Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
This is exciting and clearly well thought out by Edwards and co.

Michael Edwards yet again the master of deflection, as a fanbase we've been looking at Xabi and Amorim while our Football CEO has been looking at a candidate that can work with our existing squad and no doubt will be on board with what ever signings we have planned (and departures).

On TAW it was mentioned that he plays 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 (although Reddy did suggest 4-4-3, which would be truly game changing) and that he plays with an out and out striker.

Some interesting points on between game recovery and that he avoids sprints where possible to reduce the risk of injuries.

Hopefully we announce this and allow the fan base to unite fully behind Jurgen for the rest of his time here. Up the reds.
I'm all for playing rush 'keeper.  Didn't Cruyff try it once?
Will be interesting to see what Trent does now. It may be his hometown club, but he's won the lot under Jurgen and at 25, no question he'll be targeted by the likes of Madrid.
Slot pun check list

Slot right in
Slot machine
(although Reddy did suggest 4-4-3, which would be truly game changing)

To be fair, when we have possession, Alisson does sometimes become pretty much an outfield player.
Rodgers did many many things wrong.
Get over it would be my suggestion. Literally has no relevance to Slot or the current situation.
I have no idea how good he is to be honest. No one was going to be as good as Klopp. So the main concern is will players want to play for Arne Slot on lower wages than our rivals. Probably not sadly.

Whose on lower wages as our rivals? Which rivals are these? Cheating clubs?
Just on Ancelotti….  Did we look at him before Klopp?  I don’t know why we would rule him out. He has lived over here. His record at Madrid and Milan is pretty awesome. He can work with the superstar players/they all seem happy to play for him and respect him being one of the most successful managers ever. I think he would have been a great transition for A few years.
We would rule him out because he's currently Real Madrid boss mate.  ;D What
My dad is one of six children and both his parents were blues and all his siblings are blues.  He chose to be a red as a young kid and nobody in our family seems to know why - probably just childish contrarianism and wanting to be unique in a big household.  Based on his age he'd have chosen allegiance whilst Liverpool were in the second division just before or around about the time that Shankly took over.

My brother and I were brought up reds and both my kids are reds.  There but for the grace of God...
I see. Thanks for sharing, thaddeus. Lovely story, that.  :)  It's good to be a Red though.
Yeah - it's a bit 'The Internet Will Never Forget' type of thing. Someone is judged harshly for the rest of time because they once did a wrong.
Rodgers did many many things wrong.
Yeah gotta make sure we get him nailed down with all the other offers from big clubs flying in for him.

I can think of plenty of good reasons why we would want the new manager to be ready to start work as soon as possible - not least that we'll have summer transfer targets to think about.

We need to give him every chance possible to hit the ground running from game one next season.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10