Author Topic: Happy Heavenly Birthday shanklyboy  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Happy Heavenly Birthday shanklyboy
« on: November 12, 2022, 08:18:43 pm »
Happy Heavenly 64th, Ray.
Missed by us all.

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You will look down and the tea will be gone.
Re: Happy Heavenly Birthday shanklyboy
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 08:21:04 pm »
How great his posts were. Never knew him, but loved his posts. Loved the auld arse thread when it was on the main board. Happy birthday.
All around you walls are tumbling down. Stop staring at the ground.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 08:57:11 pm »
Happy Birthday. Wherever you are, it's got to be better than this place is right now!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 09:25:25 pm »
Ah, sad that, RIP Ray.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, 09:45:02 pm »
RIP :(
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2022, 10:46:00 pm »
Didn't realise he'd passed away. Used to love reading his posts back when I first joined RAWK in 2008.

Fat Scouser is another one I greatly miss. Hope he's still out there fighting the good fight.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2022, 01:58:11 am »
Didn't realise he'd passed away. Used to love reading his posts back when I first joined RAWK in 2008.

Fat Scouser is another one I greatly miss. Hope he's still out there fighting the good fight.
A few of us have tried to locate Fat Scouser, but no joy as yet.

Ray (shanklyboy) sadly passed away early 2011.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=269958.msg8078216#msg8078216
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 02:02:31 am by Terry de Niro »

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2022, 07:10:44 am »

Good memories of Ray - rest on in your peace comrade. Leo is still around last I heard from him some months ago now and yes, he was still fighting the good fight and still as witty as ever.

There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2022, 09:37:41 am »
Good memories of Ray - rest on in your peace comrade. Leo is still around last I heard from him some months ago now and yes, he was still fighting the good fight and still as witty as ever.

Good news about Leo. We've all been wondering about him. Cheers Johnno

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2022, 10:12:29 am »
RIP Ray. Far too young.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2022, 09:51:18 pm »

RIP Ray.

Loved reading his posts and interactions with others on here :)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2022, 10:01:37 pm »

Thanks for sharing, mate. Glad Leo is still alive and kicking.

I should probably take this to the inactive posters thread. But is Vicgill still out there as well? Another fave poster. I think he was of the same generation as my dad. I often used to read his and FS' posts reminiscing about the old days on the Kop to him off here.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2022, 08:28:49 am »
Thanks for sharing, mate. Glad Leo is still alive and kicking.

I should probably take this to the inactive posters thread. But is Vicgill still out there as well? Another fave poster. I think he was of the same generation as my dad. I often used to read his and FS' posts reminiscing about the old days on the Kop to him off here.

Last I heard, Vic had been not too well. Leo (FS) used to be the conduit that info got to us about how Vic was. Wish someone could find out.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2022, 12:35:13 pm »
Last I heard, Vic had been not too well. Leo (FS) used to be the conduit that info got to us about how Vic was. Wish someone could find out.

Vic’s nephew used to post on here (The Bill Hocks Appreciation Society), but not sure if anyone is still in touch with him via other means.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2022, 01:11:42 pm »
Vic’s nephew used to post on here (The Bill Hocks Appreciation Society), but not sure if anyone is still in touch with him via other means.
I'm in touch with him via facebook. I'll drop him a message.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2022, 01:42:45 pm »
Thanks lads. Fingers crossed.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2022, 02:01:42 pm »
Been in touch with Vic's Daughter, Karen and she told me that he has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. And said that sometimes he's more lucid than others.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2022, 03:25:52 pm »
Been in touch with Vic's Daughter, Karen and she told me that he has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. And said that sometimes he's more lucid than others.

Ah that is very hard to hear. It's a cruel disease. Best wishes to his family. He'll always be a RAWK legend.

Thanks for the update, mate.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2022, 10:27:37 am »

That's sad news Terry although not wholly unexpected based on what Leo told me last time we were in touch a few months back.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2022, 05:09:05 am »
I was reading some old posts in the Auld Arses thread other night and I was wondering how Vic and quite a few others where doing...Sad to hear Vic has the Aultimers theres a lot of good memories he's losing there :(
I knew he played a bit and it's becoming quite common among ex players of a certain age.
What a life he's had though eh.

That's sad news Terry although not wholly unexpected based on what Leo told me last time we were in touch a few months back.
Speaking of which I'm glad to hear FS was alright last you checked, it was him who got me on here in the first place and when I did sign up, he'd gotten himself banned for calling someone a nonce  ;D ...Tempus fugit.   

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2022, 08:47:57 am »
Star man Leo always says it as he sees and FEELS it. Happy New Year to all the auld arses and let's get these murdering Tories AND some of the blue-noses in today's Labour ranks gone for good!!

My birthday's today 77 Nowt to do with me  o' course - I just  arrived last day of 1945 - where have all the years gone I wonder ? Warra bastard eh??  ;D ;D

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2022, 12:50:55 pm »
Star man Leo always says it as he sees and FEELS it. Happy New Year to all the auld arses and let's get these murdering Tories AND some of the blue-noses in today's Labour ranks gone for good!!

My birthday's today 77 Nowt to do with me  o' course - I just  arrived last day of 1945 - where have all the years gone I wonder ? Warra bastard eh??  ;D ;D

Happy birthday and a happy new year Johnno 

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 1, 2023, 03:31:13 pm »
Happy birthday and a happy new year Johnno 

Cheers Terry and right back at you mate!!