Author Topic: Half time: Liverpool 0-1 Crystal Palace  (Read 6114 times)

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
Re: Half time: Liverpool 0-1 Crystal Palace
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2022, 08:54:28 pm »
Will be a struggle obviously to get back even.  We have to lead the league in shots blasted into opponents' shins.  Of course, that's more likely to happen when there are 18 shins to hit in the box at any one time.

Diaz worries me.  Burns incredible amounts of energy.  Always active.  And still virtually nothing to show for it. 

TAA has played about equal brilliant threatening balls and awful unforced turnovers. 

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2022, 08:54:29 pm »
Harvey looks most likely to pick that final key pass in a tight defence.
They need to stay calm and not start taking aimless punts or crosses that go straight to the keeper and we should turn it around

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2022, 08:54:32 pm »
Need to improve but not necessarily anything wrong with the "weird" picks. We were the better side mostly but the guys disappointing at the moment where Fabinho and to a lesser degree Diaz (I feel he came inside a bit too much when we needed width).

Elliot been out best player, and feel Nat has been pretty alright in his role so far

Need to vary up the crosses - the ones straight to Nunez are being gobbled up, but the other options are causing problems.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2022, 08:54:33 pm »
Way too easy for Palace, they need eyes in the back of their heads to stop us, we literally know what's coming and can't defend it.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2022, 08:54:34 pm »
Flew out of the traps for ten mins, missed a few easy chances then reverted to predictable-ball. They smash and grabbed one and Paul Tierney is enabling their time wasting since the 2nd minute.

Not much else to say. Bad times when Palace are now completely bipassing our midfield and Wilfred Zaha is skinning Trent.

Could see from my seat in upper main stand that Zaha was on but I’m also just above the Palace box and I’m seeing every trick the GK is doing, shame Tierney isn’t.

Would just love a game where we dont go 1-0 down for a change. 

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2022, 08:54:41 pm »
Even if Gomez/Matip was there they wouldn’t have stood a chance to catch Zaha on their back foot
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2022, 08:54:43 pm »
Well that was shit. Why do our expensive world stars need shitloads of chances to score, yet shit opposition players only ever need one? Elliott and Trent the only two to come out of that half with any credit.
I guess the people expressing concern about Phillips playing had a point after all.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2022, 08:54:44 pm »
How are we losing this????

Well obviously due to missing easy chances. Can't believe Nunez missed that one.
he was nudged by their defender just as he was about to hit it
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2022, 08:54:49 pm »
Played some pretty football but didn't create that many actual chances.

The opposition scoring first against Liverpool must be the single best bet going at present, license to print money.

Diaz really needs a goal, never convinced he has a goal in him.

Elliott's been good, love his enthusiasm.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2022, 08:54:51 pm »
Robertson keeps getting a free pass on here and then Diaz takes all the flak.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2022, 08:54:53 pm »
Agree that Fabinho has been disappointing. Trent can pass to Philips himself. He doesn't need a middleman
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline ThoroughlyMediocre

• Main Stander
« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2022, 08:54:53 pm »
We'll be fine. Think Fabinho was far too rash in his challenge on Eze, which led to Zaha's goal.

Nat is a Premier League CB, but not in a team playing this high of a line.

Diaz has got to do a bit more. Harvey was great.

Still think we win this.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2022, 08:54:54 pm »
Why isn’t VVD getting across there and putting a slide tackle in on Zaha before he gets his shot away? All well and good backing your goalkeeper but he’s done that a few times now where we’ve been caught out when he could have done something decisive to get a block in.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2022, 08:54:54 pm »
Whats up with Diaz’ positioning? Is he a front three player or a wing back?

Offline Harris96

• Kopite
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2022, 08:54:56 pm »
Still have no idea why we’d go Philips over gomez against a palace said who would play zaha up top

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2022, 08:54:56 pm »
Just me who thought we started well. Including Diaz who looked lively. Although Elliott have been our best player so far. And then we fizzled out a bit before their goal and after that it’s been to slow and too many touches.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2022, 08:55:01 pm »
Seems like we're playing pretty well, but I don't understand why it often seems to be such hard work for us to just score a single goal? So much possession, so much good football, so many openings and half chances, how many do we need?

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2022, 08:55:09 pm »
Hit the woodwork twice and had a goal disallowed last game and we're even more dominant this time. Maybe get Keita on for Milner second half, someone who can win the ball back in the final third more often.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2022, 08:55:10 pm »
Their goal is really good though.

Diaz looks off it but we could be 3-0 up - they have rode their luck.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2022, 08:55:16 pm »
Frustrating to be on top but not take our chances- feels like a recurring thing over the last 10 matches or so and the opponent scores their only chance

Feels like the midfield shape is wrong, we are struggling to progress the ball and Palace are dropping into shape whilst letting Nat have the ball.

Big 45 coming up- need to be patient and clinical when the chances come

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2022, 08:55:22 pm »
Diaz is miles off it - thankfully there’s a 2nd half

he also been manhandled like it was a wrestling match. This new anything goes rule bullshit makes the game ugly. Was the same last year until Elliot got his ankle broken and they started calling things a little more normally.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2022, 08:55:28 pm »
Not just Nunez who has missed an easy chance, but Mo missed  2, 1 as easy as Nunez's and the other pretty easy too.  Keep playing like this, though, and we should create many more - MF has not been great Elliot aside - Fab been average, and Milner just wandering around in the attack and not being able to track back cost us a goal.  I know I am more a fan of Keita than some, but I still don't understand why Milner gets the start ahead of him
 - last 2 years we have averaged more points per game with him in the side than without

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2022, 08:55:29 pm »
Travesty of a scoreline that.

For the first 30 mins I thought we did everything apart from put it in the net. Considering we are playing against a back 10. They were blocking everything. Elliot was unlucky with that jink around the box and pulling back into the opposite corner. Salah should have scored. Yet they score with their first attempt after 30 mins.
Philips has played well just doesn't have the pace, great perfectly timed run and perfect finish from Zaha - in off the post was the only way that was going in.

Nunez unlucky at the end of the half I think he kicks the defenders leg before the ball so can't finish properly.

Need to be calm in this half and just keep up the build up with a high tempo, if we can score quickly we can score a few.

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2022, 08:55:39 pm »
Thought we've done well enough to a point. Played well up to their box and then the lack of penetration is hurting us.

Diaz must do more. He needs to get in more adventurous attacking positions. Too often he's receiving the ball and going backwards. Mix it up with his movement to pull Clyne away more.
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2022, 08:55:43 pm »
Yes, I want to see a bit more from Diaz, it would be the difference.

Unfortunately he has Milner as the third in the trangle with Robbo. Milner is trying hard as ever but he isn't dynamic to say the least. Naby alongside Diaz and Robbo could be more productive.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2022, 08:55:59 pm »
still time to sort this out but need to be a bit more creative. Diaz been quiet really (from what I've seen on a shit stream). Be nice to try and get to the byline and cross.

Its all a bit one dimensional really. Since the mancs last season we seem to be struggling with teams defending in numbers.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2022, 08:56:00 pm »

Robertson was poor against Fulham and not much better tonight.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2022, 08:56:09 pm »
How is it possible to have 14 shots off target?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2022, 08:56:14 pm »
Even if Gomez/Matip was there they wouldn’t have stood a chance to catch Zaha on their back foot

They would at least have been able to turn and try to get back at him in less than the 5 minutes it took Nat.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2022, 08:56:24 pm »
Not good, we were busy and dominant first 25 or whatever but it was hardly a case of battering down the door, more lots of tame efforts or half chances and a couple of good ones. Then went to shit and lucky it's not 2.

Thiago is probably our most important player, loads of others are great but he just seems to elevate this team another 2 levels (Fulham aside!). Hopefully we can equalise then Palace wilt under the pressure.

Yep.

We were always going to look busy and create some half chances as Palace let us have the ball and essentially packed the defensive third to nullify the strengths of our attackers and played for the counter. When you had the twin threats running in behind and getting shots off of Mane and Salah, this sort of opponent strategy usually benefitted us. Right now Salah sticks wider, Diaz isn't showing the movements to hit the box, only Nunez is making those runs and has had two good chances, one he miskicked onto the post, the earlier one skied.

The team is still finding its rhythm, combinations in attack.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2022, 08:56:28 pm »
Diaz is miles off it - thankfully there’s a 2nd half

He is getting literally no support from the ref, being consistently kicked and pulled. Two players took him out at one point and play on.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2022, 08:56:43 pm »
Still a little flat at times, but worked the ball well too. Looked better when we moved it around with a bit of zip, rather than a spell in the middle of the half when we reverted to lumping the ball into the channel every time. I'd like Elliott to take a little of that burst of pace he has to win the ball back, to have the confidence to drive at them. Palace are sitting compact but we could do more to penetrate at times.

Couple of mistakes on the goal. Meh.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2022, 08:56:54 pm »
We haven’t lost a PL game in 2022 yet people are going over the top.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2022, 08:56:57 pm »
Feel for Phillips, thought he had a blinder up until the goal but a direct pass to a player with pace and he was undone.  He'll be a good player at the right club but not one that plays a high line.  Frustrating all around really.  Robertson looks way off it.

Elliott best player on the park.
Nat Philips is Nat Phillips… I can’t blame him for that…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2022, 08:57:01 pm »
this, it has nothing to do with Phillips, it was just a perfectly timed run, any CB gets caught by that.

Carragher blaming Van Djik too 🤣
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2022, 08:57:10 pm »
Can’t leave Phillps out there he’s getting murdered .. Get Keita on and drop Fab into defence

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2022, 08:57:18 pm »
Aside from Elliot nobody gets a free pass tonight really.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: August 15, 2022, 08:57:36 pm »
He is getting literally no support from the ref, being consistently kicked and pulled. Two players took him out at one point and play on.

That doesn’t stop the positions he’s taking up though, very wide and almost too deep… needs to be occupying their defenders more.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2022, 08:57:37 pm »
Yeah unfortunately they targeted Nat and it worked that time.

Really frustrating as we have this game so many times before but we've had so many good chances. Kind of feels one of those days right now, but onwards and upwards. We lost our heads a little after the goal - can feel the tension inside the ground already.

Van Dijk played him onside then couldn't be arsed to close down.
:D

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2022, 08:57:40 pm »
Philips is a long way from being good enough and shouldn’t be at the club still. His passing and pace and decision making are not good. Fabinho will get a lot of blame but he’s so isolated, we’re crazy open in midfield. Which is no surprise when you have a 36-37 year old who loves to pull wide playing alongside him and a kid who’s looked out most dangerous attacking player by far. We desperately need legs in midfield and there simply aren’t any at the club.