Author Topic: Pre-Season Thread  (Read 433837 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pre-Season Thread
« Reply #4400 on: August 7, 2022, 04:13:21 pm »
I have zero knowledge of course but wonder if we did something different to account for the world cup? To be fair Konate and Ox were impact injuries?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4401 on: August 7, 2022, 04:14:49 pm »
I have zero knowledge of course but wonder if we did something different to account for the world cup?

Make sure as many of our players as possible were injured so they wouldn't be called up?

Genius.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4402 on: August 7, 2022, 04:17:34 pm »
Behind doors friendly with Villa cancelled today, on account of our long list of injuries. Bad news for a few of the players on the periphery who haven't been able to get match practice in (eg Tsimikas).

Rightly, noone's arsed about performance during pre-season - all that matters is getting people fit and ready for the season ahead (after the unprecentedly gruelling and compressed season just gone).

Early signs, given the current long injury list (and other injuries that kept some out during it, like Allison and Tsimikas), are that it's not gone well.

No doubt most of it will be down to simple fortune, but as I said in the injuries thread you can be sure our experts will be investigating if there was anything they could have done to better reduce the chances of these injuries.

Can't remember much of our other pre-seasons under Klopp - is this the worst we've had in terms of experiencing injury disruption during it, as well as the long list of players out in the first week of the season?

I agree with the club on most things but not for one minute could I understand their decision to go on a tour to the Far East, in a reduced pre-season. Especially with the season kicking off earlier and knowing that would affect our preparation time with us coming back later. That decision seems absolute madness.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4403 on: August 7, 2022, 04:20:02 pm »
Really don’t see the issue, the injuries are either to pretty injury prone players (Ox, Thiago, seemingly Jones) or just impact ones. Doesn’t particularly scream that we’ve had some nightmare pre-season because we went to Asia.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4404 on: August 7, 2022, 04:22:32 pm »
Really don’t see the issue, the injuries are either to pretty injury prone players (Ox, Thiago, seemingly Jones) or just impact ones. Doesn’t particularly scream that we’ve had some nightmare pre-season because we went to Asia.

I'm not talking about injuries, but Klopp has said he hasn't had enough time working with the team the other week he claimed they weren't ready. That's why surely it could have waited for a more normal year than one starting earlier?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #4405 on: September 9, 2022, 12:07:53 pm »
So with this weekend’s matches off and likely next weekend’s matches too, we effectively have another pre-season up until players go away on international duty.

I imagine the Ajax game still goes ahead on Tuesday. But then no games until 1st October.

Good chance for us to get some players back from injury.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4406 on: September 9, 2022, 12:12:09 pm »
Good chance for us to get some players back from injury.
Not if we call it a preseason ;D

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4408 on: April 7, 2023, 01:49:31 am »
Singapore again?

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/football/liverpool-set-to-headline-european-football-clubs-pre-season-tour-to-singapore
;D Got to laugh really - 'history repeats itself first as 'tragedy, then as farce'

No point getting worked up this time. Good to get an early heads up that the club aren't keen on learning lessons from this disaster of a season.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2023, 01:52:55 am by classycarra »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4409 on: April 7, 2023, 02:41:02 am »
Actually the rumour is Kloppo will work them hard in our European camp for two weeks (Austria again) before we head on to Singapore.

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #4410 on: April 7, 2023, 04:22:30 am »
Good revenue stream …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4411 on: April 7, 2023, 05:06:31 am »
2 season in a row they are coming to my country and sadly I wont be able to afford the match tickets again. Tickets usually are around $200 Singapore dollars (around 120 GBP) at the cheapest.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4412 on: April 7, 2023, 05:28:11 am »
I went to a pre season game in Australia several years ago. One of the most boring nights of my life. You're not missing anything, especially at that price.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #4413 on: April 7, 2023, 05:33:13 am »
Going to the other side of the world for preseason is stupid. This should be about bedding in new players and fitness and not glorified exhibition matches.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4414 on: April 7, 2023, 07:36:16 am »
Yeah sorry fuck the tours. Staff and players clearly don’t enjoy it, and it’s evidently screwing up our pre-season.

No more games against the likes of United and Arsenal too please.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4415 on: April 7, 2023, 07:38:40 am »
I think the issue was that the club last summer went to a couple of different places before they went back to europe and its that element of it which Klopp wasnt a fan of. This time we are only doing one base outside Europe.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #4416 on: April 7, 2023, 07:45:38 am »
If there was one year to stay closer to home and concentrate on patterns of play and indoctrinating new players it's this one.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4417 on: April 25, 2023, 11:30:59 pm »
https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1650977139225686017

Jurgen Klopp has revealed that Liverpool will have a training camp in Germany in July as they gear up for the 2023-24 season. Klopp will give each member of his squad at least three weeks off with pre-season training scheduled to start at Kirkby on July 8 with Liverpool’s international contingent reporting back three days later.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4418 on: April 25, 2023, 11:31:48 pm »
Liverpool will then head to Singapore in late July to play a couple of games, one of which will be against Bayern Munich. [@DominicKing_DM]

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4419 on: April 25, 2023, 11:56:41 pm »
Can't wait! I presume we are getting like 3-5m or something wild to make this remotely worth it.

Offline Matze_LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We go again!
« Reply #4420 on: April 26, 2023, 06:40:12 am »
https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1650977139225686017

There was a article in a Karlsruhe newspaper that Karlsruhe SC are planning to have a friendly against Liverpool in July to officially open their newly developped stadium.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4421 on: April 26, 2023, 04:25:56 pm »
Is there AFCON or any other international tournaments this summer?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #4422 on: April 26, 2023, 04:41:28 pm »

No, there are the UEFA Nations League finals (I think of our players only Van Dijk will be involved) and some qualifiers/friendlies, but it should all be done by mid-June.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4423 on: April 26, 2023, 04:41:40 pm »

Euro U21's. Elliot, Jones should get picked, not sure about anyone else?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4424 on: April 26, 2023, 04:49:11 pm »
No, there are the UEFA Nations League finals (I think of our players only Van Dijk will be involved) and some qualifiers/friendlies, but it should all be done by mid-June.

Euro U21's. Elliot, Jones should get picked, not sure about anyone else?

:thumbup
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4425 on: May 7, 2023, 06:44:02 pm »
Wouldn't the club normally have confirmed a couple of friendlies by now? Don't think we've had anything official from the club.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4426 on: May 7, 2023, 06:48:31 pm »
The season hasn't even finished mate. Way too early.   ;D

Although we're rumoured to be playing Bayern Munich in Singapore.  ;D

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4427 on: May 16, 2023, 06:58:55 am »

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #4428 on: May 16, 2023, 07:28:42 am »
Why are we playing a championship side pre season. We should’ve swerved that game

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4429 on: May 16, 2023, 11:12:55 am »
Woo! Going to raise £10 million ripping off our Asian supporters!

After possibly missing out on the CL by single figure points, you'd have thought our owners might have considered trying to support the football side of the business with a better opportunity - but we know they only get out of bed for the commercial matters, and aren't fussed over the sporting competition part

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4430 on: May 16, 2023, 11:23:51 am »
Leicester  ::) Hope their Far East fans are more pleasant than the local ones.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4431 on: May 16, 2023, 12:38:00 pm »

We should bin that match. 2nd division team and a bunch of shit arse local supporters.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4432 on: May 16, 2023, 01:43:39 pm »
Why are we playing a championship side pre season. We should’ve swerved that game
it's a tarted-up practice match.  who cares?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4433 on: May 16, 2023, 01:51:28 pm »
Look forward to the Singaporean Leicester City fans singing their national anthem at us ;D

I get the worries about the effect on our players' preseason and so on. But it'll be good for the loyal fans over there - those who can afford the tickets, anyway, as I hear they're pretty pricey!

Liverbirds versus Foxes in the Lion City. Could be a beast of a game
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4434 on: May 16, 2023, 02:00:51 pm »
I would rather play the Singapore national team than fuckin' Leicester City.

The Bayern game has been rumoured for a while now. Not a surprise.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4435 on: May 16, 2023, 04:08:18 pm »
We're going to a place called Donaueschingen in Germany for the 10 days training camp before we head off to Singapore.  Apparently it's the place Kloppo used to take his Dortmund teams usually for camps.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4436 on: May 16, 2023, 04:10:55 pm »
Just Googled it, it looks lovely (not that they will be sight seeing much!)

I guess we won't have any Anfield games with the new stand being finished off?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4437 on: May 16, 2023, 04:14:03 pm »
The new stand will need to get safety certificates etc, so I'm sure there might be a Women's game or open training sessions as test events.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4438 on: May 16, 2023, 06:33:36 pm »
We're going to a place called Donaueschingen in Germany for the 10 days training camp before we head off to Singapore.  Apparently it's the place Kloppo used to take his Dortmund teams usually for camps.

Donaue schingen, darling, Donaue schingen
Thank you for all the joy and pain

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4439 on: May 19, 2023, 02:22:39 pm »
We will play 2 German teams during the 2 week training camp in Degsyland or whatever it's called.