Author Topic: Injury news only thread. *  (Read 1922755 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Current injury updates? not a transfer speculation thread
« Reply #11040 on: January 15, 2019, 06:00:15 pm »
https://lfcglobe.co.uk/joe-gomez-hands-liverpool-major-boost-with-early-return-from-injury/

Gomez back in training next week.

original source is Maddock, not sure how reliable he is with us.

No other journalists reporting this.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11041 on: January 15, 2019, 07:38:43 pm »
The Gomez one is a worry

He did it on December 5th so Feb is basically 2 months

Welshred explained how it could only ever have been two months on the injury thread so no worries. The 6 weeks statement from the club was strange.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #11042 on: January 15, 2019, 07:43:29 pm »
Klavan is a big miss.

Totally agree. So is Lallana.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #11043 on: January 15, 2019, 08:00:06 pm »
We have to get past the palace game.

After than Gomez should be back.

No need to worry
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11046 on: January 15, 2019, 09:18:10 pm »
WHAT?

Ffs Another one gone.

To be fair actually, we’ve just signed Abel Xavier
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11047 on: January 15, 2019, 09:25:00 pm »
To be fair actually, we’ve just signed Abel Xavier
Even worse.
W

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #11048 on: January 15, 2019, 09:41:13 pm »
C'mon guys, Klopp said it, there are so many horses in England. Can't anyone find a horse placenta and call Mira?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #11049 on: January 16, 2019, 08:10:29 am »
Klavan is a big miss.
Nothing wrong with that. This is 2019 you know ;)

Seriously, it might be frustrating that some players have chosen to move on but it does them credit that they wanted to proceed their careers by playing regularly, when they could so easily have sat around on the bench
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 08:12:24 am by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline zsygab

• Main Stander
    • zsygab – Personal Web Page of Zsigmund Gabor
« Reply #11050 on: January 16, 2019, 08:51:00 am »
It's like our defenders would be playing in the Final Destination... You don't know who will be the next, but for sure it's coming... As long as the dutch giant is on his feet, we should be able to manage, as he's raising the game of his partners. Fingers crossed he wasn't on the plane...
"no player is bigger than the club"

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #11051 on: January 16, 2019, 04:54:20 pm »
I disagree with loaning out Clyne and not having a 5th central defender cos the whole point of having a good squad is to rest the likes of Milner, Fabinho or Wijnaldum, not playing them out of position at the back when we get inevitable injuries. You can say the model is going to work fine, yes but at the cost of throwing away the FA Cup again. It seems every January Klopp is happy to let go of fringe players. Why not keep them and have a real go at the FA Cup? Clyne was sold before the game.

Now if Klopp rated Ki Jana and Camacho enough that'd be a different story but I believe he would rather play the others out of position than rest them.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 04:56:07 pm by SteveZissou »
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #11052 on: January 16, 2019, 05:29:20 pm »
For the rest of my time on earth I’ll never understand the Clyne decision. From either side

Insanity

Clyne is a solid but average fullback, truth be told. He offers very little going forward, which is a huge issue for a fullback playing under Klopp. Given his superior attacking attributes, I'd argue Milner is the better pick anyway. I'll concede Clyne is possibly the better pure defender. In addition to that you get Mliner's experience and influence on the field, which Klopp has alluded too.

That said, what do we actually gain by loaning him out? The financials can't be that attractive? Possibility that he has a good 1/2 season and we get a better price in the summer?
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11053 on: January 16, 2019, 06:09:59 pm »
Clyne is a solid but average fullback, truth be told. He offers very little going forward, which is a huge issue for a fullback playing under Klopp. Given his superior attacking attributes, I'd argue Milner is the better pick anyway. I'll concede Clyne is possibly the better pure defender. In addition to that you get Mliner's experience and influence on the field, which Klopp has alluded too.

That said, what do we actually gain by loaning him out? The financials can't be that attractive? Possibility that he has a good 1/2 season and we get a better price in the summer?

Id imagine its a twofold reason, firstly we keep the player and the squad harmony happy, secondly we put Clyne in the shop window for Edwards to weave his magic in the summer.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #11054 on: January 16, 2019, 11:26:35 pm »

I agree with the 2nd paragraph but with regards the first....if you think Clyne was let go cause he offers nothing going forward will then why does Klopp like to play Gomez there who offers even less offensively?
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #11055 on: January 16, 2019, 11:56:46 pm »
Clyne to me looked like he had been practicing at a much higher level than Bournemouth was playing. Hes quite good. However, it appears to me that Klopp has planned to keep Milner on or near the pitch for the veteran leadership he offers, as well as the solid play and toughness levels and ribenna fueled running levels. Klopp likes to get best use out of people while he has them look at Can look at Stewart if you like. And obviously hes just come flat out and said it, to Pearce i think but someone anyway.

So i think he almost welcomes the injury's, not welcome them obviously but recognize them as an element in the Dance, for me hes planned since pre season that Milner will get those minutes here, there and everywhere so after Fab and Naby fully integrate in the second half of the year and acquire more minutes, Milner will still be at the races.

That means Clyne out. Sorry Clynie. But theres no mistake here, and no problem. Although to be honest, i didnt like Milner at right back enormously thought he did much better when moved up higher later on. But he can sure play a couple of games there without hurting our chances.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #11056 on: January 17, 2019, 12:31:02 am »
I agree with the 2nd paragraph but with regards the first....if you think Clyne was let go cause he offers nothing going forward will then why does Klopp like to play Gomez there who offers even less offensively?

He plays him there when he's looking for more solidity in the role, because he's a better footballer and defender than Clyne.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11057 on: January 17, 2019, 06:46:18 am »
Klopp and his staff are highly successful and experienced football professionals. They don’t have to publicly justify every decision that they make and I have no doubt that they always have the greater good of the team and club foremost in their thoughts.
Klopp has earned my trust and I am absolutely certain that there is a good reason why they let Clyne go. I don’t have to know what it is

Offline marios_moustache

• Kopite
« Reply #11058 on: January 17, 2019, 11:02:23 am »
For the rest of my time on earth I’ll never understand the Clyne decision. From either side

Insanity

I was saying something similar to a mate when the Clyne moved happened.

It made no sense for it to happen at that time. If he was unhappy (not that I know of) we should have agreed to loan him out but at the end of Jan at least Gomez would have been back then.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #11059 on: January 17, 2019, 11:18:06 am »

Insanity

Looking from his perspective, I just can't see why you would want to leave at the stage of the season - this may be his one and only chance to fight for a title. Yes, I accept that the opportunities are not there to play regularly but most of this has been of his own unavailability - others have come in and taken his place, it's not like we bought big to replace him.

Obviously that is not sustainable and most players (of his calibre) would look to move on but surely you would do that at the end of the season. The loan deal (and it's been talked about for months) shows he just wants to get out no matter what. Like I said a few weeks ago, if a player isn't bothered about the monumental prize that we are trying to achieve and doesn't even want to win it for himself then how can we trust him when the big moments come (as they will do)? The desire and focus to win will trump pure talent in the coming months.

Klopp is right to move him on in this situation and forget about him. Coutinho was the same, it left us short but there's no guarantee of performances from a player beyond a certain point.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 11:20:25 am by Mighty_Red »
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11060 on: January 17, 2019, 11:55:17 am »
Clyne asked for a move and Klopp obliged. Klopp mentioned how he has a duty of care for the lads and also some of the younger players coming through will most likely step up as they are impressing. Fair enough in the end, would have liked Clyne to stay but he wants to play and is too good to sit on the bench.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11061 on: January 17, 2019, 11:58:14 am »
Is there any way we can knock the Clyne whinging on the head, at least for this thread? Pretty annoying to see five pages of ‘injury updates’ getting rinsed off full of ‘why did we loan Clyne  :no

Offline solidgold

• Main Stander
« Reply #11062 on: January 17, 2019, 02:33:42 pm »
Will Clyne get a winners medal if he is Loan out? This is hell of a time to be at LFC. I am sure many will want to stick around and help the team to achieve history and also a rare medal to be Super proud of.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11063 on: January 17, 2019, 02:55:45 pm »
Is there any way we can knock the Clyne whinging on the head, at least for this thread? Pretty annoying to see five pages of ‘injury updates’ getting rinsed off full of ‘why did we loan Clyne  :no

They'll only find something else to start bitching about. I mean if you can't get behind Klopp and trust the decisions he's making at such a pivotal time then when can you?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11064 on: January 17, 2019, 03:52:22 pm »
They'll only find something else to start bitching about. I mean if you can't get behind Klopp and trust the decisions he's making at such a pivotal time then when can you?

NEVER! I think it's only right to question Klopp and FSG (who clearly are trying to pocket a loan fee for Clyne)......oh sorry was channeling Al555

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11065 on: January 17, 2019, 04:10:10 pm »
OK, that's enough about Clyne. The title of the thread is pretty clear. Current injury updates, not transfer speculation / discussion.

Ta.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11066 on: January 17, 2019, 04:20:04 pm »
NEVER! I think it's only right to question Klopp and FSG (who clearly are trying to pocket a loan fee for Clyne)......oh sorry was channeling Al555

& Lovren  ;)

Who's injured by the way. That's my contribution to the topic  ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11067 on: January 17, 2019, 06:04:40 pm »
Ox back late Feb or early March.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #11068 on: January 17, 2019, 06:15:38 pm »

fucking great news that.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11069 on: January 17, 2019, 06:19:10 pm »
So made up about the progress Alex has made so far, let's hope the good news continues for him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11070 on: January 17, 2019, 06:26:25 pm »

That's fantastic news!  :)

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11071 on: January 17, 2019, 06:34:51 pm »
Great news. Just waiting for someone to say he wont be the same player after the injury now.....

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #11072 on: January 17, 2019, 06:39:56 pm »
Great news. Just waiting for someone to say he wont be the same player after the injury now.....

...he won't be the same player after the injury now...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11073 on: January 17, 2019, 06:45:48 pm »
...he won't be the same player after the injury now...

This is so old  ::)

‘We shouldn’t get our hopes up, it’s likely he’ll never be the same player again’

is much more with it

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #11074 on: January 17, 2019, 07:10:02 pm »
The lad is going to help us get over the line right at the end of the season, you just know it.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11075 on: January 17, 2019, 07:16:19 pm »
Great news.

Can't wait to see him back.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11076 on: January 17, 2019, 07:49:46 pm »

I find that hard to believe.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11077 on: January 17, 2019, 08:00:17 pm »

Where’s this come from?

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11078 on: January 17, 2019, 08:00:51 pm »
I find that hard to believe.

The guy’s a model pro and has clearly put in the work. Let’s hope it’s true. I’m sure nobody at Liverpool will be rushing him back early against medical advice

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11079 on: January 17, 2019, 08:14:42 pm »
The trouble ox has is that his strength was his explosive pace and power and we've certainly missed that a bit this year. Especially in the away games against the big teams. We saw how good he was last year in important games.

I just don't think he will be same player. I really hope I'm wrong. Next year I think we should ease him back into it.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker