Author Topic: RAWK Soccer Manager League Season 17!  (Read 249693 times)

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Re: RAWK Soccer Manager League Season 17!
« Reply #4080 on: January 14, 2019, 01:23:58 pm »
This stuff confuses me too. I was six over in the Giants league but thought I was one over. Ive quit the league. Can I have Flamengo back ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4081 on: January 14, 2019, 01:26:34 pm »
Lyon are on 38 so I mustve thought it was 40. Kin ell.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4082 on: January 14, 2019, 01:28:52 pm »
And Dortmund give me time to respond to that counter offer being selling him to Betis. Kin ell.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4083 on: January 14, 2019, 07:59:24 pm »
Shall we all agree on 45 now though?

Sorry for all the confusion haha

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4084 on: January 14, 2019, 08:06:47 pm »
Dortmund also selling to AC milan when they are over

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4085 on: January 14, 2019, 08:52:54 pm »
Dortmund also selling to AC milan when they are over

It's not my job to check the oppositions squad numbers before selling, that's his responsibility. Having said that, we never agreed to a 45 cap, it was discussed and forgotten. The last official confirmation of squad caps was in October, clearly ststing it was 50. I assume everyone got this message so why did nobody mention it then?

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #4086 on: January 15, 2019, 10:21:54 am »
I'm happy to trim my squad down to 45 if we want to go with a lower cap.

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
  • Rush scored 1, Rush scored 2,...
« Reply #4087 on: January 15, 2019, 12:20:15 pm »
It's not my job to check the oppositions squad numbers before selling, that's his responsibility. Having said that, we never agreed to a 45 cap, it was discussed and forgotten. The last official confirmation of squad caps was in October, clearly ststing it was 50. I assume everyone got this message so why did nobody mention it then?

It's everyone's duty to abide by the rules.

On one hand, you're threatening  to leave the game, whilst urgently selling some of your best players to unmanaged clubs. You're also selling some players for cash to unmanaged clubs, when been offered deals by managed clubs for the same player, after calling for managed clubs to make bids on your players.

You've sold your best player (arguably) to a managed club for a worse deal than was originally accepted by you, after the other manager cancelled the deal in favour of submitting the worse deal, which you then accepted.

You've sold your goalkeeper for a deal to a managed club (same club as you sold your best player to - who has a history of collusion), for a dubious deal which no-one would make if staying on to play the game.

On the other hand, you're challenging the game world owner about the rules that he has implemented, and told you so, all whilst you are performing the above.

You're clearly upset, but things just don't add up here..

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4088 on: January 15, 2019, 01:12:53 pm »
Shall we all agree on 45 now though?

Sorry for all the confusion haha
Sounds good.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4089 on: January 15, 2019, 04:08:55 pm »
It's everyone's duty to abide by the rules.

On one hand, you're threatening  to leave the game, whilst urgently selling some of your best players to unmanaged clubs. You're also selling some players for cash to unmanaged clubs, when been offered deals by managed clubs for the same player, after calling for managed clubs to make bids on your players.

You've sold your best player (arguably) to a managed club for a worse deal than was originally accepted by you, after the other manager cancelled the deal in favour of submitting the worse deal, which you then accepted.

You've sold your goalkeeper for a deal to a managed club (same club as you sold your best player to - who has a history of collusion), for a dubious deal which no-one would make if staying on to play the game.

On the other hand, you're challenging the game world owner about the rules that he has implemented, and told you so, all whilst you are performing the above.

You're clearly upset, but things just don't add up here..

Thank's for taking the time to reply.

You are right, it is everyone's responsibility so perhaps I am liable here and should have checked the squad size. If I had then I would  Still have still done the deal though, he was under the 50 man limit.

I am leaving the world, the lack of in game interation and trading done it for me. I listed every player, I posted messages encouraging trades and I sent out private enquires. You were certainly one of those I contacted on several occasions and not once did you respond, in fact only 2 managers bothered responding originally followed by a few others when it was clear they might get a "favourable deal".

You made a bid for Neymar, cash plus Coric.....which I had decency to counter, again you did not respond with any counter. You wouldn't have mentioned this had I accepted your original bid.

Originally I was selling all my players to externals because King Luis, who was the only person actively trading the world would have missed out on any further deals due to his 3 he had done with the club already this season, he gave up some very good players by the way. I did inform Liam via PM that this was my plan.

Every player was open to leave to any club, every offer was countered so every manager had a chance to trade for my players. Those that  have a history of trading and getting things over the line ended up with players they wanted, thats normal. Your bid of Coric plus cash simply was not going to get it over the line.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4090 on: January 15, 2019, 07:51:49 pm »
I remember now regarding the squad cap, not everyone replied on SM but those that did said yes and i said at the end of a season but can't remember if it was this one we are currently in or last season

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4091 on: January 15, 2019, 07:52:55 pm »

You are only leaving because you are the worst managed team in division 1 :P

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4092 on: January 15, 2019, 08:55:28 pm »

You are only leaving because you are the worst managed team in division 1 :P

I wish it was Liam.

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4093 on: January 16, 2019, 09:09:38 am »
I remember now regarding the squad cap, not everyone replied on SM but those that did said yes and i said at the end of a season but can't remember if it was this one we are currently in or last season

We're already well into the squad cap being set at 45. Has been 45 for at least a couple of seasons already. Teams still actively bidding on players, when already over 45, even in the midst of all this!  :duh  :missus  :rollseyes

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4094 on: January 16, 2019, 06:57:47 pm »
Just seen your announcement on SM, Liam, fair play. Would also be fair play for teams, still over the squad cap, to bring the squad number down to within limits before bidding on players, and cancel current active bids. Seems fair

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #4095 on: January 16, 2019, 07:26:56 pm »
We're already well into the squad cap being set at 45. Has been 45 for at least a couple of seasons already. Teams still actively bidding on players, when already over 45, even in the midst of all this!  :duh  :missus  :rollseyes

You're literally the only one who thought the cap was 45. Even Liam said that he thought the cap was 50 until someone messaged him "reminding" him that the cap was actually 45 (I assume that was you). There was even a gameworld announcement just 3 months ago reminding everyone that the cap is 50, so I have no idea how you can possibly sit there claiming that the cap "has been 45 for at least a couple of seasons already".

I'm happy to bring my squad down to 45. I've already sold three cracking talents in Sangare, Almendra & Chong, all of whom I'd have happily kept, and have placed more players on the transfer list. But I'm not going to remove my bids on those other players just because you suddenly decided that the cap was 45. Especially when the only reason those players are even at externals is because RK7 wanted them to end up at a team like mine instead of yours. You offer absolutely nothing to this gameworld - you never trade, you never interact with anyone and you never post in here unless it's to slag someone off (who could forget that epic "uncle fucker" quip :lmao). If any of those players end up at AEK (I only have enough cash for one of them), at least everyone else knows that they'll have the chance to trade for them in the future, if they give me a fair offer. Whereas if they end up at Chelsea, they're off the market for good. For that reason, I hope you don't end up signing any of them.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4096 on: January 16, 2019, 07:43:46 pm »
Can't view my whole squad so how many players do Barcelona have?

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #4097 on: January 16, 2019, 07:52:18 pm »
Can't view my whole squad so how many players do Barcelona have?

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4098 on: January 16, 2019, 08:20:24 pm »
You're literally the only one who thought the cap was 45. Even Liam said that he thought the cap was 50 until someone messaged him "reminding" him that the cap was actually 45 (I assume that was you). There was even a gameworld announcement just 3 months ago reminding everyone that the cap is 50, so I have no idea how you can possibly sit there claiming that the cap "has been 45 for at least a couple of seasons already".

I'm happy to bring my squad down to 45. I've already sold three cracking talents in Sangare, Almendra & Chong, all of whom I'd have happily kept, and have placed more players on the transfer list. But I'm not going to remove my bids on those other players just because you suddenly decided that the cap was 45. Especially when the only reason those players are even at externals is because RK7 wanted them to end up at a team like mine instead of yours. You offer absolutely nothing to this gameworld - you never trade, you never interact with anyone and you never post in here unless it's to slag someone off (who could forget that epic "uncle fucker" quip :lmao). If any of those players end up at AEK (I only have enough cash for one of them), at least everyone else knows that they'll have the chance to trade for them in the future, if they give me a fair offer. Whereas if they end up at Chelsea, they're off the market for good. For that reason, I hope you don't end up signing any of them.

My tuppence worth. I've been under 45 for awhile in preparation for the change, but the cap was never finalised in game. It was discussed on here and almost everyone agreed, but there was never an official gameworld announcement. And since we have a bunch of managers in this world who aren't even on RAWK now, you need that in-game announcement to confirm these things. So there's no way we should be punishing guys who didn't know about this. I'm sure everyone will get down to cap as soon as they are able to.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4099 on: January 16, 2019, 10:54:05 pm »
I reckon 40.

:wave

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4100 on: January 17, 2019, 04:11:21 pm »
Top swoop that.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4101 on: January 17, 2019, 07:03:52 pm »
i just love how i announce in the GW that it's 45 from now on and clubs over the limit STILL signing players

why do i bother if nobody is going to listen

Anybody want R.Madrid?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 07:23:09 pm by LiamG »

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #4102 on: January 17, 2019, 09:30:14 pm »
i just love how i announce in the GW that it's 45 from now on and clubs over the limit STILL signing players

Anybody want R.Madrid?

Because you can't just change the rules from one second to the next and expect everyone to immediately fall into line. I was above 45 because of your gameworld announcement, and now you want to punish me for it?

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4103 on: January 17, 2019, 10:11:33 pm »
^^^
Surely this kicks in before the start of the new season ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4104 on: January 17, 2019, 10:35:17 pm »
^^^
Surely this kicks in before the start of the new season ?
That should be the case.

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4105 on: January 19, 2019, 10:15:10 am »

Anybody want R.Madrid?

Showing no signs of abiding by your rules, even after repeated reminders from you?

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #4106 on: January 19, 2019, 12:38:24 pm »
Showing no signs of abiding by your rules, even after repeated reminders from you?

Why are you still trying to stir things up? I've PMed Liam and we've sorted it out. I'll get my squad down to 45 but you can't just lower the cap from one day to the next.

Zakaria is on the transfer list, if anyone wants him for cash then bid away. Good player. And I'll be selling Ovelar when his TB expires in three days, which will bring me down to 45.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #4107 on: January 19, 2019, 12:52:28 pm »
Or you could help me get down to 45 faster. Hummels, Bale & Ruben Neves for Van Dijk.

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4108 on: January 19, 2019, 06:06:55 pm »
I will have Bale.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4109 on: January 25, 2019, 04:34:37 pm »
Looking forward to Bale and Dybala getting lots of goals . Had to sacrifice Skriniar as Lyon are abundant in young Dms and defenders . Also the midfield is abundant with 93 + players too its the attacking where Lyon are shy.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4110 on: January 25, 2019, 04:55:47 pm »
Forgot to change my team from the cup game and still managed a draw with chelsea

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4111 on: January 27, 2019, 08:40:47 pm »
Well Bale fitted right in to Lyon's new system. Expect a proper title challenge next season.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4112 on: March 22, 2019, 12:32:11 pm »
West Ham finally defeated.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4113 on: March 22, 2019, 03:28:59 pm »
West Ham finally defeated.

The 42 game invincibles streak is beaten. Well played, sir. Opened the title race right up too!
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4114 on: May 20, 2019, 10:47:56 am »
Lyon manager gone.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4115 on: May 20, 2019, 08:38:22 pm »
I think it's time we called it a day with this Game world

We've done well to last this long! Still the original game world after all

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4116 on: May 21, 2019, 01:26:01 am »
I think it's time we called it a day with this Game world

We've done well to last this long! Still the original game world after all

And well done to you Liam . I think I joined in 2013 and I've enjoyed it . Last night though when seeing a bit of bickering and not banter done it for me .

Thanks mate and I've always liked this GW more than the other one .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4117 on: May 21, 2019, 05:51:25 pm »
Surprised we've lasted 7 years to be honest

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4118 on: May 21, 2019, 09:42:36 pm »
And Barcelona still haven't won league under me ;D

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4119 on: May 22, 2019, 06:15:11 pm »
Think it's a good time to let go. 7 years is impressive to say the least! Liam's Madrid going out as the final title winners is fitting.

And I do apologise for Dam and I going off at each other. It was all very silly.