Author Topic: RAWK Hacked..?  (Read 4078 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
RAWK Hacked..?
« on: April 28, 2020, 07:15:14 pm »
Getting notifications about a slew of trackers that have suddenly appeared on RAWK

Google Analytics

Skim Links

You also have one more which is a bit more background and I only saw it appear (Then vanish) once..
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: RAWK Hacked..?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 09:28:00 pm »
It's either 'The Ghost of Effes Past' or 'Revenge Of The OldCold'..........

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 06:52:14 am »
Skim links has been on a long while I think, believe it adds affiliate links where it can so the site can earn a little coin.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 12:22:05 pm »
Craig is right on skimlinks and google analytics is as it says, nothing dodgy there. There's no other requests or trackers, I think maybe you need to look a little closer to home if you're getting something else ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 01:07:04 pm »
Skim links has been on a long while I think, believe it adds affiliate links where it can so the site can earn a little coin.

Yep the skim links one appears on almost every forum, it can be irritating when reading a post next thing you have a random word(s) being highlighted for shopping links by skim links, ad blockers solve this issue.
#Sausages

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 01:57:51 pm »
Yep the skim links one appears on almost every forum, it can be irritating when reading a post next thing you have a random word(s) being highlighted for shopping links by skim links, ad blockers solve this issue.

I very rarely see it on here and don't use any ad blockers.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2022, 02:08:36 am »
Hi just thought I'd let you know my password was changed without my knowledge within last 24hrs
Have we had a data breech if so what has been accessed ?

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2022, 09:14:54 am »
When do you think it was changed and when did you (presumably) change it back?

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2022, 06:43:29 pm »
When do you think it was changed and when did you (presumably) change it back?
Hi I logged in around midnight Thursday/Friday untill well into early hours and when I tried logging in just before 2am this morning I kept getting 'incorrect password'. I tried about 10 times before clicking on 'forgot password' which sent an email to an old e-mail address which I then used to change password.
My username was 100% correct and I'm 99.999%  sure I was using the correct password .

Google tells me I'm using an Orbis OS  based on a FreeBSD 9 (which is all greek to me )

However thinking back, in the past when using this browser on some websites like Inland Revenue for example the characters displayed dont correspond with what's been typed   :o ???

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2022, 12:33:40 pm »
Orbis OS is PS4 browser?

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2022, 08:36:17 pm »
Orbis OS is PS4 browser?
Indeed it is and according to one of my unread e-mails I bought it 1/12/ 2013 which makes it nearly 9 yo and a dinosaur when it comes to tech.

I think I've solved the problem though one of my controllers has a sticky square button...It might just of been deleting some of my password as I clicked login...Yes I'm an idiot, sorry for any inconvenience  :-[

In other bad new's I've missed loads of parcel delivery from DHL and missed out on a £37,000 payment to my bank account, because I didnt get to click on a link...Really do need to check my e-mails more often.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2022, 09:01:44 am »
;D

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2022, 07:36:36 am »
Wait people actually use the PS browser?  Amazing.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2022, 09:36:10 pm »
Wait people actually use the PS browser?  Amazing.
Yeah typing with ten fingers is so overated.
Back when I first got a PS3 I clicked on browser with x button it brought me to the Playstation homesreen , top right corner was a search bar I typed ' LFC blog ' then clicked search...No results found. I then typed 'wikipedia' again no results found. I thought thats a load of shite.
About a year later I went back on the Playstation homesreen and accidentally hit the triangle button. Up popped the google search bar... ;D   

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2022, 01:01:14 pm »
Are you using it to post on rawk? That'd drive me insane, hate typing on a phone and that's got a keyboard-ish.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2022, 01:08:25 pm »
Are you using it to post on rawk? That'd drive me insane, hate typing on a phone and that's got a keyboard-ish.

I’ve used nothing but a phone to post on RAWK for about 7 years now.

And that is why I barely make a list that doesn’t contain at least one typo. :D

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2022, 01:17:59 am »
Yeah I always use it on here it's very ergonomic though, no RSI causing arthritis in hands, no eyestrain from squinting at tiny text and screens, which f*cks your eyesight up... All of which leads to stress.
Although there is no spellcheck and a limited word suggestion, which suggests the last spelling mistake you made  :)

I do have a laptop though which I only use for serious stuff...It can even make my writing appear like I've had a edukation in Ingurlish grammar... With just a few clicks.

I’ve used nothing but a phone to post on RAWK for about 7 years now.

And that is why I barely make a list that doesn’t contain at least one typo. :D
So you have fat fingers aswell .