Author Topic: Álisson Ramsés Becker  (Read 954638 times)

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alisson Ramses Becker
« Reply #2280 on: December 13, 2018, 12:58:50 am »
Now I understand. He got 13 as his number because that's the total goals he's conceding in the league this season.

Hoping he gets the no. 1 shirt next season...

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2281 on: December 13, 2018, 01:20:12 am »
Absolutely!
Virgil with Karius would still not work.
Well, Karius' huge improvement coincided with Virgil's arrival. However, it all fell apart in the final. The quality and confidence Alisson brings cannot be understated.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #2282 on: December 13, 2018, 03:49:37 am »
Hoping he gets the no. 1 shirt next season...

I don’t. 13 is boss.

And his song should be 13 by Danzig/Johnny cash
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2283 on: December 13, 2018, 05:30:39 am »
I don’t. 13 is boss.

What CB wears 13? Odd that...

;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2284 on: December 13, 2018, 07:45:23 am »
Just read somewhere that we've scored more against him in two games (7) this year than sixteen Premier League clubs have this season (6).  ;D

You mean further up the page you posted this on?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2285 on: December 13, 2018, 08:33:37 am »
I like Karius and think that he is a good keeper, despite the final.

But Alisson is something else. Those wonder saves. The first time I thought of Dudek and that he might have got lucky, but he's done it more often now. And thats on top o his general keeping, control of the box, communication with the defense, quick restarts and so on.

Loved the chant for him against Napoli. Never heard that for a goalie before. :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #2286 on: December 13, 2018, 10:28:07 am »
I like Karius and think that he is a good keeper, despite the final.

But Alisson is something else. Those wonder saves. The first time I thought of Dudek and that he might have got lucky, but he's done it more often now. And thats on top o his general keeping, control of the box, communication with the defense, quick restarts and so on.

Loved the chant for him against Napoli. Never heard that for a goalie before. :)
I forgot about that. It was epic. One of those "We don't have a song yet for you, but fuck we're gonna let you know that you're boss"

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2287 on: December 13, 2018, 10:42:00 am »
To be fair we robbed Roma twice!
Believer

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #2288 on: December 13, 2018, 10:58:47 am »

Remember how they made us pay a "premium" for Alisson because they felt robbed about how well Salah done for us.....

Well next player we buy from Roma will have a double premium so £100 million + for the next guy we're getting from them  :P

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2289 on: December 13, 2018, 12:17:25 pm »
Absolutely!
Virgil with Karius would still not work.
Well, it kinda did if you look at the rate we were conceding with that combination, but why let reality intrude on a good "Player X is shit' narrative?

Agree though, that Alisson and Van Dijk is far better. Alisson's vaguely similar stylistically to Karius (ie a proactive sweeper keeper type), but just a hell of a lot better at almost every facet of the game.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2290 on: December 13, 2018, 12:22:43 pm »

Roma robbed International, they signed him for 8mil.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2291 on: December 13, 2018, 12:40:47 pm »
Well, it kinda did if you look at the rate we were conceding with that combination, but why let reality intrude on a good "Player X is shit' narrative?

Agree though, that Alisson and Van Dijk is far better. Alisson's vaguely similar stylistically to Karius (ie a proactive sweeper keeper type), but just a hell of a lot better at almost every facet of the game.

Fixed.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2292 on: December 13, 2018, 01:05:43 pm »

Aside from rushing out to close the angle in 1v1 situations, which any goalkeeper worth his salt will do now anyway, I'm struggling to see any real similarities between the two.

Karius wasn't anywhere near as comfortable with his feet despite being made out to be Ederson Mk II on here.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2293 on: December 13, 2018, 02:03:25 pm »
Aside from rushing out to close the angle in 1v1 situations, which any goalkeeper worth his salt will do now anyway, I'm struggling to see any real similarities between the two.

Karius wasn't anywhere near as comfortable with his feet despite being made out to be Ederson Mk II on here.

Karius is really good and quick at coming off his line to deal with balls over the top to be fair. Probably better in that regard than Alisson actually, from what I've seen so far.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #2294 on: December 13, 2018, 02:09:12 pm »
I forgot about that. It was epic. One of those "We don't have a song yet for you, but fuck we're gonna let you know that you're boss"

There's a snippet of it at 4min19sec on the following link

https://video.liverpoolfc.com/player/0_mw1muap9/?feedId=4894e552-b329-4132-bf8d-f5fbafe95f20&page=0&pageSize=20&sortOrder=asc&title=Featured%20Videos&wgu=264175_54264_15447099602033_a5ede20ec6&wgexpiry=1552485960&source=webgains&siteid=54264&utm_source=affiliates&utm_medium=webgains&utm_campaign=54264

An incredible collective spontaneous combustion of relief and gratitude and a privilege to have been a tiny part of.

;D

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2295 on: December 13, 2018, 02:50:34 pm »

Agreed, Karius is a good goalkeeper, but Alisson is world class, the best in the league and one of the best in the world. Horrible what happened to Karius, concussed in the biggest game in club football, made some absolute howlers, and lost his place in the team as a result. :(

But, you know, every cloud and that... and Big Al is some silver lining.  ;D

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2296 on: December 13, 2018, 03:04:41 pm »

No idea if anyone ever made Karius out to be Ederson Mk ll, but I think he was pretty comfortable with the ball at his feet, and good at moving it on quickly which seemed to fit how we play very well. Good short passing game too. His long passing always seemed pretty poor though, and Alisson smashes him at this, and is a much better shot stopper too as well as being a much more calming, confident presence and just, well, better generally.

Still, we probably shouldn't get into it about Karius again. From memory you were in the "Karius is shite" camp, I was in the "Karius is alright" camp, and there never seems to be much bridging of that gap. It matters not anymore, anyway; Alisson is simply much better than any keeper we've had in years, and it's great.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2297 on: December 13, 2018, 03:19:39 pm »
Don't know why people still feel the need to have digs at Loris. He was our keeper right through the run to the final and was doing fine until that thug elbowed him in the head. I'm gutted he went on loan, Alisson is a better keeper obviously, but I would have much preferred Loris to Mignolet as back up and as the FA and League Cup keeper.

Anyway, back to the thread - if I was a kid again, Alisson would be my hero. Clem was the keeper I modelled myself on and I would be copying Alisson now.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2298 on: December 13, 2018, 03:37:03 pm »
No idea if anyone ever made Karius out to be Ederson Mk ll, but I think he was pretty comfortable with the ball at his feet, and good at moving it on quickly which seemed to fit how we play very well. Good short passing game too. His long passing always seemed pretty poor though, and Alisson smashes him at this, and is a much better shot stopper too as well as being a much more calming, confident presence and just, well, better generally great.

Fair summary, although I don't think Karius' distribution was as quick as he was credited for here. I highlighted how slow he was against Spurs at home for example.

Don't know why people still feel the need to have digs at Loris. He was our keeper right through the run to the final and was doing fine until that thug elbowed him in the head. I'm gutted he went on loan, Alisson is a better keeper obviously, but I would have much preferred Loris to Mignolet as back up and as the FA and League Cup keeper.

Anyway, back to the thread - if I was a kid again, Alisson would be my hero. Clem was the keeper I modelled myself on and I would be copying Alisson now.

Don't know why people still feel the need to have digs at Simon. He was our keeper right through the run to challenging for the title and was doing fine until he wasn't doing fine.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 03:38:45 pm by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #2299 on: December 13, 2018, 04:23:39 pm »
Fair summary, although I don't think Karius' distribution was as quick as he was credited for here. I highlighted how slow he was against Spurs at home for example.
...with the ball at his feet. Karius was excellent as an extra outfielder, and extremely aggressive off his line. But his long-kicking was nowhere near Alisson's level and his throws, while decent, weren't either. But he was, in turn, a huge upgrade on Migs in all those respects. The latter was never able/comfortable with passing first time - always took a touch first - and was extremely slow with his distribution and neither particularly long or accurate with it either.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2300 on: December 13, 2018, 05:06:25 pm »
Liverpool put more goals past Alisson in the 2 CL games last year than the entire league has managed against him in nearly half a season  ;D

This is posted twice on the previous page mate.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2301 on: December 13, 2018, 05:16:31 pm »
This is posted twice on the previous page mate.

Fuck sake, I'm not going back that far
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2302 on: December 13, 2018, 05:35:49 pm »
Alisson and Salah are karma for Roma for selling us the crocked Aquilani
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2303 on: December 13, 2018, 05:43:25 pm »
Alisson and Salah are karma for Roma for selling us the crocked Aquilani

yes! good call.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2304 on: December 13, 2018, 06:23:06 pm »
*doing math...

$(Coutinho) = $(Alisson) + $(Van Dijk)
Coutinho << Alisson + Van Dijk

*scratches head

How did we pull that off?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2305 on: December 13, 2018, 06:29:26 pm »
*doing math...

*scratches head

Where is the "Profit" line?

https://i1.wp.com/mixedmentalarts.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Gnomes_plan.png?resize=363%2C274

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2306 on: December 13, 2018, 06:44:53 pm »
Where is the "Profit" line?

https://i1.wp.com/mixedmentalarts.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Gnomes_plan.png?resize=363%2C274
I could be forgiven, I'm not an economist...   ;D

But what an awesome reinvestment, isn't it?!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2307 on: December 13, 2018, 07:06:30 pm »
Karius is a good keeper.

Alisson is an excellent keeper.

It's just that simple.

As for Migs... well when it comes to buying keepers off Sunderland we did better than Everton. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2308 on: December 13, 2018, 07:07:59 pm »
Karius is a good keeper.

It's just that simple.

As for Migs... well when it comes to buying keepers off Sunderland we did better than Everton. ;D

Certainly in the arm length department.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2309 on: December 13, 2018, 07:26:46 pm »
I don’t. 13 is boss.

I'm into that. His church probably isn't ;)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2310 on: December 13, 2018, 07:54:48 pm »
I don’t. 13 is boss.

Or Thirteen by Big Star. Not sure how it'd work as a chant though :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2311 on: December 13, 2018, 08:47:27 pm »
*doing math...

*scratches head

Rush + 300k = Aldridge + Barnes + Beardsley

It ain't rocket science.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2312 on: December 13, 2018, 09:06:16 pm »
Fuck sake, I'm not going back that far

I think he’s saying you did.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #2313 on: December 14, 2018, 07:51:22 am »

More like world class. Easily one of the best keepers in the world.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2314 on: December 14, 2018, 11:38:40 am »
*doing math...

*scratches head

We got extremely lucky that Neymar went for stupid money and they wanted Coutinho to replace him. I loved the little magician, but to get almost 150m for him was amazing work by the club.

We basically turned Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho into a world class side. Salah, Mane, Firmino, Van Dijk, Allisson and Keita cost pretty much what those 3 left for!

Amazing work by the club’s management.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2315 on: December 14, 2018, 11:44:51 am »
More like world class. Easily one of the best keepers in the world.

Well of course.  But I don't want to come across as denigrating current or former players either.  I still think Karius is better than Migs but after the CL final his head went and the poor guy needed a fresh start.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2316 on: December 14, 2018, 08:09:48 pm »

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2317 on: December 14, 2018, 08:52:02 pm »
Saw loads of United fans going mental on Twitter earlier because Michael Cox had the audacity to post an article suggesting that Alisson might have overtaken De Gea as the best goalkeeper in the league now based on form. Their argument was "Alisson's only been here for 4 months", as if you have to prove yourself in the Premier League to be called world class and being the best keeper in Italy somehow doesn't count.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2318 on: December 14, 2018, 08:57:44 pm »
Saw loads of United fans going mental on Twitter earlier because Michael Cox had the audacity to post an article suggesting that Alisson might have overtaken De Gea as the best goalkeeper in the league now based on form. Their argument was "Alisson's only been here for 4 months", as if you have to prove yourself in the Premier League to be called world class and being the best keeper in Italy somehow doesn't count.

I posted about this elsewhere - a Liverpool “supporter” was giving him loads of grief despite the stats - and kept harping back to the last 3 years.  Even said the save against Napoli was right at him.

A Liverpool supporter!

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2319 on: December 14, 2018, 09:13:17 pm »
https://youtu.be/oR4siHeAVDI

Him and Firmino - brilliant.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI