Author Topic: LOST - Channel 4 *warning spoilers, but no answers*  (Read 398936 times)

Online Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
Re: LOST - Channel 4 *warning spoilers of future episodes*
« Reply #5160 on: November 12, 2009, 12:17:08 pm »
I'm currently on episode 1x19 :D I love Lost.

Offline hyypia04

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5161 on: November 12, 2009, 02:23:06 pm »
I started season one againa and its amazing the things I have forgotten which seem so important.
The skeleton in the cave - ie Adam and Eve.
And the physic that Claire went to see.
Completely forgot about those things. Wow I was unsure about rewatching it all but I'm so going to do it now. It still is so watchable.

I'm currently doing the same thing. So much I'd forgotten about, and looking back, there are loads of little things that make a lot more sense now than they did at the time!
Radio Merseyside interviewer to Shankly:
'Mr Shankly, why is it that your teams' unbeaten run has suddenly ended ... ?'
Shankly: 'Why don't you go and jump in the lake ?'

Offline kratos

• Kopite
« Reply #5162 on: November 12, 2009, 03:11:54 pm »
I'm currently doing the same thing. So much I'd forgotten about, and looking back, there are loads of little things that make a lot more sense now than they did at the time!

what kind of things have you noticed?

Online Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #5163 on: November 18, 2009, 06:40:25 pm »
I'm at season 2 episode 9.

I wonder if it was really Walt talking to Michael on the computer and where from? Did we ever get an answer to that?

Offline Withnail

• Failed anorexic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5164 on: November 18, 2009, 06:47:34 pm »
ive been waiting so long for the next series that ive completely lost interest now.

Offline liverpool1691

• Anny Roader
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #5165 on: November 18, 2009, 09:27:28 pm »
ive been waiting so long for the next series that ive completely lost interest now.

Same but when the premiere gets closer i'll probably be buzzing with excitement haha.

Offline hyypia04

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5166 on: November 19, 2009, 06:03:19 pm »
what kind of things have you noticed?

It's just more of a general understanding of what's going on and why - particularly the stuff with characters popping into each others flashbacks and knowing why they're there etc. I'd forgotten more than half of the flashbacks from series 1 & 2. Strange to think that the whole of the first series pretty much passed by with no mention of any of the Dharma stuff, and The Others only appear in the last episode.

I know so many people that gave up on Lost during the first series because they found it all just too confusing and frustrating. I'm glad I stuck with it - it's just fucking brilliant!

Offline hyypia04

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5167 on: November 19, 2009, 06:08:35 pm »
I'm at season 2 episode 9.

I wonder if it was really Walt talking to Michael on the computer and where from? Did we ever get an answer to that?

I just watched that episode meself! Don't think we did get an answer to that actually. Possibly a computer on Hydra island?

Oh, and did you notice the shark that attacked Sawyer and Michael had a Dharma logo on it's tail?! I gave myself a pat on the back for spotting that! And then a further one for remembering that in series 3 Jack was being held hostage in a shark tank at one point. Loads of little spots like that during the current re-watch!

Online Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #5168 on: November 19, 2009, 06:16:42 pm »
I just watched that episode meself! Don't think we did get an answer to that actually. Possibly a computer on Hydra island?

Oh, and did you notice the shark that attacked Sawyer and Michael had a Dharma logo on it's tail?! I gave myself a pat on the back for spotting that! And then a further one for remembering that in series 3 Jack was being held hostage in a shark tank at one point. Loads of little spots like that during the current re-watch!

Yea I'd spotted that first time round (third time rewatching them now) but it's taken looking up "The Numbers" on lostpedia for me to spot this and I only watched this one a few days ago.

:duh

« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 06:18:30 pm by Uhoh AureliOs »

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5169 on: November 19, 2009, 08:09:29 pm »
Yea I'd spotted that first time round (third time rewatching them now) but it's taken looking up "The Numbers" on lostpedia for me to spot this and I only watched this one a few days ago.

:duh

What episode was that from, mate?

Online Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #5170 on: November 19, 2009, 10:30:50 pm »
It's in the last episode of Season 1 just after Hurley robs that guys motorised scooter.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #5171 on: November 20, 2009, 12:36:28 am »
It's in the last episode of Season 1 just after Hurley robs that guys motorised scooter.
Ahhhh yer. I've watched the whole of Lost start to finish twice and havn't noticed it :D
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Reddave7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #5172 on: November 20, 2009, 04:15:14 pm »

ABC announces the premiere of the sixth and final season of “Lost,” with a special all-night event on Tuesday, February 2. A recap special will kick off the night from 8:00-9:00 p.m., ET, followed by the much anticipated two-hour premiere from 9:00-11:00 p.m.

The series will then air in its regular time period – Tuesday nights from 9:00-10:00 p.m., ET – beginning the following week, on February 9.
RAWK Premier League Prediction Champion 08, 09
RAWK European Prediction Cup Champion 09/10

Online Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #5173 on: November 20, 2009, 04:46:51 pm »
Quite a few old dead cast members in that poster. Hmm...

Offline hyypia04

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5174 on: November 20, 2009, 06:01:48 pm »
Does that mean Charlie is back this series? Got to say he was one of my favourite characters.

Richard Alpert is the one that intrigues me most though. Hopefully he'll have his own flash-back episode this series so we can finally find out what the score is with him. And most importantly - why does he wear eye-liner?  ;)

Online jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #5175 on: November 20, 2009, 07:28:10 pm »
Quite a few old dead cast members in that poster. Hmm...

I wonder if what Charlie is doing/has done in FlashForward will affect what happens in Lost ;) ;D
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Online Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #5176 on: November 22, 2009, 05:54:07 pm »
If you're re-watching the series and fancy reading some insightful stuff on the literary links/mythology contained in the show and it's themes in general then have a look here.

http://chud.com/articles/categories/Editorial/THUD/

The person writing them has seen all five seasons so it's good to see how he links them with future plot lines. They're almost up to season 4 and it offers some plausible explanations to the little mysteries.

(also found here: http://losttherewatch.blogspot.com/ )
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 06:06:53 pm by Uhoh AureliOs »

Offline Kite

• The answer my friend, is blowing in the....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5177 on: November 23, 2009, 12:45:45 am »
I honestly think this season is destined for failure.  Such a complex script has been jumbled up as they went along.  There isn't a chance in hell there going to be able to make sense of it all at the end.

I predict an obscure ending, which is supposed to leave everyone guessing, but is really just a cop out from the writers.
Who says fatties can't play football.......

Offline liverpool1691

• Anny Roader
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #5178 on: November 23, 2009, 01:14:25 am »
I honestly think this season is destined for failure.  Such a complex script has been jumbled up as they went along.  There isn't a chance in hell there going to be able to make sense of it all at the end.

I predict an obscure ending, which is supposed to leave everyone guessing, but is really just a cop out from the writers.

Nah I think everything will be sorted before it finishes. No loose ends or anything like that.

Offline AriGold

• Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #5179 on: November 23, 2009, 05:37:26 am »
Cannot fucking wait! :D
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Offline hyypia04

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5180 on: November 23, 2009, 02:21:44 pm »

I reckon it'll be a mixture. The majority of the mysteries will be answered - ie. the whole Jacob, his nemisis thing, the black rock, Richard's ageless-ness and what the smoke monster is. But I reckon we'll probably never properly find out what the island actually is and everything to do with the numbers.

Some things are best left as mysteries to continue to speculate over I suppose.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #5181 on: November 23, 2009, 02:24:28 pm »
Nah I think everything will be sorted before it finishes. No loose ends or anything like that.

They will hold the suspense till the last episode.  I dont think any of the other episodes will answer much of the questions of the earlier seasons.
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #5182 on: November 23, 2009, 02:42:32 pm »
Cannot fucking wait! :D

Me too, I keep seeing the ads on Sky for it and getting all excited. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #5183 on: November 23, 2009, 08:27:02 pm »

very mild season six spoiler

Spoiler
A new poster promoting Lost's sixth and final season recently surfaced on the Internet—and in addition to a line up of the cast, both past and present, it contains some hieroglyphics to consider. PM sent the poster to Dr. James Allen, Wilbour Professor of Egyptology and Chair of Egyptology and Ancient Western Asian Studies at Brown University—the man who gave the first indication that the mysterious four-toed statue was not Anubis, as many had assumed, but Taweret, the half-hippo, half-croc Egyptian goddess who protected mothers and infants. Allen had this to say about the poster: "The hieroglyphs spell out two Egyptian words, meaning 'Who is the guide?' or 'Who is the leader?'" We'll leave the interpretation of that up to you. —Erin McCarthy

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/technology_news/4334205.html
[close]

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #5184 on: November 23, 2009, 08:33:44 pm »
My prediction of the final scene.

Jack, Kate (she's just a small town girl) and Sawyer are sitting in a restaurant booth snacking on onion rings, listening to 'Don't Stop Believing. Outside, Locke attempts to parallel park his car and gets in on the third attempt. Everytime the door opens a bell over the door rings, and Jack bricks it. Sitting at the counter is actress Jenna Elfman, looking nervous. She goes for a lash. As she walks back out the toilet, the bell rings again, Jack looks nervous as fuck and it fades to black...

Offline hyypia04

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5185 on: November 23, 2009, 08:50:23 pm »
How do you post them spoiler (hover to show) thingys?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #5186 on: November 23, 2009, 08:56:14 pm »
put [spoiler] at the front and [/spoiler] at the end.

Offline hyypia04

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5187 on: November 23, 2009, 09:20:22 pm »
Ta RedFerLife.

Right, I generally try to not visit Lost sites as I don't really want to know what is going to happen before watching the episodes, but here's a fairly big spoiler that I stumbled accross for the coming series and I've got to say it concerns me slighly (dunno if it's already been raised on here or not).

Spoiler
Apparantly the flashbacks are being replaced by flashsideways' in the final series. ie There is an alternate reality running in tandem with the on-island one.

In this alternate reality flight 815 never crashes and we see what the Losties would've been up to.

If this is the case then I have the two following questions:

1. Who gives a shit what they would have been doing?!
2. How do they have time to do all this alternate reality nonesence AND answer all of the questions that need answering?

I just hope that it's not just filler and it's actually vital to the events in the on-island timeline.

Fingers crossed it's another stroke of genius by the creators and it all turns out to be fantastic!
[close]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 09:23:36 pm by hyypia04 »

Online Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #5188 on: November 27, 2009, 04:22:41 pm »
I'm not reading any theories/spoilers on season 6, except the small teasers like the poster above which are done deliberately as I don't want to ruin it (I'll discuss any of the old series no end). I love the Lost writers mastery of misdirection followed by the sudden twist, it's their jab right hook and I want to take it straight on the chin.  So sorry Hyypia04 I'm not clicking :)

From a few months back. I'm not sure if it's been posted already.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QapfiBnu_Cc&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xcfcfcf&amp;hl=en_US&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QapfiBnu_Cc&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xcfcfcf&amp;hl=en_US&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;fs=1</a>

Top quality actor and a smoking hot wife to boot.

Offline hyypia04

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5189 on: November 28, 2009, 07:06:28 pm »
Currently re-watching series 3 and noticed another small thing I hadn't seen before - the monk who kicks Desmond out of the monastry has a picture on his desk of him alongside Eloise Hawking...

Can't believe how un-observant I was the first time around!

Offline AriGold

• Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #5190 on: November 29, 2009, 06:21:52 am »
I'm not reading any theories/spoilers on season 6, except the small teasers like the poster above which are done deliberately as I don't want to ruin it (I'll discuss any of the old series no end). I love the Lost writers mastery of misdirection followed by the sudden twist, it's their jab right hook and I want to take it straight on the chin.  So sorry Hyypia04 I'm not clicking :)

From a few months back. I'm not sure if it's been posted already.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QapfiBnu_Cc&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xcfcfcf&amp;hl=en_US&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QapfiBnu_Cc&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xcfcfcf&amp;hl=en_US&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;fs=1</a>

Top quality actor and a smoking hot wife to boot.
Top quality actor, easily the best on the show. To think he was only brought on for 3 episodes aswell!
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Offline liverpool1691

• Anny Roader
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #5191 on: November 29, 2009, 12:29:05 pm »
Been watching some recap videos and and best Lost moments etc on Youtube.

Fucking well excited for it again now lol. Can't wait!

Online Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #5192 on: December 3, 2009, 12:53:14 pm »
Perdidos! (contains no spoilers)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/C56Lgl6DorM&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&amp;hd=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/C56Lgl6DorM&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&amp;hd=1</a>

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5193 on: December 4, 2009, 08:16:35 pm »
Top quality actor, easily the best on the show. To think he was only brought on for 3 episodes aswell!
This has always intrigued me.

Was his part wrote in specifically, or did they just change who his character was?

Offline AriGold

• Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #5194 on: December 4, 2009, 08:42:35 pm »
This has always intrigued me.

Was his part wrote in specifically, or did they just change who his character was?
Have no idea. Made up they kept him on though, the Character he plays is quality.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #5195 on: December 5, 2009, 12:24:23 am »
Lost is epic. Reading no Spoilers, no matter how tempting they are to me.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #5196 on: December 6, 2009, 09:13:17 pm »
Lost is epic. Reading no Spoilers, no matter how tempting they are to me.

Spoiler
You shouldn't have given in to temptation and read this, Lethal.
[close]

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #5197 on: December 6, 2009, 09:42:42 pm »

Another Sopranos
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #5198 on: December 6, 2009, 11:09:58 pm »
Spoiler
You shouldn't have given in to temptation and read this, Lethal.
[close]

Ha, I read it, I was lucky. I'm going to leave this thread now

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5199 on: December 7, 2009, 02:40:55 am »
first promo on american tv saying the start date of season 6.......the first thursday in february, the 4th.

*chews nails*