Author Topic: UFC/MMA thread  (Read 1891799 times)

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: UFC/MMA thread
« Reply #30880 on: February 18, 2024, 06:13:15 am »
That’s two bad knockouts in 4 months now. I think Volk needs to take some time off evaluate if it’s worth coming back. The odds of him getting back the title at his age are pretty slim so you have to question whether it’s worth continuing to fight.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #30881 on: February 18, 2024, 07:10:21 am »
in other news, they announced Pereira vs Hill for the UFC 300 main event. Weak

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30882 on: February 18, 2024, 09:29:53 am »
Well that was shit, everyone I wanted to win lost ;D Fair play to Topuria, did a lot of talking pre-fight but delivered on all of it. People really once thought Pimblett would give him problems :lmao

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #30883 on: February 18, 2024, 11:18:23 am »
Blimey. Just watched it.😮

The speed and power.

The real deal and no mistake.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #30884 on: February 25, 2024, 12:08:30 pm »
Fantastic performance by Ortega.....don't know how the fuck he got through that 1st round...but grew stronger and more savage from then on... terrific submission 💪🤟
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #30885 on: February 26, 2024, 04:32:13 am »
Fantastic performance by Ortega.....don't know how the fuck he got through that 1st round...but grew stronger and more savage from then on... terrific submission 💪🤟

Rodriguez made a big mistake in latter half of the first round when he was trying to finish Ortega.

When Ortega pulled guard he should have let him stand up - instead he tried to do take the fight to the ground and couldn't get the job done.

Ortega made it through the round and re-composed himself and got the job done rounds 2 & 3.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #30886 on: March 8, 2024, 09:21:02 pm »
Man alive.....insane card for 299 tomorrow night....showstoppers even in the prelims!....but The Diamond v Saint Denis in particular promises to be a classic.....cant wait

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30887 on: March 9, 2024, 01:51:32 am »
Brilliantly stacked card, can’t wait. No doubt O’ Malley and Poirier will be chasing redemption, fancy both of them to win.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30888 on: March 10, 2024, 03:15:33 am »
Anybody got a link?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline lfcthekop

• knows how to inbed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30890 on: March 10, 2024, 04:59:36 am »
Mvp is an awkward fighter , the distance he can close  in lightning speed is quite amazing, in and out like a flash.  a sniper.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30891 on: March 10, 2024, 05:27:12 am »
That was some knock out.

And here’s trump

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #30893 on: March 10, 2024, 01:25:28 pm »
Superb night.....terrific atmosphere....main event an absolute banger - great defence by O'Malley, the best I've ever seen him ..and fuck me Vera has some chin....Poirier an absolute stud (again) ....and Petr Yan showing he's still Cossack tough ....the whole card really delivered - helped to get that Saudi pantomime stink out the room...hats off

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #30894 on: March 10, 2024, 02:30:06 pm »
Saint Denis is a bit mad isn’t he. Just relentless attack, maybe realised Poirier would outbox him easily if he didn’t.

Page is going to annoy some people in the division with his style and taunting!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30895 on: April 6, 2024, 08:50:09 pm »
https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1776697808390611264

UFC heavyweight champion Jon Jones has been summoned to court following allegations he verbally threatened to kill a female anti-doping officer in Albuquerque.

In a police department report seen by the BBC, the complainant said Jones was intoxicated, threatened to kill her and took her phone after he was asked to give a urine sample in the presence of two anti-doping officers.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30896 on: April 7, 2024, 11:04:53 pm »
Why must God test Jon so much 

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #30897 on: April 8, 2024, 11:14:25 am »
Cant stand the cnut....they should confirm Aspinal as the current champ at 265 and get the scumbag off the roster....

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #30898 on: April 12, 2024, 10:43:08 am »
The big one this weekend!

Alex Pereira vs Jamahal Hill - light heavyweight title
Zhang Weili vs Yan Xiaonan - women's strawweight title
Justin Gaethje vs Max Holloway - "BMF" title
Arman Tsarukyan vs. Charles Oliveira
Bo Nickal vs. Cody Brundage
Aleksandar Rakic vs Jiri Prochazka
Aljamain Sterling vs Calvin Kattar
Kayla Harrison vs Holly Holm
Diego Lopes vs Sodiq Yusuff
Jalin Turner vs Renato Moicano
Marina Rodriguez vs Jessica Andrade
Bobby Green vs Jim Miller
Deiveson Figueiredo  vs Cody Garbrandt

something for everyone there I think.....hopefully lives up to the hype

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30899 on: April 14, 2024, 05:08:54 am »
Hollway knocks out Gaethje on the buzzer. What a brilliant fight from Max, dominated it and took out Justin in impressive fashion, wow.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #30900 on: April 14, 2024, 05:16:44 am »
Hollway knocks out Gaethje on the buzzer. What a brilliant fight from Max, dominated it and took out Justin in impressive fashion, wow.

I literally gasped out loud. One second left and a shot that dropped Gaethje like he was made of spaghetti. They'll be talking about those last 5 seconds for years to come.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30901 on: April 14, 2024, 05:25:58 am »
I literally gasped out loud. One second left and a shot that dropped Gaethje like he was made of spaghetti. They'll be talking about those last 5 seconds for years to come.
That was amazing, a real bad ass performance from Max.. No way did I see that coming, he dominated the fight and then knocked him out. Made Gaethje look very one dimensional but will be interesting to see how Max fares against the elite wrestlers such as Tuporia and Islam.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30902 on: April 14, 2024, 06:32:47 am »
Pereira is ridiculous, knocks out Jamal Hill in no time. The man is a beast!

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #30903 on: April 14, 2024, 07:28:22 am »
Islam vs Dustin on june 1, and McGregor vs Chandler on June 29 confirmed

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #30904 on: April 14, 2024, 11:57:14 am »

Just finished watching the full card.......man alive what a finish!! 😎...tea and toast everywhere! 😁... incredible...

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30905 on: Today at 12:42:12 am »

Havent watched it back again but it looked like Max says and motions something to him on the ten second marker, almost like a - ‘c’mon, lets slug out the last ten seconds.’ Was just mental and incredible to watch as Max was the clear winner but he just wanted to brawl at the end anyway.