Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 336705 times)

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #320 on: September 27, 2015, 04:03:37 pm »
Can you accommodate all 3 in the lineup? Ings-Benteke-Sturridge?

Probably not - but it would be a nice attacking front 3. 

I don't think we can, it will leave us too weak in the midfield.

It's Sturridge and one other.

Offline LFCDynamic

• Legacy Fan
  • To support a team in bad times shows character!
    • LFCDynamic - I Have a Question
« Reply #321 on: September 27, 2015, 04:07:56 pm »
I don't think we can, it will leave us too weak in the midfield.

It's Sturridge and one other.

I think they'll alternate based on form, fitness and competition. I wouldn't bother about it too much right now. Benteke is out for another 6 weeks anyway.

There are other things the manager should be worrying about right now, such as aerial defending and midfield pressure and support up front.
To support a team in success is easy. But, to support a team even during bad times shows real character.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #322 on: September 27, 2015, 04:09:35 pm »
We spent the best part of £40m and £200k a week bringing these two in, and already most people would partner Sturridge with Ings because he's by far the better fit for this team

Most people are stupid then. How can you judge whether or not Ings is a better partner for Sturridge when Benteke has only partnered Sturridge for 45mins? I'm quite happy with the Ings-Sturridge partnership, it looks very good, but the argument above is stupid.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: September 27, 2015, 07:31:46 pm »
Most people are stupid then. How can you judge whether or not Ings is a better partner for Sturridge when Benteke has only partnered Sturridge for 45mins? I'm quite happy with the Ings-Sturridge partnership, it looks very good, but the argument above is stupid.

Said it before but he reminds me of Bellamy. Same sort of energy and tenacity.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #324 on: September 27, 2015, 08:22:51 pm »
Still think it's a stupid argument

Benteke has barely had a chance to settle in or play with Sturridge (or Ings), and Ings might end up being a better buy than any of the better version of Ings that it might be tempting to fantasise about (which seems to me to be basically still mourning Suarez departure)
This. Plus Benteke isn't really the problem here, it's the players around him that need to understand that he's not a lazy out-ball for them when they are in possession.

Benteke suits the way we played on Saturday, that's actually his natural game (like against Arsenal to a point, as well as when Villa came to Anfield with him). Watching the way Sturridge was dropping off, coming short, and turning off the shoulder from wide would work well with Benteke so long as they are afforded time to work in a similar way Chelsea did with Drogba and Anelka.

I think the defense was an important factor in an attacking sense on saturday as well. Both Emre and Sakho are very good at playing penetrating passes through the midfield which no doubt helps transition into an attack much faster than for the previous games this season.

Ings is turning into a personal favourite though and is exactly the kind of player you want waiting in the wings if Benteke or Sturridge is having an off day/ or is injured. Without doubt he reminds me of Dirk and I can only hope that he goes on to develop the same knack for scoring in the big matches. We've missed a player like that for years.

edit:

Surely, assuming Firmino is out for a longish spell, you could fit Ings in at the tip of a diamond as an unorthodox number 10 (in the same way Muller has been used occasionally in the past by Bayern) with Christian and Dan ahead of him?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 08:58:08 pm by Chalky Boots »

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: September 28, 2015, 12:07:47 am »
Should have had a wonderful assist to sturridge, but for a very good save. That was Suarez-esqe. I love how he ran from box to box, outrunning 3 of our players and catching up to an opponent that had a 15 yard start on him. He's got loads of commitment and that sort of attitude, coupled with his apparent ability, will take him anywhere he wants to go.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: September 28, 2015, 01:20:20 am »

Good shout.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: September 28, 2015, 01:44:41 am »
What a player.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: September 28, 2015, 02:00:32 pm »
Hopefully his attitude rubs off on everyone else, he is what we needed last season,he is a good lad and is well worthy of his spot in the team, plays with a lot of passion.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: September 29, 2015, 01:51:24 pm »
Great character, and good finisher. He is a fighter for sure. He adds more balance to this side than Bentekke, when paired with Sturridge.
It is a big dilemma, and makes you wonder, why we didn't try and sign someone with his traits as our star signing these past two summers.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #330 on: September 29, 2015, 01:54:30 pm »
Great character, and good finisher. He is a fighter for sure. He adds more balance to this side than Bentekke, when paired with Sturridge.
It is a big dilemma, and makes you wonder, why we didn't try and sign someone with his traits as our star signing these past two summers.

Very true. I know he's not Suarez and never will be, but he's quite quick, tenacious, can finish and presses like crazy......all the attributes the management team should have prioritised when replacing Suarez. Our team works so much better when it's full of whirlwinds.

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #331 on: September 29, 2015, 01:54:44 pm »

Bellamy had a bit of nastiness to him whereas Ings seems really nice. Other than that, the comparison isn't that far off. If he gets to be that level then we'll have a great forward line on our hands.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #332 on: September 29, 2015, 01:57:28 pm »
Bellamy had a bit of nastiness to him whereas Ings seems really nice. Other than that, the comparison isn't that far off. If he gets to be that level then we'll have a great forward line on our hands.

I assume you weren't at the Carlisle match? Only reason I know he's got a bit of bastard in him cause in the second
half we were watching him up close from the Centenary Stand.

He was at the throat of most of their defenders for the entire 2nd half, 4 or 5 of them vs. him alone and he was giving them all sorts.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: September 29, 2015, 06:52:57 pm »
He fits and I love his attitude and workrate. Jobs a good 'un.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #334 on: September 29, 2015, 09:51:23 pm »
I assume you weren't at the Carlisle match? Only reason I know he's got a bit of bastard in him cause in the second
half we were watching him up close from the Centenary Stand.

He was at the throat of most of their defenders for the entire 2nd half, 4 or 5 of them vs. him alone and he was giving them all sorts.

No mate, just the impression I got watching him on TV. If he has some mongrel in him; great.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline karl740

• Kopite
« Reply #335 on: September 29, 2015, 10:01:19 pm »

Can see the resemblance to Bellamy. He also reminds me of a British Tevez. Think he has that bulldog style to his game.

Offline Lucas DuoFlush

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Poulsy back!
« Reply #336 on: September 29, 2015, 10:42:02 pm »
Don't see the comparisons to Bellamy to be honest, Bellamy was lightning quick compared to Ings. Also Bellamy was a better dribbler. Ings is a good player though, great movement and decision making among other things.
"Bos non modo animal, sed etiam mater" Lordanem Henderson

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #337 on: September 29, 2015, 10:44:59 pm »
Don't see the comparisons to Bellamy to be honest, Bellamy was lightning quick compared to Ings.
Yeah I noticed over the last few games he struggles at times win foot races with CBs, since I don`t know him as player that well my hope is for him to be that poacher in the box we need as generally we don`t score many scruffy goals.

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #338 on: September 29, 2015, 11:05:52 pm »
Where is the every touch compilation video vs. Villa?
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #339 on: September 30, 2015, 09:26:06 am »
I still think he will drop straight of the team once Benteke is fit again. Pity.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: September 30, 2015, 02:01:04 pm »
Its funny that every supporter you know of called it before the season started: We play better with mobile strikers as opposed to Benteke/Carroll/Balotelli type.. Ah well. If Brendan can't see that then he deserves the sack for that alone.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: September 30, 2015, 02:08:21 pm »
Its funny that every supporter you know of called it before the season started: We play better with mobile strikers as opposed to Benteke/Carroll/Balotelli type.. Ah well. If Brendan can't see that then he deserves the sack for that alone.

Before LAST season started to be honest. We all knew then signing target men was not the way forward, shame nobody at the club could pull their heads out of their arses.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: September 30, 2015, 02:19:06 pm »
In fairness to Brendan there were a select few on here who bleated on all summer about how perfect and mobile Benteke was as well  ;)

I'll never understand it

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: September 30, 2015, 02:46:05 pm »
I still think he will drop straight of the team once Benteke is fit again. Pity.
Lets not create future scenarios to give us problems - there are enough things to worry about right now!  ;)

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: October 1, 2015, 12:23:29 pm »
Has earned himself an England call up!

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #345 on: October 1, 2015, 12:37:09 pm »
Delighted for him, he thoroughly deserves everything that's coming his way.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #346 on: October 1, 2015, 12:45:00 pm »
Delighted for him, he thoroughly deserves everything that's coming his way.

Fully agreed. Gives his all for the club and won't back out of anything. Keep on going lad!!
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: October 1, 2015, 01:15:22 pm »
Well done, delighted for him.*

*Don't get injured.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #348 on: October 1, 2015, 02:30:13 pm »
The hodge loves his Liverpool players

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: October 1, 2015, 05:21:33 pm »
Hope he starts, gets a couple of goals, comes off after an hour. Delighted we've signed him.
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: October 1, 2015, 05:29:42 pm »
he was always going to play for England, surprised it has came this early though. His confidence is going to be through the roof, I hope him and Sturridge start on Sunday, I really do.

I say surprised, with Jamie Vardy in the squad, anyone might get a call off Roy.
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: October 1, 2015, 05:36:03 pm »
I'm seeing Kuyt comparisons but for me Ings' touch is far better and he has pace. Not Sturridge quick but way faster than Kuyt.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: October 1, 2015, 05:45:52 pm »
He can only get better!

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: October 1, 2015, 05:48:41 pm »
He can only get better!

I see what you did there ;)

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #354 on: October 1, 2015, 06:06:57 pm »
This wasn't mentioned here but I got it from his Instagram, if you haven't liked this man as a person yet, he seems to be carrying on with his charity from Burnley

top top bloke
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: October 1, 2015, 06:14:00 pm »
This wasn't mentioned here but I got it from his Instagram, if you haven't liked this man as a person yet, he seems to be carrying on with his charity from Burnley

top top bloke

Think it says a lot about him too as the Burnley fan he's in a pick with has a Liverpool top on. Obviously a big supporter of Ings himself.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: October 1, 2015, 06:20:05 pm »

He runs like he's running in custard that's been poured on top of slick oil.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: October 1, 2015, 07:33:42 pm »
I'm seeing Kuyt comparisons but for me Ings' touch is far better and he has pace. Not Sturridge quick but way faster than Kuyt.
As a poster ..... I deplore the Kuyt comparisons, sick of hearing and seeing them. As I said the other day, he's fuck all like Kuyt, he's Danny Ings.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: October 1, 2015, 07:37:22 pm »
As a poster ..... I deplore the Kuyt comparisons, sick of hearing and seeing them. As I said the other day, he's fuck all like Kuyt, he's Danny Ings.

He's exactly like Dirk Kuyt except in many ways.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #359 on: October 1, 2015, 07:37:36 pm »

I posted the Dirk picture on the other page mate, not as a playing style comparison, but in terms of attitude, application and his sheer drive and competitive nature. Which, so far, is what Danny Ings has brought into this side at a time when there few signs of any passion or bottle in this side.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.