Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1877266 times)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #15800 on: October 20, 2023, 03:21:06 pm »
Made of biscuits.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15801 on: October 20, 2023, 06:16:05 pm »
Pretty sure there were people on here who were suggesting we should offer him a new contract.  Absolute madness.

yes - some of the rationalization for why we should was just crazy.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15802 on: October 20, 2023, 06:17:46 pm »
Such a massive waste of money and talent. Not sure which team would now take a punt on him, he's done.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #15803 on: October 20, 2023, 06:24:08 pm »
How on earth did he pass his medical at Bremen??
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15804 on: October 20, 2023, 08:01:18 pm »
How on earth did he pass his medical at Bremen??

Could be one of the mysteries of the century come to think of it.

Maybe they just really wanted a high profile player who'd spent years at a big club. Something to excite the fans on a free transfer. Fuck knows to be honest.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #15805 on: October 21, 2023, 09:40:04 pm »
Made of biscuits.
Most biscuits I can think of are more robust than he is.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15806 on: October 23, 2023, 10:45:43 am »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15807 on: October 23, 2023, 02:35:51 pm »
Averaging 10 minutes per game (80mins over 8 Bundesliga matches).

Transfermarkt has him currently valued @ €9m down from the €65m we paid.

did we actually pay that much or just media chatter adding his wages, bonus, treatment cost, x ray cost, MRI costs? i think certain targets were definitely not met

and just a reminder we have a 200k per week player that haven't start a game for us in months. doubt we be even getting half of what naby is valued for :-X

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15808 on: October 28, 2023, 02:03:20 pm »
did we actually pay that much or just media chatter adding his wages, bonus, treatment cost, x ray cost, MRI costs? i think certain targets were definitely not met

and just a reminder we have a 200k per week player that haven't start a game for us in months. doubt we be even getting half of what naby is valued for :-X

The burn on Keita was worse because we also had Henderson, Ox and (last season) Fabinho at the same time. We accept Thiago as a luxury because we can afford to carry him given the alternatives.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #15809 on: November 3, 2023, 09:54:22 am »
Final deferred bill came to £52m, some weird clause about RBL making the CL the season we left him there.

Still comfortably the worst value signing under Klopp.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15810 on: November 27, 2023, 02:09:59 pm »
Apparently he's now out with an unspecified "illness" with no predicted return date.  He was due to play in a behind-closed-doors friendly but didn't.

Werder Bremen will complete the full Naby Keita experience in a few months when he plays every minute of AFCON for Guinea before returning to continue his rehab.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15811 on: November 27, 2023, 02:38:37 pm »
Apparently he's now out with an unspecified "illness" with no predicted return date.  He was due to play in a behind-closed-doors friendly but didn't.

Werder Bremen will complete the full Naby Keita experience in a few months when he plays every minute of AFCON for Guinea before returning to continue his rehab.

I like Baby Keith - and he seems like a nice enough person - but if he did go to AFCON and play there - I'd really question his priorities (in terms of Werder). If I was running the show there, I'd even terminate his contract if that happened.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 03:37:38 pm by newterp »

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15812 on: November 27, 2023, 03:32:35 pm »
I'm glad we've finally put this circus behind us. No player is worth waiting for through these amount of injuries, no matter how good he is.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #15813 on: November 27, 2023, 03:49:28 pm »
I'm glad we've finally put this circus behind us. No player is worth waiting for through these amount of injuries, no matter how good he is.

We haven't, we've just renamed the circus to Thiago. People still go on about "IF he's fit he is a starter/world class" blah blah like, they do not learn.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15814 on: November 27, 2023, 03:52:15 pm »
We haven't, we've just renamed the circus to Thiago. People still go on about "IF he's fit he is a starter/world class" blah blah like, they do not learn.

There's a difference here between the two.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15815 on: November 27, 2023, 03:54:33 pm »

Thiago will soon be gone too and he's twice the player Keita will ever be.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15816 on: November 27, 2023, 08:06:21 pm »
I wonder if Naby will retire from club football to prolong his international career

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15817 on: November 28, 2023, 01:31:43 am »
why do some people talk about players getting injuries as if the player is doing something nefarious? reckon there's a solid chance most players are more frustrated than the people acting bitter about them

there's no sign he's some daft prick like carroll taking the piss, getting injuries acting a twat while drunk or high. don't really get it

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15818 on: November 28, 2023, 01:45:30 pm »
why do some people talk about players getting injuries as if the player is doing something nefarious? reckon there's a solid chance most players are more frustrated than the people acting bitter about them

there's no sign he's some daft prick like carroll taking the piss, getting injuries acting a twat while drunk or high. don't really get it

personally, I don't think he's being nefarious - but I also think he's a player (based on some of the stories that have circulated) isn't hurrying to get back and won't play if he doesn't feel 100% - certainly not at the club level. As noted - he seems like a nice person - and certainly got along well with the teammates while here.

I just don't think he has the drive to excel, anymore. It's possible the rash of injuries compounded by his injury with Guinea that was mismanaged changed his mindset.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15819 on: November 28, 2023, 08:32:53 pm »
I wonder if Naby will retire from club football to prolong his international career

:lmao
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15820 on: November 29, 2023, 01:20:40 am »

I think he's done it already

this season 4 games for Guinea and 3 for Bremen

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #15821 on: November 30, 2023, 09:26:59 am »
Taking the liberty of locking this for a while, as this thread just seems to go round in circles and doesn't have any particular relevance to our football club at the moment.