Author Topic: What's on Your Bucket List?  (Read 7244 times)

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Re: What's on Your Bucket List?
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2015, 08:21:50 pm »
Ha ha! Is the only reason you like her on top so you can read the instruction manual on the ceiling?  ;D
I'm watching a dvd for tips.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2015, 08:22:07 pm »
Be a RAWK mod for a day.
You've got more chance of becoming the Pope.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2015, 08:25:30 pm »
I can't believe nobody has said a threesome yet.
A threesome or a spitroast?

You've got more chance of becoming the Pope.
Was worth a bash  :D

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2015, 03:56:55 pm »
Fucking big quim Dave. It's like having a load of pans in the hob while you're making a scran. Keep stirring them all, some fast and some slow, and remember to have a quick taste every now and again.

:lmao
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
Bucket List
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2016, 01:57:55 pm »
Name 5 things you have done. Name 5 things you want to...

DONE
1. Season ticket holder standing on the Kop
2. Moved and lived in London then Australia
3. Become a father
4. Went on a helicopter
5. Scuba dived the Great Barrier Reef

NOT DONE
1. Sky dive
2. European night at anfield
3. Fat Duck
4. Charity work
5. Go to India

"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Re: Bucket List
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2016, 04:46:38 pm »
1. Became a father (4 kids)
2. Went to my first Liverpool game (away)
3. Went to Anfield

Stumped. I've not lived have I. Fuck. *going to the Struggling with depression thread*
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2016, 04:54:04 pm »
1. Made sure I never become one of those swim with dolphins c*nts.

Done.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2016, 04:55:03 pm »
1. Made sure I never become one of those swim with dolphins c*nts.

Done.

Robin Williams swam with Dolphins, did a whole documentary on it, fascinating and funny at the same time.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2016, 05:11:19 pm »
Robin Williams swam with Dolphins, did a whole documentary on it, fascinating and funny at the same time.

I'm messing (a bit), I know some people genuinely get into it.

'Dolphins' by Fred Neil is one of my favourite songs ever, he sacked off his excellent music career to go and work in a dolphin sanctuary, that's commitment.

Most people just turn up, bother the Dolphins for an hour and then fuck off, glad it's ticked off and never think about it again.

The dolphins themselves probably just find it annoying that these gap yah bells turn up to tickle them and then fuck off again, not like the captive dolphins see the profit from it. Lots of sea life type centres also seem to have very dubious ethical practices with regards to welfare.

Not into bucket lists as a whole, makes you feel like a tit for not having done all these pre-decided 'awesome' things, like you have to want to do it or you're not living your life to the full. Horseshit IMO. So Groundskeeper Willie, you have lived mate and don't let anyone say otherwise! Also loads of them involve lots of money to do, any millionaire could probably tick it off in a week, doesn't make them better than anybody.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2016, 05:30:06 pm »
I don't really have a bucket list, I guess the closest I have are that I want to learn a second language and visit at least three or four other countries at some point (I've only been abroad once, to Germany).

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2016, 05:55:22 pm »
Done.

1. Have four children who still enjoy seeing me even though they're in their late twenties and thirties. (This might change when I become incontinent!)
2. Lived and worked in a foreign country for more than five years.
3. Learnt another language.
4. Visited the temples and ruins in Petra.
5. Had my own business.

Not Done.

1. Would like to have sex
2. One more time
3. With a human being
4. Instead of sheep.
5. Take a trip down the Amazon River.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2016, 06:02:38 pm »
I'm messing (a bit), I know some people genuinely get into it.

'Dolphins' by Fred Neil is one of my favourite songs ever, he sacked off his excellent music career to go and work in a dolphin sanctuary, that's commitment.

Most people just turn up, bother the Dolphins for an hour and then fuck off, glad it's ticked off and never think about it again.

The dolphins themselves probably just find it annoying that these gap yah bells turn up to tickle them and then fuck off again, not like the captive dolphins see the profit from it. Lots of sea life type centres also seem to have very dubious ethical practices with regards to welfare.

Not into bucket lists as a whole, makes you feel like a tit for not having done all these pre-decided 'awesome' things, like you have to want to do it or you're not living your life to the full. Horseshit IMO. So Groundskeeper Willie, you have lived mate and don't let anyone say otherwise! Also loads of them involve lots of money to do, any millionaire could probably tick it off in a week, doesn't make them better than anybody.

You should watch the documentary with Robin Williams , it's hilarious. The dolphin basically rams straight into him and he like "oooooofff, fuck, I think i'm the only person in the world to piss off a dolphin"

I don't do bucket lists either, lots of things i'd like to do though.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2016, 06:09:47 pm »

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2016, 09:12:37 pm »
Watch Liverpool play Barcelona at the Nou Camp (some of the old schoolers on here will know why that's on there)
Watch an Ashes test in Australia
Watch an NFL match in America
Run a marathon

That's it for the moment, I'm relatively easily pleased.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2016, 09:26:46 pm »

Try opiates... just once...

That was on my bucket list once.  But believe me, it may not just be once if you do try them...  :-X
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2016, 09:30:05 pm »
What about an upside down bucket list:

Never have a tattoo.

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Your Ultimate Adventure
« Reply #56 on: July 3, 2017, 04:34:34 pm »
Any bucket list trip still on your radar, an adventure of sorts that you thought about in your teens, 20s or for me mid 40s. No matter what generation you are from there is still something you want to do before the body or mind is no longer willing or marriage & family take away the leisure time you currently have Or you wait for the next college year to start. Of course that was an "issue" for me as had feck all money when I was a student but little did I realize you can see the next town, county, city or country on just your wits alone virtually as some backpackers seem to thrive on just a few quid in their pockets.

Closer to 50 than 40 now, seriously one second I was leaving college for the States (an adventure in itself) and the next I am back home 20 years later taking care of my elderly Mum. They always say life is full of regret as no matter who you are there is an opportunity or a dozen that go a begging. The What Ifs are the only certainties of life it seems as we all could have taken different paths. Still can of course which led me to thinking what wee adventure would keep me up at night as I plan the details to make it happen. Responsibilities to my Mum still hold me in check somewhat but still hope to start planning a wee adventure to the foothills of the Himalayas.

Do you have goals in life where you get a  "Don't be silly" response if a love one was told? I'm getting a wee tired of the mundaneness of day to day life and started to learn Spanish. The day where I will be just responsible for myself is not far away unfortunately and that day will lead to more paths in front of me. The Himalayas...live in a foreign country for a couple of months between work contracts....open up a wee café in a central American country. These Don't be Silly ideas surely should be why the feck not ideas....No?
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Re: Your Ultimate Adventure
« Reply #57 on: July 3, 2017, 04:42:09 pm »
You're a cyclist...need I say more.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #58 on: July 3, 2017, 04:45:43 pm »
Adventure while my legs are still going strong is probably Zion national park, I've become obsessed with that place and wanna visit/hike there so bad. And some other places not far away like Bryce, Grand Canyon etc while I'm over there.

My "dream" is travelling South America. I've been even more obsessed with that since a child mainly because the football fans fascinated me then I learned more about the countries after that. But I'm kinda putting it off as a save the best to last kinda thing (and family problems, cancer and other shit have stopped me previously), once you've been you cant get the first time magic back! So I just got a 1 year Aus visa, and will do that after seeing Laos, Vietnam etc first later this year. And maybe SA in 2019.

I get some funny comments/convos from people/family because I hate the 9-5 shit and absolutely dont want kids so I'm a bit different to what most deem "normal" or what society wants for me but I love my life and there is no rulebook on how to live!  8)

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #59 on: July 3, 2017, 04:48:58 pm »
I'm 41 and I have 3 main things that I want to do when my kids are old enough to do their own thing:

I want to go round the whole of South America for a couple of months. Always loved everything about South America (more specifically the women and the football teams) and my other half is half colombian so I have a vague connection!

Would love to brave a Boca/River game and watch a Brazil v Argentina match and just see all the lesser known areas of South America.

Second one is to drive across America and take in all the little towns en route. Was due to get married in 2005 and that was our honeymoon but it never happened but I have to do it one day (especially as I have never been to America)

The final one is to go back to Australia. I was there for 6 months in 2003 and did Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne but would love to do the coastal drive to Adelaide and see the places that I never saw the first time round plus go back to Darling Harbour which I loved.

Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #60 on: July 3, 2017, 07:10:25 pm »
You will probably get murdered
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #61 on: July 3, 2017, 08:23:32 pm »

Nah, Darling Harbour's cleaned up its act in recent years.

Offline fiveways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #62 on: July 4, 2017, 08:35:19 am »
When i was young, trying to escape from the Glass & Mirror Maze in Southport Funfair by the marine lake was an adventure - use to scare the shit out of me!

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #63 on: July 4, 2017, 10:44:58 am »

That's the spirit  :wave
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: July 4, 2017, 11:11:51 am »
Retrieve a Golden Idol from a booby trapped temple somewhere in deepest darkest Peru, only to get chased by a massive rolling boulder and land in a pit of snakes, before finally securing my escape on a floatplane.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #65 on: July 4, 2017, 11:16:26 am »
Everest. Would be amazing.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #66 on: July 4, 2017, 11:23:38 am »
the amazon
the himalayas
and the great barrier reef
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: July 4, 2017, 01:05:05 pm »
There's a lot of different countries I would love to visit, although lack of funds and being very socially anxious/introverted don't help.

I think if I had to narrow my travels down to regions, I would choose one part of each continent to explore.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: July 7, 2017, 10:33:14 am »
I have no plans to get murdered but if I dont get my Mum her cigs soon then this could be my last post. Money def does limit our options but you search on Youtube and see people surviving in the Far East on $10 a day it seems. Some guy rented a studio in Bangkok for a month at a rate a London hotel will charge you for a night & the place looked gorgeous. The ladyboys on the street outside were probably cheap too lol. I did check out some Everest options already and you can do a 2 week hike around the Annapurna circuit for $1000 or so. That's a package deal so probably could do a solo trip for half that. Very doable.

Yeah Dave every day on a bike is an adventure!!! ;) If the weather behaved itself a wee cycle for a week around the North West coast of Ireland or the Scottish Highlands would be brilliant.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2017, 12:52:02 pm »
Not much really.
I have little interest in traveling as I find it mostly a tedious chore sprinkled with unexpected problems and stupid people - waste of time and money.

I'd like to see my daughter grow up into a lovely lady she is shaping up to be.

I'd like to design a typeface.

I'd like to for once own a fast computer to work on.

Yep, that about covers it.

I think I need to rethink this, that's a very flimsy list.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2017, 01:19:00 pm »
Mountaineering.

Should happen next March in the High Atlas if all goes to plan.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2017, 01:55:16 pm »
Liverpool win the league for the first time in my lifetime. There is a lot of things I want to do in life, but I've craved this for so long it just hurts.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2017, 02:09:04 pm »
Be a RAWK mod for a day.
Good luck with that one pal   :)

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2017, 03:10:02 pm »
Just saw this one....Name 5 things you have done. Name 5 things you want to...Trump dots ;)

DONE
1. Immigrate to the States and lived in that city they named twice.
2. Hike / see the Rockies
3. Grand Canyon
4. Cycled the Ring of Kerry
5. Wake up to a sun rise in Costa Rica

Was never on my bucket list but worth mentioning just for the sake...a threesome.... it was not half as enjoyable as some of my best moments with just one woman.

NOT DONE
1. Himalayas
2. Northern Lights in Iceland
3. Golfing the Old Course at St Andrews with my best mate
4. Live abroad for a wee bit in my 50s and 60s so hopefully I can strike off a few must see countries like New Zealand, Chile, etc
5. Hike the Inca Trail

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2017, 07:07:21 pm »
Just saw this one....Name 5 things you have done. Name 5 things you want to...Trump dots ;)

DONE
1. Immigrate to the States and lived in that city they named twice.
2. Hike / see the Rockies
3. Grand Canyon
4. Cycled the Ring of Kerry
5. Wake up to a sun rise in Costa Rica

Was never on my bucket list but worth mentioning just for the sake...a threesome.... it was not half as enjoyable as some of my best moments with just one woman.

NOT DONE
1. Himalayas
2. Northern Lights in Iceland
3. Golfing the Old Course at St Andrews with my best mate
4. Live abroad for a wee bit in my 50s and 60s so hopefully I can strike off a few must see countries like New Zealand, Chile, etc
5. Hike the Inca Trail

DONE
1. Sky Dive
2. Own a FireBlade and an R1
3. Take up Kendo
4. Visit Orlando
5. Drive a Scania Truck

NOT DONE
1. Learn Spanish (50% fluent now according to Duolingo)
2. Fly in a Helicopter (doing this next year)
3. Fly in a Spitfire
4. Buy a place in Spain and live there when we retire
5. Visit California
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2017, 10:41:05 am »
WISH LIST

> Going to see Dublin win a GAA Final @ Croke Park
> Burning Man Festival
> Owning a 911 from the year I was born
> Having kids ( I'm 48)
> Liverpool winning yet another title
> Going to see Talking Heads in concert
> Driving through Monument Valley
> Being in the National Mall on the day Trump is impeached.
> Doing Kumbh Mela
> Seeing the curve of Earth through my own eyes via some sort of space travel.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2017, 03:06:03 pm »
Burning man festival?? Fuckin hell. Thats unreal
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2017, 03:09:20 pm »
Keep thinking that don’t remember having started this thread!

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2017, 03:19:46 pm »
WISH LIST

> Burning Man Festival

> Having kids ( I'm 48)

> Doing Kumbh Mela

All of these were on my wish list, however:

Burning Man - having talked to people who have been there it sounds like it would be disappointing from my perspective.

Having kids - I'm too old

Kumbh Mela - too many westerners, esp celebs and film crews these days
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "