The Liverpool FC Forum > Technology and Science

What mobile phone?

<< < (1696/1733) > >>

blert596:
I jusy got the Pixel 7 after always having Samsungs. My S10 has seen much better days.

To be honest it doesnt seem any different to my S10 performance wise. Couple of different ways of doing things but nothing especially beneficial in my normal day to day use of it.

I got the watch as well, and dont think its a patch on my S3 Classic - which unfortunately gave up the ghost abar 6 months ago.

Early days with it yet, and I think Im finding the changes in carrying out actions that Ive been used to for years quite annoying. But no doubt that will change soon enough.

Amazing how massive, and unweildy, it feels compared to the S10 as well.

Skeeve:

--- Quote from: blert596 on October 15, 2022, 10:13:09 pm ---Amazing how massive, and unweildy, it feels compared to the S10 as well.

--- End quote ---

Give it time and you will adjust to the size without realising it and then if you happen to pick up your s10 to update apps etc (assuming you are keeping it as your backup) then it will seem small instead.

blert596:

--- Quote from: Skeeve on October 16, 2022, 07:38:51 am ---Give it time and you will adjust to the size without realising it and then if you happen to pick up your s10 to update apps etc (assuming you are keeping it as your backup) then it will seem small instead.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, no doubt it will become the norm. Just a bit surprised at how much different it feels considering its not a massive jump in size really.

I dug out my old S7 Edge the other day and that felt surprisingly nice. Considering I never thought Id get used to its round edges I ended up loving that phone (until the back came off And I cracked the front of it). They all pale into insignificance to my 6230i which unfortunately wont hold a charge for more than a minute or two.

Anyway, I never ever have a case for my phones, but will get one for this seeing as how I bought it instead of upgrading. Anyone have any recommendations for a good  slimline minimal case that does the biz if I was to drop it?

Hedley Lamarr:
My missus has the official Google case, can’t vouch for protection as she hasn’t dropped it, it looks smart though. About £25.

Skeeve:

--- Quote from: blert596 on October 16, 2022, 12:19:43 pm ---Yeah, no doubt it will become the norm. Just a bit surprised at how much different it feels considering its not a massive jump in size really.

I dug out my old S7 Edge the other day and that felt surprisingly nice. Considering I never thought Id get used to its round edges I ended up loving that phone (until the back came off And I cracked the front of it). They all pale into insignificance to my 6230i which unfortunately wont hold a charge for more than a minute or two.

Anyway, I never ever have a case for my phones, but will get one for this seeing as how I bought it instead of upgrading. Anyone have any recommendations for a good  slimline minimal case that does the biz if I was to drop it?

--- End quote ---

I used to work for a mobile phone company and it was quite jarring when you had to test new software on older devices as you'd got used to the larger new devices by then, even if you thought the older device was perfectly sized previously.

Besides official cases, Spigen seem to be a reliable make for cases for most phones, offering the most basic tpu skins up to more boxy stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version