Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Knight on Today at 07:41:39 am »
People are overstating the pace thing. Salah hasn't been rapid for a couple of years at least. He had found a way to compensate for that and still be a really good attacker.

What we're seeing since his return from injury is something else entirely. He seems completely shorn of all confidence, is getting physically bullied in most games, honestly doesn't have any spark whatsoever. Our one decent performance in the past six weeks came when he was benched.

I don't think I've ever seen such a drop off, especially for such an extended period and at such an important time. Pace is only a small factor.

Pace is huge. A wide forward without athleticism in our setup is awful for our system. Perhaps Salah has been on a downward curve athletically for a couple of years and it’s now reached a point where he can’t compensate in other ways. Perhaps his decline in pace has been matched with a decline in balance, strength, stamina etc and he can’t compensate for it.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by QC on Today at 07:41:34 am »
The jury is still out to if he’s good enough, and unfortunately it’s starting to look like he’s not the case, but saying he is costing us the title was a bit of a stretch. Diaz and salah, amongst others, have been poor too

Do I think he’s the answer? Honestly no but the scapegoating of him last night wasn’t on

I find it hard to fathom that the jury can still be out on Nunez. He is plainly not of starting quality for a title chasing team, and given his poor finishing, can he even be relied upon to come off the bench? You just don't know what you're going to get from him.
The Boozer / Re: Happiest man alive
« Last post by rob1966 on Today at 07:40:39 am »
Thought this was going to be a thread about Fromola

:lmao
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: PL: Eve 2 vs 0 Liverpool Bran 27’ Lewin 58’
« Last post by Draex on Today at 07:40:37 am »
What was clearly visible last night, and this probably lies at the heart of our recent disintegration, is that up until the point our strikers had a flurry of missed sitters - we were playing well and pinning them in ruthlessly. As soon as they failed to convert those chances, or at least fucking one of them, our heads dropped and tempo fizzled out. We never really recovered. It's strange to look back at this season, where for the longest time it seemed like we had the most varied and potent attack out of all contenders - and say we lost it all because of attack. But we did. Football is about goals. We lost goals. Inability to convert clear chances not only dented, but literally corroded our confidence and dulled our sharpness. There are obvious defensive 'asleep at the wheel' issues - but considering attack is more closely linked to our identity and approach to football - for me this is what ruined the season.

In retrospect, we probably should have used Danns more. Boy was riding high and he could have at least been our finisher sub in absence of Jota. But we didn't. Klopp was loyal - one last time. And one last time his loyalty to players has come with a heavy price. It's who Jurgen is, we get that. I do hope they all feel like shit this morning. I don't think they will. They'll giggle their way into breakfast and training, just another working day I suppose. Maybe make some cry-emoji social media posts and move on with their pampered lives. But I hope some at least feel the pang of guilt. Because when the moment came around, they weren't present. They didn't see it as the moment to be there, to be counted. They let it slip.

I maintain once we dropped the kids for the seniors the season fell apart, they brought energy and a sheer lack of fear our seniors appear frozen by.

Quansah showed again, came on, smashed through a player cleanly.. that was on what the 70th minute, the first real derby tackle from a Liverpool player. Like how do you not approach this game expecting fire and hostility and knowing you’re going to have to match it. That’s the bare minimum.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by rob1966 on Today at 07:38:21 am »
One player that hasn't let him down the last few weeks. Ran his heart out for the cause.

No one has let him down, they've given their all this season, it's just not meant to be. Maybe the pressure of knowing they HAD to do it this season got to be too much. Chuck in the injuries and the corruption of certain officials and its a miracle we were still in it at this point.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Jake on Today at 07:36:58 am »
I know I'm in the minority but I feel that confidence knock of the double Senegal defeats in 2022 coupled with decline in pace and strength has changed his game too much to be our 400k pw talisman. I'm grateful for all he's done. I've sung his name I've screamed love at him in the stands and if I ever met him id kiss his feet and buy him a mango lassi. He is up there with the greatest of all time.

But this morning I've watched his goals from 21/22 onwards again, to see if I've just been unfair. And I haven't. I know he posts good numbers relative to the rest of the squad but that was the system we build, to suit him, and he is no longer the diamond at the top we can rely on.

21/22 he won the golden boot. Can't turn my nose up at that can I? His opening goal at Norwich a great finish from edge of the box. He doesn't do that any more. His fourth a volley he watched onto his foot which he snatches at these days. Omg that twisty goal vs city. And again the next goal vs Watford that's beyond belief. The manc hat trick in October. Racing away from Coleman at woodison.

Then he went to Afcon and when he came back he scored in five of fifteen games. Three of those seven goals were pens, the last one was scraped over the line vs Wolves. He was decent vs the mancs though.

So in that season he went from super hero producing moments of excellence on a regular basis to fairly absent.

22/23 season. He gets a few in the CL group stage to be fair but in the league it's the Fulham goal that bounced off him. Then the goal at OT which was a rebound tap in header. That spin was good to beat city from halfway. Showing that old pace and strength. The rest of his goals were tidy but inside the box finishes. A fair few tap ins.  Not many pens to be fair to him but no finishes that I thought wow. Only he can do that.

Now this season. 5 pens and 12 from open play. All rap ins/tidy inside the box finishes except that open goal vs forest. One of his goals was old school salah vs west ham and his goal against arsenal was a salah finish but that's it.

The drop off point for Salah's very special talent is afcon 2022.
Don’t we have an injury crisis every single season now? Time to cut our losses on some players I’m afraid, plus some players have completely failed in the title run in. Abu Dhabi and Arsenal are going to strengthen massively, if we don’t then we won’t be challenging. Simple.

I think we have injury problems every other season now. Whether it's players and/or staff, we definitely have it.

And it happens even though we've moved away from constant pressing strategy that was present in Klopp's first years. What worries me, we are somehow going back to it next season.
The Boozer / Re: Wordle - Word Game - Guess a different word each day
« Last post by Elmo! on Today at 07:36:30 am »
Daily Quordle 822
3️⃣5️⃣
7️⃣4️⃣
m-w.com/games/quordle/
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
Has anyone seen the Webb and Michell show, where they are the Nazis and do the maybe we are the bad guys skit?

Watching Darwin try to turn the defender first half  and then slip on his arse
Miss control a fantastic Trent pass when he was clean through the middle
And then miss that gilt edged chance

Made me think - maybe other fans are right, and WE are the deluded ones. And he really is bad...

Because I guarantee if he played for City, Arsenal or Utd and we would be pissing ourselves
Everton colleague of mine was frothing at the mouth with delight and giving it large. She’s a nasty, scheming, weirdly political, closet Tory, rank woman in general but I’ve always been polite with her, and said stuff like “I think Everton will stay up, you’re a big club and the new stadium looks great, etc” despite the constant digs and passive aggression.

Her eyes were popping out and the laughing was delirious. I just congratulated her and said that they were the better team. And carried on with my business 😂 Supporting Everton really does ruin lives. I witness the proof in the flesh on a regular basis.

Is she younger than 29 years old, because if she is she's never seen her team win anything. Zero, nadda, zip, nowt, nothing  :wave
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10