Author Topic: Steven Gerrard  (Read 218041 times)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Steven Gerrard
« Reply #640 on: November 29, 2018, 02:28:32 pm »
Imagine him at his peak in our current team  :'(. Exactly what we're missing.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #641 on: December 4, 2018, 04:06:47 pm »
God, I nearly cried hearing Gerrard talk about Klopp’s celebration.  :'(

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: December 4, 2018, 04:10:48 pm »
Yeah was brilliant. Him putting the journo in his place on the dumb Morelos question was great as well. Rangers fans adore him, no wonder.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #643 on: December 4, 2018, 04:20:24 pm »
Imagine him at his peak in our current team  :'(. Exactly what we're missing.

Hugged to death by Klopp on a weekly basis...the kind of thing Stevie sadly missed out on.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: December 4, 2018, 05:23:34 pm »
God, I nearly cried hearing Gerrard talk about Klopp’s celebration.  :'(

please link

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #645 on: December 4, 2018, 05:30:05 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #646 on: December 4, 2018, 06:00:17 pm »
Here ya go fellers, 11.38 in:

https://rangers.co.uk/news/rangers-tv/video-steven-gerrard-daniel-candeias-press-conference/

It's 15 odd minutes the whole thing, I watched the lot, he's fucking brilliant is Stevie  ;D

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: December 4, 2018, 06:35:35 pm »

https://rangers.co.uk/news/rangers-tv/video-steven-gerrard-daniel-candeias-press-conference/

It's 15 odd minutes the whole thing, I watched the lot, he's fucking brilliant is Stevie  ;D

good comments!

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #648 on: December 4, 2018, 07:14:57 pm »

Thanks for that.

Love how he still refers to Liverpool as 'we' :)
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: December 14, 2018, 08:50:48 pm »
A mate of mine owned this Robson top, the old blue-and-white one with dashes on it,” he wrote in his autobiography, per talkSPORT.

“We were kicking about on Ironside [the appropriately named road he grew up on] and I asked him whether I could be Robson for a while.

“I slipped out of my Liverpool shirt, and put the Robson one on.

“It felt fantastic.

“I wore it for an hour, charging all over, flying into tackles, scoring brave goals, pretending I was Robson.

“Because the shirt had Robson’s name on it, I forgot about the United bit.

“I didn’t seem like treachery to Liverpool, more homage to an England god.”

However, Gerrard’s father spotted his son charging about in the United kit and made his feelings crystal clear.

“Unfortunately, dad looked out the window and went ballistic,” he continued.

“‘Get inside now!’ he screamed. Scarcely through the door, I ran into a right good grilling.

“‘What the hell are you playing at, wearing a Manchester United shirt?’ he asked.

“‘But dad, it’s Bryan Robson’s shirt,’ I explained.

“Dad couldn’t have cared less. ‘You should know better,’ he said.

“It was a United strip, and dad wasn’t having any son of his dragging the Gerrard name through the Huyton gutter.

“What would the neighbours think? Honest to God, I thought I was going to have to move house!

“I was only a baby but I was convinced dad would kick me out for putting on that United shirt.”

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: December 14, 2018, 09:35:15 pm »
Just finished watching the Make Us Dream documentary on Amazon Prime. Thought it was a good watch and showed Gerrard's thought process through the highs and lows. God we had a really good side in 13/14, forgot how good Sterling was and Sturridge at the time. He admitted he shouldn't have played in that infamous Chelsea game as his groin was gone at that stage. Gutted he missed out on the title but ultimately not many players will ever experience moments like Istanbul and the FA Cup winner in 06.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Longwood NY

• Main Stander
  • Innit
« Reply #651 on: December 15, 2018, 11:59:48 pm »
Just finished watching the Make Us Dream documentary on Amazon Prime. Thought it was a good watch and showed Gerrard's thought process through the highs and lows. God we had a really good side in 13/14, forgot how good Sterling was and Sturridge at the time. He admitted he shouldn't have played in that infamous Chelsea game as his groin was gone at that stage. Gutted he missed out on the title but ultimately not many players will ever experience moments like Istanbul and the FA Cup winner in 06.
Yeah our attack was the dog's bollocks but all you have to do is look at the back five and realise it would've been a bloody miracle to win the league with some of our mainstays, with all due respect to Migs, Sakho, Skrtel etc.

Online The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: December 16, 2018, 01:06:06 pm »
Make Us Dream drips with poignancy..a footballing fable worthy of Aeschylus yet it only tells part of the story - with the future still unwritten.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #653 on: December 21, 2018, 12:36:51 am »
Yeah our attack was the dog's bollocks but all you have to do is look at the back five and realise it would've been a bloody miracle to win the league with some of our mainstays, with all due respect to Migs, Sakho, Skrtel etc.
Aly Cissokho and John Flanagan should be named waaaaaay before those two, especially Skrtel who was a solid player for us for years with a couple of great seasons (that one included).

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: December 29, 2018, 05:07:12 am »
A mate of mine owned this Robson top, the old blue-and-white one with dashes on it,” he wrote in his autobiography, per talkSPORT.

“We were kicking about on Ironside [the appropriately named road he grew up on] and I asked him whether I could be Robson for a while.

“I slipped out of my Liverpool shirt, and put the Robson one on.

“It felt fantastic.

“I wore it for an hour, charging all over, flying into tackles, scoring brave goals, pretending I was Robson.

“Because the shirt had Robson’s name on it, I forgot about the United bit.

“I didn’t seem like treachery to Liverpool, more homage to an England god.”

However, Gerrard’s father spotted his son charging about in the United kit and made his feelings crystal clear.

“Unfortunately, dad looked out the window and went ballistic,” he continued.

“‘Get inside now!’ he screamed. Scarcely through the door, I ran into a right good grilling.

“‘What the hell are you playing at, wearing a Manchester United shirt?’ he asked.

“‘But dad, it’s Bryan Robson’s shirt,’ I explained.

“Dad couldn’t have cared less. ‘You should know better,’ he said.

“It was a United strip, and dad wasn’t having any son of his dragging the Gerrard name through the Huyton gutter.

“What would the neighbours think? Honest to God, I thought I was going to have to move house!

“I was only a baby but I was convinced dad would kick me out for putting on that United shirt.”

That's odd, because I'm reading My Story now (got it for Chrissy) and in the book it says his dad just had a quiet word with him after he came home - and it was an England top, not MU.

Different yet similar story, media sensationalism, or inconsistent storytelling? Guess I'll know once I finish!

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: December 29, 2018, 02:53:01 pm »
Nice little interview with Carragher in The Telegraph.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/12/28/jamie-carragher-interviews-steven-gerrard-talked-tactics-rafa/

Behind the paywall or if you're signed up to the freebie allowance. But nub of it doesn't think he's got a divine right to manage Liverpool; been talking to and seeking advice from Rafa, Southgate and Alex Inglethorpe. Describes the recent period of disappointing results as similar to when Hodgson was at Liverpool, which amused me.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #656 on: April 2, 2019, 08:27:18 pm »
Nice little interview with Carragher in The Telegraph.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/12/28/jamie-carragher-interviews-steven-gerrard-talked-tactics-rafa/

Behind the paywall or if you're signed up to the freebie allowance. But nub of it doesn't think he's got a divine right to manage Liverpool; been talking to and seeking advice from Rafa, Southgate and Alex Inglethorpe. Describes the recent period of disappointing results as similar to when Hodgson was at Liverpool, which amused me.
Disappointing results for which team?

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: April 2, 2019, 08:33:04 pm »
I know this may be a bit random timing wise, but I remembered earlier when Stevie retired from LFC, some of the press kept on repeating the 'amusing' thing that Steven Gerrard has had the same haircut throughout his career hohohohoho.....indeed.
 ::)

What irked at the time was that it was firstly pointless and unrelated to the legacy that Stevie left on English footy, and secondly, it was not even true! He's had at least 4 different hairstyles! From memory... young boy shaggy mop in his early days, shaven head for a bit, classic Stevie from Istanbul-era, and then the cut he has now for some time +/- beard.
What silly journalism.

Don't remember them going on about Scholes and Lampards consistent hairstyles when they retired.............?

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: April 3, 2019, 02:11:03 pm »
I would say that on the list of things to get worked up about, that is quite low down, mate. ;D

Absolutely amazing player. People talk about Messi being one of a kind, never to be seen again, and I think Stevie is in that category for Liverpool. People genuinely talk about Scholes being better, pfffft. Only a blinkered United fan, or a hipster like those who insist Pirlo is better than Xavi could think that.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #659 on: April 3, 2019, 03:07:01 pm »
I know this may be a bit random timing wise, but I remembered earlier when Stevie retired from LFC, some of the press kept on repeating the 'amusing' thing that Steven Gerrard has had the same haircut throughout his career hohohohoho.....indeed.
 ::)

What irked at the time was that it was firstly pointless and unrelated to the legacy that Stevie left on English footy, and secondly, it was not even true! He's had at least 4 different hairstyles! From memory... young boy shaggy mop in his early days, shaven head for a bit, classic Stevie from Istanbul-era, and then the cut he has now for some time +/- beard.
What silly journalism.

Don't remember them going on about Scholes and Lampards consistent hairstyles when they retired.............?

He had the same hair style when he was a 'fringe' player too.Loved Stevie G, such a 'wave' of emotion when he retired!

More hair jokes to follow please!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #660 on: April 3, 2019, 06:39:49 pm »
He had the same hair style when he was a 'fringe' player too.Loved Stevie G, such a 'wave' of emotion when he retired!

More hair jokes to follow please!

Do you need to mullet over first?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #661 on: April 3, 2019, 07:22:51 pm »
Do you need to mullet over first?

Nah, think he'll sort of fade away...

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: April 3, 2019, 09:35:04 pm »
If you lot keep going with these cheesy posts it'll be curtains for this thread

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #663 on: April 5, 2019, 10:55:02 am »
If you lot keep going with these cheesy posts it'll be curtains for this thread

Rinse and repeat....I agree serial offenders should face a 'permanent' ban' though I am 'partly' to blame I suppose.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: April 5, 2019, 03:54:59 pm »
Rinse and repeat....I agree serial offenders should face a 'permanent' ban' though I am 'partly' to blame I suppose.
You say rinse and repeat?

Reminded me of me nan's blue rinse...

Another way of describing another defeat to the Ev.

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #665 on: April 5, 2019, 04:57:22 pm »
You say rinse and repeat?

Reminded me of me nan's blue rinse...

Another way of describing another defeat to the Ev.

its a poor 'hair' joke I'm afraid!

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #666 on: April 7, 2019, 07:36:51 pm »
One dreads the alternative.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: April 14, 2019, 11:44:35 am »
Gerrard's son is already showing some talent at almost 2 years of age! ;D

https://www.instagram.com/stevengerrard/p/BwM-GS3n1RT/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=46awr92xcx5v

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: April 14, 2019, 01:27:16 pm »
One dreads the alternative.
You need to cut comments like that out otherwise we won't get any extensions on our time here

Offline DadsRedArmy

• from Thetford
  • Anny Roader
  • Top 2 this season
« Reply #669 on: April 16, 2019, 04:35:27 pm »
You need to cut comments like that out otherwise we won't get any extensions on our time here

Extensions.. That's not very Slick is it  ;)

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: April 16, 2019, 05:07:35 pm »
Extensions.. That's not very Slick is it  ;)
No need to be spikey!

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #671 on: April 16, 2019, 05:51:08 pm »
This thread is losing the... thread...

A prospect I dread...

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #672 on: April 16, 2019, 06:22:13 pm »
We need to Weave Gerrard's playing and management back into the conversation. Like, start talking about how well he played in his Pomp(adour). Anything else is just water off a Duck's Arse. For example, would he be able to play in a Klopp team that plays the defenders so High and Tight?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: April 16, 2019, 06:32:02 pm »
 :lmao

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #674 on: April 16, 2019, 06:34:30 pm »
Be the perfect gel in our current midfield!

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: April 16, 2019, 06:36:37 pm »
Yeah, would love seeing him bang(s) them in again from just outside the box!

A cut above the rest of our current midfielders in terms of shooting.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: April 17, 2019, 01:18:17 am »
Yeah, would love seeing him bang(s) them in again from just outside the box!

A cut above the rest of our current midfielders in terms of shooting.

To be fair to our midfielders, he's a cut above the vast majority of sides current midfielders in terms of shooting haha

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: April 17, 2019, 03:41:50 am »
If we had him in his pomp in this side I'd wager we'd be the team backed to do the quadruple.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: April 17, 2019, 01:35:54 pm »
Is there any truth in the rumour that Stevie's gait, with his trademark shoulders slightly hunched and rolled forward, was because he had a short back...and sides?

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #679 on: April 17, 2019, 02:50:23 pm »
Been through this thread with a fine tooth comb....haha great stuff!