The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

European and World Champion and all round Big Man Joseph Dave Gomez

<< < (3/1455) > >>

Kopenhagen:

--- Quote from: ThePeetmix on July 15, 2015, 10:57:41 pm ---That's unlikely to happen as we have lots of competition for place there. Right now, he's probably the 2nd best right back at the club.

--- End quote ---

I guess it depends on what we see as better for his development: staying around the first-team, getting acclimatized to the Club, and playing the odd game at RB in the EL & domestic cups; or going out on loan and getting starting time in his favoured position, centre half. He's definitely a PL-level RB from what I saw last night and certainly wouldn't look out of place with the first team. However, Wisdom getting a new deal makes me think we might put him there for the time being, even if he didn't play RB last night.

xbugawugax:

--- Quote from: ThePeetmix on July 15, 2015, 10:57:41 pm ---That's unlikely to happen as we have lots of competition for place there. Right now, he's probably the 2nd best right back at the club.

--- End quote ---

have you forgotten about Flanagan? Wisdom might play there as well but its up to Jomez to prove his worth there. Rodgers like players who performs and not shy of dropping under performing players. I guess we might wait for Flanno to return before flogging him off on loan as a back up for the defence.

ThePeetmix:

--- Quote from: xbugawugax on July 16, 2015, 01:50:55 am ---have you forgotten about Flanagan? Wisdom might play there as well but its up to Jomez to prove his worth there. Rodgers like players who performs and not shy of dropping under performing players. I guess we might wait for Flanno to return before flogging him off on loan as a back up for the defence.

--- End quote ---

Nope. Flanno unfortunately can't be considered while under long-term injury. He's more than likely done for a big portion of this season so we can't really consider him a part of the squad right now.

But basically, it looks like our 2nd choice right back will be between Gomez and Wisdom. And I'd rather the best choice be used rather than using the weaker option so the other can develop more.

diegoLFC7:
We should permanently sell Wisdom to West Brom, or whoever wants him. Gomez looks twice the player.

MolbyLovesGravlax:

--- Quote from: diegoLFC7 on July 16, 2015, 02:42:10 am ---We should permanently sell Wisdom to West Brom, or whoever wants him. Gomez looks twice the player.

--- End quote ---

Here's a really great tip. Don't judge a player, good or bad, based off 45 minutes in the first preseason game. Especially don't use it to decide who to sell. Aspas and Alberto looked good in pre-season games.
Be excited by Gomez by all means, but hold off on judgement until he's played just a touch more time against actual opposition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version