Author Topic: Álisson Ramsés Becker  (Read 958969 times)

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alisson Ramses Becker
« Reply #2960 on: May 15, 2019, 12:45:02 am »
It really takes a world class strike, a goalkeeping error or an open goal to beat him. His positioning is world class.

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2961 on: May 15, 2019, 12:52:24 am »
That Burnley one was especially good. We were under real pressure at that stage in the game, he pulls that off, then his quick thinking sets up a counterattack and Shaqiri wraps the game up for us.

We absolutely mugged Roma.

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #2962 on: May 15, 2019, 12:58:25 am »
I heard he's half Dothraki.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2963 on: May 15, 2019, 09:04:44 am »
The best thing about that video is not that he - as the title says - makes many "insane" saves,  rather that he's so quick, good at reading the game and seems to always position himself right. Difficult shots look routine, many times he gets there before the shot is even taken. Of course, there's also been a few saves where you wonder just how he made it, but mostly he does the basics correct almost all the time.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2964 on: May 15, 2019, 09:25:17 am »
The best thing about that video is not that he - as the title says - makes many "insane" saves,  rather that he's so quick, good at reading the game and seems to always position himself right. Difficult shots look routine, many times he gets there before the shot is even taken. Of course, there's also been a few saves where you wonder just how he made it, but mostly he does the basics correct almost all the time.

Yeah, he doesn’t need to make so many acrobatic dives at full stretch (Hollywood saves) like certain other keepers. The irony being that some keepers are overrated because of their YouTube compilations of “spectacular” saves. Alisson doesn’t need to do that and he also catches a lot of shots that other keepers would parry back into play.

It’s similar to Van Dijk’s defending in that they both read the game so well and they’re efficient in their actions.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2965 on: May 15, 2019, 10:41:01 am »
It is annoying how so many commentators continue to repeat erroneous views that Ederson is the best goalkeeper in the league, when Alisson is better at him in virtually every single metric of goalkeeping except maybe short range passing. Ederson is an inferior goalkeeper to Alisson and that is why he is Alisson's understudy for Brazil.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2966 on: May 15, 2019, 10:42:29 am »

Even n the last match against Wolves, he had perfect form in the one on one situation where he was diving at the feet of the other side's player who was clean though on goal and he successfully blocked the low shot because of that.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2967 on: May 15, 2019, 12:17:37 pm »
It is annoying how so many commentators continue to repeat erroneous views that Ederson is the best goalkeeper in the league, when Alisson is better at him in virtually every single metric of goalkeeping except maybe short range passing. Ederson is an inferior goalkeeper to Alisson and that is why he is Alisson's understudy for Brazil.

Alisson is better in long passing (he plays more successful long passes) and their overall pass percentages in PL is Ederson - 82% & Alisson - 80%, the marginal difference could be due to the higher amount of longer passes that Alisson attempts on average. You could give short passing to Ederson, the weight on those passes from Ederson is better.

But beyond that, Alisson makes more number of saves, saves more percentage of shots, has better positioning and is simply the better shot-stopper. Both come off their line and command their area equally well.

Considering all that, Alisson is indeed the better keeper, but the failure of media to acknowledge that is kind of expected. Alisson did make a couple of mistakes early in the season (although they were just consolations to opposition from our view, none of them costs us and he saved us an entire CL campaign plus plenty of points in the League across the season). Ederson has been here longer, they are yet to warm up to Alisson in that manner. Ask Roma fans, Serie-A fans and Italian media and they'll straight away say that Alisson is better. That's how it goes. A couple more Golden Gloves in the next 2 years, and it will surely tip it in Alisson's favour with the English media.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2968 on: May 15, 2019, 12:45:22 pm »
Alisson is better in long passing (he plays more successful long passes) and their overall pass percentages in PL is Ederson - 82% & Alisson - 80%, the marginal difference could be due to the higher amount of longer passes that Alisson attempts on average. You could give short passing to Ederson, the weight on those passes from Ederson is better.

But beyond that, Alisson makes more number of saves, saves more percentage of shots, has better positioning and is simply the better shot-stopper. Both come off their line and command their area equally well.

Considering all that, Alisson is indeed the better keeper, but the failure of media to acknowledge that is kind of expected. Alisson did make a couple of mistakes early in the season (although they were just consolations to opposition from our view, none of them costs us and he saved us an entire CL campaign plus plenty of points in the League across the season). Ederson has been here longer, they are yet to warm up to Alisson in that manner. Ask Roma fans, Serie-A fans and Italian media and they'll straight away say that Alisson is better. That's how it goes. A couple more Golden Gloves in the next 2 years, and it will surely tip it in Alisson's favour with the English media.

Who cares about the English media or the shite TV pundits and commentators.. I think it's fair to say most of them talk out of their arse, including some of the ex Liverpool ones..

F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2969 on: May 15, 2019, 12:55:32 pm »
I bet that Barcelona game felt as good for him as any of us. Remarkable to get through to the final like that when a year ago he had probably one of the most painful nights of his career at Anfield. I come away very underwhelmed with him that night, given we were already linked to him in the press, but to keep 26 clean sheets in all competitions so far is incredible. When was the last time we conceded so few goals in the league? I imagine it's before the premier league era.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2970 on: May 15, 2019, 01:52:52 pm »
Who cares about the English media or the shite TV pundits and commentators.. I think it's fair to say most of them talk out of their arse, including some of the ex Liverpool ones..

Well, I don't bother about the English media much as well, and it's obvious that it's not a post for those who don't.

See the post quoted in mine and you'll know that my post is for those who are indeed bothered by the strange opinions in English media. Of course, everyone is not fully immune to their opinions, even those who don't let it bother them. If we're all so immune, we'd never be talking about any narrative that is spoken/written about us in the country. And make no mistake, there's plenty of those narratives always on show, and a large majority of them are totally off the mark.

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #2971 on: May 15, 2019, 06:05:18 pm »
It's mad because I really wasn't sold on him after we put 4 past him and Roma in that game.

He is worth at least £120m - £140m now.
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2972 on: May 15, 2019, 06:11:38 pm »
It's mad because I really wasn't sold on him after we put 4 past him and Roma in that game.

wasn’t a fan of VVD when we scored 6 in the league cup against Southampton Origi was amazing that day.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2973 on: May 15, 2019, 07:45:16 pm »

In the second leg he pulled off some fantastic saves, without him it would have been far worse for Roma.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2974 on: May 15, 2019, 07:47:54 pm »
Don't think that compilation included the save at Old Trafford, which was outstanding!

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/-Q5bKEEQRps" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/-Q5bKEEQRps</a>
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #2975 on: May 15, 2019, 08:47:27 pm »
The closest similarity between him and Virg (apart from the price tag and physical size) is the composure and calmness they both have. The crowd can sometimes hurry Alisson but both him and us will start trusting a bit more with time and just let him do his thing. Both him and Virg read the game so well that they are so often there in the right place before the chance can even happen. Its incredible, especially for a goalkeeper to be so collected, given he may go through most of the minutes in most games without seeing much of the ball in his half, let alone the box, and that's where his value lies. There's hardly any goalkeepers who are as composed with excellent shot-stopping. The travesty in all teams of the season isn't the non-inclusion of Salah, but Ederson being picked over him. He's been the best goalkeeper this season in the league.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2976 on: May 16, 2019, 09:54:44 pm »
wasn’t a fan of VVD when we scored 6 in the league cup against Southampton Origi was amazing that day.

VVD is now playing with and against top players in training every day. I’m sure that has helped become even better. That stat about him not being dribbled past for us is astounding considering the players he’s faced in that time.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2977 on: May 17, 2019, 11:11:23 am »
@Alissonbecker
Not satisfy, but very proud of my teammates for this great PL season! 97 points and many awards! Now looking forward for the UCL Final! #AB1 #YNWA #WeAreLiverpool #GoldenGlove

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2978 on: May 17, 2019, 11:57:55 am »

Which is why you should never assess a player on 1/2 random games of them you watch.

Which is why teams take months and even years to properly scout a player, if they do snap judgments, there would be no purpose of buying players.

I can watch weak games of Messi, Cristiano, Neymar, Cavani, Salah, Sterling, Griezmann, insert any name here in current or history of football and then say what's the big deal with that player? But it doesn't work that way, that's why football analysts/historians assess a career over years considering peak skill, consistency, longevity etc. and then come to a conclusion. If anyone watched Gerrard in that Chelsea game for the 1st time, imagine what they'd think of him.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2979 on: May 17, 2019, 12:00:19 pm »
VVD is now playing with and against top players in training every day. I’m sure that has helped become even better. That stat about him not being dribbled past for us is astounding considering the players he’s faced in that time.

VVD was a monster at Southampton, maybe even Celtic itself. As I said in my previous post, you should NEVER assess any player on the basis of one/two games. It defeats the purpose of scouting.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #2980 on: May 17, 2019, 12:26:49 pm »
i feel like Allison grew this year and will be even better in the future. People forget that prior to Roma in the cl last year he hasn't really had that much time or experience at the very top table, and i felt that in some games in the final third of the season he had some nerves at times. sometimes his kicking and catching were off just that little bit, not usually in the very big games but in the "trudge" of the regular season but then still very hi-pressure need to win. Dont get me wrong hes a fabulous goalie and he was great all year, but i do feel that going through that crazy run to the wire and the superb CL showing is going to really do him well in the future in terms of being a rock steady, consistent top top player. He's had the experience now, he performed successfully regardless of any real or imagined nerves, and now hes ready to kick on to an even higher level next year.

Winning the Champions League isnt gonna hurt his confidence any either.  ;D
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2981 on: May 17, 2019, 03:28:03 pm »
Indeed - a big reason I think we will win the CL this time through.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2982 on: May 21, 2019, 07:21:02 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hYCY8_fjDxg&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hYCY8_fjDxg&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2983 on: May 23, 2019, 08:30:09 am »
How laughable that Seaman thought that De Gea and Ederson were better than Alisson this season. He crushes both of them on stats and on actual performance...definitely a strong contender for the best goalkeeper in the world on current form.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2984 on: May 30, 2019, 05:23:53 pm »
How is he in a penalty shoot out? Any past record?

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2985 on: May 30, 2019, 06:26:32 pm »

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #2986 on: May 30, 2019, 06:35:37 pm »
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alisson/elfmeterstatistik/spieler/105470

He's faced 15, 10 of them have been scored
That's ⅓ of all penalties he's faced haven't gone in. That's a pretty good record.

Is there a stat for how many were saved compared to missed? I see the only one for Liverpool is the Mahrez one that's still up in the air to this day.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2987 on: May 30, 2019, 06:53:12 pm »
That's ⅓ of all penalties he's faced haven't gone in. That's a pretty good record.

Is there a stat for how many were saved compared to missed? I see the only one for Liverpool is the Mahrez one that's still up in the air to this day.

I googled, and immediately a save off Lucas Barrios came up, and that isn't in the records above, so they're incomplete. Don't think you'd find a stat for saved vs missed unless you went through and watched them all. The numbers are too small to make any kind of conclusion anyway.

But he's 6'3/6'4, broad, very fast to ground, rapid reflexes and massive, strong hands, I'd back him in a shootout over most keepers.

Offline testies

• Main Stander
« Reply #2988 on: June 1, 2019, 10:07:37 pm »
thanks

Offline Occy

• Anny Roader
  • Loves to Lurk.
« Reply #2989 on: June 1, 2019, 10:08:15 pm »
thank you Allison.

Man of the match

Offline Mini Soda Scousephile

• Give us a snog, now.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • At the end of the storm there's a golden sky
« Reply #2990 on: June 1, 2019, 10:09:26 pm »
Man of the Season.
Alisson brought an entirely different feel to our club. Amazing  :scarf

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2991 on: June 1, 2019, 10:10:27 pm »
Given Neuer's decline there's no one near him on this earth.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2992 on: June 1, 2019, 10:12:17 pm »
What a night from him,Alisson is a big man but looks a giant between the sticks  :wellin

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2993 on: June 1, 2019, 10:17:19 pm »

Fantastic performance, big saves in big moments

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2994 on: June 1, 2019, 10:17:30 pm »
We paid too little for him!!

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2995 on: June 1, 2019, 10:21:24 pm »
Love you Al, my favourite player  :champ

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #2996 on: June 1, 2019, 10:22:30 pm »
Achterbecker! ;D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #2997 on: June 1, 2019, 10:22:41 pm »
Without him we don't win tonight
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #2998 on: June 1, 2019, 10:22:51 pm »
WELCOME TO LIVERPOOL ALISSON RAMSES FUCKING BECKER
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Carras Left Foot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2999 on: June 1, 2019, 10:22:51 pm »
Absolute fucking colossus