Author Topic: Anfield Road Redevelopment  (Read 307466 times)

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Anfield Road Redevelopment
« Reply #760 on: March 1, 2018, 05:05:46 pm »
Didn't we expect £30m more in matchday revenue? why only £12m

Because the previous season was bloated by the fact we played 31 home games due to League Cup and Europa League runs. Last season we played just 24 home games. Assuming we make it past Porto we'll play at least 27.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2018, 06:06:00 pm by BaZ87 »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #761 on: March 1, 2018, 05:09:15 pm »
As the Echo article linked earlier points out, we earned around £2m a game in the previous accounts, and this has now risen to just over £3m a game.

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #762 on: March 1, 2018, 06:17:38 pm »
As the Echo article linked earlier points out, we earned around £2m a game in the previous accounts, and this has now risen to just over £3m a game.

As with the total revenue, those figures will be distorted by Cup runs. General admission tickets for League Cup and Europa League will have been priced cheaper (particularly the earlier rounds) than League games which would have brought the average down for 15/16 and of course corporate tickets (at least the high end packages) are often sold seasonally so will increase the average income per game in seasons where you play less games (16/17).

Based on 27 home games this season, a very rough estimate, I'd say matchday income will be £80m with the average per game dropping just below £3m.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #763 on: March 2, 2018, 10:00:10 am »
It's vital the Anfield Road End is expanded and the extra capacity is used to get the next generation into the ground.

It might not make a big return on the investment like the Main Stand but it's equally important. If Everton are building a new stadium on the docks in the region of 60k then they'll be offering all kinds of cheap deals to get kids in the ground. We can't lose a generation of support to them.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #764 on: March 2, 2018, 10:03:19 am »
If Everton are building a new stadium on the docks in the region of 60k then they'll be offering all kinds of cheap deals to get kids in the ground. We can't lose a generation of support to them.

The numbers don't add up for them to be able to fund a stadium of that cost and size at increased ticket prices from what they are charging now, so they certainly won't be able to offer all kinds of cheap deals.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: March 2, 2018, 10:07:40 am »

It's about an extra million a home game, so that's anything from 19 to 30 games depending on cups.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: March 2, 2018, 10:09:22 am »
The numbers don't add up for them to be able to fund a stadium of that cost and size at increased ticket prices from what they are charging now, so they certainly won't be able to offer all kinds of cheap deals.

Which is why Big Joe has the taxpayers funding it.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: March 2, 2018, 10:09:42 am »
It's vital the Anfield Road End is expanded and the extra capacity is used to get the next generation into the ground.

It might not make a big return on the investment like the Main Stand but it's equally important. If Everton are building a new stadium on the docks in the region of 60k then they'll be offering all kinds of cheap deals to get kids in the ground. We can't lose a generation of support to them.

Behave! Everton can’t fill their ground now as it is! Apart from two games a season us and Manchester United. The cost of their new stadium they won’t be able to offer cheap seats and even if they do they won’t fill it.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #768 on: March 2, 2018, 10:10:55 am »

They aren't funding it, they are loaning the money, which needs repaying. It'll save Everton some money in interest but they still need to make yearly repayments.

And they are only loaning about £300m of it, they still need to find funding for £200m+ of it.

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #769 on: March 2, 2018, 11:33:13 am »

At the outset they indicated that the new main stand would generate about £20m per season extra - my understanding is that the figure was based on 25 home games. They also thought they would get a naming rights partner at £5m, but at one point a deal was suggested at £9m per season but this failed to materialise, and seems like wishful thinking now.

But if the new Main stand is generating in the region of £1m extra per home game, which appears the case then the 24 homes generated £24m, had it been open the season before, then ball park £31m (31 games) Not allowing for splitting matchday revenue for domestic cup games etc. Either way, it seems to have significantly exceeded the £20m projected income.

Additionally, I dont think the main stand was fully operational until this season while completion of internal fit out was completed, so perhaps more to come from that maybe in this current year not withstanding extra games.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #770 on: March 2, 2018, 12:42:31 pm »

He doesn't. The council are lending the money to build the stadium not funding it, which means Everton will have to pay a premium to the council over and above the interest payments.

Everton won't be offering loads of cheap seats if they're paying off half a billion at commercial rates of interest plus a premium to the council.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: March 2, 2018, 01:19:00 pm »
I think this will be the problem though.
Many blues seem to think that they will just "have" a big stadium that they can then offer generous ticket prices for in order to fill it. Ignoring the fact that the bigger you build it, the higher the cost per seat. They see latent demand, but at Goodison prices, which would barely cover the repayments on a 500m stadium. The demand arguably would not be there at higher prices.

Have also seen a few mention that by having a better stadium they will automatically sell lots more hospitality. They may well do that because the current numbers aren't huge and the prices far lower than ours. But surely if there was extra demand, they would be testing it by offering more offsite packages at Goodison - something we did prior to the Main Stand.

I just don't see the numbers adding up at 500m. 300m to the council at 3% is 9m a year interest only. Then there's the other 200m which at say 4% is another 8m interest only. Stadium excluding corps only earned 14.5m. Commercial including corps is about 25m.
To come anywhere near servicing that loan they really have to go some in both commercial terms as well as corporates and GA.
Finally, sponsors won't just line up to chuck bundles of cash at Everton because they have a new stadium. They'll want hard evidence on how associating with Everton will help them grow their businesses and reach new customers. Which is difficult when they've spent the last 20 years marketing the fact that they're a local club for local people.

Unless Moshiri or someone else writes a big cheque, it's not happening. Even City's owners didn't spring for an entire stadium.

Sorry, bit longer than intended and possibly should be in the other thread.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #772 on: March 2, 2018, 01:27:30 pm »
That's not even including the fact the council are mouthing off about making £7m a year on the deal.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: March 2, 2018, 01:39:47 pm »
I think this will be the problem though.
Many blues seem to think that they will just "have" a big stadium that they can then offer generous ticket prices for in order to fill it. Ignoring the fact that the bigger you build it, the higher the cost per seat. They see latent demand, but at Goodison prices, which would barely cover the repayments on a 500m stadium. The demand arguably would not be there at higher prices.

Have also seen a few mention that by having a better stadium they will automatically sell lots more hospitality. They may well do that because the current numbers aren't huge and the prices far lower than ours. But surely if there was extra demand, they would be testing it by offering more offsite packages at Goodison - something we did prior to the Main Stand.

I just don't see the numbers adding up at 500m. 300m to the council at 3% is 9m a year interest only. Then there's the other 200m which at say 4% is another 8m interest only. Stadium excluding corps only earned 14.5m. Commercial including corps is about 25m.
To come anywhere near servicing that loan they really have to go some in both commercial terms as well as corporates and GA.
Finally, sponsors won't just line up to chuck bundles of cash at Everton because they have a new stadium. They'll want hard evidence on how associating with Everton will help them grow their businesses and reach new customers. Which is difficult when they've spent the last 20 years marketing the fact that they're a local club for local people.

Unless Moshiri or someone else writes a big cheque, it's not happening. Even City's owners didn't spring for an entire stadium.

Sorry, bit longer than intended and possibly should be in the other thread.

There has to be a deal that stacks up in there somewhere otherwise it wouldn't even be talked about but it's pretty unlikely to include cheap seats unless it's intended to just pay for itself and that's it. No growth. No team development?

I guess the reason they've gone to council for funding is they couldn't get it elsewhere. They have always had an issue with guarantees - again, unless the new owners are guaranteeing it.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: March 2, 2018, 03:31:15 pm »
There has to be a deal that stacks up in there somewhere otherwise it wouldn't even be talked about

I don't believe there is a deal in there that stacks up for Everton, it's the new owners taking the fans for a ride like Hicks and Gillett did with us. As far as the council goes Fat Joe can't see what's going on as he is being blinded by his desire for a new Everton ground and also the thought of making a few quid out of it.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: March 2, 2018, 04:53:56 pm »

Even with a 60k stadium, they'll still play shit footy. The only way kids will convert to them, is if they start winning things. Kids round ours are still being brought up as Utd fans as most of their Dads or Mums are (mine of course are Liverpool), City supporters are still in the minority.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Kop Kenny

• Main Stander
« Reply #776 on: March 5, 2018, 09:39:49 pm »
I'm still expecting a legal challenge to the blue shite's grand plan of using council tax payers cash to build a new stadium even if blue nose Anderson is trying to push it through. Their estimated cost of £300- 350 million is not even close to what it would actually cost either.
Trained killer and Black Pudding 3rd Dan in the ancient Lancashire martial art of Ecky Thump. Cyber Nerd by day as a convincing cover.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #777 on: March 5, 2018, 09:41:40 pm »
I'm still expecting a legal challenge to the blue shite's grand plan of using council tax payers cash to build a new stadium even if blue nose Anderson is trying to push it through. Their estimated cost of £300- 350 million is not even close to what it would actually cost either.

Our club won’t make any legal challenge, nor should they.

And the council aren’t providing 100% of the cash, it’s £300m of a £500m cost - although it would, if it ever got built which it won’t, no doubt be more than that.

Not really a thread about their non-existent stadium though.

Offline Kop Kenny

• Main Stander
« Reply #778 on: March 5, 2018, 10:16:23 pm »
I don't expect our club to make a legal challenge but someone from the local council tax paying public is far more likely to, and I'm well aware the council are not providing 100% of the funding.

They will never be able to fill a 60K stadium even if they did get it built nor would they be able to repay the cost of building it, which I would estimate at nearer £600+ million but you are correct, it is not a thread about their non existent stadium, I mention it only in response to the point that they could potentially capture the youth of Merseyside as fans by offering cheaper seats than we are to fill it.
Trained killer and Black Pudding 3rd Dan in the ancient Lancashire martial art of Ecky Thump. Cyber Nerd by day as a convincing cover.

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #779 on: March 5, 2018, 11:38:52 pm »
Unless I've missed something then tax payers cash isn't funding any of their proposed stadium. From what I understand, the idea is for the council to loan the money on their behalf with Everton paying the council a premium on top of whatever the interest is charged on that loan.

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #780 on: March 6, 2018, 06:42:44 am »
Unless I've missed something then tax payers cash isn't funding any of their proposed stadium. From what I understand, the idea is for the council to loan the money on their behalf with Everton paying the council a premium on top of whatever the interest is charged on that loan.

That's correct.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: March 6, 2018, 07:07:43 am »
That's correct.

Never let facts get in the way of a good moan.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #782 on: March 6, 2018, 07:12:24 am »
Although, presumably, tax payers cash will be securing the loan.

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #783 on: March 6, 2018, 11:15:21 am »
Although, presumably, tax payers cash will be securing the loan.
Probably. I think this debate is a bit pointless anyway as I can't see how this project stacks up for Everton. The demand for tickets isn't there and while slashing ticket prices may get bums on seats, it won't help increase revenue (by enough) to cover the costs of financing the stadium. And on the subject of financing, it's reported as part of the deal between them and the council that Everton's PL tv money and season ticket money will be used as security - if Everton are so hard up that they need the council to secure them a half decent interest rate, with tv and season ticket money already accounted for, how on earth are they going to find funding for the other £200m odd?

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: March 6, 2018, 11:41:35 am »
...it's reported as part of the deal between them and the council that Everton's PL tv money and season ticket money will be used as security...

Someone should remind them of what happened to Leeds. It was for players rather than a ground but Leeds used ticket sales and hospitality as security.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #785 on: March 6, 2018, 11:53:39 am »

and then if they cannot afford the repayments? Who pays then? Moshiri?

The head of the council, out on police bail on fraud charges? The chief finance officer resigns, who was also dismissed from a previous role, with a gagging order and a cloud hanging over her at the same time as an independent report into this financing is released, apparently finding issues, but which is can not be divulged... hmmm... when you can smell a rat... there is usually a rat about.

Time to start an "Imaginary Stadium" thread?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: March 6, 2018, 11:57:58 am »

Just change the colour to blue and superimpose over a pic of the mersey and the docks.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #787 on: March 6, 2018, 12:53:29 pm »
and then if they cannot afford the repayments? Who pays then? Moshiri?

The head of the council, out on police bail on fraud charges? The chief finance officer resigns, who was also dismissed from a previous role, with a gagging order and a cloud hanging over her at the same time as an independent report into this financing is released, apparently finding issues, but which is can not be divulged... hmmm... when you can smell a rat... there is usually a rat about.

As I mentioned in my next post, Everton's tv and season ticket money will reportedly be used as security so the council would have first dibs on that. I agree that it'll probably never happen though. The costs have got too high to make it financially feasible. Their match day revenue for last season was just £14m - to finance a £400m+ stadium is going to cost upwards of £30m per year. They'll have to more than treble their match day income to be in the same position.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: March 6, 2018, 06:24:13 pm »
As I mentioned in my next post, Everton's tv and season ticket money will reportedly be used as security so the council would have first dibs on that. I agree that it'll probably never happen though. The costs have got too high to make it financially feasible. Their match day revenue for last season was just £14m - to finance a £400m+ stadium is going to cost upwards of £30m per year. They'll have to more than treble their match day income to be in the same position.

And with a lot of duds to unload , players over 30 to replace and not a real big player ala lukaku or stones to bring big cash in . An Interesting few years ahead for them especially if moshila suddenly realises how much money he can hoemarrage being an owner and wants out like lerner .

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: March 6, 2018, 06:42:59 pm »
And with a lot of duds to unload , players over 30 to replace and not a real big player ala lukaku or stones to bring big cash in . An Interesting few years ahead for them especially if moshila suddenly realises how much money he can hoemarrage being an owner and wants out like lerner .

It's also a massive gamble to try and break into the group at the top of the Premiere League. At the moment there are six teams vying for 4 Champions League places.

United have a 75,000 seater and a massive commercial operation. Chelsea are already way ahead of Everton because they are in West London and are planning to move to a 60,000 seater. Spurs will be in a 60,000 seat ground next season, Arsenal already have a 60,000 seat stadium and even though they are in crisis and not always filling the ground they have paid off the loans and have a huge income. Liverpool are now at 54,000 with a relatively cheap option to increase capacity up to 60,000. Man City won't fill their stadium but are bankrolled by a country.

Where would Everton fit in with their new 60,000 seat stadium?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline andyw79

• Kopite
« Reply #790 on: March 6, 2018, 07:25:51 pm »
It could cripple them!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #791 on: March 6, 2018, 07:40:20 pm »
It could cripple them!

It will cripple them. How we that's why it won't happen as the numbers just don't add up and no responsible lender and/or council will get involved in it.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #792 on: March 7, 2018, 07:19:06 am »
Just change the colour to blue and superimpose over a pic of the mersey and the docks.

I loved that design...... it was the only thing H&G did that was good....... the design I mean.
Was so different to anything else... especially the parry bowl type designs

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #793 on: March 7, 2018, 07:32:55 am »
I loved that design...... it was the only thing H&G did that was good....... the design I mean.

One of the forum elders will be along shortly to school you in why although it looked great from the outside, it was a terrible terrible design for watching football on the inside. Like you I thought it was great til I read the nitty gritty.  I can't remember the details but they were very comprehensive!

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #794 on: March 7, 2018, 12:36:01 pm »
One of the forum elders will be along shortly to school you in why although it looked great from the outside, it was a terrible terrible design for watching football on the inside. Like you I thought it was great til I read the nitty gritty.  I can't remember the details but they were very comprehensive!
Yeah all the sight lines were terrible etc...... but that could be worked on during the final drafting. But it just looked imposing!!!

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: March 7, 2018, 12:52:24 pm »

Here you are:

It was shite. It was an NFL stadium. Shite views, open concourses, a half built away end, glass walls to the Kop. Different is easy. A ham sandwich with a turd in it is ‘different’.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #796 on: March 7, 2018, 01:16:02 pm »
Here you are:

It was shite. It was an NFL stadium. Shite views, open concourses, a half built away end, glass walls to the Kop. Different is easy. A ham sandwich with a turd in it is ‘different’.

Hahaha, nice one.

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #797 on: March 7, 2018, 02:36:07 pm »
Here you are:

So new White Hart Lane then...

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: March 7, 2018, 06:32:13 pm »
So new White Hart Lane then...

White Hart Lane is a version of the Emirates with a modified seating bowl.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: March 7, 2018, 07:03:40 pm »
White Hart Lane is a version of the Emirates with a modified seating bowl.

In regards of the Emirates Stadium I read somewhere once that the capacity could be increased to 70,000 simply by installing normal sized seats. At present the seats are very big.