Author Topic: Loan Watch 2018-2019  (Read 181430 times)

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Loan Watch 2018-2019
« Reply #240 on: October 4, 2018, 05:38:07 pm »
If you dont have an immediate impact when on loan you're likely going to get dropped. The club doesnt really gain much by developing a player.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: October 4, 2018, 08:10:33 pm »
He has at least still made the Wales squad announced today for their upcoming games, along with Wilson

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #242 on: October 4, 2018, 08:49:09 pm »
Stevie's celebration for the Rangers goal just now  ;D. Klopp written all over it.

Oh, and Ejaria is playing.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: October 4, 2018, 09:17:26 pm »
Karius not doing very well, now even Beşiktaş fans are pretty pissed

https://twitter.com/MKezman9/status/1047942870123069440

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: October 4, 2018, 09:42:32 pm »

He isnt a good keeper at all.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: October 4, 2018, 09:43:36 pm »
Stevie's celebration for the Rangers goal just now  ;D. Klopp written all over it.

Oh, and Ejaria is playing.
Ejaria and Kent. Ejaria has been kicking ass and taking names all game. Great performance.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #246 on: October 4, 2018, 10:01:23 pm »
Ejaria and Kent. Ejaria has been kicking ass and taking names all game. Great performance.
Yeah Ovie could have had a goal from a header then got the assist for the penalty! Good game all round 3-1 to Rangers in the end. Stevie's doing well in Europe

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: October 4, 2018, 10:06:58 pm »
Ovie’s bit of play for the pen was beautiful. Kent played well too.

Hopefully Karius does enough to trigger Beşiktaş buying him but I’d be surprised.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #248 on: October 4, 2018, 10:41:27 pm »

He is, lads just had a hopeless few months. Dunno why people thought he’d have what happened in the CL Final, pre season, replaced by Allison, shipped off to Turkey and then suddenly become this ultra confident monster. If he’s able to recover the form that had a lot of people happy with our GK situation, it’ll take a while.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #249 on: October 4, 2018, 11:24:11 pm »
He is, lads just had a hopeless few months. Dunno why people thought he’d have what happened in the CL Final, pre season, replaced by Allison, shipped off to Turkey and then suddenly become this ultra confident monster. If he’s able to recover the form that had a lot of people happy with our GK situation, it’ll take a while.
I think at best he’s a mid table keeper in our league.

At the moment though I don’t even know if he can reach that level again, simply because of all that’s happened. These mistakes are all in his head now, and each time he makes another the focus on him goes up again. The jokes get louder.

I feel very sorry for him, because this situation is going to follow him his whole career.

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: October 4, 2018, 11:28:42 pm »

Football isn't a forgiving environment. If more than 4 months down the line you are still so affected by a couple of high profile errors that it is causing you to massively misjudge routine situations it has to call into question whether you have the mental strength to have a long term future at the top level.

I'm sad for him. His goose looks cooked. His reaction after than error was telling. No anger only resignation.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: October 4, 2018, 11:52:53 pm »
Yes definitely, I don't know how anyone can look at his expression in that clip and not feel sorry for him. Really hope he can get it together again soon.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: October 5, 2018, 08:05:55 am »

He's awful, glad we don't have to watch him week in, week out anymore.

Glad to see Kent get man of the match last night. Watched the game, he's becoming a key player for Rangers. Would like to see him add more goals to his game.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: October 5, 2018, 11:58:38 am »

He's an average gk, but some people refused to see that.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: October 5, 2018, 12:05:54 pm »
He's an average gk, but some people refused to see that.

Probably just tried to see the good aspects of a Liverpool player :)

Heaven forbid
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #255 on: October 5, 2018, 02:59:25 pm »

I genuinely always thought that his problems were more psychological than anything else, but he's just a very poor goalkeeper. It was an awful decision keeping him as long as we did.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: October 5, 2018, 06:37:49 pm »
I genuinely always thought that his problems were more psychological than anything else, but he's just a very poor goalkeeper. It was an awful decision keeping him as long as we did.
I'd suggest that his performances last season up until the CL final suggest that he's almost certainly not a "very poor goalkeeper," but I suppose there's a tiny chance that it was just four months of atypical form. Seems unlikely, but what do I know? But anyway, we've got a better keeper now. I wish Karius well, but we've moved on and it's probably the best for all concerned.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: October 5, 2018, 07:12:19 pm »
Didn't look such a horrific error to me. I suppose any mistake he makes will be forever be put under the microscope. Poor lad - i feel for him. I think he's actually a quality goalkeeper and pulls off some great saves and has good feet, but how do you coach out the brain farts? He has them - there's just no denying it. Plus he looks mentally pretty shot. I mean, who wouldn't be after that final. Enough to give anyone PTSD. Hope he finds the strength of character to get through it, and realise that most of the people criticising him to death are mainly armchair losers with nothing better to do in their life. Really hope this is now his rock bottom, he develops a fuck it attitude, and finds some good form.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #258 on: October 5, 2018, 07:24:47 pm »
Thought it was a freak deflection myself...

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #259 on: October 5, 2018, 07:57:46 pm »
Definitely a deflection there

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: October 5, 2018, 08:05:52 pm »

Don't think many of us were expecting him to be a ultra confident monster immediately (or ever, after that CL final), but expecting him to do the basics of goalkeeping (like dealing with a relatively simple cross) isn't much to ask IMO.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: October 5, 2018, 08:08:44 pm »
Don't think many of us were expecting him to be a ultra confident monster immediately (or ever, after that CL final), but expecting him to do the basics of goalkeeping (like dealing with a relatively simple cross) isn't much to ask IMO.

Well....I think anyone who thought he’d not make any mistakes in the short term were pretty misguided too. Lad pretty much needs building up from scratch.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: October 5, 2018, 08:31:35 pm »
He's awful, glad we don't have to watch him week in, week out anymore.

Glad to see Kent get man of the match last night. Watched the game, he's becoming a key player for Rangers. Would like to see him add more goals to his game.

How many mistakes has he made since going to Turkey? How does that compare to other keepers?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: October 5, 2018, 08:35:14 pm »
How many mistakes has he made since going to Turkey? How does that compare to other keepers?

Of all the players seemingly take joy in making mistakes, you’d think our loanees (even the ones who are pretty much sold) would be pretty much right at the bottom of the list.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #264 on: October 5, 2018, 09:47:47 pm »
He’s away for two seasons, if he’s still pulling this kind of errors next season I’d be worried for him but he’s still struggling from a massive lack of confidence.

Wether he’s good enough for us or not, I’ve got no idea.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: October 6, 2018, 11:23:52 am »
He’s away for two seasons, if he’s still pulling this kind of errors next season I’d be worried for him but he’s still struggling from a massive lack of confidence.

Wether he’s good enough for us or not, I’ve got no idea.

As you can see from my post above I'm very supportive of Karius and think he's got a very bright future in the game. If he can get his head right and develop the right attitude, his raw goalkeeping ability and good distribution skills could get him a move to one of the top leagues again in the future, and who knows maybe he can kick on from there. He should take inspiration from keepers like Friedel. People have been like fucking hyenas to him (I don't mean on this forum in the main).

But I don't think anyone can reasonably conclude he's good enough for us based on what we've seen or has much of a future with us. It didn't take the recent error for Beşiktaş to help me come to such an inspired conclusion
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #266 on: October 6, 2018, 12:27:18 pm »
Ejaria vs Vienna.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iDEnRIFhuEw&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iDEnRIFhuEw&amp;feature=share</a>
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #267 on: October 6, 2018, 02:13:40 pm »

it took a deflection, hardly a simple cross

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: October 6, 2018, 09:09:26 pm »
Of all the players seemingly take joy in making mistakes, you’d think our loanees (even the ones who are pretty much sold) would be pretty much right at the bottom of the list.

??? Don't follow.

My point is that the mistake in the vid above is not a huge one. If we accept that all keepers make mistakes (De Gea has had a pretty ropey start to this season), then whether Karius is crap or a reasonable keeper comes down to how often he makes them. If he is making loads of mistakes per 90 compared to other keepers then by all means feel free to laugh at how shit he is, but is that really the case? Seems only fair to ask the question.   

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: October 6, 2018, 11:07:12 pm »
it took a deflection, hardly a simple cross

Come on mate, you're not helping him.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #270 on: October 6, 2018, 11:27:20 pm »
Is Woodburn injured? Haven’t noticed him in the last couple of Sheffield United squads.

EDIT - forget that just looked back a page and see he seems to be struggling to make an impact there. Hopefully he can kick on soon
« Last Edit: October 6, 2018, 11:31:13 pm by duvva »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: October 7, 2018, 03:47:53 pm »
Kent scored for Rangers against the league leaders, Hearts
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: October 7, 2018, 07:02:04 pm »
I’d say 2-3 big mistakes already. I really think at this speed even playing in Turkey will end up like a good memory in his career. Something is just not right with him, he has huge concentration issues.
I can’t see Beşiktaş buying him after 2 years loan is over.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: October 9, 2018, 08:15:01 pm »
Harry Wilson - Derby - Started and played for 73 minutes as Derby drew 1-1 at home to Norwich, and then dropped to the bench for the following game before coming on in the 54th minute of another 1-1 draw away at QPR.
Ovie Ejaria - Rangers - Rangers bounced back from their disappointing defeat at Livingston with back to back 3-1 home wins against Rapid Vienna and league leaders Hearts, Ejaria started both games, completing 90 minutes against Vienna and 66 minutes against Hearts.
Ryan Kent - Rangers - Kent also started both games and scored the first of the three goals against Hearts. Kent has also spoken about the potential of making this move permanent: “It’s something I’d consider. Definitely. The fans are amazing here. The club has a lot of history. It’s an amazing club, but that’s a conversation they will have to have with Liverpool – not me" as well as being voted as the clubs Player of the Month for September. Video of goal against Hearts - https://twitter.com/RangersGoaIs/status/1048972791314370561
Taiwo Awoniyi - Gent - Gent got smashed 5-1 at home by Genk, Awoniyi started the game but went off after 66 minutes.
Anderson Arroyo - Gent - Not in the match day squad.
Allan - Frankfurt - Played the first half of Frankfurt's 2-1 win away at Hoffenheim but was taken off at half time.
Shamal George - Tranmere - Not in the squad as Tranmere beat Morecambe 4-3 away from home to climb up to 7th in League 2.
Adam Bogdan - Hibernian - Now up to 4 clean sheets in a row as Hibs beat Hamilton 6-0. After the international break they have Celtic, if he makes it 5 in a row it's entirely possible he'll replace Alisson on the ballon d'or list.
Ben Woodburn - Sheffield Utd - Not in the match day squad for either of the games against Hull or Blackburn, making it 3 games in a row hes missed out on the 18.
Herbie Kane - Doncaster - Doncaster's impressive start to the season temporarily halted this week with back to back defeats against Accrington and Fleetwood, Kane completed both games. They drop down to 6th.
Marko Grujic - Hertha Berlin - Injured. Hertha drew 0-0 away at Mainz. 
Connor Randall - Rochdale - Injured.
Loris Karius - Beşiktaş - Beşiktaş lost 2-0 away at Malmo in the Europa League and then followed that up with a 2-2 draw away at Konyaspor.
Corey Whelan - Crewe - They beat Swindon 1-0 at home to bring their losing streak to an end after 3 games, but followed that victory up with a 1-0 defeat away at table topping Lincoln, Whelan completed both games.
Sheyi Ojo - Reims - At this point I think I could tell everyone what score Reims games finish without even checking. For the fourth time in five games, 0-0! They've scored 4 goals in 9 league games, 3 of which came in the first 3 games of the season. Ojo played for the final 12 minutes of their most recent enthralling encounter.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #274 on: October 10, 2018, 04:39:31 am »
I’d say 2-3 big mistakes already. I really think at this speed even playing in Turkey will end up like a good memory in his career. Something is just not right with him, he has huge concentration issues.
I can’t see Beşiktaş buying him after 2 years loan is over.

Aren't they required to if he makes a certain amount of appearances? Not sure what the loan terms were.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: October 10, 2018, 09:59:15 am »
Aren't they required to if he makes a certain amount of appearances? Not sure what the loan terms were.

Yes something like qualify for Europe and play 50% of matches

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #276 on: October 10, 2018, 11:22:04 am »
Doesn't sound too good for Woodburn so far. Will be interested to see how he reacts when/if he's given a chance.

I'm presuming there is some sort of clause here again if he's not getting enough game time?

Offline Dudek savessssss.........!

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop Forum
« Reply #277 on: October 10, 2018, 12:53:43 pm »
This was the line-up for the U23 Cup game vs West Brom on Sunday 7th October;

Liverpool U23s: George, N. Williams, Gallacher (Lewis), Johnston, Juanma, Christie-Davies, Markovic (O'Rourke), Virtue, Millar, Chirivella (Coyle), Jones.

Was that Shamal George in goal for us??
There was a two-minute interlude where Liverpool’s three-man attack squared up against United’s three-man defence and basically stalked them back into their own penalty area, like battle-hardened mountain wolves closing in on a flock of geriatric sheep.  Barney Ronay at Anfield @barneyronay Sun 19 Jan 2020 20.36 GMT

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: October 10, 2018, 01:16:04 pm »
This was the line-up for the U23 Cup game vs West Brom on Sunday 7th October;

Liverpool U23s: George, N. Williams, Gallacher (Lewis), Johnston, Juanma, Christie-Davies, Markovic (O'Rourke), Virtue, Millar, Chirivella (Coyle), Jones.

Was that Shamal George in goal for us??

Potentially, I think loanees can still play for the U23s

Offline stevieheighway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Were Gonna win the League
« Reply #279 on: October 10, 2018, 01:33:27 pm »

Cheers for these updates Joe. Question: Is Danny Ings left out because he is essentially sold?
I'm really looking forward to the future. People can say it's going to be grim if they want but i'm a Liverpool fan...and I don't fucking believe them.