Author Topic: Anime Anyone?  (Read 79696 times)

Offline leinad

• Kopite
Re: Anime Anyone?
« Reply #760 on: February 11, 2024, 12:34:08 am »
Uk netflix has just got the anime. Think the only thing pre this, other than the live action, is one of the films.

So for the anime they have started with episode 1089. The latest arc...

Why would they think that's a good idea. Fine for me as I'd just caught up again, but defo not for the majority

I think you might be both talking about different things here, Netflix are making a new adaption of the anime without any filler, I think red mongoose was talking about that.

I've always been daunted by the size of One Piece myself so would love to jump into it without any filler.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #761 on: February 11, 2024, 02:15:12 am »
I think you might be both talking about different things here, Netflix are making a new adaption of the anime without any filler, I think red mongoose was talking about that.

I've always been daunted by the size of One Piece myself so would love to jump into it without any filler.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I really envy you getting to watch it all from the beginning. I'm not particularly bothered by filler, especially when the story's emotional payoff is so consistently massive. You'd think that having a backstory for every conceivable character or situation would occasionally become tiresome, but they always, always stick the landing.

It's simply the greatest story ever told IMO.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #762 on: February 11, 2024, 02:44:00 am »
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I really envy you getting to watch it all from the beginning. I'm not particularly bothered by filler, especially when the story's emotional payoff is so consistently massive. You'd think that having a backstory for every conceivable character or situation would occasionally become tiresome, but they always, always stick the landing.

It's simply the greatest story ever told IMO.

I am looking forward to seeing what all the praise is about! I know a few things that happen but there is that many chapters I don't think it matters.

One of my favourite things about modern anime is no filler. Compare old Bleach to TYBW and it's night and day.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: February 13, 2024, 10:16:33 pm »
I am looking forward to seeing what all the praise is about! I know a few things that happen but there is that many chapters I don't think it matters.

One of my favourite things about modern anime is no filler. Compare old Bleach to TYBW and it's night and day.

Yeah was talking about different things but aside....

Watch it. There's not actually that much filler in it, especially compared to the likes of Bleach or naruto. If need be use a filler guide to skip them. It's worth it.

Can always do one pace aswell which sort of solves the problems

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #764 on: March 8, 2024, 10:32:00 pm »
Akira Toriyama
5th Apr 1955 - 1st Mar 2024
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #765 on: March 14, 2024, 12:55:57 am »
Akira Toriyama
5th Apr 1955 - 1st Mar 2024

I don't think it is hyperbole to say DBZ is probably the most influential anime ever made. I know it's the first one I ever watched (without knowing it was anime) and I think that's a common theme. It's basically the godfather of Shonen anime, instrumental in inspiring countless series. Looking at the reaction to Akira's death in Latin America, Africa and Europe shows the reach and influence his manga has had on people.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #766 on: March 14, 2024, 08:27:50 am »
I don't think it is hyperbole to say DBZ is probably the most influential anime ever made. I know it's the first one I ever watched (without knowing it was anime) and I think that's a common theme. It's basically the godfather of Shonen anime, instrumental in inspiring countless series. Looking at the reaction to Akira's death in Latin America, Africa and Europe shows the reach and influence his manga has had on people.

I still at times sing the DBZ and GT intros in my head or play on Spotify when I feel a certain way, I am 37 so I watched it 30 years ago or so, that anime still has strong memories in my head where I remember specific bits, pure class!

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: March 14, 2024, 10:11:58 am »

Yeah it was one of the first I saw as a kid, came home from school one day and turned on Cartoon Network to see a kid getting the shit kicked out of him by an alien. I was hooked.

Online itihasas

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #768 on: March 15, 2024, 06:26:04 am »
DBZ was unreal, some strange themes that hindsight made us question but by and large can't beat a simple storyline of bettering yourself and good vs evil
Let noble thoughts come to me from all directions - Rig Veda

Online OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #769 on: April 10, 2024, 01:02:06 pm »
Anyone watched Frieren? I read the first part of the manga when it came out and have recently caught up to the anime and it's as brilliant as everyone says. Such great worldbuilding and storytelling, highly recommended!

Finished ep #15 the other night and this is blowing me away. The direction is at such a high level. Each episode is my new little happy place.

I am excited for Kaiju No. 8 on Saturday! Huge hype about this for the last couple of years.