Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 752087 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2017, 12:28:34 pm »
Intriguing signing. Sounded like Klopp really wanted him. Has all the physical attributes that Klopp likes in a player - just a question of his decision making.

It's a lot of money for a player in the final year of his contract - and I'm curious to see how he fits in. Will he find himself as a starter, utility player or just a really expensive super sub?

He is a young player with plenty of potential that can play in central midfield or on the wings. We definitely need that depth.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2017, 12:28:44 pm »
Lovely, can't wait to see AlOxCham in action.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2017, 12:31:43 pm »
Oh and...pace.
From a team starved for a single pacy player, we've gone to a well drilled machine full of incredibly fast and explosive players who'll rip anyone to shreds given a yard of space. Chamberlain brings more of this, no matter where he plays. Movement you can't live with - we'll grind teams down with sheer volume of explosive runs they need to cover.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2017, 12:34:16 pm »
Btw his mentality is the one of the winner.

Last season during that wretched Arsenal's spell towards the end of the season every single Arsenal fan was singling him out as the only one who was coming out of it with some credit, he's not a quitter.

Squad depth is looking much better now, as things stand our bench vs City should be : Milner, Klavan, Ox, Coutinho, Sturridge, Solanke and that's with Lallana, Clyne, Trent and Robertson as other options.

Also now that Ox is in the mix this has to be our fastest squad ever?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2017, 12:34:45 pm »
Welcome to Liverpool! You're joining at just the right time! :)

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2017, 12:36:40 pm »
Was not too bothered either way. The fact that he has turned down £100k / week to come to us speaks volumes and I am sure he will be a great addition to the squad now.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2017, 12:38:31 pm »
Great news. Quality player who Rafa originally tried to sign when he went to Arsenal, only for H&G to knock it back (see also one Gareth Bale...)
Glad that has finally been put right and he's where he belongs.

And after reading BabuYagu's analysis I am both intrigued and excited to see just how and when he will fit into the side. Will he go straight in for Wijnaldum v Burnley? Off the bench for the Man City game? Or do we save him for the bus parkers?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2017, 12:39:08 pm »
Welcome to Liverpool Oxlade-Chamberlain ... Wishing you all the best lad!
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2017, 12:41:01 pm »
happy with this!  :)

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2017, 12:41:13 pm »
Got a good reception coming off the pitch Sunday everyone clapping laughing and saying come to us.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2017, 12:42:23 pm »
Welcome Alex!

I've long thought his style of playing suits with the way we play under Klopp like a glove,really happy he's finally here  :D

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2017, 12:43:13 pm »
Welcome, Alex!

Great time to be joining the best club in the world. :scarf

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2017, 12:44:47 pm »
Fantastic news. One of the players that always worried me when they had the box and were attacking iur goal.
Additionally,  one of the few players that I felt would suit us perfectly in terms of his quality and skills, his mentality,  and seemingly his personality.
Bit busy at the moment, but will give Babu's OP a read shen I have the chance. Been waiting for his insightful analysis on Chamberlain and where he'll fit in, glad it'll be pegged as the OP of Chamberlain's thread.
Will you be doing the same for Keita, Babu? :)

The principal reason for this one was to kill the majority of the myths surrounding him (e.g. he's another Ibe, can't create just run, etc).

Keita's will likely be 10 times as long, that is if I can type with the sticky keys :D
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Online carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2017, 12:45:22 pm »
Welcome Ox.  It sounds like a lot of money, but I said the same thing about Mane so I'd better keep my trap shut.  ;D

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2017, 12:46:21 pm »
Oh and...pace.
From a team starved for a single pacy player, we've gone to a well drilled machine full of incredibly fast and explosive players who'll rip anyone to shreds given a yard of space. Chamberlain brings more of this, no matter where he plays. Movement you can't live with - we'll grind teams down with sheer volume of explosive runs they need to cover.

Absolutely. That spider cam of the Mane goal the other day really emphasised that point.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2017, 12:46:23 pm »
The principal reason for this one was to kill the majority of the myths surrounding him (e.g. he's another Ibe, can't create just run, etc).

Keita's will likely be 10 times as long, that is if I can type with the sticky keys :D

The idea that we would sign another Ibe when Klopp sold Ibe is ludicrous even by RAWK standards.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2017, 12:47:33 pm »
Thanks for that BY.
You have addressed most of issues I had with this transfer based on my limited knowledge of Chamberlain's game. Once he is up to speed with his fitness and tactically, he'll be a great addition to our band of merry defence destroyers.

The main thing I love watching him in central areas is that little drop off, feint, turn and burst past people he does. It's very effective. Coutinho does it a lot too. I remember doing a breakdown of it once in the Palace roundtable. We need players like this to deal with sides pressing us or playing a low block. I'm hype!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2017, 12:50:22 pm »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2017, 12:50:59 pm »
Lots of potential here, if Klopp can unlock it he'll be some player.  Really interested to see how he plays in a well drilled team compared to whatever the fuck is going on at Arsenal.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2017, 12:51:07 pm »
Oh and...pace.

Compare us pre-Mane last season to what we will have in the near future

Mane, Salah, Moreno, AoC, Keita, Kent. Play a high line. I dare ya! :D

Recovery pace is even more important though. How many times have we seen teams win the ball and throw men forward before anybody could get back. Moreno, AoC, Keita and Salah are four of the hardest runners I have seen in recovery. It's actually a rare thing to see players go back as fast as they go forward.

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2017, 12:51:35 pm »
Always wanted us to get him, welcome Alex!!
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2017, 12:51:56 pm »
This guy will be a beast for us you watch, Klopp will turn him into a fantastic player.
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2017, 12:52:30 pm »
The idea that we would sign another Ibe when Klopp sold Ibe is ludicrous even by RAWK standards.
And yet... :D

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2017, 12:52:46 pm »
I think he's got bags of talent and will probably benefit from playing for Liverpool under Klopp in a way that he didn't from playing under Wenger. He's much more hustle and bustle than Arsenal's more measured style.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2017, 12:54:13 pm »
Get the auto-correct in place. No "ox" or "the ox".

is right

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2017, 12:55:48 pm »
Did we really just sign another Southampton product?  ;) ;)

"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2017, 12:56:14 pm »
Get the auto-correct in place. No "ox" or "the ox".

No!

Welcome Alex :wave

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2017, 12:58:58 pm »
Welcome The Ox
This is a bannable offence. You've been warned!

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2017, 12:59:05 pm »
Great signing. I am not worried about his goal record. Goal scoring is a function of a Klopp team. Every good player in a Klopp team has become a better goal scorer. Coutinho was not a 15 goal a season regular he has become. Klopp values other attributes, as scoring becomes a function of team play. This is why there are so many different goal scorers in our team.
What the Ox is going to give us is priceless. Those dribbling numbers are exactly what we need more of. He is going to become an incredibly important player for us, I have no doubt.
Also he is a natural presser, from his time in Southampton. Arsenal don't play that always. He is going to be a lot more at home here.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2017, 01:02:17 pm »
Welcome Oxlade! I wasn't for this transfer in the beginning, worried mainly about his fitness, but if he can stay healthy I think he'll be a great addition to the squad!

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2017, 01:03:15 pm »
Thank you Babu for that write up, I haven't seen a lot of Oxlade-Chamberlain playing so it put this signing in a much better context for me! Welcome, Alex!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2017, 01:06:24 pm »
I love that he wanted to come to us and only us.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2017, 01:10:34 pm »
I welcome him and his girlfriend to the club. Both, quality additions....

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2017, 01:11:43 pm »
Welcome to Liverpool Ox! I believe this lad will do great under Klopp, can't wait to see him playing.
Believer

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2017, 01:12:09 pm »
AOC, Salah, Mane running at defenses would be like watching a woody woodpecker movie
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2017, 01:14:11 pm »
Welcome to the best club in the world Alan 'The Cube' Oxblood - Chamberpot.
I assume Southampton will be refusing to accept the sell on fee from this deal out of principle?
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2017, 01:17:48 pm »
Welcome Alex. Your a Liverpool player now, so your first job is to get injured on England duty.

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2017, 01:18:50 pm »
Excellent write up Babu! Nice mixture of stats and video evidence to back it up. This is coming from a person who is usually very skeptical about using stats to assess football players.

Interesting to freshen my memories of Ox playing in midfield. I've always thought of him as a wing player and thought wing back was the perfect position for him. Also thought Chelsea would've been the best move for him considering Conte's system. However watching those clips and reading your detailed analysis it seems like Ox might have the potential and tools to be a more well rounded player than I've given him credit for. Didn't remember how smooth and dangerous he can be in tight areas and against low blocks. This has made me feel better about this signing. He could be a very important swiss army knife type of signing for Klopp.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2017, 01:19:39 pm »

Welcome to Liverpool Alex. Good to see you in a properly fitting shirt!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2017, 01:27:14 pm »
His stats are awful, 1.5 goals a year, but he's a good player and will suit how we play. Also he's homegrown and I think we will be losing a few over next year or so (Sturridge, Milner) So good to get one of the better ones in. Honestly though this home grown doubles the price of any English/Welsh player.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker