Author Topic: Louis Theroux  (Read 101061 times)

Offline RedTerry

• Legacy Fan
  • *Y*N*W*A*
Re: Louis Theroux:- The Most Hated Family In America
« Reply #40 on: April 2, 2007, 03:50:24 pm »
I think it was amazing the way the family of the dead soldier who's funeral they picketed did not react to their protest. I don't mean that in a bad way.
"Who's bigger than Liverpool?" Jamie Carragher when asked by Sky Sports if he'd thought of moving to a bigger club.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #41 on: April 2, 2007, 04:46:20 pm »
Tell you what I always wonder. With the amount of shootings in America, and the amount of nutters with guns, how do these pricks not get wiped out?

I would think they would be at the top of the old murdering list.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #42 on: April 2, 2007, 04:46:58 pm »
I think it was amazing the way the family of the dead soldier who's funeral they picketed did not react to their protest. I don't mean that in a bad way.

Fuck me, if they tried that at the funeral of one of my family members they would be goin' home with some serious serious injuries, and I'm not even a violent guy.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2007, 04:48:54 pm by Tom_B »
We're on our way to glory...

Offline RedTerry

• Legacy Fan
  • *Y*N*W*A*
« Reply #43 on: April 2, 2007, 04:57:15 pm »
Fuck me, if they tried that at the funeral of one of my family members they would be goin' home with some serious serious injuries, and I'm not even a violent guy.

It would be v.hard not to react to some wacko's who were protesting at a family members funeral.

It Pissed me off that someone could be so disrespectful.
"Who's bigger than Liverpool?" Jamie Carragher when asked by Sky Sports if he'd thought of moving to a bigger club.

Offline redmanmarshall

• Kopite
« Reply #44 on: April 2, 2007, 05:47:19 pm »
Thanks for the clips medley. I'm on part 3 at the moment and they talk a load of shit.

"Jews worship the rectum."  I mean that's just complete bollocks with no logic to it at all.

No wonder they are America's most hated family.

Louis Theroux "Newsflash, braniac"  ;D Looked like he was about to lose his cool there.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2007, 05:49:41 pm by redmanmarshall »

Offline Rob Jones Maybe?

• The Equaliser
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK N' Roll
« Reply #45 on: April 2, 2007, 06:56:06 pm »
What an amazing program and what a wonderful journalist Theroux really is. The perfect catalyst for the insane, stupid and everything between.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #46 on: April 2, 2007, 07:17:42 pm »
Blasphemer!!! Follow the blue hats! :D

you're saying that on a Liverpool fansite? ;)
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #47 on: April 2, 2007, 07:19:02 pm »
I've never understood why Theroux is so trumpeted. He seems a bit creepy himself and I often think he tries to cajole his subjects.

Nobody else seems to have picked up on it but there's something about Theroux and his documentaries that I find totally untrustworthy.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: April 2, 2007, 07:22:09 pm »
It would be v.hard not to react to some wacko's who were protesting at a family members funeral.

It Pissed me off that someone could be so disrespectful.

There's a chapter of Hell's Angels who've taken it on themselves to protect the funerals of US servicemen from the 'God Hates Fags' nutters.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #49 on: April 2, 2007, 10:17:52 pm »
Anyone else see a similarity to the Taliban?
Kill the humourless

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 2, 2007, 11:25:57 pm »
Hellllloooooo, Jesus was a jew......Brainiac

Classic moment!

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: April 3, 2007, 01:39:47 am »
Just watched it on 'On Demand'. What a bunch of c*nts. If they lived around here they would have gotten killed by now... how they're still alive in Gun Country is beyond me. Also, Borat could have taken the piss outta these twats with some hilarity... missed opportunity there.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline MomoIsBoss

• Hope he cancelled the milk.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sappnin Lad
« Reply #52 on: April 3, 2007, 01:50:06 am »
Just watched it on 'On Demand'. What a bunch of c*nts. If they lived around here they would have gotten killed by now... how they're still alive in Gun Country is beyond me. Also, Borat could have taken the piss outta these twats with some hilarity... missed opportunity there.

Funny you should mention him because everytime I watch Theroux he reminds me so much of Sascha Braon-Cohen its unreal, very manipulative but disguise the fact and ultimately excellent interviewers, very different styles but similar in their own ways, Baron-Cohen at times very OTT to the audience but people hes interviewing have no idea hes taking the piss or whatever, Theroux same but hes just very composed constantly and never tries to force the issue just lets the people hes visiting make the show with some added help from himself by particpating with what they do or whatever. Both genius.
We're all laughing at Everton, ha ha ha ha

Offline smithng

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "On a stroppy little island of mixed up people"
« Reply #53 on: April 3, 2007, 09:42:32 am »

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #54 on: April 3, 2007, 10:03:35 am »
Anyone else see a similarity to the Taliban?

Sure, along with many other extremist groups. Although what they do is grotesque it's bizarrely consistent and almost admirable as well. Once you've accepted that the Bible is the unexpurgated word of God doesn't their approach have more moral authority than those who seek to pick and choose from it? As they say 200 years ago everyone would've been nodding their heads in agreement at their interpretation of the book, the words haven't changed in the meantime, just the way people interpret them.

That's why I'm curious as to how Christians view the group, they seem to base their actions on the bible and the Biblical God, at least the Old Testament one is undoubtedly a vengeful and jealous God. I thought it was a pity that the preacher didn't answer Louis question about the New Testament because it was noticeable that much of their quotes, and therefore justification seemed to come from the OT.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: April 3, 2007, 10:16:26 am »
the pastor or reverend or whatever the fuck that old clown was, was a slimy wee c*nt, he clearly couldnt answer the questions raised by Louis, coming off with the crap excuse that they were stuid questions, either because he didnt know how to answer them, or because they were great questions that raised some good points about how their 'religion' is just plain wrong. Love Louis Theroux's stuff.
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #56 on: April 3, 2007, 11:51:30 am »
Sure, along with many other extremist groups. Although what they do is grotesque it's bizarrely consistent and almost admirable as well. Once you've accepted that the Bible is the unexpurgated word of God doesn't their approach have more moral authority than those who seek to pick and choose from it? As they say 200 years ago everyone would've been nodding their heads in agreement at their interpretation of the book, the words haven't changed in the meantime, just the way people interpret them.

That's why I'm curious as to how Christians view the group, they seem to base their actions on the bible and the Biblical God, at least the Old Testament one is undoubtedly a vengeful and jealous God. I thought it was a pity that the preacher didn't answer Louis question about the New Testament because it was noticeable that much of their quotes, and therefore justification seemed to come from the OT.

You hit the nail on the head when you said 200 years ago. It's a long time. Flares have been in and out of fashion five times since then.

Without provoking a religious debate or offending anybody, the Bible and indeed it's 'rules' do not fit in todays society. We have gay marriage now for starters.

I didn't really have any feelings towards the group with the exception of pitying the children that are brought up on so much hate that they don't understand.

I am also of the opinion that Grifter should write a New Testament. The world would be a better place and more people would read it.

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #57 on: April 3, 2007, 01:49:21 pm »
You hit the nail on the head when you said 200 years ago. It's a long time. Flares have been in and out of fashion five times since then.

Without provoking a religious debate or offending anybody, the Bible and indeed it's 'rules' do not fit in todays society. We have gay marriage now for starters.

But isn't their point that today's society is a modern day soddom and gommorah, and therefore against the word of god as written in the bible and so are of the belief that the world is wrong to have developed in the way it has.

I love rational people and no-one more rational than George Carlin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CitfTtMIx8
« Last Edit: April 3, 2007, 01:51:22 pm by The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society »
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: April 3, 2007, 01:54:18 pm »
But isn't their point that today's society is a modern day soddom and gommorah, and therefore against the word of god as written in the bible and so are of the belief that the world is wrong to have developed in the way it has.

I love rational people and no-one more rational than George Carlin

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CitfTtMIx8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CitfTtMIx8</a>

Which is my point. They are trying to abide by 200 year old 'rules'. Things change. We evolve. If the bible was written today it would be stored on a pen drive!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #59 on: April 3, 2007, 02:01:40 pm »
Which is my point. They are trying to abide by 200 year old 'rules'. Things change. We evolve. If the bible was written today it would be stored on a pen drive!

knock yerself out :thumbup

click here for salvation

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #60 on: April 3, 2007, 02:41:16 pm »
Sure, along with many other extremist groups. Although what they do is grotesque it's bizarrely consistent and almost admirable as well. Once you've accepted that the Bible is the unexpurgated word of God doesn't their approach have more moral authority than those who seek to pick and choose from it?

But there's no other choice but to pick and choose from it, is there? The Bible is one of the most contradictory documents ever written. There is no such thing as a consistent line or a literal reading. This is as true for the OT as the NT. It's even truer when you put the two together.

As they say 200 years ago everyone would've been nodding their heads in agreement at their interpretation of the book, the words haven't changed in the meantime, just the way people interpret them.

That can't be right. The Bible has never stimulated a collective nodding of Christian heads. Even before the Reformation there were 'heretical' cults and readings that challenged Rome on a doctrinal level. In our country, once the Bible had been translated into English (illegally), the number of conflicting interprations of what it all meant mushroomed. 200 years ago the Church of England was still at theological war with Dissenters, and Dissenters were split among each other, between Lutherans, Calvinists, Unitarians etc etc. What that family said was self-serving rot (obviously).

I saw the programme and it was ok. I'd rather have had 10 minutes of Borat having a whack at them rather than 60 minutes of Louis Theroux playing endless musical chairs.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Rob Jones Maybe?

• The Equaliser
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK N' Roll
« Reply #61 on: April 3, 2007, 02:54:58 pm »
Just watching this properly on Catch Up TV now, it's almost comical at points.

Offline RedTerry

• Legacy Fan
  • *Y*N*W*A*
« Reply #62 on: April 3, 2007, 04:18:00 pm »
A big part of their problem with the world was homosexuality. I am a Christian, I don't know the bible that well but I can't remember homosexuality being mentioned. Please feel free to correct me.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: April 3, 2007, 04:31:24 pm »
knock yerself out :thumbup

click here for salvation

hahahaha

Point proven

Fucking shrunk to a PDF and compressed on a Pen Drive.

Actually there is a prime business opportunity there.

Bible drives. 32Mb for The Old Testament. 64Mb for the whole shebang including Commandments.

Now where was that patent thread

Offline Rafalutionary

• Legacy Fan
  • For Sure
« Reply #64 on: April 3, 2007, 04:36:09 pm »
Watched it and found the only way I could react was to laugh at their idiocy but also felt very offended when the other documentary maker who had joined the church said to Theroux that he rejoiced when people were hit by cars, diagnosed with cancer, were shoot etc as they were works of God, I find that quite sick to be honest and I guess he'd have to be over the moon if someone close to him was ran over or diagnosed with cancer otherwise he'd be a hypocrite to mourn for them.
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the games and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great yet humble" - Bill Shankly

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: April 3, 2007, 06:07:48 pm »
We're at the point, now, where we're going to have to evolve ideas. The reason the world is so fucked up is we're undergoing evolution. And the reason our institutions, our traditional religions, are all crumbling, is because … they're no longer relevant. They're no longer relevant. So it's time for us to create a new philosophy and perhaps even a new religion, you see. And that's okay 'cause that's our right, 'cause we are free children of God with minds who can imagine anything, and that's kind of our role.
I'm sorry if anyone here is Catholic. I'm not sorry if you are offended, I'm actually sorry – just the fact that you're Catholic. Gotta be one of the most ludicrous fucking beliefs ever. Like these vampire priests sink their twin fangs of guilt and sin into you as a child and suck your joy of life out of you the rest of your fucking existence.
The whole image is that eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions God's infinite love. That's the message we're brought up with, isn't it? Believe or die!

"Thank you, forgiving Lord, for all those options."

Bill Hicks on Religion

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: April 4, 2007, 02:26:46 am »
just watched them all on youtube, very strange

Agree with rafalutionary, that man was sick

Like the interviewer though, seen him on something before but cannot remember what

Offline WorldChampions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline WorldChampions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: April 4, 2007, 02:43:13 am »
http://www.priestsrapeboys.com/

Another of their sites ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget

Offline pistol

• ot of the time
  • Legacy Fan
  • My cat's name is mittens
« Reply #70 on: April 4, 2007, 12:36:18 pm »
Bit i gound most telling was outside the protest at the funeral, and Theroux made some comment about their beliefs being nonsense.  The irony of that horrible c*nt of a woman getting upset at that, while holding a placard saying "god hates fag soldiers" was unbelievable!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #71 on: April 4, 2007, 12:52:38 pm »
http://www.priestsrapeboys.com/

Another of their sites ;D

They aren't all bad:

http://www.godhatessweden.com/   

;)

Fucking mentalists. You do wonder about their great leader. Why is he so obsessed with Homosexuality?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline WorldChampions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: April 4, 2007, 02:33:48 pm »
They aren't all bad:

http://www.godhatessweden.com/  

;)

Fucking mentalists. You do wonder about their great leader. Why is he so obsessed with Homosexuality?

His boyfriend probably cheated on him ;)

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #73 on: April 4, 2007, 02:50:37 pm »
Very creatievly written, they like their consonence don't they?

oh and ;D

Ephesians 5:4 Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving …

They sure all that cussing is going down well with the big man?
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: April 4, 2007, 04:04:22 pm »
I wonder what would happen if you went on their website and called them a bunch of gays...
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline WorldChampions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: April 4, 2007, 04:25:19 pm »
I wonder what would happen if you went on their website and called them a bunch of gays...

We will soon find out :P

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: April 4, 2007, 04:46:36 pm »
We will soon find out :P

:lmao

I was trying to get on the site (I wanted to see if I could pose as a genuine supporter, get a converstation going then start throwing homosexual inuendo in it... ala djphal). Can't get on the site though  :(

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #77 on: April 4, 2007, 08:59:04 pm »
If anyone hasn't seen it yet it's repeated on BBC2 tonight at 11:20pm

Offline MomoIsBoss

• Hope he cancelled the milk.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sappnin Lad
« Reply #78 on: April 4, 2007, 11:21:46 pm »
If anyone hasn't seen it yet it's repeated on BBC2 tonight at 11:20pm

Cheers mate :D
We're all laughing at Everton, ha ha ha ha

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!