Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1515057 times)

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #9120 on: February 17, 2020, 03:15:43 pm »
A bit forced? always some dick heads taking it too far for the old social media posts later on...

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9121 on: February 17, 2020, 06:26:21 pm »
A bit forced? always some dick heads taking it too far for the old social media posts later on...

Yeah, no doubt. Think some just really want some airtime on Inside Anfield or whatever on YouTube  ;D
YNWA.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #9122 on: February 17, 2020, 07:29:44 pm »
Yeah, no doubt. Think some just really want some airtime on Inside Anfield or whatever on YouTube  ;D

And on that note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSvo9sNAYdI

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #9123 on: February 18, 2020, 05:38:10 pm »
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/YBJiwni5v-g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/YBJiwni5v-g</a>
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9124 on: February 19, 2020, 01:07:31 am »
So Wanda visit 2...
Jesus that’s a loud stadium

Take the spurs fans out of it and...

I was in full prawn sandwich world..dropped pesto on my top it was that moody so a few blocks below us..we sounded pretty good even given their wall of noise

Let’s show them how to make noise in three weeks time
+6 ticket exchange

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #9125 on: February 19, 2020, 01:11:29 am »
I concur.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9126 on: February 19, 2020, 08:36:09 am »
And on that note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSvo9sNAYdI

Hahahaha, turns out I'm in one of the shots. Thankfully not a close up!
YNWA.

Offline dobbouk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9127 on: February 20, 2020, 11:09:52 am »
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/YBJiwni5v-g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/YBJiwni5v-g</a>

We must have been sat with you!

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9128 on: February 28, 2020, 10:54:57 am »
Didn't know where to put this, maybe warrants a thread of it's own somewhere.
Jaffa was a top red, often you would see his name chanted & even hoisted up on the Kop.

Fears for Liverpool fan 'Jaffa' living in pub beer garden

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fears-legendary-liverpool-fan-jaffa-17309718#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

Gofund page set up.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-homeless-jaffa?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

He's doing some basic bar work for Hotel TIA. Chatted to him briefly before the Hammers game. Great to see.

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9129 on: March 1, 2020, 04:03:57 am »
Support was pretty good, especially after the final whistle. A shame a fair few decided to leave after the third goal.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #9130 on: March 1, 2020, 07:02:13 am »
Support was pretty good, especially after the final whistle. A shame a fair few decided to leave after the third goal.

That's a shame - they've made all that effort to travel and support the team and when the team needs their support they decide to leave.

I always admire the away fans as it's not easy to travel to most games and travelling by coach can be a nightmare in itself never mind putting up with home fans, arseoles and local boozers etc but why leave?

This ain't no Champions League final but it's still your team.

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9131 on: March 1, 2020, 09:51:11 am »
Agreed was a decent turnout yesterday
First 20 mins was loud and everybody in time on the chants. It quietened down a bit after that as the match got more tense but picked up again in the last 10 when we showed the full YNWA support
A few walked after the third which was massively uncalled for especially for what the lads have shown us this season

Delighted though we now finally have a retort to the Sign On shit. As soon as they came out with it ,which was not until the 80th or so we burst into a solid Fuck the Tories. It’s boss to watch the surprise and puzzlement on the home fans and stewards and buzzes at the ferocity of that. Keep it up
+6 ticket exchange

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9132 on: March 1, 2020, 09:53:50 am »
It quietened down a bit after that as the match got more tense but picked up again in the last 10 when we showed the full YNWA support

There was a lovely shot on the TV coverage of one old fella belting out YNWA at the top of his voice, on his own, as others around him were getting up to leave.

Well done that man!

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #9133 on: March 1, 2020, 12:01:41 pm »
The YNWA at the end came through really well when I was watching it. Fair play to the travelling fans
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #9134 on: March 1, 2020, 04:01:51 pm »
That's a shame - they've made all that effort to travel and support the team and when the team needs their support they decide to leave.

I always admire the away fans as it's not easy to travel to most games and travelling by coach can be a nightmare in itself never mind putting up with home fans, arseoles and local boozers etc but why leave?

This ain't no Champions League final but it's still your team.

Deffo. We were quite shocked at the number near us who left after the third goal. I mean, FFS, two defeats in 14 months and you can't stay and support them. They know they didn't play well (any of them IMO) but we still ended the afternoon 22 points clear. :no Some of our "followers" (clearly not supporters based on the moaning we had to put up with) or even fans don't deserve to win the League.

Think we had a fair few in the home block to our left too, judging by their reaction to the goals :D (And we knew one).

I think the defeat had been coming but it is how we deal with it that matters. On to Chelsea and more importantly that early KO on Saturday. YNWA
« Last Edit: March 1, 2020, 04:09:00 pm by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9135 on: March 1, 2020, 04:06:11 pm »
Deffo. We were quite shocked at the number near us who left after the third goal. I mean, FFS, two defeats in 14 months and you can't stay and support them. They know they didn't play well (any of them IMO) but we still ended teh afternoon 22 points clear. :no Some of our "followers" (clearly not supporters based on the moaning we had to out up with) or even fans don't deserve to win the League.

Think we had a fair few in the home block to our left too, judging by their reaction to the goals :D (And we knew one).

I think the defeat had been coming but it is how we deal with it that matters. On to Chelsea and more importantly that early KO on Saturday. YNWA

Shame to hear about the people leaving early. The YNWA at the end was quality though.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9136 on: March 1, 2020, 04:17:03 pm »
Quality stuff last night, well in all involved.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9137 on: March 2, 2020, 11:54:08 am »
Agreed was a decent turnout yesterday
First 20 mins was loud and everybody in time on the chants. It quietened down a bit after that as the match got more tense but picked up again in the last 10 when we showed the full YNWA support
A few walked after the third which was massively uncalled for especially for what the lads have shown us this season

Delighted though we now finally have a retort to the Sign On shit. As soon as they came out with it ,which was not until the 80th or so we burst into a solid Fuck the Tories. It’s boss to watch the surprise and puzzlement on the home fans and stewards and buzzes at the ferocity of that. Keep it up

Always thought "Are you Tories in disguise?" Would be a good response when playing against the likes of the Mancs (a Labour city). Fuck the Tories works otherwise.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9138 on: March 3, 2020, 10:36:00 pm »
Sounded great on TV over the familiar strains of that Chelsea favourite about their hero Steven Gerrard.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9139 on: March 4, 2020, 05:56:48 am »
Think we need a new “rousing” song for the end of the season on the scale of Allez Allez Allez. Getting a bit stale. People complain about tourists not knowing many songs but PST is not really easily memorable or particularly motivating for players as good as it can be.
YNWA.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9140 on: March 4, 2020, 06:03:54 am »
We are becoming very lazy when it comes to singing songs these days. Allez, allez, allez needs binning off now for starters. Too many fan bases sing it now anyway.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9141 on: March 4, 2020, 06:05:35 am »
Think we need a new “rousing” song for the end of the season on the scale of Allez Allez Allez. Getting a bit stale. People complain about tourists not knowing many songs but PST is not really easily memorable or particularly motivating for players as good as it can be.

That's because it hardly gets sung and when it does, it's sung at a million miles an hour. Used to sound great back in the day when it was sung properly inside a ground.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9142 on: March 4, 2020, 07:12:28 am »
That's because it hardly gets sung and when it does, it's sung at a million miles an hour. Used to sound great back in the day when it was sung properly inside a ground.

Gets sung at least once, or at least an attempt is made in 305 and some aways. Agreed it goes quickly and can sound great, but it’s not “modern day” catchy like some of our other songs that seem to be popular.
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9143 on: March 4, 2020, 07:14:17 am »
We are becoming very lazy when it comes to singing songs these days. Allez, allez, allez needs binning off now for starters. Too many fan bases sing it now anyway.

Do find it a bit cringe now. It was a great moment that season but it’s overplayed/sung now.

We have three songs all to the same tune (being the most basic football tune about) - we’re gonna win the league - champions of Europe - Trent song. Lazy but I probably couldn’t do better  :D
YNWA.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9144 on: March 4, 2020, 07:21:29 am »

Allez Allez should be saved for big European nights.

What happened to Poetry in Motion?

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #9145 on: March 4, 2020, 08:40:16 am »
Solid Scouse turn out last night. Streets around the ground before kick off...alright lad, over here lad, any spares lad, where yer been lad, how's it going lad etc etc 😉

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9146 on: March 4, 2020, 09:32:23 am »
Allez Allez should be saved for big European nights.

What happened to Poetry in Motion?

Bring back Poetry in Motion and would also be nice to hear Oh Campione, the one and only

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #9147 on: March 4, 2020, 11:13:12 am »
Solid Scouse turn out last night. Streets around the ground before kick off...alright lad, over here lad, any spares lad, where yer been lad, how's it going lad etc etc 😉
All talking to you?! ;D

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9148 on: March 4, 2020, 11:20:55 am »
Sounded great on TV over the familiar strains of that Chelsea favourite about their hero Steven Gerrard.
:D That just about sums up them up. Half our players had had songs sung loud and clear and all they can respond with is that. Very poor. Embarrassing in fact.

Offline gav91v

• Kopite
« Reply #9149 on: March 4, 2020, 11:50:09 am »
:D That just about sums up them up. Half our players had had songs sung loud and clear and all they can respond with is that. Very poor. Embarrassing in fact.

That and the classic "sign on". Walking back to the station with a bunch of them singing it which they found utterly hilarious

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9150 on: March 4, 2020, 12:01:38 pm »
That and the classic "sign on". Walking back to the station with a bunch of them singing it which they found utterly hilarious
They certainly rival the all-time greats in comedy history. You can’t deny them that.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9151 on: March 4, 2020, 12:08:07 pm »
Bring back Poetry in Motion and would also be nice to hear Oh Campione, the one and only

Poetry in Motion should be the main chant this season as world champions

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9152 on: March 4, 2020, 01:21:29 pm »
Not sure how it came over on TV, but the away support in the first half was pretty good. I
was at the front of the upper section but could tell both upper and lower were singing in unison a lot of the time. We certainly outsang them as I hardly heard them until towards the end by which time our support had gone quiet.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9153 on: March 4, 2020, 03:59:31 pm »
Not sure how it came over on TV, but the away support in the first half was pretty good. I
was at the front of the upper section but could tell both upper and lower were singing in unison a lot of the time. We certainly outsang them as I hardly heard them until towards the end by which time our support had gone quiet.

The second there was a lull after their goal you could hear them sing Your support is fucking shit which was a bit rich. All they were singing first half was the Gerrard song.

Most fanbases in England are absolute melts

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #9154 on: August 14, 2021, 08:33:12 pm »
Boss.
:D

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9155 on: August 14, 2021, 08:33:48 pm »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9156 on: August 14, 2021, 08:42:20 pm »
I need to work on my match fitness

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9157 on: August 14, 2021, 08:56:55 pm »
Certainly sounded boss on TV.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #9158 on: August 14, 2021, 09:05:35 pm »
Football without fans has been fucking shit.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #9159 on: August 14, 2021, 09:08:20 pm »
You just don't get 'Fuck the Tories' and 'Maggies in the mud' from the artificial crowd noise.

Anfield is going to be so good next weekend