The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

European and World Champion and all round Big Man Joseph Dave Gomez

<< < (1410/1483) > >>

jillc:

--- Quote from: stewy17 on February 29, 2024, 01:53:00 pm ---I love Joe Gomes, I think he's a great player and, a great lad and has been hugely valuable to us this season however I respectfully disagree with your opinion.

--- End quote ---

While its true Dominic started off really well he hasn't kept the standard up to the beginning which is why I would not have him in front of Joe Gomez. It's not unusual for a new player and I think we'll see his true worth after a proper pre-season. You have to take into account how many different positions Joe has played in this season and the fact that he has been consistently good once he's got used to playing there.

MJD-L4:

--- Quote from: ValiantInstance on March  1, 2024, 11:16:54 am ---I have never been so happy to be wrong about a footballer. Genuinely thought his time had been and gone with all the injury problems and that a fresh start was best for all parties. Should never doubt Klopp's judgement.

--- End quote ---

Yep, this! I'd pretty much all but written him off as a top player for us about 12 - 18 months ago. How fucking wrong I was! What a player he is! I'm absolutely delighted for him and so, so glad he's proved me & so many others completely wrong.

stewy17:

--- Quote from: Coolie High on February 29, 2024, 11:47:36 pm ---I would love to hear the argument of Szoboszlai having a better season than Gomez for this team..

--- End quote ---

My main argument would be that he's played better than him and had a more positive, transformational impact on many aspects of the team up to and including shape, mobility, pressing, guile and goals.

As I said, Joe Gomez is great and I am not seeking to put him down but personally, I do not believe he's been close to our best player this season. He has not been our best defender, he's most likely not in our best 11 and in my opinion, there are also a goalkeeper, midfielders and forwards ahead of him. What a lovely thing to have so many great footballers playing for us.

RyanBabel19:
Neither have been our player of the season IMO but has Gomez had a bad game? Love Szoboszlai but he had a few poor games on the bounce, most likely due to tiredness but still

Coolie High:

--- Quote from: RyanBabel19 on March  1, 2024, 09:09:22 pm ---Neither have been our player of the season IMO but has Gomez had a bad game? Love Szoboszlai but he had a few poor games on the bounce, most likely due to tiredness but still

--- End quote ---

Exactly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version