Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2530344 times)

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
Re: The small things in life that really annoy you
« Reply #19920 on: December 27, 2018, 07:34:04 pm »
Using the word "store" when referring to a shop.  When you get dragged out from in front of the telly by Senior Management/she who must be obeyed/the leader of the opposition to go to the sales you don't go storing do you?  You go shopping.  Storing is what squirrels do with their nuts!

It's a shop not a store.  I imagine every shop has a store, you know, somewhere to keep goods in before they are displayed, but shops are not stores they are shops, places where we, reluctantly or voluntarily, do shopping!

I feel better for that, thank you. :)
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #19921 on: December 27, 2018, 09:17:26 pm »
Nonsensical newspaper headlines. Just saw this beauty on the Echo site:

REVEALED: Skull crack attack bar had 'strong link' to organised gangs

In case you're wondering, a guy had his skull cracked in an attack outside a bar a couple of months ago. Anything significant about the bar, I hear you ask? Well, it's just been REVEALED that the establishment had a 'strong link' to organized gangs.

Yep typical clickbait, like the about a month ago there headline was City Centre In Lockdown After An Attack, when it turned out to be a couple of streets, Bold Street/Slater Street, that were in lockdown, Echo has got a lot worse, & i always avoid any headline with incredible in, you know it's not going to be incredible. :butt
#Sausages

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19922 on: December 27, 2018, 10:56:48 pm »
Using the word "store" when referring to a shop.  When you get dragged out from in front of the telly by Senior Management/she who must be obeyed/the leader of the opposition to go to the sales you don't go storing do you?  You go shopping.  Storing is what squirrels do with their nuts!

It's a shop not a store.  I imagine every shop has a store, you know, somewhere to keep goods in before they are displayed, but shops are not stores they are shops, places where we, reluctantly or voluntarily, do shopping!

I feel better for that, thank you. :)

I fear it's an Americanism I fucking hate them.  You know there are people on here who say period when not referring to a period of time or a ladies menstrual cycle. There are others who say pissed when not referring to drinking to much alcohol.

Gets on my fucking tits.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19923 on: December 28, 2018, 08:57:59 am »
I fear it's an Americanism I fucking hate them.  You know there are people on here who say period when not referring to a period of time or a ladies menstrual cycle. There are others who say pissed when not referring to drinking to much alcohol.

Gets on my fucking tits.

Yep fucking Americanisms invading our language. Pisses me off too, my lads have picked up loads of the shit, I keep correcting them. They will be getting lines if they start to spell things in an American way as well ie incorrectly.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #19924 on: December 28, 2018, 11:59:01 am »
Yep fucking Americanisms invading our language. Pisses me off too, my lads have picked up loads of the shit, I keep correcting them. They will be getting lines if they start to spell things in an American way as well ie incorrectly.

Thank fuck for that, I thought it was only me.

It's even got into literature, I've been reading PG Wodehouse recently and Jeeves actually used the word connexion.  Can you believe it?  It was probably an American publisher adjusting it for the home market but, you can't jerk around with Wodehouse can you?  It's not right.  I was freakin' pissed, looking to go to the store and holler at the sales guy, instead I figured I'd give my self a vacation from stressin' out and I guess I'll just concentrate on this week's soccerball games. 
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19925 on: December 28, 2018, 06:14:42 pm »

It's even got into literature, I've been reading PG Wodehouse recently and Jeeves actually used the word connexion.  Can you believe it?  It was probably an American publisher adjusting it for the home market but, you can't jerk around with Wodehouse can you?  It's not right.  I was freakin' pissed, looking to go to the store and holler at the sales guy, instead I figured I'd give my self a vacation from stressin' out and I guess I'll just concentrate on this week's soccerball games.

One of my pet hates is when they don't use past tense. One that seems to come up a lot is -

"You spit on me" instead of " You spat on me" ones wrong and the second one is right.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19926 on: December 28, 2018, 06:26:01 pm »
The crowd at the Darts.

What a strange bunch they all are, dressing like idiots and singing shit footy songs like 'it's coming home'. If you can't handle your ale don't drink.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19927 on: December 28, 2018, 06:26:18 pm »

Chillax dude.  ;D

Even the BBC are now referring to a group of TV episodes as a season. Dont we call it a series anymore, and thats the BBC.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #19928 on: December 28, 2018, 06:32:37 pm »
The crowd at the Darts.

What a strange bunch they all are, dressing like idiots and singing shit footy songs like 'it's coming home'. If you can't handle your ale don't drink.

They look like that weirdly dressed professional audience To of the Pops had in the mid eighties.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #19929 on: December 28, 2018, 06:34:30 pm »
......connexion...

An interesting one, but apparently Connexion is the English spelling derived from the Latin connexio though it's largely fallen into disuse, while Connection is US English though now is also the common spelling over this side of the pond.

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/13909/is-connexion-synonymous-with-connection
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19930 on: December 28, 2018, 07:01:21 pm »
The crowd at the Darts.

Lads mate. Banter. Stag do's, let's all dress like Elvis. I don't know when this started happening but it's taken root

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #19931 on: December 28, 2018, 07:04:31 pm »
The crowd at the Darts.

I went to see the Darts once, went as Adolf Hitler. Thought the sign said the Sparks. Shit night and got offered out loads.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #19932 on: December 28, 2018, 07:08:32 pm »
I went to see the Darts once, went as Adolf Hitler. Thought the sign said the Sparks. Shit night and got offered out loads.

De der der der der, de der der der der, duh der der der derrr

Oi Oi Oi
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19933 on: December 28, 2018, 07:39:48 pm »
De der der der der, de der der der der, duh der der der derrr

Oi Oi Oi
That's exactly how Chopper sings Z Cars mate.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19934 on: December 28, 2018, 08:55:54 pm »
They look like that weirdly dressed professional audience To of the Pops had in the mid eighties.
Proper Jimmy Saville wannabees aren't they.
Lads mate. Banter. Stag do's, let's all dress like Elvis. I don't know when this started happening but it's taken root
It's a good enough atmosphere without all the over the top crap. I'd nut my mate if he told me we had to go to the darts for his stag do, sitting at one bench for hours on end ain't a stag do [emoji23]
Ala Prince Harry [emoji23]

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #19935 on: December 28, 2018, 10:21:00 pm »
#Sausages

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #19936 on: December 28, 2018, 11:47:09 pm »

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19937 on: December 29, 2018, 08:15:41 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_wKmMox1fM

Oh oh oh
Although I hate the actual song I don't mind it at the Darts as it kind of fits the atmosphere. It's the small groups trying to get crap footy songs going that is shite.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19938 on: December 29, 2018, 12:28:22 pm »
The rip strip things on boxes/packets that don't ever work  :no

When you bite your lip and because it's then slightly swollen you continue to rebite it over and over  :no

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #19939 on: December 31, 2018, 12:44:29 pm »
When you have a song in your head but can't remember the name of it, mine is a dance one with catchy keyboard intro, released mid to late 90s, it's not Born Slippy though.. :butt
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19940 on: December 31, 2018, 01:26:09 pm »
Just got in from work and she is watching episodes of Eastenders from the 1980's - cannot understand why she is watching such a load of miserable old shite.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19941 on: December 31, 2018, 03:51:23 pm »
Getting a cold just before Christmas - bloody lungs are sore today

Exactly when I got mine which is more of a chest infection.
Still got the bastard too with no sign of it fucking off.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19942 on: December 31, 2018, 03:57:03 pm »
When you have a song in your head but can't remember the name of it, mine is a dance one with catchy keyboard intro, released mid to late 90s, it's not Born Slippy though.. :butt

Robert Miles?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19943 on: December 31, 2018, 03:57:39 pm »
Friends, such an overrated show. Feels like for every joke/punchline they tell the crowd to laugh at the top of their voice.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #19944 on: December 31, 2018, 04:44:48 pm »
Just got in from work and she is watching episodes of Eastenders from the 1980's - cannot understand why she is watching such a load of miserable old shite.

It's non stop also isn't it, they even had it on prime time on Christmas Day, ITV were just as bad with Emmerdale and Coronation Street.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19945 on: December 31, 2018, 05:33:35 pm »
I went to the auto parts store yesterday to purchase some new windshield wipers. The girl at the counter offered "Let me put them on for you". Great, I accepted. Then she went out and put both on a lot faster than I expected. It took just a minute. BUT she had put the hard plastic wiper package on the hood of my car, and when she picked the package up she wasn't at all careful and put a 3" scratch on my paint from the hard edge of the package. Careless idiot! :no
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19946 on: December 31, 2018, 06:09:11 pm »
Was she doing it like this?

Disgraceful behaviour. I'd complain, take your car back and ask for a re-run.
You literally are sitting there waiting to go on the ale being a mischievous Chops aren't you  ;D

Crack a bottle open on me mate.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #19947 on: December 31, 2018, 06:14:46 pm »
Got me in one. Have a good'un John :thumbup
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19948 on: December 31, 2018, 06:34:51 pm »
Got me in one. Have a good'un John :thumbup
Same to you mate.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #19949 on: December 31, 2018, 06:43:26 pm »
Sorry if anyone here drives one, but Audi drivers.

Surely the worst on the road. Everytime some knobjob pulls a stupid stunt, goes through a red light, almost causes an accident etc they are driving an Audi.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #19950 on: December 31, 2018, 06:44:43 pm »
You literally are sitting there waiting to go on the ale being a mischievous Chops aren't you  ;D

Crack a bottle open on me mate.

Likely made Soxfan slightly less annoyed for a moment or so, though...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #19951 on: December 31, 2018, 07:01:29 pm »

I see you're bringing Joy to the thread...
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #19952 on: December 31, 2018, 07:39:47 pm »
Robert Miles?

It is, Robert Miles Children, cheers. :thumbup
#Sausages

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19953 on: December 31, 2018, 08:06:21 pm »
Friends, such an overrated show. Feels like for every joke/punchline they tell the crowd to laugh at the top of their voice.
It was shit in the 90s and it’s shit now. My big sister forced me to watch it with her and I hated it. Aaaaw, Ross is so goofy and sweet! And that crazy Phoebe! *Chuckles*

Fuck off. It’s having a renessanse as well because of Netflix.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #19954 on: December 31, 2018, 08:18:38 pm »
It was shit in the 90s and it’s shit now. My big sister forced me to watch it with her and I hated it. Aaaaw, Ross is so goofy and sweet! And that crazy Phoebe! *Chuckles*

Fuck off. It’s having a renessanse as well because of Netflix.
It did have two outstanding points though.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #19955 on: December 31, 2018, 08:27:51 pm »

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #19956 on: December 31, 2018, 08:38:31 pm »
Rachel's?
You named that tune in 1  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19957 on: December 31, 2018, 08:51:43 pm »
It is, Robert Miles Children, cheers. :thumbup

Haha, it’s my go to karaoke song.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #19958 on: December 31, 2018, 09:02:30 pm »
Haha, it’s my go to karaoke song.

I wonder why hahaha ;D

Have a good one :champ :hally
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19959 on: December 31, 2018, 10:17:41 pm »
It did have two outstanding points though.

the lads on set used to whack the air conditioning on full cold when she was on set.