Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1520021 times)

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #9080 on: January 27, 2020, 12:03:12 pm »
very subdued away end yesterday
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Ossie T

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9081 on: January 27, 2020, 12:29:57 pm »
These away games in the cup at lower divisions are always awful yet to qualify for a ticket you have to have a ridiculous credit history.

The mentality of going to an away game and not making noise i don't really get. If you can't be arsed getting behind the team sell your ticket to someone who will. Even the goal celebrations were half hearted at best.

I do agree to the mentality aspect of it, but then again most of the support who would have been there no doubt are cracking reds who've followed them over the years so I'm not sure how you solve it.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9082 on: January 27, 2020, 12:31:56 pm »
very subdued away end yesterday

Bit like the team performance to be fair

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9083 on: January 27, 2020, 12:43:52 pm »
I do agree to the mentality aspect of it, but then again most of the support who would have been there no doubt are cracking reds who've followed them over the years so I'm not sure how you solve it.

Most of them will be time served by sheer nature of credit requirements. But if they're getting old or blase you need younger fans and fresh faces who will be excited enough about an away day to actually make noise and celebrate goals.

Problem with the cup games as well is it's just a chance to tick a new ground off for many, rather than be all that bothered about the game .

A noisy away support could have lifted the players a bit, rather than stood there like mutes. It might as well have been empty.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9084 on: January 27, 2020, 01:01:00 pm »
Bit like the team performance to be fair

couldn't agree more mate
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9085 on: January 27, 2020, 01:19:39 pm »
couldn't agree more mate

Lets be honest, a cold night in the arse end of nowhere against a lower league club playing in arguably the biggest game in their history

Let them hammer the drum and have their moment and make all the noise. Fair do's to them.

Its always been the same and won't change.  Lot of lads just ticking the ground off their list and a few pints in a new town. :)

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9086 on: January 27, 2020, 02:48:32 pm »
Most of them will be time served by sheer nature of credit requirements. But if they're getting old or blase you need younger fans and fresh faces who will be excited enough about an away day to actually make noise and celebrate goals.

Problem with the cup games as well is it's just a chance to tick a new ground off for many, rather than be all that bothered about the game .

A noisy away support could have lifted the players a bit, rather than stood there like mutes. It might as well have been empty.

I've said it before but it's the closed shop nature of away games. Our away support is getting steadily worse the more difficult it becomes for anyone else to get tickets.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #9087 on: January 27, 2020, 05:27:16 pm »
I did like the old your support is fkin shit, instantly met with a rendition of fuck the tories :)

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9088 on: January 29, 2020, 11:56:29 pm »
Simply the worst ground in the premiership to watch footy
Was really subdued in the stands..some gave it a go but loads of times a song started it was out of time with the next section

Best was after the game under the stands as we all left..that bit kept the noise in and was boss fun
+6 ticket exchange

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9089 on: January 30, 2020, 12:25:14 am »

Agreed. And £6.00/pint Heineken.  Not surprised their own fans want to oust the owners.  Imagine having to go there every home game.

Offline Bobbyf9kungfu

• Main Stander
« Reply #9090 on: January 30, 2020, 12:59:03 am »
I've said it before but it's the closed shop nature of away games. Our away support is getting steadily worse the more difficult it becomes for anyone else to get tickets.

Yep. Something needs to be done about the closed shop of away tickets. Maybe ballot some each game.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #9091 on: January 30, 2020, 06:52:49 am »
Was really subdued in the stands..some gave it a go but loads of times a song started it was out of time with the next section

Best was after the game under the stands as we all left..that bit kept the noise in and was boss fun
Sounded really loud on the stream I was watching, so don’t do yourselves down too much :)

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9092 on: January 30, 2020, 08:51:20 am »
Just remembered the brilliantly cocky change being made to A Liverbird upon my chest

A team that plays the Libpool way
Will win the championship in....March😀
+6 ticket exchange

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9093 on: January 30, 2020, 09:17:55 am »

Really poor stadium that for singing. It felt like loads were giving it a go in the upper but the noise just disappears. Could see people's arms going in the lower but so hard to pick up any sound which meanst it was difficult to join in at the same time. It actually sounds better on TV than in the ground.

And yeah the singing on the courcourse was boss afterwards and a good bit of singing on the walk back to Westfield

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9094 on: January 30, 2020, 10:06:47 am »
Awful stadium. Hope they get relegated so we don't have to go there again for a while.

Got myself into the lower as my eyesight is shite but it sounded like the upper was louder and busier. There was a noticeable amount of empty seats in the lower I thought but maybe people bunched together in the upper.
YNWA.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9095 on: January 30, 2020, 10:16:54 am »
Just remembered the brilliantly cocky change being made to A Liverbird upon my chest

Ha - great improv

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9096 on: January 30, 2020, 11:14:30 am »

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9097 on: January 30, 2020, 11:15:51 am »
Awful stadium. Hope they get relegated so we don't have to go there again for a while.

Got myself into the lower as my eyesight is shite but it sounded like the upper was louder and busier. There was a noticeable amount of empty seats in the lower I thought but maybe people bunched together in the upper.

Yeah, it's easy there to go into the upper/lower without the right ticket so sounds like people went where they liked. I'd always choose the lower there though.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #9098 on: January 30, 2020, 01:48:22 pm »
hadn't been to an away in a while until yesterday but how comes we only seem to sing song based off the "we're gonna win the league" tune, seems like every other song was that just different words lol
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #9099 on: February 2, 2020, 10:24:46 am »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9100 on: February 2, 2020, 11:05:23 am »
^ love it :D

Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankly ...

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9101 on: February 2, 2020, 11:47:08 am »
Our away support isn't up to much these days (the closed shop etc) but at least we're not like the likes of Southampton. Let's turn up and sing absolute bollocks for 90 minutes and be as obnoxious as possible and not sing for our own team. Why bother?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #9102 on: February 2, 2020, 12:01:39 pm »
Our away support isn't up to much these days (the closed shop etc) but at least we're not like the likes of Southampton. Let's turn up and sing absolute bollocks for 90 minutes and be as obnoxious as possible and not sing for our own team. Why bother?
I never heard them once yesterday. Just noticed they din't bring many
We are a team of one half.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #9103 on: February 2, 2020, 01:28:31 pm »

Lol. It was always a bit feisty at Blackburn in the 60’s. Don’t think they liked us much! (police rather than the supporters) You used to be able to walk round the inside of the ground and stand behind the goal that the Reds were attacking. When they put fences up to prevent that from happening loads of our lot just ran across the pitch at halftime pursued by Lancashire Constabulary’s finest.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2020, 10:22:04 am by Theoldkopite »

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #9104 on: February 3, 2020, 04:05:56 am »
I never heard them once yesterday. Just noticed they din't bring many

I remember being in the Road End for Southampton in 2013 when Lovren scored for them and they had the full half stand. I know it's a bloody long way, but they've definitely brought thousands more before. Considering they've been shooting up the table last few weeks you'd have thought they'd have been in better voice.

This sounds dead patronising doesn't it? But you'd have thought sides turning up at Anfield this year, City last, United in the 90s etc. would think "fuck it, we'll probably get battered, let's just have a sing-song anyway."
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9105 on: February 16, 2020, 06:41:56 am »
Hand it over Manchester   8)

Offline Espresso Bar

• Kopite
« Reply #9106 on: February 16, 2020, 10:36:54 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3VYz_OojVU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3VYz_OojVU</a>

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #9107 on: February 16, 2020, 11:00:56 am »
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/l3VYz_OojVU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/l3VYz_OojVU</a>
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #9108 on: February 16, 2020, 11:44:52 am »
What was the  aggro in their end closest to us about ?Couldn't handle a few reds in the home end ?
Kenny Godglish

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #9109 on: February 16, 2020, 12:48:37 pm »
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/l3VYz_OojVU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/l3VYz_OojVU</a>
Nice clip.

Hated the half n half scarf at the front though.
For a moment felt like i was watching Man U away!

Then I realised it couldn't be.
They got nothing to sing about haha

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9110 on: February 16, 2020, 01:22:30 pm »
Everyone goes wild there ..except for the bloke they zoom in on at 10 seconds...odd reaction?
Decent away that..concourse was buzzy..crowd was good and in sync in the stands
The waterfront is a good place for prematch but could do with more staff serving...and less said about Great Anglia trains the better
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 02:03:18 pm by monkeyharris »
+6 ticket exchange

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #9111 on: February 16, 2020, 03:19:54 pm »
Was really good after we scored. Always fun seeing people fucking over seats celebrating too.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #9112 on: February 16, 2020, 04:15:36 pm »
It was one of the strangest football crowds we'd seen yesterday at first. Drunk woman turns up and spent the first half all over the fella next to her, hands everywhere! You'd think we'd been in a club. ::)
Her hands were sliding up and down his legs - he passed his wallet to his mate in case :D
And she spent a lot of time facing people behind her and telling them to singer louder - whilst not joining in when we sang. There were comments from guys all around us.
We were all just trying to watch the match and she was just annoying.. Then she went, climbing up over the railings to get out...minus her coat. She never came back. The fella she'd been groping followed her out to get his cap back off her and gave her her coat. My mate said she was sitting on the sinks in the toilets at HT!
Not sure she'll remember much about the game! :D

But apart from that it wasn't back around us. There was a lad of about 12 who was so wound up and angry before we scored he'll be lucky to reach 16!! But he left with a smile on his face
We are a team of one half.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #9113 on: February 16, 2020, 07:06:57 pm »
What was the  aggro in their end closest to us about ?Couldn't handle a few reds in the home end ?

That's where their younger generation of fans sit. Basically pissed up knobheads who know fuck all about football. My closest mate is a city fan and he got rid of his season ticket in there because of them.

Most likely a red in there that they didn't like. I was sat pretty much next to the away fans (more families there) and the noise all game was good. Erupted after the goal until the end, me and my lad celebrated and turned out there was about 8 reds around us too.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #9114 on: February 16, 2020, 08:02:04 pm »
Had a great time at the game yesterday, though my wife went missing before the game and I found her at full time with a wet arse.

Online storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9115 on: February 16, 2020, 08:38:06 pm »
Had a great time at the game yesterday, though my wife went missing before the game and I found her at full time with a wet arse.
;D ;D
funniest post I have read in weeks

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #9116 on: February 16, 2020, 09:55:32 pm »

;D
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9117 on: February 16, 2020, 11:37:35 pm »

:D

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #9118 on: February 17, 2020, 02:44:21 pm »
This 'limbs everywhere' generation needs to fuck off.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9119 on: February 17, 2020, 02:50:40 pm »
This 'limbs everywhere' generation needs to fuck off.

Is a bit forced sometimes. See people randomly piling on to their mates. But when it's unexpected it's not bad. Was a bit of a heavy fall when Sadio scored.

I'm more of a fan of just waving hands and embracing strangers (or just shaking the life out of them).
YNWA.