiet he would have been amply rewarded.

But he spoke out and the rest is history.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2019, 01:49:23 pm »
True but I'm sure if he had been sly and kept quiet he would have been amply rewarded.

But he is sly apparently?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2019, 01:52:22 pm »

Amply rewarded with what?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2019, 01:54:14 pm »
After that shit show at Newcastle I don't think anyone can give him any stick for going to China.  He's there for the money, but it is what it is.  Good luck to him.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2019, 02:05:25 pm »
Amply rewarded with what?

If he'd have kept quiet about what H&G were up to they wouldn't have sacked him .

But he went public and lost his job.

Someone who was sly wouldn't have gone public.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2019, 02:07:13 pm »
If he'd have kept quiet about what H&G were up to they wouldn't have sacked him .

But he went public and lost his job.

Someone who was sly wouldn't have gone public.

So he would be rewarded with keeping his job at a club that would probably have gone into administration. Sounds like an ample reward to me.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2019, 02:08:12 pm »
So he would be rewarded with keeping his job at a club that would probably have gone into administration. Sounds like an ample reward to me.

Relax and take a moment. He is sticking up for Rafa, not saying he shouldn't have spoken out!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2019, 02:09:04 pm »
Relax and take a moment. He is sticking up for Rafa, not saying he shouldn't have spoken out!

Ta. Saves me replying. :D

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2019, 02:11:03 pm »
Ta. Saves me replying. :D
I know i'm just confused what rewards he would have gotten. That's the part that makes no sense to me.

The were no rewards for staying quiet other than keeping a job which would have been lost a season or 2 later anyway.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2019, 02:17:38 pm »
I know i'm just confused what rewards he would have gotten. That's the part that makes no sense to me.

The were no rewards for staying quiet other than keeping a job which would have been lost a season or 2 later anyway.

But a sly man would have renegotiated a mega contract just to keep quiet and fuck the club going into administration. After all players contracts were renegotiated.

But for the record, I don't think Rafa is sly. No, not ever!!

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2019, 02:18:43 pm »
But a sly man would have renegotiated a mega contract just to keep quiet and fuck the club going into administration. After all players contracts were renegotiated.

But for the record, I don't think Rafa is sly. No, not ever!!

Couldn't find a picture of him being sly either...

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2019, 12:58:30 pm »
Looks like he has the signing on Salomon Rondon sealed for Dalian. He must love working with him. He was brilliant last season.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2019, 09:57:10 am »
http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/in/news/rafa-bentez-our-goal-create-legacy/3839

He's signed a contract for 2 1/2 years.

The club is backed by the Wanda Group, one of those big Chinese conglomerates that seems to specialize in entertainment:  Movie theater chains AMC in the US, Hoyt in Australia, Legendary Entertainment movie production, et al.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanda_Group

“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2019, 10:26:19 am »
Yeah, that's from a few weeks ago. So far they have two wins and one defeat with him as manager although the defeat was against a team 23 points ahead of them.

Offline potatomato33

• Combat Carl
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2019, 04:28:08 pm »
I'm looking at the list of managers in the Chinese Super League and a few names stuck out: Jordi Cruyff (yes, son of Johan), Fabio Cannavaro, and Luis Garcia (unfortunately, not ours). I'm surprised he went to Dalian of all places though, because it's a really shitty location.