Author Topic: What was The Liverpool Away Postponed Game in The 1979-80 Season  (Read 466 times)

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
What was The Liverpool Away Postponed Game in The 1979-80 Season
« on: December 30, 2021, 05:08:04 pm »
I went out for a drink the other night with a few lads who all went the games in the late 1970's , 1980's. We were all eighteen to twenty two in those heady Brown Bitter, Bottles of Brown and Double Diamond days while the other night we all got into town on our bus passes. 

It got brought up that while on The Special going to one of those Wonderful games the train stopped in the middle of nowhere and after a bit the police said the game had been called off and we all returned to Lime Street.

After returning to Town, a big gang of us all went the pictures to see The Film Scum before going on the ale to our usual favourite haunts of The Big House, Yankee Bar and my particular favourite, the back room of Maxwell's Plumb were I would always put on Squeeze's "Take me I'm Yours".

I have had a little look around The Internet but can't find any mention of The Postponed Game but if I had to guess I would say it was Stoke in January or February, it is over forty years ago now but I have a feeling it wasn't a game too far away..

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What was The Liverpool Away Postponed Game in The 1979-80 Season
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 05:16:08 pm »
Not old enough to remember myself, but think it is Stoke A on new years day

From this guys postponed programme collection:
http://www.footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=49603
 ;D

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 05:40:13 pm »

Game was played in April

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 06:11:09 pm »
Brilliant lads, a few said Leicester, me and another lad said Stoke and a couple said it was West Ham. The rest didn't remember but recall the film Scum.

I'm The Daddy was the call for the rest of the season, thinking about it we went to a party the night before and stayed up most of the night but I thought that was for the Southampton Charity Shield match..

I'm still getting over the night out three days ago..

Thanks..