Author Topic: LOST - Channel 4 *warning spoilers, but no answers*  (Read 399842 times)

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LOST - Channel 4 *warning spoilers, but no answers*
« Reply #7840 on: January 26, 2017, 10:12:38 pm »
'The Constant' is still one of my favourite episodes of TV of all time
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #7841 on: January 26, 2017, 10:42:55 pm »
The plot was essentially a device to get a large amount of very different characters together and really hammer their development, I think to that extent not much comes close. Such a large ensemble of great characters that were very well written and acted.

I wasn't too arsed about the plot by the end, I was happy to be as emotionally invested as I was.

Game of Thrones and The Wire obviously manage to do this and throw in a cohesive story too. :)
:D

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7842 on: January 26, 2017, 11:34:59 pm »
The plot was essentially a device to get a large amount of very different characters together and really hammer their development, I think to that extent not much comes close. Such a large ensemble of great characters that were very well written and acted.

I wasn't too arsed about the plot by the end, I was happy to be as emotionally invested as I was.

Game of Thrones and The Wire obviously manage to do this and throw in a cohesive story too. :)

Lots of shows do, the mystery was what drew people to Lost. If they'd said "you'll never find out what any of this means" it would have failed.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #7843 on: January 27, 2017, 06:53:25 pm »
Lots of shows do, the mystery was what drew people to Lost. If they'd said "you'll never find out what any of this means" it would have failed.

Lots of shows do what?

I don't think many shows have the sheer volume of great, well rounded characters as Lost - along with the variety.

Obviously the mystery is what keeps you going, and with a better more thought out story Lost may have been up there as one of the great shows.
:D

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7844 on: January 27, 2017, 07:00:03 pm »
Lots of shows do what?

I don't think many shows have the sheer volume of great, well rounded characters as Lost - along with the variety.

Obviously the mystery is what keeps you going, and with a better more thought out story Lost may have been up there as one of the great shows.

Have a large ensemble of good/great characters. The Wire and Game of Thrones as you said. The Shield. Justified. The Sopranos. Deadwood for sure. Band of Brothers of you count that. Sons of Anarchy. That's just off the top of my head.

I think Lost had a fantastic mystery that got everyone talking, and that's why it's remembered so fondly. The characters were second to that.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7845 on: January 27, 2017, 07:58:34 pm »
started watching again. So many good character.

Boone is not one of them though.

God but he was so pretty. Sigh. Had to make do with Sawyer after that, which wasn't too much of an effort I guess. :lickin
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7846 on: January 27, 2017, 10:25:29 pm »
God but he was so pretty. Sigh. Had to make do with Sawyer after that, which wasn't too much of an effort I guess. :lickin

Which one was Boone?