Author Topic: LOST - Channel 4 *warning spoilers, but no answers*  (Read 399896 times)

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
Re: LOST - Channel 4 *warning spoilers of future episodes*
« Reply #5080 on: August 11, 2009, 03:56:00 pm »
tell me about it!!! is this the last series before they make a film?

A film would be shite.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Online GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #5081 on: August 11, 2009, 03:59:47 pm »
tell me about it!!! is this the last series before they make a film?

Apparently so.  I hope they dont do the film within 10 years of the last episode
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #5083 on: August 11, 2009, 05:44:03 pm »
Its the last season yes, I have never heard anything apart form rumours (which have then been denied) about a film.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5084 on: August 11, 2009, 09:27:31 pm »
I've just read this theory about season 6

http://www.alwayswatching.net/features/lost-theory-season-6

Could all be bollocks like, but it sounds plausible and entertaining.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Reddave7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #5085 on: August 13, 2009, 02:09:15 pm »
Bit of promo stuff here. Deffo worth a look.

A new video series has begun on abc.com that will give us new information on The Dharma Initiative. A supposed news program from the 1980's called "Mysteries Of The Universe" is airing a 5 episode investigation into the Dharma Initiative. Episode one is currently showing on abc.com. A new episode will air each month through November. The scheduled air dates for episodes 2 through 5 are August 4th, September 8th, October 15th and November 16th. Episode one is an introduction into the upcoming series and gives some background into a secret organization called the Dharma Initiative.

Episode 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMmpiY6Tr-o

Episode 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkewj2AZ8Ig
RAWK Premier League Prediction Champion 08, 09
RAWK European Prediction Cup Champion 09/10

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #5086 on: August 13, 2009, 02:20:24 pm »
Didn't like some aspects of the final few episodes of 5, like the bits when Juliet changes her mind 2-3 times on what to do and bases it on nothing really.

I hope 6 just hits the ground running and leaves you breathless like Season 1.  It is final season, go out with a bang please.

I remember watching the final 4 episodes of Season 1, without realising the second season had started. Noticed there were about 8 to watch, so phoned in sick so I could watch them.

I want to be hooked THAT much again!

Offline Shambles.....with a capital S!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • In it for the long haul. Come on you Reds.
« Reply #5087 on: August 13, 2009, 05:04:40 pm »
There isn't another show like this and I don't there ever will be one. I'm watching them all over again and have got to the second season finale.

Some of the Locke scenes are interesting. It's like he knows what is about to happen - remember the actual Locke and Esau Locke? Hmmmmm.

Offline iceman-23

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5088 on: August 13, 2009, 06:33:13 pm »
I started re-watching two weeks after S5 ended and was finished a month later... May rewatch again in Dec / Jan just to be ready :)

Offline kirzer

• Kopite
« Reply #5089 on: August 13, 2009, 07:17:17 pm »
Episode 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMmpiY6Tr-o

Episode 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkewj2AZ8Ig

I like the references to Phil and Olivia in there, I'm sure some of the faces on the newspaper are of characters we have seen as well, one of them kinda looks like Cheng.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #5090 on: September 21, 2009, 04:28:57 pm »
Just 4 more months to wait!!! 4 friggin months!!!!
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5091 on: September 21, 2009, 04:34:26 pm »
Just 4 more months to wait!!! 4 friggin months!!!!

God, did you have to remind us?!

At least there a few decent looking shows starting soon, like V and Flashforward, should help fill the gap

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Bangers N Masch

• Legacy Fan
  • Backing Hodgson.
« Reply #5092 on: September 21, 2009, 11:51:01 pm »
God, did you have to remind us?!

At least there a few decent looking shows starting soon, like V and Flashforward, should help fill the gap

DEXTER
'Nights like the semi-final back in 2005 live long in the memory of anyone who witnessed it, never mind me as an opposition player. That night has always stuck in my head and given me the desire to one day play in a red shirt and help the club return to its former glory days.'

Muted for 12 days for calling Rafa fat.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5093 on: September 27, 2009, 10:23:03 am »
Just watched the 5 seasons, in the space of 4 months. Now need to wait for 3 months for Season 6! Waits killing me!
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #5094 on: September 27, 2009, 03:54:38 pm »
Just watched the 5 seasons, in the space of 4 months. Now need to wait for 3 months for Season 6! Waits killing me!

Favourite bits? Did you see anything coming/work any bits out? What do you think happened after the flash at the end of 5?

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #5095 on: September 27, 2009, 04:41:33 pm »

4 months? Ponce. I watched them all in the same of about 3 weeks. Did the same with 24, Heroes and Prison Break. Why I didn't watch either from the start is beyond me. Still, am I the only person that likes to wait until there's at least one series of a show finished before watching it? I can never stand waiting a week in between episodes before deciding whether it's worth watching or not. You end up half way into a season before deciding if it's been worth it or not and by then you're commited to it.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline thredworm

• Makes mods cry.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Stop ze cock jokes!"
  • Super Title: Might be a bit thick if trying to agitate mods.
« Reply #5096 on: September 27, 2009, 05:01:27 pm »
Going to start rewatching from the start at the end of October. Don't want to do it right away, simply because I like to finish it about a week before it begins again.

Yes. Yes, I have absolutely no fucking life whatsoever.
"We were looking for them to suffer from the very first minute, and they have suffered until the 90th minute."
Rafa Benitez on Real Madrid, 10th March 2009. Liverpool 4 - 0 Real Madrid

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5097 on: September 27, 2009, 07:27:22 pm »
Favourite bits? Did you see anything coming/work any bits out? What do you think happened after the flash at the end of 5?

Loved Season 1. Great idea about having people crash on a mystical island, working their way through it. Look back now, and who would have thought what it would eventually become in Season 5.

Started to lost interest by the end of Season 2, and it was almost ridiculous by Season 3. The 'Jack in Thailand' was an absolute waste of 45 minutes of my life. Got back in Season 4 (which was my favorite season), and they've continued strongly in Season 5.

Was convinced it was going the Heroes/PB way by Season 3, but they've done well to keep view glued to the series after 5 seasons.

They've got A LOT to answer in Season 6, and my biggest worries is, they slide certain things under the table, hoping viewers don't pay attention. I mean, looking back at Season 1, and I was convinced the psychic Claire visited, had a major part to play, but not a mention of him. How did he know what was going to happen? Similarly, the whispers of the 'Others', and how they're impossible to track? Now they just seem normal humans to us.

Feel sad for Locke. Became my favorite character in Season 1, and the whole 'you're special/important' was a bunch of lies in the end. He had the mystical thing about him in earlier seasons, but that was lost. He got it back in the last season, so I was obviously gutted it wasn't actually him. Still hope there's some redemption for him, 'cos otherwise, he'd had a pathetic life.

Oh, and love Desmond's character. Think the 'Constant' episode, was by far the best episode I've ever watched on TV. Sound bloke Desmond, though I think he'll play some part in the next season, given he's the one who can defy time etc etc.

Other favorite characters include Hurley (bunch of laughs he is!), Faraday (fantastic actor), and Sawyer (though they've ruined him with the sickening love triangle).

Kate is fit as fuck, and I'd do her any day of the week. Unfortunately, she, and the rest of the female cast, are terrible actresses, apart from Charlotte, who was killed very early for my liking.

Last episode left more questions than answers, as usual with lost. I'd go fucking made if they go back to the first scene of Lost, and everything is 'undone'. Would all be a bit pointless, though I agree with Miles, that it is the bomb itself which cause the hatch to be built eventually. The whole Jacob/anti-Jacob and good/evil plot was brilliantly done, especially the first scene. Interesting to see what the rest of the Ajira crew are here for. Pretty sure that guy is the one who took Miles in the van, and told him to take the right side. Got a feeling they'll all go back to the present time, and hopefully, we'll be done with flashbacks/time traveling. Also think there's a lot more to Ricardus (awesome name), and we'll know a lot more about him. And the 'they're coming' probably means the 1977 group coming to the present time, though why it scared the hell out of anti-Jacob, I don't know.

Oh, and I hope Juliet dies. Waste of space. And great to see Vincent. Was wondering what would be happening to him with all the time travel. Poor dog :P

THIS is quality TV though. Fucking sick and Heroes and PB. Not even going to bother watching Heroes now. Watched Dexter, followed by this, and it's on another level in terms of entertainment. Dexter starts soon, so hopefully that keeps me occupied.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #5098 on: September 27, 2009, 09:41:41 pm »

4 months? Ponce. I watched them all in the same of about 3 weeks. Did the same with 24, Heroes and Prison Break. Why I didn't watch either from the start is beyond me. Still, am I the only person that likes to wait until there's at least one series of a show finished before watching it? I can never stand waiting a week in between episodes before deciding whether it's worth watching or not. You end up half way into a season before deciding if it's been worth it or not and by then you're commited to it.

i do the same mate, cant be arsed to watch 1 episode a week!!
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5099 on: September 28, 2009, 04:58:01 am »
I would wait till the end to watch the whole season in one shot.

But...It's Lost. I'm not going to wait 5 months extra knowing every week a new episode comes out, people are talking about the new developments and making interesting theories (like thredworm). And that's one of the things I also love about the show. The way it makes people think and write tonnes of interesting crap about it every week.

If you wait till the end and watch the whole season in one go, you're in the 'lost world' for a space of a few days and that's it. The end.

It's the last season and I'm going to enjoy it as much as possible, for as long as possible.

Otherwise I'll be going through the 'Media & Arts' page and seeing the 'Lost Channel 4' thread being bumped every few days and having to control myself so as not to click on it. Not going to happen.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #5100 on: September 28, 2009, 03:01:24 pm »

Don't hold back. :D

Very good point about the psychic and Claire. I've always wondered about the big fuss he made about Claire raising Aaron and I hope they delve a bit deeper into the whole Claire thing personally. Why is Aaron special? Or is he? Or will they just write him out like Walt and forget about it?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5101 on: September 28, 2009, 03:07:27 pm »
Don't hold back. :D

Very good point about the psychic and Claire. I've always wondered about the big fuss he made about Claire raising Aaron and I hope they delve a bit deeper into the whole Claire thing personally. Why is Aaron special? Or is he? Or will they just write him out like Walt and forget about it?

I think they only dumped Walt because the actor turned into a giant and he got a pretty crappy resolution in the last series, I don't think we'll see him again.

I'm pretty sure Claire will be a regular in the last series so we'll get answers about her.

I never saw the psychic as important, he was just a device to make it seem more mysterious in the first season.

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5102 on: September 28, 2009, 05:08:04 pm »
You also find out he's a little fibber later on.

Offline Miguel Sanchez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Proud member of the Witness Relocation Program
« Reply #5103 on: September 29, 2009, 02:27:58 pm »
Claire is definitely in the new series.

Apparently they have started filming it now

I cannbot fucking wait for the last series. Its been ages and still 3 months to go!!
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you...

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5104 on: September 30, 2009, 04:00:44 pm »
Where will Lost stand in terms of television history....? Will the final series have a effect on your love for the show? Regardless of how the show concludes I will always love the show and it will be sad watching the final season knowing its about to end.....

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #5105 on: September 30, 2009, 07:19:29 pm »
I'm a massive lost fan so bound to have some bias but for me it's going to be remembered as a modern great. They got so many things right, including some of the best actors I've seen on prime time telly and intriguing storylines that arc not just a few episodes but multiple series. But then I would say that. :)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5106 on: September 30, 2009, 09:30:08 pm »
yeah as I was chattin bout it at work today and this other lad reckoned whatever the ending will be it will never live up to people's expectations... but for the amount of brain work, thinking, pondering this show has given it will go down in a positive way in tv history surely....

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5107 on: September 30, 2009, 09:45:41 pm »
I think it will be seen as a great series in all, its made the audience (and even the cast) go to places we've never expected. Starting with a plane crash on an island, to leaving the island, going back and going to the 70's. It's made us thankful for every scrap of information and bit of seemingly important backstory we've seen, its never attempted to dumb itself down and has infact got more mind boggling as it has continued. I'm looking forward to savouring the final series, then buying the massive collectors edition boxed set of the whole thing and watching it all again, and again.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #5108 on: September 30, 2009, 09:47:18 pm »
Can I just add. I watched Lost up until the end of the previous series to the last one (yea? lol). The unanswered questions upon unanswered questions. I just couldnt take anymore. I honestly believe that when the programme took off, the writers started making it up as they went along. Used to think it was all in Hurleys head..and I reckon thats how it was meant to end (there is evidence to suggest this.) Now though....who knows. So without bursting the bubble, and Im not a person coming in saying, hate this shite, I have actualy given a decent reason, but for every person who loves this, there will be 1 or maybe 2 people who hate it.

Television history? I doubt it.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline JoeK

• Legacy Fan
  • Come on you tricky reds...
« Reply #5109 on: September 30, 2009, 09:47:56 pm »
It gets you hooked, i watched 1 in series 4, an went out an bought them all.

That 1 episode hooked me, an i bet 1 show later on hooked loads
What bits does it have? Because as long as there's not eight inches of slaghammer down there, I'd be up it like a rat up a drainpipe

Offline Reddave7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #5110 on: September 30, 2009, 10:45:16 pm »
Just finished rewatching them all. Cant wait for season 6!
RAWK Premier League Prediction Champion 08, 09
RAWK European Prediction Cup Champion 09/10

Offline Smiling Politely

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5111 on: October 1, 2009, 03:27:56 pm »
Can I just add. I watched Lost up until the end of the previous series to the last one (yea? lol). The unanswered questions upon unanswered questions. I just couldnt take anymore. I honestly believe that when the programme took off, the writers started making it up as they went along.

You know, even if this is true, and I'm sure it is to a degree, they have shown a remarkable attention to detail few shows hve matched.

Also, pretty much every show you see is made up as it goes along. The nature of American tv dictates that that is how it is.

Offline thredworm

• Makes mods cry.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Stop ze cock jokes!"
  • Super Title: Might be a bit thick if trying to agitate mods.
« Reply #5112 on: October 1, 2009, 04:23:04 pm »
Television history? I doubt it.

You can dislike it all you want, and obviously that's your choice, but to dismiss this being one of the greatest shows in tv history is nonsense. It has pulled in more viewers than any other tv show in its genre consistently over the last 5 years, so of course it'll be remembered as one of the best shows ever. There hasn't been ONE single show which has made its audience think as much as this has.
"We were looking for them to suffer from the very first minute, and they have suffered until the 90th minute."
Rafa Benitez on Real Madrid, 10th March 2009. Liverpool 4 - 0 Real Madrid

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #5113 on: October 1, 2009, 04:29:42 pm »
The fact that so many shows started after Lost with ongoing plot mysteries (most cancelled) means it is TV history. Obviously it wasn't the first to do it, but it did spawn alot of copies.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #5114 on: October 1, 2009, 07:51:28 pm »
You can dislike it all you want,
Where did I say I disliked it? I said Id given up on it because of so many unanswered questions.

It has pulled in more viewers than any other tv show in its genre consistently over the last 5 years,
Name another show of the same genre.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5115 on: October 1, 2009, 09:34:26 pm »
Name another show of the same genre.

Heroes, Fringe, The Dresden Files, Journeyman, The 4400, Sarah Connor Chronicles

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #5116 on: October 1, 2009, 09:43:32 pm »
Heroes, Fringe, The Dresden Files, Journeyman, The 4400, Sarah Connor Chronicles
Id argue, Heroes is nothing like the Lost genre.
Fringe, Dresden and Journeyman Ive not seen, therefore cant pass comment.
4400 im pretty sure was out before Lost.
Sarah Connor goes on a premise of a film that dates back to 86 84 (looked it up) ish. Therefore you cant really say thats a copy of it!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5117 on: October 1, 2009, 10:10:06 pm »
Id argue, Heroes is nothing like the Lost genre.
Fringe, Dresden and Journeyman Ive not seen, therefore cant pass comment.
4400 im pretty sure was out before Lost.
Sarah Connor goes on a premise of a film that dates back to 86 84 (looked it up) ish. Therefore you cant really say thats a copy of it!

They're all sci fi shows which have been on since Lost started, all considerably worse than Lost and all have had lower viewing figures which was what Redworm was getting at I believe.

Fringe, Dresden, Journeyman and Sarah Connor were all very likely made after the execs saw the success of Lost.

And Heroes is definitely in the same category as Lost, a group of disparate characters drawn together because of fantastic events, both have their roots in sci fi and follow long, multi-series story arcs. I'd say Lost is as much about drama as sci fi while Heroes is all about the sci fi to the detriment of the characters but they are defo the same genre.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #5118 on: October 2, 2009, 06:47:44 pm »
They're all sci fi shows which have been on since Lost started, all considerably worse than Lost and all have had lower viewing figures which was what Redworm was getting at I believe.

Fringe, Dresden, Journeyman and Sarah Connor were all very likely made after the execs saw the success of Lost.

And Heroes is definitely in the same category as Lost, a group of disparate characters drawn together because of fantastic events, both have their roots in sci fi and follow long, multi-series story arcs. I'd say Lost is as much about drama as sci fi while Heroes is all about the sci fi to the detriment of the characters but they are defo the same genre.
Bloody hell mate. If Lost's genre is being classed as sci-fi, then there are a SHIT LOAD of better sci-fi programmes. Thats my opinion anyway, and you know what they say? Opinions are like arseholes. We all have them and they all stink ;)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #5119 on: October 2, 2009, 07:14:03 pm »
Well, what would you class Lost as? Ongoing drama mystery? It's definitely sci-fi, as in fantastic events etc that could not happen in the real world.

I think part of the point was if Lost was not a success, things like Fringe, Heroes, Dresden Files wouldn't exist. Police dramas and hospital dramas used to be the be all and end all, but there has definitely been a big cranking up of the more fantastical dramas in recent times.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?