The Liverpool FC Forum > Technology and Science

What mobile phone?

<< < (1723/1733) > >>

owens_2k:
If I have a dual sim phone with Whatsapp on it, registered using my phone number (Sim 1). Can I use the data from Sim 2 to use Whatsapp when out and about?

ToneLa:

--- Quote from: owens_2k on September 18, 2023, 01:44:10 pm ---If I have a dual sim phone with Whatsapp on it, registered using my phone number (Sim 1). Can I use the data from Sim 2 to use Whatsapp when out and about?

--- End quote ---

I believe it is only tied to the phone number when registered / activated, so if Whatsapp is up and running it'll rely on whatever kind of connection you have, so, data, sure. I mean, that's how it works on wifi... it's not tied to the SIM there

Caveat that I haven't tried it

owens_2k:

--- Quote from: ToneLa on September 19, 2023, 08:52:16 am ---I believe it is only tied to the phone number when registered / activated, so if Whatsapp is up and running it'll rely on whatever kind of connection you have, so, data, sure. I mean, that's how it works on wifi... it's not tied to the SIM there

Caveat that I haven't tried it

--- End quote ---
Thanks, will give it a go

y2w902:

--- Quote from: Claire. on September 13, 2023, 12:35:35 pm ---It's three years usually for me, the issue I have is that my 12 pro is in incredibly good nick and I wasn't even considering replacing it until the 15 pro appeared on my screen yesterday. Looked up trade in and it's 300, which isn't terrible. I don't know why I'm trying to justify it when I know it's pure consumerism but I also want a new Mac (which is more pressing than a phone but not immediately) so fml it's gonna be expensive.

--- End quote ---

Claire, whatever you do, don't take the trade in price. You can get better from Music Magpie or Mazuma.

ScouserAtHeart:

--- Quote from: owens_2k on September 18, 2023, 01:44:10 pm ---If I have a dual sim phone with Whatsapp on it, registered using my phone number (Sim 1). Can I use the data from Sim 2 to use Whatsapp when out and about?

--- End quote ---

It will, yes. Just like WiFi or if you connect to someone else's data hotspot

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version