The Liverpool FC Forum > Hillsborough Memorial Board

Rest In Peace David Church, father of Gary Church - funeral Tue Nov 14th

(1/7) > >>

24/7:
Some may have noted the sad passing this week of Dave Church, one of the principal founders of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign.

Dave was a staunch defender of all affected by the disaster. Indeed, upon hearing of Goldring's introduction of Q7 at the Inquests, he is quoted as having said,  "I fought for our Gary for 25 years. Now I'll fight for his mates."

A true gent and a proper supporter, we salute him.

The Echo has just published online a tribute, in which Dave's family offer thanks for all the support that they are receiving. The link is here:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/family-courageous-hillsborough-dad-thank-13889920

In the article, the Church family has issued an "all welcome" invitation to Dave's funeral.

His daughter Karen Staniford said:

“My dad’s funeral is on Tuesday 14th November at 2pm at Christ Church, Waterloo, following on to Thornton Garden for burial and the wake afterwards at the Star of the Sea club in Seaforth. People are welcome to attend, my dad often spoke about the people of Liverpool, the support they have given our family and other families over the years, and he will be forever grateful for that. Let’s raise a glass to him, he is at last happy with his boy and wife.”

David Church: He Climbed The Hill In His Own Way.

Medellin:
"A true gent and a proper supporter, we salute him."

RIP Dave.

YNWA.

rocco:
A true gent
We thank you
YNWA

El Lobo:
Rest in Peace Dave

YNWA

Lady_brandybuck:
Rest in peace now, Thanks for fighting the good fight. Your son is proud of you.
YNWA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version