Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2002304 times)

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #10200 on: December 4, 2019, 10:23:44 pm »
He killed that guy on the 5th. Killed him dead.

Offline Escorcio

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10201 on: December 4, 2019, 10:24:13 pm »
RACIST ELASTICO

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #10202 on: December 4, 2019, 10:24:26 pm »
You just have to laugh

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #10203 on: December 4, 2019, 10:25:25 pm »
Filth for the fifth
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #10204 on: December 4, 2019, 10:32:34 pm »
The fact that it was that coward Holgate made it sweeter.

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #10205 on: December 4, 2019, 11:31:52 pm »
Would have been extra sweet for Firmino given the needless ordeal he had to go through

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10206 on: December 4, 2019, 11:32:55 pm »
That bit for Gini's goal was just plain outrageous, but something I can watch over and over again.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10207 on: December 4, 2019, 11:34:46 pm »
No look assist.

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #10208 on: December 4, 2019, 11:39:58 pm »
Loved him stopping when it went in going "That was all me though, yeah? See that?"
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10209 on: December 5, 2019, 12:55:48 am »
Damn!  Comes in for a few minutes and bang!  An assist!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Red Giant

• da red giant asshole
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #10210 on: December 5, 2019, 01:17:44 am »
Hes got peripheral vision this bug eyed fuck  ;D

(shamelesly stolen from ozzy man talking about Ozil)

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10211 on: December 6, 2019, 08:33:30 am »
I didn’t notice it at the time, but he made his regular no-look trick for the 5th goal, for the assist this time.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AnfieldAgenda/status/1202704284342767616

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10212 on: December 6, 2019, 08:44:33 am »
I didn’t notice it at the time, but he made his regular no-look trick for the 5th goal, for the assist this time.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AnfieldAgenda/status/1202704284342767616

Ha ha - sends them all for the Echo :D

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #10213 on: December 6, 2019, 11:40:39 am »
I didn't see bobby's assist. I can't be blamed, neither did Bobby.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #10214 on: December 10, 2019, 08:25:44 pm »
Great in the second half when one of their lads was bundling his way through the box about to shoot and Bobby arrives to nick the ball off his toe.  ;D
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #10215 on: December 10, 2019, 08:28:10 pm »
Today performance really sums up Firmino. Subtle, but one of the best players on the pitch.

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #10216 on: December 10, 2019, 11:14:00 pm »
Think he was off the boil a bit...some heavy touches, etc

Being so important to our play, maybe with our new found rotation, need to reduce his workload slightly to keep him fresh and sharp.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10217 on: December 10, 2019, 11:40:48 pm »
For me he's either carrying an injury or two years of non-stop football have caught up with him a little. Still does a good job for the team though even if he's not quite firing on all cylinders.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10218 on: December 11, 2019, 12:35:59 am »
For me he's either carrying an injury or two years of non-stop football have caught up with him a little. Still does a good job for the team though even if he's not quite firing on all cylinders.

There is something slightly off (finishing wise) I think as well. However, apart from a couple of bad touches he was superb tonight, played as a midfielder, an attacking midfielder, a number ten and a number nine. Defended allover the park. He's some player is Bobby.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10219 on: December 11, 2019, 01:28:48 am »
He's leading this side with the most amount of assists [8].  He isn't going to score many in his role, and he doesn't have to, but he still knows when to score important goals.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10220 on: December 11, 2019, 08:55:21 am »
Think he was off the boil a bit...some heavy touches, etc
In the first half yes, but he was excellent in the second. Kept hold of the ball, played almost like Alonso at times but higher up the pitch, making sure we controlled the tempo of the game. Great defensive work as well, as per usual.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10221 on: December 11, 2019, 08:58:16 am »
Pretty sure he'll be rested for Saturday with Origi back in.

He's dropped quite a bit deeper recently.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #10222 on: December 11, 2019, 09:20:13 am »
He's leading this side with the most amount of assists [8].  He isn't going to score many in his role, and he doesn't have to, but he still knows when to score important goals.

He's scored two of his ten big chances this season. No one expects him to be as prolific as Salah or Mané, but I think the lack of improvement in that area of his game over the years is a little disappointing.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10223 on: December 11, 2019, 09:22:00 am »
Bobby loves the sunshine. Push him out into the sun in Qatar and he'll be recharged again.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10224 on: December 11, 2019, 09:52:51 am »
He's scored two of his ten big chances this season. No one expects him to be as prolific as Salah or Mané, but I think the lack of improvement in that area of his game over the years is a little disappointing.

I do hear that, and I agree that he should be scoring more, but this is not really borne out by the results we have achieved this season so far. So when I say he should be scoring more, I am more thinking his own personal ledger (4 in 24) cos the team is doing just fine with his current goal involvements. Cant think of anyone else that would be so in tandem with our two wing kings

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10225 on: December 11, 2019, 09:59:44 am »

I'm not sure finishing ever really 'improves', that ice cold killer instinct of a pure finisher is usually there at 20 years of age in my opinion. A Torres, Fowler, Van Nistelrooy, even an Owen type it's just there from the off in my opinion, it almost can't be taught.

Bobby loves the sunshine. Push him out into the sun in Qatar and he'll be recharged again.

As mad as it sounds, I agree with this.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10226 on: December 11, 2019, 10:13:34 am »
I'm not sure finishing ever really 'improves', that ice cold killer instinct of a pure finisher is usually there at 20 years of age in my opinion. A Torres, Fowler, Van Nistelrooy, even an Owen type it's just there from the off in my opinion, it almost can't be taught.

As mad as it sounds, I agree with this.

I'm not sure I agree with that. Look at someone like Kane. Guy was a donkey at some shite clubs and then with patience and nurturing turned into a monster. Christiano Ronaldo as well. I'm sure there are other examples

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10227 on: December 11, 2019, 10:14:10 am »

It is with some players, but others improve as they mature and train on it. I think we have seen Mané improve in front of goal throughout his time with us (although I don't think his conversion rate is as high as last season, but that's probably variance and the old 'regression to the mean').

For me it's little details which can make a big difference. His one-on-one at Palace when we were winning 1-0 for example: he goes with the outside of his foot, which gives Guaita a chance, whereas if he more conventionally used his instep he could have curled it around him.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10228 on: December 11, 2019, 10:18:38 am »
I'm not sure I agree with that. Look at someone like Kane. Guy was a donkey at some shite clubs and then with patience and nurturing turned into a monster. Christiano Ronaldo as well. I'm sure there are other examples

Ronaldo's a very good example that definitely contradicts that thought. Not as sure about Kane though, and though it's 2 sides of the same coin I'd say Kane's amazing ability tends more towards being right place right time [a fine art in itself] rather than pure 'finishing'. A relative of mine was working at Spurs for a while when Kane was coming through and said his work rate/willingness to improve was crazy though, to the point of being a bit of a teachers pet....not a shock is it!

3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10229 on: December 11, 2019, 02:34:23 pm »
Ronaldo's a very good example that definitely contradicts that thought. Not as sure about Kane though, and though it's 2 sides of the same coin I'd say Kane's amazing ability tends more towards being right place right time [a fine art in itself] rather than pure 'finishing'. A relative of mine was working at Spurs for a while when Kane was coming through and said his work rate/willingness to improve was crazy though, to the point of being a bit of a teachers pet....not a shock is it!

Being in the right place at the right time is actually the most important thing, I'm sure Bobby would score more if he had the luxury to always be at the end of chances, instead his busy playing number 9, number 10, CM and DM all in one game, to our benefit as well, to compare him to someone like Bergkamp after 1999/2000 his goal scoring completely fell off the cliff, didn't matter though cause he did everything so well, and had Henry Pires and Ljunberg to supplement him.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10230 on: December 11, 2019, 02:36:08 pm »
Being in the right place at the right time is actually the most important thing, I'm sure Bobby would score more if he had the luxury to always be at the end of chances, instead his busy playing number 9, number 10, CM and DM all in one game, to our benefit as well, to compare him to someone like Bergkamp after 1999/2000 his goal scoring completely fell off the cliff, didn't matter though cause he did everything so well, and had Henry Pires and Ljunberg to supplement him.

Well said Mr. Wilson  ;D

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10231 on: December 11, 2019, 02:42:58 pm »

Do not disagree. It may just do the trick. Bobby is not inconsistent but you know that he will hit a few patches in a season when he is unplayable. He will be fine
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10232 on: December 11, 2019, 02:49:55 pm »

Chances are still falling Firmino's way though; like I said, he's missed 8/10 of his 'big chances' this season. (How that is measured, exactly, I don't know. I'm guessing a chance above a certain xG? Maybe 0.2?)

The Bergkamp comparison is a good one because Firmino reminds me of him in many ways, but Bergkamp's goalscoring fell off because he got old, too. He was 30/31 by 1999/00. Firmino has only just turned 28.

His finishing always seems better when it's instinct and he has to act quickly, which suggests there's work which could be done to improve his one-on-one situations when he has time.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10233 on: December 14, 2019, 02:48:42 pm »
His touches are a bit off, but dont think he was to bad against Salzburg. Hopefully he will benefit from the warm climate coming up

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #10234 on: December 14, 2019, 02:50:56 pm »
Yeah he's not been on it lately, still puts a shift in but feels like he could maybe do with a game or two off.  With Minamino coming in that'll hopefully help.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10235 on: December 14, 2019, 02:51:25 pm »
Not in form at all.

Probably the worst game I've seen him play.... which means he'll be on the up soon :)

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10236 on: December 14, 2019, 02:51:38 pm »
He seems to have been well out of form for a long time now. That's not to say he can't still pull off occasional tricks and flicks, but so much seems to go astray with him at present. Luckily, we're still winning anyway, but Bobby back to his best would be very helpful soon.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10237 on: December 14, 2019, 02:52:34 pm »
I would love to see Big Div get a run for a game or two, give Bobby a bit of a rest he's just looking a bit off at the moment. Don't think its anything to worry about though, he's played a lot recently.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10238 on: December 14, 2019, 02:52:54 pm »
Can't see Minamino getting v. close to the starting lineup except for perhaps the FA cup for a while. We all know how Klopp beds in new players. Firmino's pass to Mane today for the first was oh so very lovely.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10239 on: December 14, 2019, 02:54:35 pm »
I would love to see Big Div get a run for a game or two, give Bobby a bit of a rest he's just looking a bit off at the moment. Don't think its anything to worry about though, he's played a lot recently.
Yeah Origi deserves a run I reckon