Author Topic: Ticket Exchanges This Season  (Read 3533 times)

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
Ticket Exchanges This Season
« on: July 11, 2019, 09:36:51 am »
Morning all,

I know there were some suggestions towards the end of last season that it may be time to call an end to the ticket exchanges on here.

Whilst I personally hope that isn't the way that we go for various reasons, I just wondered whether a decision had been made on that?

Cheers,

Mark  :wave
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ticket Exchanges This Season
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 01:18:35 pm »
Came to ask the same thing! I don't wish to overegg the pudding and know the reasons well why it was taken away, but rawk has been such a valuable resource for me the past few years, there must be a way to make it work! It's a service I'd happily pay an annual subscription for to be honest.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 10:30:42 am »
bump
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 01:10:50 pm »
just thought id throw my two pence worth in....

Would it be possible to consider keeping exchanges just for aways if there is to be a change

I think the home exchange does encourage credit hunting and with the club not being overly clear on when you can pass to a mate and when you cant it does make me think twice about handing a card to someone i know let alone anyone else

With the away matches people are buying tickets anyway as its a closed shop and for most of us the only chance of getting to an away match is through the generosity of a spare here or there

They tend to be like rocking horse shit anyway to be honest but perhaps less issues than the home matches?

Just a thought anyway

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 03:39:40 pm »
Until they solve the issue of people who buy tickets actually attending themselves, the away games with paper tickets as opposed to members cards are gonna get moved on anyway- it just means that people who can only tend to source them through this site will miss out whereas everything else will stay mainly the same. Them not being available on an exchange here won't have big enough impact to mean that they're gonna drop anywhere near all members. And it just takes "Got a spare for blah blah" on Facebook or Twitter to move it on elsewhere instead.

It also has to be said that the exchange has lead to a few friendships for me as well, especially when I used to go on my own when I was younger and would meet people to get the tickets from them.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 07:07:09 pm »
Until they solve the issue of people who buy tickets actually attending themselves, the away games with paper tickets as opposed to members cards are gonna get moved on anyway- it just means that people who can only tend to source them through this site will miss out whereas everything else will stay mainly the same. Them not being available on an exchange here won't have big enough impact to mean that they're gonna drop anywhere near all members. And it just takes "Got a spare for blah blah" on Facebook or Twitter to move it on elsewhere instead.

It also has to be said that the exchange has lead to a few friendships for me as well, especially when I used to go on my own when I was younger and would meet people to get the tickets from them.

Agree with all this.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 02:27:15 pm »
Is there any chance of any sort of answer on this? Even if it's just a holding answer until there's a fuller one? I know the mods are busy and  I appreciate that there may be behind the scenes chats between them, or even that the answer at the end of last season may just apply again....but it seems a bit weird that there's various replies to most of the other questions here and with the season starting on Sunday literally nothing but people who've gained massively from the exchanges talking to ourselves...

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 2, 2019, 12:52:04 pm »
Hi mate. We’ll have a chat and get back to you.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 2, 2019, 03:18:58 pm »

Ta

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #9 on: August 6, 2019, 07:43:03 am »

Thanks John.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 7, 2019, 10:34:20 am »
I know I'm definitely at the point of pestering but hows about it then fellas? Before I head into the dark recesses of twitter to hunt down a norwich single.....

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 8, 2019, 06:42:46 pm »
Has there been any decision on this?

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 8, 2019, 07:21:07 pm »
Has there been any decision on this?

24 hours to go I am begging it's reopened.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2019, 11:29:48 pm »
Hi all, at the moment there isn't an inclination amongst the Mod team to recommence the exchange forum. I know that's not the news you wanted but I do think we'll review it again in a few weeks.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2019, 09:29:13 am »
Hi all, at the moment there isn't an inclination amongst the Mod team to recommence the exchange forum. I know that's not the news you wanted but I do think we'll review it again in a few weeks.

Can I ask why, appreciate it's likely the same reasons as previously? DM if it's easier

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2019, 04:14:26 pm »
That's a shame.

Thanks for letting us all know though.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Online Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2019, 02:08:36 pm »
Respect the decision, but really hope you decide to revive the exchange - it's an excellent service for the RAWK community and would be a massive shame for it to end.

The absence of the exchange would, ironically, probably result in more tickets being sold for above face value anyway, and also to the more daytripper element as opposed to the good Reds here
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2019, 02:40:09 pm »
So because people can't sell theirs on here they're all going to turn into twitter touts? Interesting.

It may or may not return. I would rather the club provided the mechanism officially.

Maybe we should push them to do a consultation on ticketing and what we actually want to change.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2019, 04:27:11 pm »
So because people can't sell theirs on here they're all going to turn into twitter touts? Interesting.

It may or may not return. I would rather the club provided the mechanism officially.

Maybe we should push them to do a consultation on ticketing and what we actually want to change.

It's not the sales for me, I've no intention of becoming a twitter tout...using one however... The members sales are a total nightmare, and my availability for games fluctuates all the time due to work/home life/where I live - let alone factoring in being consistently on time to sort tickets via the members sale etc, it just isn't practical [for me]. However, when I can get to games I like to go or at least try and go. The great thing about the RAWK option/exchange was if I was free for a home game it was straightforward and I trusted the people on it. I've met a couple of sound people through the exchange, but I'd feel a bit of a divvy just texting them every time I fancied a spare on the off chance.

We all know how slow the club would be to move to change anything at all about ticketing, so whilst I'd of course be in favour of pushing them to change things the turnaround on that would make emre can's turning circle look like messi's. Is RAWK specifically at risk by having the exchange? Or is it at users own risk, if you catch my drift?

Alternatively - is there anyway a trusted thread could be opened for a bit for users interested in exchanges to sign up to a whatsapp group or something?