Author Topic: SPOILERS The Chainless Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon Discussion  (Read 1045295 times)

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: Game of Thrones - The TV Show; Spoilers are Coming
« Reply #9840 on: July 29, 2017, 01:27:35 am »

Alt Shift X's video for last week's S7x02...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BEWJ_cTt0JQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BEWJ_cTt0JQ</a>
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9841 on: July 31, 2017, 03:02:22 am »
Does anyone find the pacing a little bit too fast? Another jam packed episode,

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #9842 on: July 31, 2017, 03:09:55 am »
Brilliant.

"He really was a c*nt wasn't he?"
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 03:21:30 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9843 on: July 31, 2017, 03:14:38 am »
Spoiler
a finger up the bum
[close]
Euron cracks me up. Pilou loves that role

Offline Craigeth

• Legacy Fan
  • Ninety six Friends, we all shall miss YNWA
« Reply #9844 on: July 31, 2017, 04:13:44 am »
Spoiler
Dany is the most annoying character in the show by far! Also Bran being all weird and bringing up what happened to Sansa at Winterfell was incredibly creepy!
[close]

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9845 on: July 31, 2017, 04:31:32 am »
Things are picking up, the pace is def. quick but its expected with the amount of episodes left.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9846 on: July 31, 2017, 07:14:46 am »
Spoiler
This softly softly shit from Dany is gonna cost her. Should have gone for 'shock and awe'. Yes people will die but its war. Can't see how she wins now. Loved the episode
[close]

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #9847 on: July 31, 2017, 07:53:24 am »
Spoiler
Euron and his magic fleet strike again. Also I guess Cersei has just become a military mastermind all of sudden and Tyrion/Olena and Co have taken stupid pills cos that's what the plot needs
[close]

Online paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9848 on: July 31, 2017, 10:13:53 am »

Yeah it's a shame they decided it had to end in two seasons

Spoiler
In previous years that battle would have been two episodes, and Jorah would take half a season to recover. Still a great show but it's obvious we're moving at light speed
[close]

Online paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9849 on: July 31, 2017, 10:16:56 am »
Spoiler
Euron and his magic fleet strike again. Also I guess Cersei has just become a military mastermind all of sudden and Tyrion/Olena and Co have taken stupid pills cos that's what the plot needs
[close]

Spoiler
I don't think it's unrealistic. Cersei has Jaime - a hardened battle commander with many fights under his belt. He admits he even used Robb Stark's tactic that defeated him. That's experience.

Dany's most experienced is Tyrion. His only battle he used massive amounts of Wildfyre and still only won because Tywin rode in and saved the day.

Dany needs Jorah back for fighting strategy ;)
[close]

Offline Chavvie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9850 on: July 31, 2017, 10:29:46 am »
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
The Lannisters are skint, the Tyrell's are rich. They sacrificed Casterly Rock so they could take Highgarden and pay back the Iron Bank. Makes perfect sense
[close]

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9851 on: July 31, 2017, 10:31:45 am »

Spoiler
Well, I think the nature of the end game is that there is going to be lots of sieges and battles. I think HBO would give  them the money to do even more than perhaps they'll end up doing, but I think they would lose their impact.
Siege of Casterly Rock, followed by siege of Highgarden, siege of Kings Landing etc etc. So they're rationing the big set pieces.
[close]
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Gili Gulu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9852 on: July 31, 2017, 10:39:44 am »
Spoiler
The Lannisters are skint, the Tyrell's are rich. They sacrificed Casterly Rock so they could take Highgarden and pay back the Iron Bank. Makes perfect sense
[close]

Spoiler
Tywin said that there was no gold left in the Lannister mines, so Casterly Rock was not even that much of a sacrifice. And Jamie had managed to split the Tyrell bannermen, Randall Tarly probably had a lot of the proper troops under him fighting with the Lannisters.
[close]
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #9853 on: July 31, 2017, 11:43:14 am »
Spoiler
Dany is the most annoying character in the show by far! Also Bran being all weird and bringing up what happened to Sansa at Winterfell was incredibly creepy!
[close]

Spoiler
It could also be Bran's way of reminding Sansa who was at fault for that by selling her to the Boltons in the first place... afterall Bran sees everything... (and Littlefinger may be a little concerned about that - as well as that the old Maester at Winterfell kept copies of all raven scrolls :))
[close]

on a separate note...

Spoiler
Olenna went out like a boss - some great lines and delivery there - with Jamie realising/admitting a few home-truths...    and sadly with Bronn in Highgarden I don't he'll be able to save the very attractive sandsnake before that poison takes hold - what a way to go - Cersei is on her game so far...   Tyrion is not on his on the military aspects - though maybe Jorah returning will help improve matters there (as well as Jon Snow being around).
[close]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 11:59:10 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9854 on: July 31, 2017, 11:55:38 am »
Couple of well judged character scenes in that episode...

Spoiler
I was worried that Cersei's 'queen's justice' was going to be a gore fest, but it was actually far less graphic than it could have been while still being totally in character and shocking.

The last scene with Jamie and Olenna was great drama, especially the reveal at the end. It also gave us a nice insight into Jamie's state of mind.
[close]

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9855 on: July 31, 2017, 12:06:03 pm »
Spoiler
Apart from some amusing bits with Davos, anyone else annoyed at how things played out at Dragonstone? After their initial meeting Jon talks to Tyrion and wonders how he's supposed to convince Daenerys of the threat up North, what with the dead coming back to life. Well shit mate, maybe if you'd let Davos keep talking about that one time he wandered out into the courtyard at Castle Black and found your dead body and brought it to Melisandre who BROUGHT YOU BACK TO LIFE she might be more open-minded about white walkers. I assume he still has massive scars on his chest where he got stabbed all those times, maybe they might help? Maybe? Miserable idiot. Think I'm just grumpy he didn't interact with a dragon properly.

The other thing I took out of this episode was that surely Littlefinger's time is almost up now that Bran's back. You'd imagine the Three-Eyed Raven would know about his role in everything that's happened to the Starks, and with Ayra hopefully back home in the next week or two, I'm hoping on top of Bran telling Jon about his parentage, he tells Sansa about Littlefinger, and Arya's the one who takes him out.
[close]
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9856 on: July 31, 2017, 12:06:22 pm »
Great episode

Spoiler
Euron is a proper c*nt and it's great. Proud I cottoned onto the fact that Jaime used Rob Stark's tactics before he mentioned it. One thing that I didn't get was Cersei kissing the sandsnake and then downing that vial of whatever it was. Anyone explain that to me?

Anyway, would like to stop seeing the Lanisters (+Ironborn) getting the upperhand here. The Unsullied are surely fucked once they meet the Ironborn. Dany has lost her alliance with Highgarden now, apart from her dragons, it's hard to see where she goes from here.

Even though it's backfired, I loved Tyrion quoting Bronn's "give me 10 good men and I'll impregnate the bitch" - top line then, top line now.

[close]
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9857 on: July 31, 2017, 12:27:30 pm »
Great episode

Spoiler
Euron is a proper c*nt and it's great. Proud I cottoned onto the fact that Jaime used Rob Stark's tactics before he mentioned it. One thing that I didn't get was Cersei kissing the sandsnake and then downing that vial of whatever it was. Anyone explain that to me?

Anyway, would like to stop seeing the Lanisters (+Ironborn) getting the upperhand here. The Unsullied are surely fucked once they meet the Ironborn. Dany has lost her alliance with Highgarden now, apart from her dragons, it's hard to see where she goes from here.

Even though it's backfired, I loved Tyrion quoting Bronn's "give me 10 good men and I'll impregnate the bitch" - top line then, top line now.

[close]
Spoiler
It was what happened to Myrcella wasn't it? Ellaria killed Myrcella by having the poison on her lips and kissing her and then after they ahd left she drank the antidote. The poison on the lips and then Cersei was just drinking the antidote was basically mirroring that I think.

Also, Jon and Danny face to face was bloody brilliant. Loved it. Been waiting literally years for it so just loved watching it.

Getting a bit sick of the Lannisters constantly getting the upper hand and you just know they will manage to kill one or more of the dragons with that ridiculous contraption they had built.

I am sort of wondering how this is going to play out Will the rest of this season be the battle for the Iron Throne and then next season will be about the battle against the white walkers? The fact this season is only 7 episodes is bizarre. And then only 6 episodes next season so there really is not much left to go and there is still so much that needs to be resolved. Surely the battle against the white walkers would need the full 6 episodes next season? There is only 10 episodes left ever and so much needs to be sorted out.

It is going to be crazy with how the book/show release is to. If the book is released before the show finishes then avoiding spoilers for that will be impossible.
[close]

Offline DdeGea

• Superceded by OleGea
  • Main Stander
« Reply #9858 on: July 31, 2017, 12:27:48 pm »
Great episode

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
That vile was like the anti-poison type thing. The only thing that can stop the poison working.

[close]

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9859 on: July 31, 2017, 12:32:07 pm »
Spoiler
It was what happened to Myrcella wasn't it? Ellaria killed Myrcella by having the poison on her lips and kissing her and then after they ahd left she drank the antidote. The poison on the lips and then Cersei was just drinking the antidote was basically mirroring that I think.
[close]
right, thanks. I've forgotten how that played out. Makes sense now
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 12:36:53 pm by Sir Psycho Sexy »
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Gili Gulu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9860 on: July 31, 2017, 01:09:26 pm »
Spoiler
That's twice Euron has been in the right place at almost the right time, although would it would have been better if they had intercepted Dany's ships with the Unsullied still on them?

So there seems to be a way that Euron is finding out what Dany's ships are up to.

Is this why Dany had the conversation with Varys about traitors and burning people? Is there going to be a plot-line about Dany becoming paranoid about a spy in her camp, and worrying people that's she's becoming like the Mad King?

Could Euron have something "magic" other than his fleet that is allowing him to be where he needs to be. There's a few people having visions of things happening in other parts of Westeros.

[close]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 01:12:23 pm by leftfooter »

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #9861 on: July 31, 2017, 02:38:40 pm »
Never ever thought I'd say this but it's moving a bit too fast.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9862 on: July 31, 2017, 02:43:11 pm »
They obviously don't have to time to tell the conclusion of the story properly. The difference in pacing between the first season and this season in ridiculous. At this rate we'll have to watch the final season in slow motion to see what's going on.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #9863 on: July 31, 2017, 02:48:21 pm »
Spoiler
In 3 episodes Euron has sailed from the Iron Islands to Kings Landing, from Kings Landing to somewhere near Dragonstone, back to Kings Landing, then from Kings Landing to Casterly Rock. Meanwhile other characters have either barely moved (Arya) or have had two or three days pass (Jorah & Sam).

There's always been this issue with people hopping all over the map but fucking hell it's gone a bit too far now.
[close]

Offline JHova2427

• Enjoys a nice bit of halibut and is prepared to get stoned for it. 2427 times.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9864 on: July 31, 2017, 03:00:18 pm »
Spoiler
In 3 episodes Euron has sailed from the Iron Islands to Kings Landing, from Kings Landing to somewhere near Dragonstone, back to Kings Landing, then from Kings Landing to Casterly Rock. Meanwhile other characters have either barely moved (Arya) or have had two or three days pass (Jorah & Sam).

There's always been this issue with people hopping all over the map but fucking hell it's gone a bit too far now.
[close]

Spoiler
Aye those Iron Islanders, always winning wars single-handed.  Queen Cersei is all of a sudden just like her father.  Jamie finally learned from a teenage Robb Stark how to not be a shit commander.  It's all a bit too convenient.

I am assuming they don't have much in the budget for loads of dragon CGI and are saving it all for one episode where Dany finally unleashes the dragons to decimate her evil foes.  If it's anything like Aegon's conquest it shouldn't even be that difficult.  Take a few smaller lords and their armies and combine them with yours.  Take King's Landing last after annihilating everyone else.  Goodnight.
[close]

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9865 on: July 31, 2017, 03:01:50 pm »
Spoiler
Are we supposed to be on Dany's side at this point? She behaves like an entitled, whinging c*nt constantly and she's definitely bordering on turning into a bad person. Doesn't help that Emilia Clarke can't act for shit.

They could go an interesting route if she slowly starts to become a villain and has to be stopped by Jon or someone. But I will be disappointed if it's as simple as her, Jon and the other supposed good guys joining forces against the evil Lannisters. All this stuff Daenarys says about "being born to rule the seven kingdoms" (she's only first in the Targaryen line of succession because her husband killed her brother!) and threatening to "burn people alive" is making her intensely unlikable.

Tyrion says Daenerys protects people from monsters  but she's been working with the Sand Snakes, who murdered an innocent child then betrayed their own family to gain power. These people are almost as bad as Cersei. Like were we supposed to feel bad for Ellaria in that poison scene? I certainly fucking didn't. Cersei's evil as fuck but honestly she's justified in punishing those characters.

It's also pretty baffling that Cersei could maintain the support of the commoners in King's Landing after she blew up what is essentially the Westerosi version of the Vatican, murdering thousands of people in the process. She should definitely care if it's open knowledge that she's shagging Jaime too because it completely shits on her legitimacy as the mother of the former king's children. Which, as far as I can tell, is the only reason she'd have any claim to succeed Tommen.

Think it's such lazy fucking writing that Sam's managed to cure a disease which has plagued Westeros for centuries after reading one whole book on the subject. Most of the other maesters in the history of the Citadel must have been Donald Trump levels of incompetent.

Meanwhile Bran has turned into an emo jedi. That bit where he brought up Sansa's rape was creepy as fuck. :lmao

Euron is good fun though and the last 15 minutes were great.
[close]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 03:05:42 pm by Camarero25 »

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9866 on: July 31, 2017, 03:24:08 pm »
Spoiler
Aye those Iron Islanders, always winning wars single-handed.  Queen Cersei is all of a sudden just like her father.  Jamie finally learned from a teenage Robb Stark how to not be a shit commander.  It's all a bit too convenient.

I am assuming they don't have much in the budget for loads of dragon CGI and are saving it all for one episode where Dany finally unleashes the dragons to decimate her evil foes.  If it's anything like Aegon's conquest it shouldn't even be that difficult.  Take a few smaller lords and their armies and combine them with yours.  Take King's Landing last after annihilating everyone else.  Goodnight.
[close]

Spoiler
Stretching the realms of credibility now that Dany wouldn't attack King's Landing to be honest. Yeah she doesn't want to burn the commoners but it''s not like they wouldn't all starve during a siege anyway. Any revolts are going to be quelled pretty fucking quick by, you know, the fact she's got fire breathing monsters on her side. Plus she could literally fly into the red keep and kill all her major enemies without having to destroy the rest of the city.

Too many plot contrivances are being used to create drama whether they make logical sense or not. Like why is Bran being all fucking mysterious rather than just telling everyone that Littlefinger betrayed the Starks? Can't think of any sensible reason he'd keep that to himself.
[close]

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9867 on: July 31, 2017, 03:31:04 pm »
Cannot help feeling that we're getting short changed this season & possibly next.It just all seems too rushed.

Euron is amazing though.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9868 on: July 31, 2017, 03:44:34 pm »
Daenerys is painful. Like turn off the box painful

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #9869 on: July 31, 2017, 03:45:27 pm »
Still feel the 1st 3-4 seasons were the show at its peak. Not to fond of how it is ending especially with so much focus on two characters like Dany and Jon played by average actors, does not help when you think of some of the more compelling characters who have been killed off. Kinda hoping Cersai just kills them all. Then you have the likes of Tyrion , Varys and Jamie etc. I enjoyed them very much early on in the show, they just feel like side pieces now. Also we need more of the Hound one of the better characters on the show really enjoyed his arc.
Also how cringeworthy is Dany at playing the dominant female just awful.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 03:47:24 pm by SandyShore »

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #9870 on: July 31, 2017, 03:47:04 pm »
Spoiler
Olenna Tyrell was a great character, sad to see her go but loved her going out speech.

Loved the look on Jaime's face there too, what a brilliant scene.

Didn't expect Bran back at Winterfell at that stage either. Can't wait to see how that progresses when Jon returns.

I'm actually Loving the pacing of the episodes, every scene matters and I know people would prefer a bit more time but I'm enjoying constant intensity.. 
[close]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 03:55:25 pm by Popcorn »

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #9871 on: July 31, 2017, 04:12:17 pm »
I'm loving it.  I'm not thinking too deeply about plot lines, teleporting iron borns or any of the logic flaws.  I'm simply sitting back and enjoying the ride. 

Was the first episode of this series the one and only time they had a scene before the opening credits?

Spoiler
Thoroughly enjoyed Jon's and Dany's scenes.  I was surprise they opened the show with it, as I'd expect Jon would still have been travelling while Dany's gets the news of her destroyed fleet.

Bran was weird. I was waiting for him to start rubbing his thighs when telling Sansa about her wedding night.

[close]

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #9872 on: July 31, 2017, 04:25:30 pm »
Spoiler
I get the feeling that this season is going to sort out the ruler of the 7 kingdoms in the way the Lanisters have make a mistake moving their army, its out in the open now, and I have a feeling Daenerys will go medieval on their asses now with the dragons and the hoards.

And the last season will be sorting out the White Walkers with the ruler maybe still changing hands.

I have no problem with the teleporting its just that different stories in one episode are working on different times lines one maybe over hours another one over days. better that a caption saying 2 weeks later or something

[close]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 04:28:31 pm by Trada »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #9873 on: July 31, 2017, 04:27:38 pm »

Spoiler
The Bran and Sansa scene was hilariously bizarre. When she hugged him and he just blankly sat there, I temporarily forgot that his arms work and then at the tree he brings up how she was raped all after just meeting his sister for the first time in years.
[close]

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #9874 on: July 31, 2017, 04:31:17 pm »
Spoiler
The Bran and Sansa scene was hilariously bizarre. When she hugged him and he just blankly sat there, I temporarily forgot that his arms work and then at the tree he brings up how she was raped all after just meeting his sister for the first time in years.
[close]

Spoiler
I guess for him it doesnt feel like they are meeting again for the first time in ages. I wonder if  he knows everyone's plots if hes been watching them.
[close]

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9875 on: July 31, 2017, 04:38:48 pm »
There is only 10 episodes left ever. They are going to have to rush a lot of shit. I honestly don't get why they have cut the last 2 seasons short. What is the reason for it? It is the biggest TV show in the world and has had years of intricate build up and in complete contrast to almost every other TV show their ratings are only going higher and higher with every season, with the first two episodes of this season being the two watched ever. Feels a bit nonsensical for it to have a rushed ending.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #9876 on: July 31, 2017, 05:07:25 pm »
I'm loving it.  I'm not thinking too deeply about plot lines, teleporting iron borns or any of the logic flaws.  I'm simply sitting back and enjoying the ride. 

Was the first episode of this series the one and only time they had a scene before the opening credits?

Spoiler
Thoroughly enjoyed Jon's and Dany's scenes.  I was surprise they opened the show with it, as I'd expect Jon would still have been travelling while Dany's gets the news of her destroyed fleet.

Bran was weird. I was waiting for him to start rubbing his thighs when telling Sansa about her wedding night.

[close]
No it wasn't the first one, there have been 2-3 others. The very first episode was one of them, but I forget the other. Maybe in season 5?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Gili Gulu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9877 on: July 31, 2017, 05:14:18 pm »
There is only 10 episodes left ever. They are going to have to rush a lot of shit. I honestly don't get why they have cut the last 2 seasons short. What is the reason for it? It is the biggest TV show in the world and has had years of intricate build up and in complete contrast to almost every other TV show their ratings are only going higher and higher with every season, with the first two episodes of this season being the two watched ever. Feels a bit nonsensical for it to have a rushed ending.

CGI is very expensive, and lots of battles involving white walkers, wights and dragons are going to be very CGI intensive. That's why the dire wolves have featured a lot less in the TV show once they became large enough to require special effects.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9878 on: July 31, 2017, 05:49:24 pm »
Spoiler
Stretching the realms of credibility now that Dany wouldn't attack King's Landing to be honest. Yeah she doesn't want to burn the commoners but it''s not like they wouldn't all starve during a siege anyway. Any revolts are going to be quelled pretty fucking quick by, you know, the fact she's got fire breathing monsters on her side. Plus she could literally fly into the red keep and kill all her major enemies without having to destroy the rest of the city.

Too many plot contrivances are being used to create drama whether they make logical sense or not. Like why is Bran being all fucking mysterious rather than just telling everyone that Littlefinger betrayed the Starks? Can't think of any sensible reason he'd keep that to himself.
[close]

Spoiler
Jeez Dany can't win whatever she does. She gets criticized when she attacks people, now she is getting criticized for not put Kings Landing through the ringer. The point is she is taking the advice of her advisers, which was something else she was criticized for not doing in earlier series! I agree about how creepy the Bran scene was. The lack of emotion from Bran when Sansa was hugging him was making me wonder if he knows something of what she is going to do. Either way a scene I was looking forward too, ended up being a bit meh]
[close]
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9879 on: July 31, 2017, 06:02:40 pm »
I wonder if people have really lost the ability to immerse themselves into a fiction. I watch my big share of TV, Movies and story-driven videogames, and sometimes appreciate critical reviews (when there's a certain something I liked or disliked I can't quite put my finger on).

But, and maybe I'm wrong, when you get so many people talking about the "writing" (be that good or bad), for me it inevitably takes whoever pronounces that out of the fiction into a critical fourth-wall touching scenario, which makes any work lose its magic.

Again, maybe I'm a bit old fashioned, but it's also the reason I don't saturate myself in interviews of the actors, writers and stuff like that until after a story is done.

I've really liked this season: maybe I'll like it less viewing it as a whole after the series is done, but man, why's everybody a critic these days?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 06:15:20 pm by The 1989 Brit Awards »