Author Topic: SoccerManager - Looking for new managers  (Read 587066 times)

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Soccer Manager League 2: Infinity War
« Reply #9720 on: January 18, 2019, 07:49:34 pm »
Any word on what's happening with PSG at the end of the season?
Betty's taking over

Offline Chrismonster

• Anny Roader
  • Thou shall not wear socks with FlipFlops.
« Reply #9721 on: January 18, 2019, 07:52:36 pm »
Nice one.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9722 on: January 18, 2019, 07:56:48 pm »
Nice one.
Let's hope he's up to it, him and Ronaldo are the gameworlds only hope

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9723 on: January 18, 2019, 08:07:33 pm »
Betty's taking over

Has he confirmed this?

Offline Chrismonster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9724 on: January 18, 2019, 08:10:42 pm »
Let's hope he's up to it, him and Ronaldo are the gameworlds only hope

Should be a really good battle between them, perhaps a couple of others have a chance too next season !

I'd be delighted to step aside now if Betty wants to get started early..?

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9725 on: January 18, 2019, 08:30:05 pm »
Has he confirmed this?
If it's still up in the air then yous should make a decision on a confirmation as soon as possible. If not then decide or a draft or a free for all so folk could start sorting out their cap numbers with a view to it.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9726 on: January 18, 2019, 08:38:41 pm »
If it's still up in the air then yous should make a decision on a confirmation as soon as possible. If not then decide or a draft or a free for all so folk could start sorting out their cap numbers with a view to it.

I was hoping Chris might stay but it seems not. I would much rather someone took over, explained why on numerous occassions.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9727 on: January 18, 2019, 08:47:19 pm »
I was hoping Chris might stay but it seems not. I would much rather someone took over, explained why on numerous occassions.
I'd rather Betty comes back to the gw. The sooner we know the better though, preperation wise. Meself as an example, i've got 38 in the squad. It seems i have space but next season i've got 3 going out and 5 coming in, in already agreed deals so technically i'm at cap.  If there was to be a draft or a free for all, and it was left to the left minute to decide it, i'm bunched!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 08:49:59 pm by Lawnmowerman »

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9728 on: January 18, 2019, 08:50:49 pm »
I'd rather Betty comes back to the gw. The sooner we know the better though, preperation wise. Meself as an example, i've got 38 in the squad, it seems i have space but next season i've got two going out and 4 coming in, in already agreed deals so technically i'm at cap.  If there was to be a draft or a free for all, and it was left to the left minute to decide it, i'm bunched!

Nothing will happen till the start of next season.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9729 on: January 18, 2019, 08:52:10 pm »
Nothing will happen till the start of next season.
Cheers ::)

Offline Chrismonster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9730 on: January 18, 2019, 09:11:49 pm »

I made a mistake in taking over PSG.. What  I enjoy most about this game is slowly building teams from scratch, I just couldn't get back into this GW after leaving Atletico. coupled with not having any interest in PSG in real life, I found myself completely losing interest in the GW midway through last season. 

If you'll have me back, I might take over a different club at some point in the future... 

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9731 on: January 18, 2019, 09:58:05 pm »
I made a mistake in taking over PSG.. What  I enjoy most about this game is slowly building teams from scratch, I just couldn't get back into this GW after leaving Atletico. coupled with not having any interest in PSG in real life, I found myself completely losing interest in the GW midway through last season. 

If you'll have me back, I might take over a different club at some point in the future... 

Fair enough, plenty of teams in Div 2 that need a re-build....You're always welcome to take one on.

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #9732 on: January 18, 2019, 10:28:49 pm »
Really hope Betty comes back.

Offline Chrismonster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9733 on: January 18, 2019, 11:39:23 pm »
Fair enough, plenty of teams in Div 2 that need a re-build....You're always welcome to take one on.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9734 on: January 20, 2019, 09:36:30 am »

If i wasn't committed to my little project i'd say lets do a swap and a PSG legend  could return home ;)

Offline Chrismonster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9735 on: January 20, 2019, 03:07:48 pm »
If i wasn't committed to my little project i'd say lets do a swap and a PSG legend  could return home ;)

Haha.. I wouldn’t worry, prefer starting from scratch. Also, a break from this GW was more than needed. Now to decide which of the other 13 or 14 teams to bin!🤔

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9736 on: January 20, 2019, 09:29:55 pm »
Haha.. I wouldn’t worry, prefer starting from scratch. Also, a break from this GW was more than needed. Now to decide which of the other 13 or 14 teams to bin!🤔

To be fair you did only manage A.Madrid for 18 games lol

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9737 on: January 25, 2019, 05:03:44 pm »
Well done Bayern on winning the double!

Insane squad depth, a 95 rated salah only started 13 games! that's crazyyyyy

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9738 on: January 25, 2019, 06:47:16 pm »
Well done Bayern on winning the double!

Thanks mate. That's my second double in a row so it's a double-double! Never been done before in the gameworld I believe. The double itself has only been done three times in 22 seasons.

That might well be the best I can do with this team. Next season will be tougher without Ronaldo. I learned this season that winning the treble is almost impossible. Would need a lot of luck as well. I lost three times in total this season so far and all of those three were games where I dominated stats but had the opponent goalie pulling of a MOTM 9-10/10 performance. Those always happen in SM no matter how good a team you have it seems.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9739 on: January 25, 2019, 06:58:23 pm »
Well you have got the best squad this GW has ever seen

like i said earlier, mo salah 95 rated player but only started 13 games, insane squad depth

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9740 on: February 7, 2019, 11:19:23 pm »
Bayern's final record is 68 points which equals the all time high with LM's Barca from Season 15. Didn't get the treble but a double and that is good enough for a historic season for me.

Ronaldo will move to PSG after my assistant is done with the SMFA final and the "dream team era" at Bayern will be officially over.

Looking forward to next season already, and especially what Betty can do with PSG. Five straight wins to end the season hasn't gone unnoticed at Munich. Expect a strong challenge from him with Ronaldo joining.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2019, 11:23:55 pm by Midget »

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9741 on: February 8, 2019, 11:41:16 am »
Bayern's final record is 68 points which equals the all time high with LM's Barca from Season 15. Didn't get the treble but a double and that is good enough for a historic season for me.

Ronaldo will move to PSG after my assistant is done with the SMFA final and the "dream team era" at Bayern will be officially over.

Looking forward to next season already, and especially what Betty can do with PSG. Five straight wins to end the season hasn't gone unnoticed at Munich. Expect a strong challenge from him with Ronaldo joining.
Well done A-bomb. Without your highest scorer, best player, golden boot winner and gameworld player of the season next campaign. Fully expect the other superpowers to give a good account and stand up to your tyranny.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #9742 on: February 8, 2019, 01:05:50 pm »
Congrats Alex, well deserved.

I think that is the best I'm likely to do with Valencia for a long time. Managed to pull together a band of misfits who made it to 4th but most are likely on the decline. Got a good gang of youngsters and some value in the squad I can probably add to that with through trades, so think it'll be a move on to a rebuild job from now on planning for the future and sacrificing the next couple of seasons.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9743 on: February 8, 2019, 01:19:11 pm »
Congrats Alex, well deserved.

I think that is the best I'm likely to do with Valencia for a long time. Managed to pull together a band of misfits who made it to 4th but most are likely on the decline. Got a good gang of youngsters and some value in the squad I can probably add to that with through trades, so think it'll be a move on to a rebuild job from now on planning for the future and sacrificing the next couple of seasons.

Thanks Mikey. Valencia definitely played an impressive season. You got the maximum out of your squad. Caused me one of my three defeats of the season too!

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9744 on: February 8, 2019, 02:08:57 pm »
Well done Alex, well deserved.

Was half tempted to trade in and give it a good go next season but might have to wait a bit longer.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9745 on: February 8, 2019, 06:28:39 pm »
Congrats Alex on winning the league!!

Atletico left it too late, least we gave the fans something to cheer about by winning the last 2 games! not enough sadly, Division 2 awaits...

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9746 on: February 11, 2019, 03:46:39 pm »

Congrats, mate.

Very happy with how PSG finished the season, with us ending up 5th after starting somewhere near the relegation zone. Going to be tough to challenge Bayern even with Ronaldo, but we'll do our best. Trying to get a few deals done before the start of the season. Nice deal with KL trading Malcom for Walker. Hate his stupid smug face, but he strengthens up the right side of the defence nicely.

Looks like Virgil is off the market again after flirting with City for the past week. If anyone dares to make a bid then you know where I am. No special desire to sell the big man, though.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #9747 on: February 11, 2019, 05:35:32 pm »
PSV loading up on some top young talent again after slightly losing our way over the past season or two. Donnarumma, Kehrer, Fabinho, Ceballos, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Lozano & Malcom all joining in recent months. Still looking to cause some more damage in the transfer market as well ;D 94 rated Godin could be available for anyone looking to dethrone Bayern...

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9748 on: February 11, 2019, 07:29:32 pm »
Congrats, mate.

Very happy with how PSG finished the season, with us ending up 5th after starting somewhere near the relegation zone. Going to be tough to challenge Bayern even with Ronaldo, but we'll do our best. Trying to get a few deals done before the start of the season. Nice deal with KL trading Malcom for Walker. Hate his stupid smug face, but he strengthens up the right side of the defence nicely.

Looks like Virgil is off the market again after flirting with City for the past week. If anyone dares to make a bid then you know where I am. No special desire to sell the big man, though.

Wow city after another CB, i suppose they need to replace Rudiger who is going to be a future legend hahah

:(

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9749 on: February 11, 2019, 07:36:59 pm »
Wow city after another CB, i suppose they need to replace Rudiger who is going to be a future legend hahah

:(

Yep, tried to speed up the process but will have to wait for the rating reviews.  Had my eye on 2 players but happy to hold on now.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9750 on: February 11, 2019, 07:44:50 pm »
Yep, tried to speed up the process but will have to wait for the rating reviews.  Had my eye on 2 players but happy to hold on now.

Im interested to know if you would of let another CB go if you did land VVD

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9751 on: February 11, 2019, 08:01:19 pm »
Im interested to know if you would of let another CB go if you did land VVD

Of course, I offered 4 different CB's for him.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9752 on: February 11, 2019, 08:06:22 pm »
Of course, I offered 4 different CB's for him.

4 for 1? i would of taken it :P

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9753 on: February 11, 2019, 09:13:47 pm »

No no, not 4 at once.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9754 on: February 11, 2019, 10:38:31 pm »

If it were all 4 I'd have taken it for sure  :D
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #9755 on: February 13, 2019, 01:04:35 pm »
Di Maria 92  :rollseyes

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9756 on: February 13, 2019, 02:13:04 pm »
Di Maria 92  :rollseyes

Thiago Silva too! Always thought they were very rough on those two. Di Maria has been playing some of the best football of his career the past couple of seasons. Thiago Silva's level has never really dropped either imo. His treatment is pretty shameful when you compare it to the other great CB's of 2010s they have shown a lot of respect for: Chiellini, Bonucci, Ramos, Pique, Godin etc.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #9757 on: February 13, 2019, 02:59:22 pm »
Thiago Silva too! Always thought they were very rough on those two. Di Maria has been playing some of the best football of his career the past couple of seasons. Thiago Silva's level has never really dropped either imo. His treatment is pretty shameful when you compare it to the other great CB's of 2010s they have shown a lot of respect for: Chiellini, Bonucci, Ramos, Pique, Godin etc.

Yeah Thiago Silva's been an absolute beast in the Champions League this season. Seen your messages btw, I'll reply this evening  :thumbup

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #9758 on: February 14, 2019, 08:16:30 am »
PSV after Zaniolo's brace on Tuesday  ;D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9759 on: February 14, 2019, 02:08:24 pm »
Seen your messages btw, I'll reply this evening  :thumbup
I know who's he after. Pm'd you. I'll give you know who....