Author Topic: RIP Legendary Prague Sports Bar  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Velky Al

• Legacy Fan
    • Fuggled
RIP Legendary Prague Sports Bar
« on: December 12, 2011, 06:41:00 pm »
Wasn't quite sure where to post this.

If you have ever made the trip to Prague and watched the match at Zlata Hvezda, also known as The Golden Star, this is a sad day.

Zlata Hvezda is no more. They poured their last pints on Saturday night and the building is being renovated into yet another Cabaret/whorehouse.

My friends still living in the city tell me that they have decamped to Paddy's Irish Bar just down the street, used to be called The Pack.

Many great afternoons and nights were had in Zlata, May 25th 2005 being particularly memorable.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 06:43:54 pm by Velky Al »

Offline El Monjo Boig

• Main Stander
Re: RIP Legendary Prague Sports Bar
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 08:37:10 am »
This is sad news - I live not far from there and had no idea it was closing. As if Prague needed any more "Cabarets"...  :butt
When he learnt he had chosen Moyes, Mou was incredulous. He screamed: ‘But he’s won nothing!’

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 09:06:39 am »
 :'(

FFS. what a quality bar that was, always stopped there for footie when i was in Prague. A den of 4-5 different rooms, all packed to the rafters on CL nights. and brilliant waitresses who instantly produced beers at the slightest nod.

it didn't belong on that shithole of a street though, that's for sure.

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 09:18:34 am »
Was that the one owned by Jaromir Jagr? The ice hockey player? Remember going to that to watch Crouchie's hattrick against Arsenal...
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline flynnyyy

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 11:27:52 pm »
Just to update, I'm living in Prague now and watch all the games in rocky o'reillys Irish bar on Štěpánská, just off wenseslas square. 2 big screens, loads of little ones, great staff and good atmosphere. Beer is just under Ł2 a pint.
"We are focusing on supporting our manager"
women are totally insane, it's science.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 01:01:14 am »
2 quid a pint? How times have changed... last time I was in Prague in the '90s it was about 10p. Don't think I could ever go back, it would make me too sad.

Offline flynnyyy

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 09:57:45 am »
Haha! That's one of the more expensive places as it's in town, round where I live in the edge of town it's between 50p - Ł1
"We are focusing on supporting our manager"
women are totally insane, it's science.