The Liverpool FC Forum > Technology and Science

What mobile phone?

<< < (1725/1733) > >>

filopastry:

--- Quote from: Hedley Lamarr on September 22, 2023, 08:49:48 am ---Apple's pricing is quite reasonable with the 15 line, cheaper than the comparative Samsung handsets, the iPhone 15 is £50 cheaper than the Pixel 7 pro was at launch (and that phone was anything but 'pro')

--- End quote ---

On the other hand you get frequent discounting with the Samsung sets, actually 15 pro max pricing looks pretty identical to s23 ultra base pricing.

Swings and roundabouts from there, better discount on Samsung, better trade in on iphone.

Too early for flapjacks?:

--- Quote from: Ben S on September 22, 2023, 11:45:30 am ---Had iPhone for work back in 2009 and 2010. Was shit out the box to the point I told them I wasn't having another and to deal with it.
Frankly, I thought the shitty windows mobile Samsung Omnia was better.
But the iPhone looked pretty...

As for the HTC Sensation,  it was probably one of HTCs worst phones and the reason they fell from grace.

--- End quote ---

My experience is similar. I've had to use iPhones at work and have had more problems with them than the Android devices I've personally owned. The Samsung Galaxy series was good to me. Had the S7 edge for 5 years and when the battery would no longer last me the day and the security updates stopped, I moved over to the Pixels. Currently have the Pixel 7 (not the pro) and don't plan to upgrade anytime soon.

classycarra:
Ive a Samsung S21 on an EE contract and am gonna be travelling for a bit in October and the destinations don't have a roaming plan so would be too expensive. Wondering if anyone has experience with any sims or esims (not used this before, but seems pretty widespread) on their main phone without having to take out their normal sim/use a burner? Is it easy enough to manage?

separate but sort of related, does anyone have any recommendations or general tips about some reliable and not too expensive providers of data sims? cheers in advance!

jillc:

--- Quote from: Too early for flapjacks? on September 22, 2023, 05:08:30 pm ---My experience is similar. I've had to use iPhones at work and have had more problems with them than the Android devices I've personally owned. The Samsung Galaxy series was good to me. Had the S7 edge for 5 years and when the battery would no longer last me the day and the security updates stopped, I moved over to the Pixels. Currently have the Pixel 7 (not the pro) and don't plan to upgrade anytime soon.

--- End quote ---

How are you finding the Pixel 7? I have just ordered a 7A and looking forward to trying a new phone. I have managed to get a good deal with O2 which I am happy with and should get the phone tomorrow.

Hedley Lamarr:

--- Quote from: Ben S on September 22, 2023, 11:45:30 am ---Had iPhone for work back in 2009 and 2010. Was shit out the box to the point I told them I wasn't having another and to deal with it.
Frankly, I thought the shitty windows mobile Samsung Omnia was better.
But the iPhone looked pretty...

As for the HTC Sensation,  it was probably one of HTCs worst phones and the reason they fell from grace.

--- End quote ---

I just had a dig through my 'obsolete tech' cupboard and I still have my HTC M8 in there, actually think that may be in my top three handsets of all time, absolutely beautiful phone and perfect in the hand, a time before phones got too big.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version