Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2592237 times)

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
Re: Spurs
« Reply #10200 on: March 4, 2018, 01:35:52 pm »
If it finishes 3-3 on Wednesday who won the first leg?

touche
Believer

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10201 on: March 4, 2018, 01:35:53 pm »
If it finishes 3-3 on Wednesday who won the first leg?

Juventus.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10202 on: March 4, 2018, 01:38:02 pm »
Schrödinger's football match
Believer

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #10203 on: March 4, 2018, 02:12:56 pm »
Should Alli be serving a two game ban for that dive the other week? Or does that retrospective punishment rule only apply to foreign players?
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #10204 on: March 4, 2018, 02:28:42 pm »
Should Alli be serving a two game ban for that dive the other week? Or does that retrospective punishment rule only apply to foreign players?

Ref saw it so it won't get retrospective punishment, that's been the rule all season.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10205 on: March 4, 2018, 02:37:00 pm »
Technically, if it finished 0 - 0 on Wednesday, Spurs go through. So yes, we did win the first leg.  ;D

Are you genuinely that stupid or am I being whooshed? :D
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10206 on: March 4, 2018, 02:38:00 pm »

Only applies if the ref if conned by it. If not then the player can't be done. It's a ridiculous rule.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10207 on: March 4, 2018, 03:33:40 pm »
Are you genuinely that stupid or am I being whooshed? :D

Read the whole thread mate  ;D

He makes Gazza sound like Einstein
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Kopite
« Reply #10208 on: March 4, 2018, 03:40:35 pm »

Yeah, for thinking Kane is better than Torres/Bergkamp. Crazy opinion.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10209 on: March 4, 2018, 07:38:38 pm »
Only applies if the ref if conned by it. If not then the player can't be done. It's a ridiculous rule.

Yup, bizarre rule that means the punishment for diving is a yellow if the ref sees it, but a two game ban if he doesn't.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10210 on: March 4, 2018, 07:43:33 pm »

;D

Offline CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10211 on: March 4, 2018, 07:49:44 pm »
Yeah, for thinking Kane is better than Torres/Bergkamp. Crazy opinion.

It is actually.

Do they let you cross the road on your own or are you not allowed outside the main gates?

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10212 on: March 4, 2018, 07:58:32 pm »
We are so nailed on to get Spurs in the quarters
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10213 on: March 4, 2018, 08:09:47 pm »
It is actually.

It's probably a wrong opinion but I wouldn't go as far as to say 'crazy'. Kane deserves to be mentioned in that company now, definitely in PL terms anyway.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10214 on: March 4, 2018, 08:15:50 pm »

agreed
Believer

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10215 on: March 4, 2018, 08:24:37 pm »
It's probably a wrong opinion but I wouldn't go as far as to say 'crazy'. Kane deserves to be mentioned in that company now, definitely in PL terms anyway.

If you’ve got a number of top class players, you tend to use trophies and achievements to sort them out. And....well, you know. I mean Matt Le Tissier was pretty awesome but you’d likely get laughed out of whatever room you were in if you compared him to other PL legendary attacking midfielders.

Kane hasn’t really done...anything. Apart from score lots of goals (yeah I know...).

But yeah, at risk of derailing the thread again I’ll stop. But just for clarity, anyone even comparing Harry Kane to Dennis Bergkamp let alone trying to argue that he’s better is completely batshit crazy or stupider than stupid.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10216 on: March 4, 2018, 08:27:28 pm »
If you’ve got a number of top class players, you tend to use trophies and achievements to sort them out. And....well, you know. I mean Matt Le Tissier was pretty awesome but you’d likely get laughed out of whatever room you were in if you compared him to other PL legendary attacking midfielders.

Kane hasn’t really done...anything. Apart from score lots of goals (yeah I know...).

But yeah, at risk of derailing the thread again I’ll stop. But just for clarity, anyone even comparing Harry Kane to Dennis Bergkamp let alone trying to argue that he’s better is completely batshit crazy or stupider than stupid.

I think your daddy issues are getting in the way of you being objective about this blud ;D

Sounds like the type of bollocks Man Utd fans come out with saying Fletcher's better than Gerrard because "trophies".

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #10217 on: March 4, 2018, 08:32:56 pm »
agreed

I’d be more nervous about that than playing pretty much anyone else. 

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10218 on: March 4, 2018, 08:35:08 pm »

Can see Juventus beating them by one goal Wednesday. Despite Spurs coming out of that game with a lot of deserved credit they could of easily been 3-0 or 3-1 down at half time.

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10219 on: March 4, 2018, 08:35:53 pm »
I’d be more nervous about that than playing pretty much anyone else. 

Really? I'd rather have them than any of the other English sides:

City - would probably beat us 10-8 on aggregate.
United - defensive, scrappy shite with them getting a jammy last minute handball.
Chelsea - if they get through then they'll have proved they can stop attacking quality.

Spurs are dangerous but over 2 legs I don't think they'd have the experience to knock us out. The way they set up would play into our hands more.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10220 on: March 4, 2018, 08:36:50 pm »
I'd have Bergkamp over Kane because I think he was just far better to watch. While Kane is a brilliant goalscorer and definitely the striker I'd choose from another PL team I don't think there's much about him to love watching. It's precise, robotic and mightily effective but where's the moments of magic that we love to watch football for? Pretty much why I'd never choose Ronaldo over Messi.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #10221 on: March 4, 2018, 09:00:32 pm »
Ref saw it so it won't get retrospective punishment, that's been the rule all season.
So the ref saw it, and didn't book him for no apparent reason, and that incompetence now means Alli escapes all punishment?
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10222 on: March 4, 2018, 09:13:54 pm »
Really? I'd rather have them than any of the other English sides:

City - would probably beat us 10-8 on aggregate.
United - defensive, scrappy shite with them getting a jammy last minute handball.
Chelsea - if they get through then they'll have proved they can stop attacking quality.

Spurs are dangerous but over 2 legs I don't think they'd have the experience to knock us out. The way they set up would play into our hands more.

dunno mate...their divey players ensured a 2 leg victory over us in the league.  Don't get me wrong, I back our team over theirs every day of the week. Just as long as the dice aren't loaded
Believer

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #10223 on: March 4, 2018, 09:28:41 pm »
Well yes, quite. That’s generally how knockout matches work.
:lmao

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10224 on: March 4, 2018, 09:29:48 pm »
I'd have Bergkamp over Kane because I think he was just far better to watch. While Kane is a brilliant goalscorer and definitely the striker I'd choose from another PL team I don't think there's much about him to love watching. It's precise, robotic and mightily effective but where's the moments of magic that we love to watch football for? Pretty much why I'd never choose Ronaldo over Messi.

Assuming Klopp wanted Kane, got him, and set us up to play to his strengths, we'd win a ton of trophies with his goals (no disrespect to any of our current players, especially Bobby). Kane at a big club is terrifying. Kane as Le Tissier is just an annoyance.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10225 on: March 4, 2018, 09:39:54 pm »
Kane at a big club is terrifying.
::)

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10226 on: March 4, 2018, 09:48:10 pm »
I think your daddy issues are getting in the way of you being objective about this blud ;D

Sounds like the type of bollocks Man Utd fans come out with saying Fletcher's better than Gerrard because "trophies".

1. Classy  :)

2. I’m not sure saying Fletcher is better than Gerrard ‘cos trophies’ is quite the same level as saying Bergkamp is better than Kane ‘cos trophies and ability and longevity etc’. But never mind, you carry on with your classy comments about people’s dads  ;D Something something something Leicester supporter ;)

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10227 on: March 4, 2018, 09:58:28 pm »
::)

Imagine this season with him at Chelsea or the Mancs instead of Morata/Lukaku?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10228 on: March 4, 2018, 10:09:33 pm »
Agree with that. But it’s a strange comparision to begin with, as Bergkamp was a playmaker much more than a striker - in the premier league anyway - and a very different type of player.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #10229 on: March 4, 2018, 10:25:25 pm »
Expecting these to nose dive very soon. As well as just plain old diving of course.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10230 on: March 4, 2018, 10:27:59 pm »
Imagine this season with him at Chelsea or the Mancs instead of Morata/Lukaku?
Would he be any more effective than he is at Spurs? The whole Spurs set-up is geared to bring the best out of him. Would Hazard sacrifice his own glory for the sake of Kane? Is Lukaku the problem or is it, Mourinho? I don't think Lukaku is holding ManU back - they just don't seem particularly keen to get the ball to him quickly. I'll admit I haven't seen too much of ManU because they're not a good watch - so bloody pedestrian.

So, who knows how he'd perform away from Spurs. I'm sure he could be very good, as he's a very good striker, but I'm significantly short of being terrified.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10231 on: March 5, 2018, 01:28:08 am »
Would he be any more effective than he is at Spurs? The whole Spurs set-up is geared to bring the best out of him. Would Hazard sacrifice his own glory for the sake of Kane? Is Lukaku the problem or is it, Mourinho? I don't think Lukaku is holding ManU back - they just don't seem particularly keen to get the ball to him quickly. I'll admit I haven't seen too much of ManU because they're not a good watch - so bloody pedestrian.

So, who knows how he'd perform away from Spurs. I'm sure he could be very good, as he's a very good striker, but I'm significantly short of being terrified.

How many points do you think you would add to the Mancs if he starts instead of Lukaku? Do you think we reel them in the way we have done over the last two months if he's fit and firing? I don't think so.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #10232 on: March 5, 2018, 01:40:58 am »

My thoughts p much. I don't think there are many sides out there who would supply Kane as well as Spurs do, and definitely not one who would build around him like they have. He's a brilliant player for what he is, a fucking incredible goalscorer, but I don't think he's of that level where he can go into any side and be great. Even if he nets 35 league goals this season that won't change my opinion on that score.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10233 on: March 5, 2018, 01:46:13 am »
My thoughts p much. I don't think there are many sides out there who would supply Kane as well as Spurs do, and definitely not one who would build around him like they have. He's a brilliant player for what he is, a fucking incredible goalscorer, but I don't think he's of that level where he can go into any side and be great. Even if he nets 35 league goals this season that won't change my opinion on that score.

if Ferguson was still around, he would have signed him for you lot by now.

• Kopite
« Reply #10234 on: March 5, 2018, 08:37:16 am »

;D you have the audacity to call me crazy? And then post that?

Comparing Kane to Matt Le Tissier?

You actually don't need trophies to sort top class players out. Gerrard hardly had a cabinet of PL medals did he? What about Shearer?

Anyone who starts bringing up trophies to prove the validity of their wrong opinion is clueless. Suarez was clearly one of the best strikers in the world when he left Liverpool and he'd won fuck all. Bale was clearly one of the best attacking wide players in the world when he left spurs and he'd won fuck all.

Kane is clearly one of the best strikers in the world and he has already scored the numbers of goals to put him in the elite bracket. He needs one more PL goal to be the only striker since Shearer and Henry to score over 25 goals in three consecutive seasons.

So when I say Kane is a better striker than Torres or Bergkamp ever was, I think you need to accept that. It's not some out there opinion. Kane will go down as a legendary striker.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10235 on: March 5, 2018, 08:40:43 am »
I agree with your trophy comment, but didn't agree anyone HAS to accept Kane is better than either Bergkamp of Torres.

I'll accept it would be a very valid argument that he is, but then I'd also accept that I think someone could argue both of those had other aspects of their game which they brought to matches which Kane doesn't do anywhere near as regularly.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10236 on: March 5, 2018, 08:48:30 am »
;D you have the audacity to call me crazy? And then post that?

Not quite mate. I said anyone who thinks Harry Kane is a better player than Dennis Bergkamp ever was is either batshit crazy or stupider than stupid. I don’t think you’re crazy :)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10237 on: March 5, 2018, 09:06:33 am »

So when I say Kane is a better striker than Torres or Bergkamp ever was, I think you need to accept that.

Things like this are why people don't want you to post here.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

• Kopite
« Reply #10238 on: March 5, 2018, 09:28:24 am »
Things like this are why people don't want you to post here.

Why? I'm not saying you have to agree with me, but its not a crazy opinion.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10239 on: March 5, 2018, 09:31:32 am »
Why? I'm not saying you have to agree with me

You kinda did....

I think you need to accept that.

Don't agree with Barney though, don't have a problem with you posting personally. A tad biased and defensive about Spurs maybe, but then I'm not sure why you'd be any different given you are a Spurs fan.