Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 752065 times)

Offline Flyhalf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #2240 on: November 16, 2018, 05:55:28 pm »
Watching that video, he's a top lad, top character. Great to see him being positive

Great video that, thank you

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2241 on: November 16, 2018, 06:04:08 pm »
Thanks for posting that.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 10:10:02 pm by newterp »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2242 on: November 16, 2018, 06:32:09 pm »
An interview with Alex is always a pleasure, top lad. Good luck Alex with the continued rehab.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2244 on: November 16, 2018, 10:02:28 pm »
Great interview with Ox, hope we see him back before the end of the season

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2245 on: November 16, 2018, 11:07:37 pm »
Can't have him back soon enough.  He made such a difference last season.  The prospect of him in this team is mouth watering.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2246 on: November 17, 2018, 12:24:50 am »
Can't wait until he's back, such a good player and is going to thrive in our midfield

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2247 on: November 17, 2018, 12:49:08 am »
Hmm hopefully he won’t try and be back this season and has the right people round to get him to take his time - he’s odds against to be the player he was, should give himself every chance to beat those odds

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2248 on: November 17, 2018, 01:44:25 am »
That's a bit steep isn't it DF? I was thinking he'd be starting games mid way through next season, maybe not at his best to begin with but pushing close to that level eventually.

The point is he has no idea just like everyone else, it's mere guess work.  He could just as well be back up to speed after 2 months. 

Offline LFC78/79

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2249 on: November 17, 2018, 08:05:05 am »
Can't wait until he's back, such a good player and is going to thrive in our midfield
Agree. He's was outstanding last season

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2250 on: November 17, 2018, 08:30:46 am »
Hmm hopefully he won’t try and be back this season and has the right people round to get him to take his time - he’s odds against to be the player he was, should give himself every chance to beat those odds
My thoughts too

Even if our season is falling apart when he's cleared to play again, this seems like the kind of injury where it might not be worth risking him even if he's at 99%

Then again there will come a time where there's nothing left to do but get on the pitch, get sharp and put his knee under the strain and knocks that will truly test whether or not it's healed. It will be terrifying to watch as a fan, christ knows how players get through that period where they feel a major injury could occur at any moment through something as innocuous as a slip.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2251 on: November 17, 2018, 09:24:39 am »
Might be worth just waiting to see how he does?

I'm pretty sure we've got the right manager and medical team to ensure he isn't rushed back too early. Don't think its particularly helpful to say stuff like 'he wont be back to his best for two years' and 'I hope he wont try and be back this season'. He's obviously absolutely driven and motivated by getting back as soon as he can, again we have far too many amateur physios who really have next to no idea what sort of timescale we should be looking at. We've got a lad at CB who people said would never fulfil the potential he had because of a knee injury, and look at him now.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2252 on: November 17, 2018, 09:28:09 am »
Might be worth just waiting to see how he does?

I'm pretty sure we've got the right manager and medical team to ensure he isn't rushed back too early. Don't think its particularly helpful to say stuff like 'he wont be back to his best for two years' and 'I hope he wont try and be back this season'. He's obviously absolutely driven and motivated by getting back as soon as he can, again we have far too many amateur physios who really have next to no idea what sort of timescale we should be looking at. We've got a lad at CB who people said would never fulfil the potential he had because of a knee injury, and look at him now.

This.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2253 on: November 17, 2018, 03:15:47 pm »
Here's more on OX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxQMfvgWmvs

Great watch and it feels pretty positive in terms of his road to recovery.

Grown to really like him in a short space of time, just seems like a good lad.
YNWA.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2254 on: November 18, 2018, 01:41:52 pm »
My thoughts too

Even if our season is falling apart when he's cleared to play again, this seems like the kind of injury where it might not be worth risking him even if he's at 99%

Then again there will come a time where there's nothing left to do but get on the pitch, get sharp and put his knee under the strain and knocks that will truly test whether or not it's healed. It will be terrifying to watch as a fan, christ knows how players get through that period where they feel a major injury could occur at any moment through something as innocuous as a slip.

The sports cars, mansions and chicks help a little...

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2255 on: November 18, 2018, 03:11:22 pm »
Even if that's all you cared about, major injuries and rehab are presumably incredibly painful

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2256 on: November 18, 2018, 05:28:10 pm »

The problem with that is very few players are overly passionate about those things, football isn't just a job to most of these lads

A major injury plays with your head and can lead to serious issues for some of these players, when all you've really loved to since since childhood is one thing, having your body not allow for you to do that (especially if its the first break you've had from it, enforced or otherwise) is incredibly hard to push through

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #2257 on: November 18, 2018, 07:30:49 pm »
nope, nope and nope not how the human brain works
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #2258 on: November 18, 2018, 10:57:33 pm »
It must be tough, having to go through all of this, whilst watching the team play. A true sign of this mans positive attitude. Im really sure its not easy. Lucas Leiva another fine character. Come on Alex, can't wait to see you back in this team.

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #2259 on: December 22, 2018, 06:23:47 am »
When is he back ?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2260 on: December 22, 2018, 06:48:28 am »
Next season could be a realistic target.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2261 on: December 22, 2018, 01:20:53 pm »
Next season could be a realistic target.

He will be like a new signing  :)

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #2262 on: December 23, 2018, 08:27:05 pm »
Seems to be a great lad to have around the dressing room as well. I'm sure there will be a small amount of 'win it for Ox' in the team's motivation.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2263 on: December 24, 2018, 06:15:21 pm »
Ran outside in the training for the first time in 8 months, per his instagram.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2264 on: December 24, 2018, 06:29:35 pm »

I don’t know if he will ever get back anywhere near his best, but he’s such a good guy that it’s great to see him out on the pitch again
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2265 on: December 24, 2018, 09:17:22 pm »
Did WelshRed say its 9 months after injury for full contact training?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2266 on: December 24, 2018, 09:25:35 pm »
Did WelshRed say its 9 months after injury for full contact training?

For ACL it's 9 months after surgery, which he had at the start of May. However the PCL has a 1 year return to full training restriction and I believe he's had that reconstructed as well.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #2267 on: December 24, 2018, 09:30:46 pm »
Hoping for a smooth recovery from here on. He deserves it.

Ox’s injury was to the Champions League final what Henderson’s red card was to the 2014 title race. A moment that seems to go overlooked by neutral fans but probably played a big role in how things turned out.

I don’t know if he will ever get back anywhere near his best, but he’s such a good guy that it’s great to see him out on the pitch again
There’s countless examples of players who were never quite the same, but there must also be a few who have bucked the trend and rediscovered their previous level?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2268 on: December 24, 2018, 09:44:34 pm »

Ox’s injury was to the Champions League final what Henderson’s red card was to the 2014 title race. A moment that seems to go overlooked by neutral fans but probably played a big role in how things turned out.There’s countless examples of players who were never quite the same, but there must also be a few who have bucked the trend and rediscovered their previous level?

In American football yes and I want to say in basketball as well.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2269 on: December 24, 2018, 09:44:36 pm »
There’s countless examples of players who were never quite the same, but there must also be a few who have bucked the trend and rediscovered their previous level?

In the general population there's an extremely low return to play rate but professional sports is much, much better, round 95% return within a year which is obviously great news. However their performance significantly drops following ACL repair, for example they play far less games a minutes following with their career being shortened by a few years. Research and the rehab players go through is much, much better than it was so the likelihood of returning at the same level is getting better, look at Fekir, but if Ox is going to get there it may take a very long time.

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #2270 on: December 24, 2018, 10:11:18 pm »
In the general population there's an extremely low return to play rate but professional sports is much, much better, round 95% return within a year which is obviously great news. However their performance significantly drops following ACL repair, for example they play far less games a minutes following with their career being shortened by a few years. Research and the rehab players go through is much, much better than it was so the likelihood of returning at the same level is getting better, look at Fekir, but if Ox is going to get there it may take a very long time.
Each individual is different, there are multiple examples in various sports were there has been zero drop in performance or career longevity.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #2271 on: December 24, 2018, 10:12:03 pm »
Instinctively, which at least in my case is often wrong, I can't help thinking that the impacts in American Football must logically be more severe than in our sport? I mean, potentially, at least, its full body force impacting the legs/knees from most possible angles is it not?

I realise that I might be wrong and no doubt an edict of the "other" football might be to tackle high? Surely running backs in particular, though, must routinely undergo much larger impacts to the legs/knees than "soccer" players  ;) Unless they play for Liverpool and get zero protection from referees  ::)

Anyhow, I digress... Happy Crimbo Ox lad. You've been an inspiration since your little knock  ;) and in honour of your progress we as a family (me and the two dogs) are dispensing with the usual Christmas crap in favour of oxtail soup for starters, followed up by spit roasted  :-X ox. I've no doubt that later on in the proceedings the chambermaid will be called upon to empty the chamber pot at some point.

Well done son. Keep it up in the new year, cannot fucking wait to see you run out at Anfield again in the Liverpool red  :-*

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #2272 on: December 24, 2018, 10:14:53 pm »

Ox’s injury was to the Champions League final what Henderson’s red card was to the 2014 title race. A moment that seems to go overlooked by neutral fans but probably played a big role in how things turned out.There’s countless examples of players who were never quite the same, but there must also be a few who have bucked the trend and rediscovered their previous level?

Roberto Baggio would be the best example.

I read that his injury was horrific and all the opinions he got were that he was done in pro football. He was 17 at the time.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2273 on: December 24, 2018, 10:14:57 pm »
Each individual is different, there are multiple examples in various sports were there has been zero drop in performance or career longevity.
The stats look like it’s about a one in five chance of this for his injury..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2274 on: December 24, 2018, 10:21:34 pm »
Nistelrooy and Shearer did their ACLs before their best seasons IIRC
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #2275 on: December 24, 2018, 10:21:36 pm »

I read that his injury was horrific and all the opinions he got were that he was done in pro football. He was 17 at the time.
Correction, he was 18. I

https://www.football-italia.net/73161/baggio-i-wanted-die
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2276 on: December 24, 2018, 10:26:36 pm »
Correction, he was 18. I

The worry with Ox is the effect the injury will have on his power, which was a crucial part of his game.

Hope his recovery goes off without a hitch...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2277 on: December 24, 2018, 10:43:25 pm »
Nistelrooy and Shearer did their ACLs before their best seasons IIRC
Trouble is, he’s done the mcl, acl and pcl... and maybe the meniscus too (although no one has mentioned that)...

So it’s much bigger than for those two.
W

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2278 on: December 24, 2018, 10:44:44 pm »

Perhaps, though Baggio has spoken in retirement about the agonising pain that he lived with. (Perhaps sports science and surgery have advanced enough that AOC won't have to worry about that, though.)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2740426/Argentina-legend-Gabriel-Batistuta-begged-doctors-remove-legs.html

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2279 on: December 24, 2018, 10:53:59 pm »

No, this is decades and decades of research into ACL injuries and their subsequent repairs in the general population and also professional sports. Each individual is different but the trends are still the same. Players do come back and they can perform at a higher level but the facts are straight that there's a very small amount who do.