Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2552853 times)

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The small things in life that really annoy you
« Reply #14200 on: December 10, 2017, 07:06:32 pm »
When you had a strange creepy this morning you want to share, but the weird dreams thread hasn't been posted in for months, but you don't want to bump another ancient thread.  :-\
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14201 on: December 10, 2017, 07:45:00 pm »
Cry wolf enough and people will start to ignore you. My Sister in laws sister was supposed to come over from Doncaster yesterday with the kids, due to the forecasted chaos chose to stay home, don't blame them, got young kids so not worth the risk. Snowed heavily yesterday for a bit but didn't stick, nothing to see today. That happens enough and you eventually ignore the warnings.

Even with plenty of warnings and with snow falling, airports can still get closed. I've been on a flight back from Tenerife that was the last one allowed into Manchester, before they closed the airport to clear the snow from the runway. Quite an experience to travel 2 miles down a runway while the pilots gently stop the plane. They had the place open again in time for our mate who was 2 hours behind us on her flight.
I was due to travel from Barnsley to Preston today but decided yesterday not to bother.  It's never a nice journey over the pennines without the added challenge of snow, ice and Christmas shopping traffic.

I could still have gone but I'd psyched myself out of it to the point of no return [emoji16]

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14202 on: December 10, 2017, 07:52:22 pm »
I was due to travel from Barnsley to Preston today but decided yesterday not to bother.  It's never a nice journey over the pennines without the added challenge of snow, ice and Christmas shopping traffic.

I could still have gone but I'd psyched myself out of it to the point of no return [emoji16]

Don't blame you. Even without the weather, the Smart motorway works are a pain and the queue for the Trafford Centre would have started about Junction 18 today.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14203 on: December 10, 2017, 07:57:57 pm »
Don't blame you. Even without the weather, the Smart motorway works are a pain and the queue for the Trafford Centre would have started about Junction 18 today.
Yep and I'm due over there for another visit next Monday, weather permitting [emoji1]

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14204 on: December 10, 2017, 08:00:52 pm »
Loads of kids are in school right up to Christmas this year so it might not be too painful, just try and get back onto the M60 before half 3 if you can.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14205 on: December 10, 2017, 08:11:44 pm »
Loads of kids are in school right up to Christmas this year so it might not be too painful, just try and get back onto the M60 before half 3 if you can.
I'll be travelling after 7pm staying over and travelling back same time Tuesday so hopefully I'll miss the real crazy stuff.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14206 on: December 10, 2017, 08:21:47 pm »
To be fair your post came across as people should stop moaning about the snow? As I say it has a really negative effect on the disabled and elderly.

I take it you are in Canada.  They obviously have the capability to deal with it. Quite normal for a country like Canada. The UK doesn't so the effect is possibly worse. Hence the moaning

Anyway in hindsight missing the match seems like a blessing now.  :-X
The original post was about how people in the UK react to the weather in general and no I'm not in Canada, Europe. In a place where salt on the road is not allowed because it'll damage the nature but still people seem to be able to live, function and get around.

And even more strange is that we had temps up to 34 in the summer and people still managed to live, function and.......

Get a bit of sun or heat in the UK then fuckin hell, it's like the end of the world, reminds me a bit of Total Recall with Arnie when they're all gasping for air.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14207 on: December 10, 2017, 08:37:30 pm »
The original post was about how people in the UK react to the weather in general and no I'm not in Canada, Europe. In a place where salt on the road is not allowed because it'll damage the nature but still people seem to be able to live, function and get around.

And even more strange is that we had temps up to 34 in the summer and people still managed to live, function and.......

Get a bit of sun or heat in the UK then fuckin hell, it's like the end of the world, reminds me a bit of Total Recall with Arnie when they're all gasping for air.

Were taking this very off topic.  I think the issue here in UK is that we dont have decent preparation for either snow or heat.  I worked in SE Asia for many years and love the heat. However those countries have AC everywhere.  So as soon as you step foot in a building its really soothing. UK has no such facilities. Same with no, we panic as  there are gritters who are often insufficient and thats it.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14208 on: December 10, 2017, 08:44:45 pm »
For the slush that usually falls here you don't need gritters, you just need winter tyres and to drive a bit more careful. Reckon its the lack of experience, snow is so rare that people panic.

In general the UK climate just isn't very extreme - essentially its between 5 and 20 degrees all year round, so coping strategies with temperatures outside that range are poor. Just take clothing for example, people go out without coats in winter and wear down jackets in summer.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 08:47:02 pm by redbyrdz »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14209 on: December 10, 2017, 08:57:32 pm »
For the slush that usually falls here you don't need gritters, you just need winter tyres and to drive a bit more careful. Reckon its the lack of experience, snow is so rare that people panic.

In general the UK climate just isn't very extreme - essentially its between 5 and 20 degrees all year round, so coping strategies with temperatures outside that range are poor. Just take clothing for example, people go out without coats in winter and wear down jackets in summer.

I'm still in shorts  ;)

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14210 on: December 10, 2017, 10:08:37 pm »
Were taking this very off topic.  I think the issue here in UK is that we dont have decent preparation for either snow or heat.  I worked in SE Asia for many years and love the heat. However those countries have AC everywhere.  So as soon as you step foot in a building its really soothing. UK has no such facilities. Same with no, we panic as  there are gritters who are often insufficient and thats it.
But that's it though mate, the panic, that's what does my head in. 
It's all the build up to the mega snow storm that never comes, that heatwave that will finally do us all in.....

It's the hysteria that drives me crazy, 'it's coming, it's coming, wait for it.... ' and then nothing fuckin happens time after time. And when the snow or heat comes it lasts for three days and it's gone, so why the mass panic?

Do you remember the snow storm in Jan of 2017? Went on for weeks in the news how bad it was going to be and it barely covered the grass.

Seems to me that it's another thing we've got from the US....fear.   We seem to be shit scared all the time, I used to laugh at them stocking up on food, water, batteries (and anything that'd make them even fatter). Sad to say but I don't think that the Uk is that far behind, unfortunately. 
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #14211 on: December 10, 2017, 10:13:55 pm »
Growing older.

It sucks.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #14212 on: December 10, 2017, 10:46:59 pm »
Growing older.

It sucks.

Better than the alternative.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #14213 on: December 10, 2017, 11:07:16 pm »
But that's it though mate, the panic, that's what does my head in. 
It's all the build up to the mega snow storm that never comes, that heatwave that will finally do us all in.....

It's the hysteria that drives me crazy, 'it's coming, it's coming, wait for it.... ' and then nothing fuckin happens time after time. And when the snow or heat comes it lasts for three days and it's gone, so why the mass panic?

Do you remember the snow storm in Jan of 2017? Went on for weeks in the news how bad it was going to be and it barely covered the grass.

Seems to me that it's another thing we've got from the US....fear.   We seem to be shit scared all the time, I used to laugh at them stocking up on food, water, batteries (and anything that'd make them even fatter). Sad to say but I don't think that the Uk is that far behind, unfortunately. 
Pissing myself laughing at you ranting soft lad :lmao

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14214 on: December 11, 2017, 07:39:13 am »
xG or Expected Goal Value.  Can't stand this over analyzing of the game of football. Long essays about xG, xF, xZ, xShite. The important thing is goals: outscore the opposition and you win. Simple..like myself.
(I'm not having a go at fellow posters who enjoy that stuff)

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #14215 on: December 11, 2017, 10:25:15 am »
Better than the alternative.

Growing Young?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #14216 on: December 11, 2017, 10:59:04 am »

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14217 on: December 11, 2017, 10:59:52 am »

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14218 on: December 11, 2017, 04:27:07 pm »
People using of when they mean have
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14219 on: December 11, 2017, 04:29:33 pm »
People using of when they mean have

Remember as I was walking in to our GCSE English exam and our teacher was stood outside the exam hall reminding people that it's "should have" and not "should of".

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14220 on: December 11, 2017, 04:37:52 pm »
Remember as I was walking in to our GCSE English exam and our teacher was stood outside the exam hall reminding people that it's "should have" and not "should of".

As in “you should have done more revision, boy”?

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14221 on: December 11, 2017, 05:23:25 pm »
trying to press the tiny page number of a thread on RAWK on my phone with my fat fingers cos I'm too lazy to zoom in, ending up hitting the wrong page several times before admitting defeat and zooming in to tap

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14222 on: December 11, 2017, 05:29:07 pm »
trying to press the tiny page number of a thread on RAWK on my phone with my fat fingers cos I'm too lazy to zoom in, ending up hitting the wrong page several times before admitting defeat and zooming in to tap
Wrong thread mate ;D :wave

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14223 on: December 11, 2017, 09:21:24 pm »
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #14224 on: December 12, 2017, 01:22:20 am »
My boss... she's tiny but a very annoying tiny lady
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14225 on: December 12, 2017, 06:43:06 pm »
Bin men not collecting my recycling bin and having to take a massive bag full of wet cardboard back into the house and store for the next collection after Christmas. :no
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14226 on: December 12, 2017, 06:55:41 pm »
Family.  Again!!  [emoji34]

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #14227 on: December 13, 2017, 10:37:03 am »
People who act like irascible dickheads because they haven't had their "morning coffee".

Do fuck off
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
« Reply #14228 on: December 13, 2017, 12:16:53 pm »
Wish Burnley would fuck off already the boring spawny c*nts

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #14229 on: December 13, 2017, 12:21:40 pm »
Wish Burnley would fuck off already the boring spawny c*nts
up ahead of us

im sure they are sick at dropping two points to us in september
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14230 on: December 13, 2017, 01:47:13 pm »
up ahead of us

im sure they are sick at dropping two points to us in september

Remember Aquiani''s goal against them. He fell over and they cheered, yet the ball still went in the back of the net.

Shut you up didn't it!

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #14231 on: December 13, 2017, 02:27:17 pm »
Remember Aquiani''s goal against them. He fell over and they cheered, yet the ball still went in the back of the net.

Shut you up didn't it!
that was fucking brilliant

then stevie swans in and rattles in a 25 yarder
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14232 on: December 13, 2017, 05:42:56 pm »
People who act like irascible dickheads because they haven't had their "morning coffee".

Do fuck off

Sounds like you didn't get your morning coffee.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14233 on: December 13, 2017, 06:18:02 pm »
Sounds like you didn't get your morning coffee.
Touché ;D

People who cross their legs across the train aisle then complain when someone bumps into them trying to reach the loo or a seat or, well, basically use the aisle that is meant to be hazard-free. Selfish c*nts.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #14234 on: December 13, 2017, 07:56:33 pm »
Touché ;D

People who cross their legs across the train aisle then complain when someone bumps into them trying to reach the loo or a seat or, well, basically use the aisle that is meant to be hazard-free. Selfish c*nts.

And the pricks who drape a coat/bag on the seat next to them in a full coach to ensure their personal space and humph like a disgruntled dowager when you manoeuvre yourself into their realm of solitude and and disturb their peace and quiet by politely asking if the seat is free.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14235 on: December 13, 2017, 07:58:46 pm »
And the pricks who drape a coat/bag on the seat next to them in a full coach to ensure their personal space and humph like a disgruntled dowager when you manoeuvre yourself into their realm of solitude and and disturb their peace and quiet by politely asking if the seat is free.
Some woman did that to me the other day. She was in the window seat with her stuff on the aisle seat, so she huffed and puffed when I had the temerity to want to share the table so I could read some work notes - and took the aisle seat!!!!!!!!! I said, "Actually, I prefer the aisle seat that you were not originally sitting in." Ordinarily I'd have just laughed and said, "Tell yer what love, have the whole carriage!" but I was being bloody-minded. And took the aisle.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14236 on: December 14, 2017, 12:36:58 am »
Some woman did that to me the other day. She was in the window seat with her stuff on the aisle seat, so she huffed and puffed when I had the temerity to want to share the table so I could read some work notes - and took the aisle seat!!!!!!!!! I said, "Actually, I prefer the aisle seat that you were not originally sitting in." Ordinarily I'd have just laughed and said, "Tell yer what love, have the whole carriage!" but I was being bloody-minded. And took the aisle.

Should have changed her screen name, too...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #14237 on: December 14, 2017, 01:22:21 am »
American health care system

OMG. just spent my 6th hour this week trying to get my insurance straight for next year

finally done. its a joke

IMO this problem will never get solved while the elected leaders get free healthcare

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14239 on: December 14, 2017, 10:43:03 am »

Remember Ben Elton doing a brilliant stand up routine on Friday Night Live many years ago that included passengers getting into a blind panic when they get on a train "gotta get a double seat, gotta get a double seat" :)

Starts 1:25 in

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9rC5WIi0vmc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9rC5WIi0vmc</a>