Author Topic: What is a Modern Alpha Male? (Serious Discussion)  (Read 987 times)

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
What is a Modern Alpha Male? (Serious Discussion)
« on: February 20, 2018, 07:01:02 pm »
Hey guys

I know at times i get a lot of flak for my sources of information, particularly Egyptian sand structures. But I want to have a serious discussion, about something that I ponder pretty much every time i'm in a situation with challenges.

With the more openness about discussing mental health, there is now less shame by men to talk about their feelings. I remember watching in 2008 a documentary on LFC TV about fans stories about great European nights, and particularly football fandom. One of the people on that show, (forgive me i don't remember his name) talked about how if he said to his brother he loved him, his response would be "less of that la" but it was okay to express your love for your team or a football idol.

This is mainly attached to a caveman ideology that men HAVE to be tough. And that not talking about feelings and having - muscles, cars, status, power and money are symbols of alpha.

I don't believe that. When I think of alpha, I think of Rafa Benitez. Someone who has been through hardship, but always kept fighting and despite moving to several jobs, never sold his family home in Liverpool, as his daughter's stability triumphs him being alone in Naples in a flat.

Another person I think is alpha is a man called James Marshall. He is a life-coach, who has lived in various countries, and does various social freedom exercises, like dancing in the street. As he feels, that to be comfortable as the weirdo, is the only way to be comfortable as the boss, the cool guy etc. This was done without cars, expensive clothes etc. He went from a bullied kid in high school, to CEO of The Natural Lifestyles.

Here is some context on what I am talking about. A six minute video on The Modern Alpha Male.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hN-25Osr10

Liam McRae also talks about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVYeA-YL2Ag

He talks about how he went to an event called Menergy, where men were taught to express their feelings. He also talked about how the pros and cons of different archetypes.

We here on Rawk are of different ages, shapes, sizes and cultures. We have different beliefs. What do you guys think an alpha is, based on what you see now, and what you thought when you were younger?

Were all football fans, and are around men quite a lot. What sort of behaviours do you see? And are they helpful?

We are living in an age, where men are more free than ever to be any type of archetype they want. Let's remember the beauty of that when discussing this.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 07:05:13 pm by Andy Hunter »
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: What is a Modern Alpha Male? (Serious Discussion)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 07:40:32 pm »
 No disrespect, but I don’t care.

I’m me, I wil try to be the best me I can be.  I will try and do it in a way that suits me.

Someone’s gender is irrelevant.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 10:27:47 pm »
Just saw the other videos by James Marshall. What a scumbag.

"This is the release of James Marshall’s book - A Natural History: The Seduction Journals of James Marshall. It serves as a comprehensive blueprint to natural seduction and lifestyle design. In his book, James takes you through his beginnings to epic seductions, and how he tested the extreme possibilities in sex, seduction, and lifestyle.

This book is intended for men who want to discover the insights, secrets, and confessions of a pure abundance lifestyle, and choice in your female relationships.

The introductory 7-day offer includes his ebook and the 3-month online course - The 6 Phases of the Seducer's Cycle. The online course functions as an actionable follow up game plan. It is intended to help you create your own long-term seduction journey and consist of strategies and mindsets to prepare you for success with women."
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 10:33:51 pm »
Locked.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.