Author Topic: Most Overrated Footballers?  (Read 66102 times)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Most Overrated Footballers?
« Reply #1040 on: December 24, 2023, 12:33:50 pm »
We can basically put almost whole Utd and Chelsea team in there

Was reading the Guardian's 100 great footballers in the world and saw Fernandes, Rashford and Onana in there. Lovely.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1041 on: December 24, 2023, 12:57:20 pm »
No way. He's a top top player.
very good player but overrated? yes. people keep comparing him to Salah ffs as if it is a normal comparison.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1042 on: December 25, 2023, 11:24:31 am »
Nkunku might be the next Drogba, but they're talking about him like he's the next Drogba.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1043 on: December 25, 2023, 04:43:31 pm »
very good player but overrated? yes. people keep comparing him to Salah ffs as if it is a normal comparison.

If he’s being compared to Salah he’s overrated, but at 22 if he was to come here he would probably be the 2nd best attacker we have, at 22 also, fantastic player but yes I know that doesn’t stop him from being overrated just like Declan Rice.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: December 25, 2023, 04:55:26 pm »
Ethan Mbappe.

Putting it out there seeing as he just made his debut 4 days before his 17th birthday.

PSG banter club, we know who made that debut happen.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #1045 on: December 25, 2023, 05:20:07 pm »
Might be controversial, but Declan Rice. He's being overly praised for doing things most average DM's should do. Arsenal are 7 points worse off than this stage last season & West Ham have double the amount of points they had at this stage last season. We're at the halfway point in the season & the team he's left has dramatically improved and the team he's joined has slightly regressed. He's done well for Arsenal up to this point & he might go on to be pivotal to Arsenal winning the league, but his general performance is being overhyped. You could argue that Thomas Partey was playing better at this stage last season and had a bigger influence on the team's performances. Remember, Rice is a £100m player that cost more than what Jude Bellingham did.

He probably is overrated but correlation does not equal causation
Believer

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1046 on: December 26, 2023, 10:21:35 am »
Pretty sure yesterday was Rice first booking which is remarkable as a DM halfway into a premier league season.
I think this is more down to refs being lenient as he is one of Southgate's favourites. I also feel he may soon be England's vice captain when Henderson retires and then captain when Kane retires.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: December 26, 2023, 10:30:41 am »
Gabriel Jesus. Regular premier league player. Doesn't excel at anything. Can see why cheats got rid.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1048 on: December 26, 2023, 04:16:36 pm »
Wes Foderingham.

He's paid to play football, that's overrating him in my book.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: December 27, 2023, 11:56:34 am »
Wes Foderingham.

He's paid to play football, that's overrating him in my book.

A bit harsh, he's a championship level keeper and I don't think I've ever heard anyone call him anything above that
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #1050 on: December 27, 2023, 01:19:52 pm »
Just Beckham.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1051 on: December 27, 2023, 01:41:16 pm »
I think this is more down to refs being lenient as he is one of Southgate's favourites. I also feel he may soon be England's vice captain when Henderson retires and then captain when Kane retires.

Trevor Brookings successor
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: December 27, 2023, 03:03:03 pm »
Evan Ferguson

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1053 on: December 27, 2023, 03:15:49 pm »

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: December 27, 2023, 08:29:27 pm »
Jordan Pickford. Yes, we all know he's shite, but comms and the media talk about his shot stopping and distribution as being top quality when he's actually shit at both
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #1055 on: December 27, 2023, 08:45:49 pm »
Michael Owen take away his pace and he was very average

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1056 on: December 27, 2023, 09:19:38 pm »
The most obvious overrated footballers play for Manchester United. The hype is always loudest around that club. Beckham is the prize exhibit. But they've had loads over the years. Roy Keane and Bryan Robson were overrated. So was Giggs. Then you get Manchester United footballers who were really ordinary but who still managed to accumulate England caps because of the hype - the two Nevilles, Cleverly, Butt, Wes Brown, Phil Jones, Kieran Richardson, Lingard, Lee Sharpe, Owen Hargreaves, Ashley Young, Smalling, Mike Duxbury, David Sadler. Bang average footballers, all.

I'd add Harry Maguire, but he's not overrated since nobody except Southgate and his mum rate him.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: December 28, 2023, 10:15:57 pm »
Gabriel Jesus. Regular premier league player. Doesn't excel at anything. Can see why cheats got rid.
Nailed it. A Brazilian international and regular. Astonishing.

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: December 28, 2023, 10:49:00 pm »
Deccers