Poll

What are your plans for the 21/22 season?

Return to 100% games like normal
98 (45%)
Return to 100% games like normal (with mask)
39 (17.9%)
Return to less games than usual
7 (3.2%)
Return to less games than usual (with mask)
13 (6%)
Home only games (no aways)
17 (7.8%)
Undecided - wait and see
18 (8.3%)
Taking the season out
7 (3.2%)
I don't go to the match but like voting in polls
10 (4.6%)
Swerving the pub pre/post-match
9 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: 21/22: return to full capacity - your plans?  (Read 15816 times)

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
Re: 21/22: return to full capacity - your plans?
« Reply #160 on: September 7, 2021, 07:10:27 pm »
Personally think there's no chance of it being enforced if it's spot checks

But no choice if it becomes mandatory 

I only see that happening if DCMS start checking the checkers. I think that’s unlikely with what I’m hearing about checks at Passport Control etc for things over than passports.

yeah spot checks on turnstiles are not the answer to this, online verification has to be the way, imagine in person checks at Anfield given the ticket situation?

In the current predicament that would cause carnage at Anfield.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2021, 07:12:48 pm by Alf »

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: September 7, 2021, 07:27:00 pm »
They'd need to do it in advance and it'd be uploaded online against the card. If it wasn't uploaded / proof of exemption provided then the ticket would be invalid.

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: September 7, 2021, 08:10:00 pm »
They'd need to do it in advance and it'd be uploaded online against the card. If it wasn't uploaded / proof of exemption provided then the ticket would be invalid.

this sounds simple, but there's a lot of logistics to setting that up and a huge risk on the club's part in terms of data privacy, unless somehow they're going to let us enter our NHS numbers and it automates a system, which in normal times would be pretty excessive.

also, how do you even do that for away fans?

just not enough time to do it that way if they want 1 October, unless there's been several months of behind the scenes implementation with the government.

smells like a multi-million pound tory contract  :butt ;D
« Last Edit: September 7, 2021, 08:13:07 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: September 9, 2021, 12:43:09 pm »
this sounds simple, but there's a lot of logistics to setting that up and a huge risk on the club's part in terms of data privacy, unless somehow they're going to let us enter our NHS numbers and it automates a system, which in normal times would be pretty excessive.

also, how do you even do that for away fans?

just not enough time to do it that way if they want 1 October, unless there's been several months of behind the scenes implementation with the government.

smells like a multi-million pound tory contract  :butt ;D

you have to prove you are disabled by uploading certain documents - imagin its the same for juniors OAPs and L postcode- shouldnt be that hard
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: September 9, 2021, 12:48:00 pm »

you have to prove you are disabled by uploading certain documents - imagin its the same for juniors OAPs and L postcode- shouldnt be that hard

i have no idea on how many 'one off' visitors we get but you'd imagine it'd be at least 80,000 people that need to be verified. the ticket office can't do that in the next couple weeks.
YNWA.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: September 9, 2021, 12:49:47 pm »
i have no idea on how many 'one off' visitors we get but you'd imagine it'd be at least 80,000 people that need to be verified. the ticket office can't do that in the next couple weeks.

but they only need to do it when a new unverified  person buys a ticket
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #166 on: October 24, 2021, 01:29:48 pm »
I didn't know where to post this and I couldn't create a new topic so I'll just post this here.

I want to go to the Liverpool v Arsenal game on November 18th. But I'm hesitating to buy a ticket because I'm afraid around that time England will go into lockdown again.

What do u guys advise? 

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2021, 01:41:19 pm »
I didn't know where to post this and I couldn't create a new topic so I'll just post this here.

I want to go to the Liverpool v Arsenal game on November 18th. But I'm hesitating to buy a ticket because I'm afraid around that time England will go into lockdown again.

What do u guys advise?
If you want to go and are actually able to get a ticket from the club then get one. The club will refund if you’re not allowed to go
YNWA

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #168 on: October 24, 2021, 02:32:11 pm »

What do u guys advise?

Arsenal game is on the 20th mate. 5.30pm kick off.
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.