Author Topic: Noel White  (Read 1700 times)

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Noel White
« on: July 1, 2019, 05:53:47 pm »
Very sad news.

RIP.

Liverpool Football Club is deeply saddened by the passing of former director and chairman Noel White, aged 89.

A hugely respected figure in the local and national game, White served as a director at Anfield for 21 years after joining the club from Altrincham FC.

Noel had been chairman of the Trafford-based side between 1967 and 1986 and oversaw the most successful spell of the team’s history, before moving on to Merseyside and a new chapter with Liverpool.

He spent two decades on the Liverpool board, until his departure in 2006, and briefly took the role of Reds chairman at the beginning of the 1990s.

It was during that time that White played a key role in the formation of the Premier League as one of the five founding architects before its subsequent launch in 1992.

Noel was also named a Life Vice-President of the Football Association having worked with the organisation for more than 30 years from 1976, including 14 years as the chairman of its International Committee.

His influence and impact on the game in this country was further recognised in 2013 when he was awarded the British Empire Medal for his services to football.

The thoughts of everybody at Liverpool FC are with Noel’s family and friends at this sad time.

RIP Noel White 1929-2019

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/355102-rip-noel-white
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
Re: Noel White
« Reply #1 on: July 1, 2019, 08:40:36 pm »
RIP Mr. White.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 1, 2019, 08:43:10 pm »
RIP to the man.  Hope he was able to enjoy Liverpool's resurgence and victory last month and know the club has been left in good hands.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3 on: July 1, 2019, 11:00:32 pm »
RIP.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #4 on: July 1, 2019, 11:18:51 pm »
A true gentleman and a real old fashioned football man. My friend is heavily involved with Altrincham FC and he told me tonight that Mr White would ring up the club and ASK if he could have a couple of tickets for a home game - despite being Honorary President!

Lovely man

RIP

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 1, 2019, 11:28:21 pm »
RIP Noel
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 1, 2019, 11:34:35 pm »
RIP Noel White

It’s funny how certain images can influenced your perception that you carry in your head forever. In my mind, I equate John Smith to our most successful years and Noel White with our darkest years because of 2 images. One of him sitting next to Kenny when Kenny announced his resignation. Two of him announcing Graeme Souness appointment as manager
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #7 on: July 2, 2019, 09:22:34 am »
RIP Mr.White, a true servant to the club and the game in general.

97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!